Is GTAIV an Xbox 360 exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

" Furthermore he stated that the Xbox 360 is the only platform where you can play "Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV."

Quote from Stephen McGill, the head of Microsoft's Gaming and Entertainment and Devises Division UK.

http://www.psu.com/node/9196

When did this happen?

True or Not? Your thoughts?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
No, it's on PS3 as well, probably PC to eventually.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Maybe he made a mistake. I think GTA IV is still coming to the PlayStation 3.
PS3OwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS3OwnsYou
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts
Its on PS3 and 360.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

" Furthermore he stated that the Xbox 360 is the only platform where you can play "Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV."

Quote from Stephen McGill, the head of Microsoft's Gaming and Entertainment and Devises Division UK.

When did this happen?

MADVLAD123

He is saying its the only system that will have both, that is why there is that AND between Halo 3 and GTA 4.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only platform where you can play Halo 3 and GTAIV. Hmm... I suppose this makes GTAIV 360 exclusive... *DUR*
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts
Nooooo - He is saying that 360 is the only cosole to play both Halo & GTA - Got it? :)
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

When did this happen?

MADVLAD123
360 is the only system you will be able to play halo3 AND gta4 on. Hence halo3 not going to any other system.
tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
The only platform where you can play Halo 3 and GTAIV. Hmm... I suppose this makes GTAIV 360 exclusive... *DUR*foxhound_fox
SW logic of course thas what it means :D
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

When did this happen?

SpruceCaboose

He is saying its the only system that will have both, that is why there is that AND between Halo 3 and GTA 4.

AND is there to list the two games. It's a conjunction. It has no other meaning.

As for your other point about having them both that COULD be what it means. But why would he word it like that?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpruceCaboose

His statement, while correct, would read better if he would have said it like this, "The 360 is the only platform where you can play both Halo 3 and GTA 4."

He is not saying GTA 4 is exclusive. He is saying that the 360 is the only system where you can play GTA4 and then, on the same system, play Halo 3.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

When did this happen?

SpruceCaboose

Yep thats pretty much end of this thread =) 

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MADVLAD123
Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive instead. It just seems weird/suspicious.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

When did this happen?

MADVLAD123

AND is there to list the two games. It's a conjunction. It has no other meaning.

As for your other point about having them both that COULD be what it means. But why would he word it like that?

To confuse ppl probably, some sort of marketing. What he says is true, xbox360 is the only one where you can play Halo 3 and GTA IV... on PS3 you can't play Halo 3 and on Wii well yeah...HE probably chose to say it that way to make think some ppl GTA IV is exclusvie to 360 (it seems to work, we are talking about it now)
tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive. It just seems weird/suspicious.MADVLAD123
Because more people will buy GTAIV than Fable 2?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

yes it is thats why they also anncoued it for ps3, pc

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

The only platform where you can play Halo 3 and GTAIV. Hmm... I suppose this makes GTAIV 360 exclusive... *DUR*foxhound_fox

Kinda going after the throat, eh, Fox? 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive. It just seems weird/suspicious.tonythestudent

Because, simply put, GTA 4 and Halo 3 will be the largest selling software titles of this generation when the are released.

It is also a brilliant marketing job, because people who don't pay attention will think he is saying GTA 4 will be a 360 exclusive, when in actuality, he is just playing with words. 

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive instead. It just seems weird/suspicious.MADVLAD123
Well the main reason is that GTA is one of the best selling series of last gen (not sur about that though) but I'm pretty sure GTA is in the top 5 most sold games out there without a doubt together with halo and FF
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive. It just seems weird/suspicious.tonythestudent

That doesn't answer my question. I'm basically asking: If the head of Microsoft is trying to convince people of buyng a 360, why is he mentioning Halo 3 and a multiplatform when he could easily just said another exclusive instead of GTAIV. Like I said, it seems weird.

A though just occured...Could he be talking about the exclusive GTAIV downloadable content that's coming to the 360?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="tonythestudent"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Well most of you are saying that the man is trying to say 360 is the only system where you could play both those games. But why would the Head of Microsoft only mention GTA4 when he could've easily said Fable 2 or some other anticipated exclusive. It just seems weird/suspicious.MADVLAD123

That doesn't answer my question. I'm basically asking: If the head of Microsoft is trying to convince people of buyng a 360, why is he mentioning Halo 3 and a multiplatform when he could easily just said another exclusive instead of GTAIV. Like I said, it seems weird.

A though just occured...Could he be talking about the exclusive GTAIV downloadable content that's coming to the 360?

No he is not, read my response a few posts up. I answer your question. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

MADVLAD123
Can you name another Xbox-exclusive property that's as popular as Halo? No, and that's probably why he mentioned GTA IV instead of an actual 360-exlusive title.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

When did this happen?

MADVLAD123

Clever subtle marketing :) had you fooled, didn't it?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

MADVLAD123

MADV, it's not to hard to understand. Here, let me put it in the context of fast food restaurants.

We know that McDonalds and Burger both sell burgers. This fact cannot be disputed. So knowing this fact, McDonalds say things like "Not only do we sell burgers but we sell burgers with the special sauce!" to sell their product, to differentiate themselves from Burger King. Same thing applies here with the 360. Microsoft has GTA4 (The burger) which is only made more tempting with Halo 3 (The special sauce). Fans that love the combination of both will then flock to Microsoft knowing they can't get that combination anywhere else.

Now that I have compared the gaming industry to food, I'm hungry. To the kitchen!

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose

I will put it simply.

Halo and Grand Theft Auto are both series that have huge recognition outside the "hardcore" gamer group. We (the hardcore) have heard of titles like BioShock, Mass Effect, and Alan Wake, but most people in the gaming world do not read magazines or visit forums, and I would bet most would not know anything about those games.

But they know Halo and Grand Theft Auto.

When you are addressing an audience to make an impact, you use something that will sway the most people. I guarantee that more people are familiar with Grand Theft Auto than any 1st party Microsoft game, Halo included.

Grand Theft Auto is a giant. People who have never played a game in their life have heard of it, Coke used a similar theme in an ad, and any sandbox game is called a "GTA clone". Its too huge not to use it. Its name recognition alone is astounding.

And with 38 million copies sold on PS2 alone, GTA is a beast in sales as well.