Is Max Payne 3 best Rockstar game ever made?

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

Hello,

So my friend, recently i replayed max payne 3 and then i compare to two type of games. the original max payne game and rockstar games.

When i compare it to original max payne game. it fall flat and cannot hold candle against max payne 1. it has no noire, no comic book, too many cutscenes etc

however when i compare it to other rockstar games (GTA, RDR) its miles ahead of those games. especially in a terms of gameplay mechanics.

GTA games are imo most overrated games of all time and never did anything other than world right. max payne 3 on other hand has excellent shooting and movement. plus its only rockstar game that doesnot get boring after hours. cant say same for other games.

Red dead is another rockstar game i think is good mainly because of western setting. otherwise it would be mediocre game. but max payne 3 is imo best thing rockstar ever made.

what do you think? is it best rockstar game ever made?

discuss

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

47219

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 47219 Posts

Vice City.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Vice City.

like any GTA it was also boring but i can tolerate it as its my least hated GTA game.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

47219

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 47219 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Vice City.

like any GTA it was also boring but i can tolerate it as its my least hated GTA game.

But it's good.

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
senses_fail_06

7033

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

I'd say it's one of their worst.

I'd take San Andreas as their best.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

15944

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 218

User Lists: 0

#6 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15944 Posts

Only in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

7262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

San Andreas.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17392

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Vice City, San Andreas, RDR and GTA V are among the best games ever made. Bully and The Warriors were also great.

Avatar image for endofaugust
EndofAugust

812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

I thought it was an extremely well executed game that brought the series to a good conclusion and faithfully lived up to the foundation that Remedy had created with the first two games.

I don't know if I would call it Rockstar's best, however it is excellent.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

But it wasn't any good

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

80214

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80214 Posts

No, because it's not even the best Max Payne they made.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35839

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35839 Posts

No although I really enjoyed it. I would say that Red Dead Redemption is the best game that Rockstar has ever made.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

3934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@ghosts4ever: No you dingus.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#14 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

No, because it's not even the best Max Payne they made.

thats the point. its not good max payne game but by rockstar standard its amazing.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
getyeryayasout

13539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 13539 Posts

If you think it is, it is. If you don't, it's not. That's how these things work. There's no right or wrong answer.

I love it, great game, but not the most fun I've had with a R* game. That's Vice City for me.

Avatar image for samfisher56
samfisher56

771

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 771 Posts

san andreas

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

9317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol no

Outside of Manhunt 2, I actually think its their worst

My R* top:

1. GTA: Vice City

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. GTA: San Andreas

4. GTA V

5. Canis Canem Edit a.k.a. Bully

6. GTA IV

7. GTA III

8. Max Payne 3

9. Manhunt 2

These are all the R* games I beat. With the exception of Manhunt 2, I highly enjoyed all of those.

R* are gods in this industry

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@Vatusus said:

.

R* are gods in this industry

you mean for making same boring open world formula over and over again. then i agree

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

9317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#19 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Vatusus said:

.

R* are gods in this industry

you mean for making same boring open world formula over and over again. then i agree

Your opinions are boring

Avatar image for PCgameruk
PCgameruk

2273

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

@Vatusus said:

lol no

Outside of Manhunt 2, I actually think its their worst

My R* top:

1. GTA: Vice City

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. GTA: San Andreas

4. GTA V

5. Canis Canem Edit a.k.a. Bully

6. GTA IV

7. GTA III

8. Max Payne 3

9. Manhunt 2

These are all the R* games I beat. With the exception of Manhunt 2, I highly enjoyed all of those.

R* are gods in this industry

Obviously not played State of Emergency 2

Avatar image for mjorh
mjorh

6749

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#21 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Vice City - San Andreas - Max Payne 3 would be my top 3

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

11128

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 11128 Posts

Vice City was dope for its time. Open-world games weren't the equivalent of FPS back then.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#23 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Vice City was dope for its time. Open-world games weren't the equivalent of FPS back then.

equivalent? open world games are more oversature than FPS. open world can infiltrate in every genre but FPS can not.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

11128

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 11128 Posts

@ghosts4ever: That's what I'm saying. Open-world are the oversaturated games now. Back then it was fps with a myriad of mediocre entries like Area 51, Pariah and a boatload of others that fell into obscurity.

Avatar image for endofaugust
EndofAugust

812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#25 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

No, because it's not even the best Max Payne they made.

It's the only Max Payne they made...

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

80214

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#26 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80214 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

No, because it's not even the best Max Payne they made.

It's the only Max Payne they made...

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot Remedy wasn't involved in this one.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14154

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14154 Posts

No, GTA V is way better.

Avatar image for aigis
aigis

7355

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#28 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

It's better than Doom so it must be

Avatar image for PsychoLemons
PsychoLemons

3183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

San Andreas

Avatar image for DocSanchez
DocSanchez

5557

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

For me, no. Your opinion is valid, but it's going to be drowned out by more popular choices.

For me its Red Dead Redemption, but then, I'm outvoted too. I think the popular answer will be San Andreas and I can't argue. I loved that game so much. I love most rockstar games. The only ones I never cared for were Midnight Club and Manhunt.

My choice is based on a childhood watching spaghetti westerns and wishing there was a game where you played as clint. And they nailed it.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

29227

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29227 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Vice City.

like any GTA it was also boring but i can tolerate it as its my least hated GTA game.

But it's good.

Wow, this is a real back and forth of imbeciles.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

15944

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 218

User Lists: 0

#32 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15944 Posts

I'd go with San Andreas as their best.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

9496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9496 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Do you ever get tired of having such horrible opinions on gaming?

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63356

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#34 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63356 Posts

Table Tennis.

Low key joking, but being partially honest. I really don't care for any of their games. Bad mechanics, often poor controls/game feel, and usually bloated with a lot of superficial fluff that gets gassed up to high heaven because gamers don't know shit about shit.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#35 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Low key joking, but being partially honest. I really don't care for any of their games. Bad mechanics, often poor controls/game feel, and usually bloated with a lot of superficial fluff that gets gassed up to high heaven because gamers don't know shit about shit.

but max payne 3 is better than vanquish and resident evil 4

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63356

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63356 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Low key joking, but being partially honest. I really don't care for any of their games. Bad mechanics, often poor controls/game feel, and usually bloated with a lot of superficial fluff that gets gassed up to high heaven because gamers don't know shit about shit.

but max payne 3 is better than vanquish and resident evil 4

In terms of raw: pull the trigger, and bullet hits enemy? Sure. Vanquish n RE4 have far more depth as their combat allows for more meaningful decision making with less redundancies. You would know that if you weren't a scrub.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#37 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Low key joking, but being partially honest. I really don't care for any of their games. Bad mechanics, often poor controls/game feel, and usually bloated with a lot of superficial fluff that gets gassed up to high heaven because gamers don't know shit about shit.

but max payne 3 is better than vanquish and resident evil 4

In terms of raw: pull the trigger, and bullet hits enemy? Sure. Vanquish n RE4 have far more depth as their combat allows for more meaningful decision making with less redundancies. You would know that if you weren't a scrub.

vanquish doesnot have depth at all. its too repetetive. i quit and uninstalled it after hour. RE4 is overrated game with bad controlling.

max payne 3 may not a good max payne game but much better than those games. even mafia 2 is better game than RE4 and vanquish my friend.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63356

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#38 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63356 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

vanquish doesnot have depth at all

An objectively false sentence on so many fronts. Continue.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#39 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

vanquish doesnot have depth at all

An objectively false sentence on so many fronts. Continue.

its fast gears of war with bad shooting and some fancy slo mo.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

7757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#40 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7757 Posts

Max Pain 3 isn't even the best Max Pain in my opinion... that said, I feel as though Rockstar is extremely over rated. Don't get me wrong... I'm not a hater and I have enjoyed several of their games, but I feel all too often that most of the games are a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Vice City is my favorite GTA game.

Smuggler's Run 1 and 2 are right up near the top of some of my favorite games of all time however, so I might just have to give them the nod. I would love a new Smuggler's Run game... not this GTA crap with the same name though.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#41 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Max Pain 3 isn't even the best Max Pain in my opinion... that said, I feel as though Rockstar is extremely over rated. Don't get me wrong... I'm not a hater and I have enjoyed several of their games, but I feel all too often that most of the games are a jack of all trades and a master of none.

1. of course its not best max payne game but not worst one.

2. i agree rockstar is extremely overrated. they even make ubisoft good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#42 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

No

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#43 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@phbz said:

No

elaborate please my friend.

Avatar image for zombieproof
ZombieProof

359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

Yet another B-Cell thread that's a thinly veiled attempt to propagate why he likes:

Hitman.

Doom.

Stalker.

Metro.

System Shock 2

Mafia

or why he hates:

Any game with a female protagonist (Shodan doesn't count, she's an ai)

Anything with a hint of anime.

Rockstar.

Ubisoft.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Avatar image for indzman
indzman

27736

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#45 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

I'd take San Andreas as their best.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

21047

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21047 Posts

Max Payne 3 was awesome, but not sure about their best... it'd be close between San Andreas & RDR for me.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

3917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#47 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 3917 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I would say so. Max Payne 3 completely blew me away. After playing Doom, it just felt so much faster, and tighter. Rock Star really nailed it.

Avatar image for jv303
jv303

545

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#48 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

I can't rank Rockstar games. I can't - when I try to wrap my brain around it and select a few winners, I'm reminded how great one of their others was and...

Fool's errand.

Max Payne 3 was great, though. Accomplished the same thing that Naughty Dog's games do, where gameplay compliments story and vice versa, and the pacing helps create a sense where you feel the way Max feels at any given point. When he's despairing, you feel despair. When he's fed up, you're fed up. When he's pissed, you're pissed.

Avatar image for koko-goal
koko-goal

1122

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

You are so naive if you think GTA games are overrated. GTA3 revolutionized the open world genre forever.

Maybe you're one of those who played it so late.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

19000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#50 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19000 Posts

@zombieproof said:

Yet another B-Cell thread that's a thinly veiled attempt to propagate why he likes:

Hitman.

Doom.

Stalker.

Metro.

System Shock 2

Mafia

or why he hates:

Any game with a female protagonist (Shodan doesn't count, she's an ai)

Anything with a hint of anime.

Rockstar.

Ubisoft.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

come on my friend. in this thread i praise a game made by rockstar. you just copy and paste your old post lol