Is Battlefield 1 the best in the series?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@mjorh said:
@_Matt_ said:

It was polished and fun, with the best single player... But the multiplayer was shallow and lacks so much compared to bf4.

Why?

He was probably disappointed that he had to play the game for the game, and not the unlock addiction that many CoD players crave. Lol BF4 had so many attachments and crap you could unlock for every gun. People that crave that sort of stuff generally don't seem to like BF1 all that much.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@MBirdy88 said:

So like any other game where certain things are more effective for the average player than others...

Pretty much like TF2 then... you also get to break the items down and create the cards you want according to the latest trailer, will no doubt take time to grind, but still.

I would take that over £80 of extra DLC just to experience future content anyday.

But dude, you are just making stuff up at this point.

80 pounds of extra DLC ? In which game is that exactly because it sure isn't the case in BF1.

And yeah Starcards are nothing like what you describe in Team Fortress, plus having played both Team Fortress and Battlefront I can say these systems are nothing alike.

I'll give you a simple example, because really if you want to know the truth you better just find out for yourself.

You start Star Wars Battlefront 1 and you get no cards (so as a noob you are at a disadvantage)

After a while you unlock a starcard say a grenade, by griding 5 hours

Grind some 20-50 hours more and you'll get a elite version of that grenade star card, giving you reduced cooldown... Meaning you can throw your grenade more often.

How that is fair in any way, shape or form is beyond me.

@mjorh said:

Excellent points, especially about dynamic weather system which adds a lot to the gameplay, it's not just some immersion thing.

Just like With Teeth I'd love to see it in more games.

We are seeing it in Racing games now, which is really nice.

I hope they add dynamic weather to PUBG. Would create so much more immersion and would create a more dynamic experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@MBirdy88 said:

So like any other game where certain things are more effective for the average player than others...

Pretty much like TF2 then... you also get to break the items down and create the cards you want according to the latest trailer, will no doubt take time to grind, but still.

I would take that over £80 of extra DLC just to experience future content anyday.

But dude, you are just making stuff up at this point.

80 pounds of extra DLC ? In which game is that exactly because it sure isn't the case in BF1.

And yeah Starcards are nothing like what you describe in Team Fortress, plus having played both Team Fortress and Battlefront I can say these systems are nothing alike.

I'll give you a simple example, because really if you want to know the truth you better just find out for yourself.

You start Star Wars Battlefront 1 and you get no cards (so as a noob you are at a disadvantage)

After a while you unlock a starcard say a grenade, by griding 5 hours

Grind some 20-50 hours more and you'll get a elite version of that grenade star card, giving you reduced cooldown... Meaning you can throw your grenade more often.

How that is fair in any way, shape or form is beyond me.

@mjorh said:

Excellent points, especially about dynamic weather system which adds a lot to the gameplay, it's not just some immersion thing.

Just like With Teeth I'd love to see it in more games.

We are seeing it in Racing games now, which is really nice.

I appreciate that in this case it probably was poorly balanced (they usually are... even perks in other MP shooters are not all made equal). And also get the point that the grind is probably longer.

But fact still remains, that person with the reduced cooldown card is sacrificing in another area (though again, I understand, grenades are a f*cking nusance in any of these games... I would happily exclude them, but thats another story). Maybe not over a "rank 1" player..... but that is no different to any other battlefield or cod or whatever.

Oh and it IS like TF2... you either pay for a Black Box + Healing Banner/Speed Horn + Speed Shovel as a soldier in the game or prey to RNGesus that you will get them magically.... or craft them from crap. Wether the rates are the same is another story.

In CoD, I couldn't go full Rader-stealth until mid 40s Rank? probably one of the most overpowered class make ups in ALL of those games (including things like silent running and weapons) ... so again, not fair on a newby either.

£80 maybe exaggerated , as you can buy the season pass, so what are they on EA games these days, £40/45? still doesn't change the fact that the community is still splintered because a good portion of the community is thinking "I already payed £50 or £80 for the base game!" and won't spend... meaning all expansion maps are less played and matchmaking gets worse over time.

Maps/Content behind DLC/Season passes is crap... it always has been.