Is 1080p HD an obligation for the next gen consoles?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 RStar9
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Also, Im confused as to why you didn't inclue the first half of my post. I'm sitting my lazyboy now, how does your chair from Staples feel?

Jade_Monkey

It actually is from Staples :) nice guess. I'm feeling pretty good. My 24" monitor does a higher resolution than your 50" POS and I have 7.1 sound hooked up. I can't complain too much.

Higher resolution? Thats great. I have the highest rated TV on the market. Enjoy doing your gaming and watching your movies inches from your tiny screen. 24inches? Putting 4 together would still be smaller than what I play on. But I guess when your nose is almost touching the screen, it evens out.

50" POS.... Thats witty when its a Kuro.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 TheDuffman26
Member since 2006 • 1346 Posts
lol this is great. Rstar may I make a suggestion? You should build yourself a HTPC and get a wirelss gamepad. That way you can sit your fat butt in the lazyboy while playing old school console games via emulator like sonic and mario, then when you get bored of that, pop Crysis in and enjoy some explosive eye candy. Then when you get bored of that, you can log in to gamespot and talk some crap. Then browse through your big HD movie library and watch a flick. All while sitting in your lazyboy. PC gamers have the best of all worlds.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#103 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts

To each his own. I would enjoy either over Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper, but hey, thats just me.

RStar9

I'm more partial to the Witcher, World in Conflict, Crysis, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout, SWAT 4, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. myself.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Jade_Monkey

Higher resolution? Thats great. I have the highest rated TV on the market. Enjoy doing your gaming and watching your movies inches from your tiny screen. 24inches? Putting 4 together would still be smaller than what I play on. But I guess when your nose is almost touching the screen, it evens out.

RStar9

You know when your girlfriend told you size doesn't matter she was lying but it is true in this case. I'd rather watch a higher quality image on a smaller screen than a lower quality on bigger screen. I am actually about a foot and a bit from ym screen which is good for me.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 RStar9

lol this is great. Rstar may I make a suggestion? You should build yourself a HTPC and get a wirelss gamepad. That way you can sit your fat butt in the lazyboy while playing old school console games via emulator like sonic and mario, then when you get bored of that, pop Crysis in and enjoy some explosive eye candy. Then when you get bored of that, you can log in to gamespot and talk some crap. Then browse through your big HD movie library and watch a flick. All while sitting in your lazyboy. PC gamers have the best of all worlds.TheDuffman26

My current laptop runs emulation up to the N64 PS1 gen. As far as movies, I have an HP home server that streams movies to my TV using my PS3 as a media extender. So all I'm missing out on from that post is Crysis, which I've played and agree it is amazing. It did not blow me away to the point where I'd enjoy it over any of the top console shooters though.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

To each his own. I would enjoy either over Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper, but hey, thats just me.

Jade_Monkey

I'm more partial to the Witcher, World in Conflict, Crysis, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout, SWAT 4, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. myself.

Witcher is in production for consoles (at least it was) Fallout 3 is on consoles. SWAT 4? Neverwinter Nights? I can play both on older PC's. Not to mention Baldurs Gate 2 is a far superior game to NWN in my opinion.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TheDuffman26

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]lol this is great. Rstar may I make a suggestion? You should build yourself a HTPC and get a wirelss gamepad. That way you can sit your fat butt in the lazyboy while playing old school console games via emulator like sonic and mario, then when you get bored of that, pop Crysis in and enjoy some explosive eye candy. Then when you get bored of that, you can log in to gamespot and talk some crap. Then browse through your big HD movie library and watch a flick. All while sitting in your lazyboy. PC gamers have the best of all worlds.RStar9

My current laptop runs emulation up to the N64 PS1 gen. As far as movies, I have an HP home server that streams movies to my TV using my PS3 as a media extender. So all I'm missing out on from that post is Crysis, which I've played and agree it is amazing. It did not blow me away to the point where I'd enjoy it over any of the top console shooters though.

Well atleast you see my point. I'd just rather have one machine do it all rather than 5
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jade_Monkey

Witcher is in production for consoles (at least it was) Fallout 3 is on consoles. SWAT 4? Neverwinter Nights? I can play both on older PC's. Not to mention Baldurs Gate 2 is a far superior game to NWN in my opinion.

RStar9

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26863418/console-witcher-ditched-in-favor-of-witcher-2.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;5

Console witcher cancelled. I said Fallout, not Fallout 3 (learn to read). Yes they can be played by older PCs but we are talking exclusives here and they aren't on consoles.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

No actually I don't know any games that run in native 1080p, would you care to name some? I don't look up every game to find out if it does.

Stevo_the_gamer

So it was a blind accusation, I see. You made the claim yet you had no knowledge on the subject at hand.

Off the top of my head:

• NBA Homestreet
  • Virtual Tennis 3
  • Wipeout HD
  • Portal: Still Alive

Edit:

Perhaps these two links -- PS3, Xbox 360 -- might help you as well.

Not so much blind as much as there isn't any game out there worth having that supports native 1080p, and your lists pretty much confirms that.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]lol this is great. Rstar may I make a suggestion? You should build yourself a HTPC and get a wirelss gamepad. That way you can sit your fat butt in the lazyboy while playing old school console games via emulator like sonic and mario, then when you get bored of that, pop Crysis in and enjoy some explosive eye candy. Then when you get bored of that, you can log in to gamespot and talk some crap. Then browse through your big HD movie library and watch a flick. All while sitting in your lazyboy. PC gamers have the best of all worlds.TheDuffman26

Well atleast you see my point. I'd just rather have one machine do it all rather than 5

Depends. Saving everything on my server and playing it on my TV saves me from ever worrying about getting a virus on my PC. Blurays look amazing, my 5.1 stereo system (7.1? lots of support there.....) can crank out music that makes my whole house shake when having people over. Not to mention while I'm not a huge fan of the Wii, its a nice change of pace when having casual gamer friends or older family members over.

Hell, a big screen TV with awesome surround sound just to watch TV and movies is more than worth it to me to miss out on Crysis.

I play Freespace 2, Diablo 2, NWN 1+2, Baldurs Gate 1+2, Civ 4, Warcraft 3 ect on my PC. Are the new games really any better than those other than graphics? No.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26863418/console-witcher-ditched-in-favor-of-witcher-2.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;5

Console witcher cancelled. I said Fallout, not Fallout 3 (learn to read). Yes they can be played by older PCs but we are talking exclusives here and they aren't on consoles.

And we were talking about resolution. Not sure where the original Fallout comes into play on a console resolution discussion. You were talking about your awesome 24 inch super screen.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Resolution is not that important for 3D graphics. They don't make that big of a difference...to me anyways. 480p to 720p is a nice jump, but IMO 1080p isn't necessary yet
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Also, Im confused as to why you didn't inclue the first half of my post. I'm sitting my lazyboy now, how does your chair from Staples feel?

RStar9

It actually is from Staples :) nice guess. I'm feeling pretty good. My 24" monitor does a higher resolution than your 50" POS and I have 7.1 sound hooked up. I can't complain too much.

The size of the screen has no effect on anything. How far you are away from the screen is all that matters. If you're 10 feet away from your 50" and he's only 1 foot away from his 24" then he gets more screen covering his field of view. This would be common sense to most people.

Also PC's have been doing much higher resolutions then console for ages now. They had 1080p before you even knew what HD was. Also most console games are only 720p then upconverted to 1080p. whereas PC's would be native resolutions all the time.

Basically a fight with a hermit about highest resolution is a losing fight.

Also, judging from your ignorance about PC's, you haven't even played crysis. So bringing that into the arguement just show how oblivious you are to how well the PC actually does.

As for the hermit here. you can't honestly say there aren't a few console games you wouldn't lke to get your hand on. KZ2 MP is simply amazing. COD doesn't even hold a candle to it. The single player was a little lacking though.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Jade_Monkey

And we were talking about resolution. Not sure where the original Fallout comes into play on a console resolution discussion. You were talking about your awesome 24 inch super screen.

RStar9

In that post I was talking about exclusives. You had said how you didn't like nancy drew games and I listed PC exclusives I did like. Fallout, the original, is a PC exclusive. The posts are still there if you want to reread them. I could help you out with the bigger words if you like.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

enygma500

The size of the screen has no effect on anything. How far you are away from the screen is all that matters. If you're 10 feet away from your 50" and he's only 1 foot away from his 24" then he gets more screen covering his field of view. This would be common sense to most people.

Also PC's have been doing much higher resolutions then console for ages now. They had 1080p before you even knew what HD was. Also most console games are only 720p then upconverted to 1080p. whereas PC's would be native resolutions all the time.

Basically a fight with a hermit about highest resolution is a losing fight.

Also, judging from your ignorance about PC's, you haven't even played crysis. So bringing that into the arguement just show how oblivious you are to how well the PC actually does.

As for the hermit here. you can't honestly say there aren't a few console games you wouldn't lke to get your hand on. KZ2 MP is simply amazing. COD doesn't even hold a candle to it. The single player was a little lacking though.

I hate KZ2. Not everyone has to like it.

I'm also confused as to why you're under the assumption that its not possible to play Crysis on someone elses computer.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheDuffman26

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"][QUOTE="RStar9"]

RStar9

Depends. Saving everything on my server and playing it on my TV saves me from ever worrying about getting a virus on my PC. Blurays look amazing, my 5.1 stereo system (7.1? lots of support there.....) can crank out music that makes my whole house shake when having people over. Not to mention while I'm not a huge fan of the Wii, its a nice change of pace when having casual gamer friends or older family members over.

Hell, a big screen TV with awesome surround sound just to watch TV and movies is more than worth it to me to miss out on Crysis.

I play Freespace 2, Diablo 2, NWN 1+2, Baldurs Gate 1+2, Civ 4, Warcraft 3 ect on my PC. Are the new games really any better than those other than graphics? No.

Your missing the point of a HTPC. You can pretty much do everything on your big screen TV and awesome sound system while sitting in your lazyboy. Play crysis, watch a bluray, put on some party music, play old school games, whatever you want.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jade_Monkey

enygma500

I don't have enough interest in any console game to go buy a console. You can keep your KZ MP I will keep my Battlefield 2, Day of Defeat and SWAT 4.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

In that post I was talking about exclusives. You had said how you didn't like nancy drew games and I listed PC exclusives I did like. Fallout, the original, is a PC exclusive. The posts are still there if you want to reread them. I could help you out with the bigger words if you like.

Seeing as how your posts are riddled with grammatical errors, not to metion your post on Fallout came after talking about 2009 exclusives, I find this response rather hilarious.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]Well atleast you see my point. I'd just rather have one machine do it all rather than 5TheDuffman26

Your missing the point of a HTPC. You can pretty much do everything on your big screen TV and awesome sound system while sitting in your lazyboy. Play crysis, watch a bluray, put on some party music, play old school games, whatever you want.

I am getting all that right now minus Crysis with my 3 year old HP laptop and a PS3. I'm not sure if I'd swap Metal Gear 3 for Crysis.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jade_Monkey

Seeing as how your posts are riddled with grammatical errors, not to metion your post on Fallout came after talking about 2009 exclusives, I find this response rather hilarious.

RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

That's the post in question.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jade_Monkey

I am getting all that right now minus Crysis with my 3 year old HP laptop and a PS3. I'm not sure if I'd swap Metal Gear 3 for Crysis.

RStar9

You mean metal Gear 4 ?

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"][QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

And this came directly after talking about PC exclusive compared to next gen console exclusives. Nice try, but no cigar.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Jade_Monkey

And this came directly after talking about PC exclusive compared to next gen console exclusives. Nice try, but no cigar.

RStar9

I brought my proof, you bring yours. Learn to quote while your at it.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

You mean metal Gear 4 ?

That I do. It is getting late.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Jade_Monkey

RStar9

Excuses excuses.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

Haha. Uh oh, I incorrectly quoted and corrected it after noticing. You're entertaining me, thats for sure.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

Excuses excuses.

Im confused at what you're getting at here? It is not getting late? Or did I actually mean I play MG3 on my PS3? Care to explain?

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jade_Monkey

Im confused at what you're getting at here? It is not getting late? Or did I actually mean I play MG3 on my PS3? Care to explain?

RStar9

Are you saying that you didn't say it was getting late as an excuse for why you said the wrong game ?

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jade_Monkey

Haha. Uh oh, I incorrectly quoted and corrected it after noticing. You're entertaining me, thats for sure.

RStar9

You on the other hand are making me weep for society.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Yep, consoles are for children, even though most PC games outside of the RTS genre are multiplat and designed for consoles.

Crysis. Amazing. Enjoy your one benchmark, while you're doing that, continue to wait for games to get ported from the consoles to your PC.

Jade_Monkey

That's rich considering PC has more exslusives this gen than PS3 or 360 or Wii.

Heres the post. With spelling errors to boot after you made a big deal about my reading comp. You're really putting on a one man comedy show tonight.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Jade_Monkey

Heres the post. With spelling errors to boot after you made a big deal about my reading comp. You're really putting on a one man comedy show tonight.

RStar9

First you said errors which is plural, and I only count one error. Second consoles have been putting on a 20 year+ comedy show with their "games".

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 enygma500

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

RStar9

So first you tell me that you play crysis at a friends. then you tell jade that you play it on your 3 year old laptop(lol, was that like a $20,000 laptop when you bought it?). so uhh which is it? Alsoo I said that KZ2's single player was lacking. I never said it was all that. Reading comprehension FTW.

And jade, thanks for taking out the rest of the post whre i defended your postition. I wasn't trying to make PC games sound bad. I was just saying, there must be at LEAST 1 game you wish was on the PC. I nkow I see a few on the PC and 360. All I have is a wii and PS3. Getting a nice rig soon though. but KB/m has never really been my thing.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

Are you saying that you didn't say it was getting late as an excuse for why you said the wrong game ?

I'm saying I pressed a 3 instead of a 4 and didn't notice. I guess what you're saying is you have no real argument here, so you're resorting to making a big deal out of a 3-4 mistype. Good work, you're doing quite well. I am very sorry for the slip up, and am sorry you are having trouble understanding what happened.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

enygma500

So first you tell me that you play crysis at a friends. then you tell jade that you play it on your 3 year old laptop(lol, was that like a $20,000 laptop when you bought it?). so uhh which is it? Alsoo I said that KZ2's single player was lacking. I never said it was all that. Reading comprehension FTW.

And jade, thanks for taking out the rest of the post whre i defended your postition. I wasn't trying to make PC games sound bad. I was just saying, there must be at LEAST 1 game you wish was on the PC. I nkow I see a few on the PC and 360. All I have is a wii and PS3. Getting a nice rig soon though. but KB/m has never really been my thing.

I quit reading after you told me I played Crysis on my 3 year old HP. Feel free to quote where I said anything to that nature.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jade_Monkey

enygma500

Nothing personal with taking some out, just don't like long posts when they don't have to be. I only included what I wanted to respond to. I could think of a couple I want but KZ2 would never be one of them though. I could go for some MLB The Show though.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Jade_Monkey

I quit reading after you told me I played Crysis on my 3 year old HP. Feel free to quote where I said anything to that nature.

RStar9

Your actually right. You said everything minus Crysis on the HP. As much as it paisn me to say so.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

First you said errors which is plural, and I only count one error. Second consoles have been putting on a 20 year+ comedy show with their "games".

PS3, Wii, or 360. You don't put or between every word. A pro such as yourself that is attempting to teach me a few spelling and reading comprehension lessons should know that.

What are you doing right now? Typing on a forum and watching tv and drinking some coffee and............. No. So errors would be correct.

You're welcome.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TheDuffman26
How many times can you play mgs4? Sure it's epic the first time through, but who wants to watch a long ass movie again and again? I don't believe you when you say that you'd rather have mgs4 over Crysis, especially since you played it at a friends house for a few minutes and said it was amazing. And FYI, i've got a ps3 and PC, and would take Crysis over mgs4 anyday.
RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

Jade_Monkey

Your actually right. You said everything minus Crysis on the HP. As much as it paisn me to say so.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't wish I could play it. It is an amazing game. I get enough solice from my 3 consoles and lower demanding PC games though.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 RStar9

How many times can you play mgs4? Sure it's epic the first time through, but who wants to watch a long ass movie again and again? I don't believe you when you say that you'd rather have mgs4 over Crysis, especially since you played it at a friends house for a few minutes and said it was amazing. And FYI, i've got a ps3 and PC, and would take Crysis over mgs4 anyday.TheDuffman26

If you list some of your favorite games of all time, I'm quite sure some will include games that grew stale after the first few playthroughs.

Hell, Space Quest 1-5 (6 was terrible and I haven't even got around to finishing it) are 5 of my favorite games of all time.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Jade_Monkey

What are you doing right now? Typing on a forum and watching tv and drinking some coffee and............. No.

RStar9

You are so far off. I drank my coffee a while back and I don't have a TV.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheDuffman26

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]How many times can you play mgs4? Sure it's epic the first time through, but who wants to watch a long ass movie again and again? I don't believe you when you say that you'd rather have mgs4 over Crysis, especially since you played it at a friends house for a few minutes and said it was amazing. And FYI, i've got a ps3 and PC, and would take Crysis over mgs4 anyday.RStar9

If you list some of your favorite games of all time, I'm quite sure some will include games that grew stale after the first few playthroughs.

Hell, Space Quest 1-5 (6 was terrible and I haven't even got around to finishing it) are 5 of my favorite games of all time.

Half Life 2 only gets better and better. I'll play it again shortly when I get this Cinematic mod installed which is a beast of a download. Your argument holds true for console games though. Just admit it, you'd trade your crappy laptop and consoles for a machine that can do it all. Or do you really care that much about mgs4?
RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

What are you doing right now? Typing on a forum and watching tv and drinking some coffee and............. No.

Jade_Monkey

You are so far off. I drank my coffee a while back and I don't have a TV.

No TV? Thats just crazy.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jade_Monkey

No TV? Thats just crazy.

RStar9

I have a TV Tuner in my PC, just one more reason PC rules.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 enygma500

[QUOTE="enygma500"]

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

RStar9

bwahahahaha. I missed the minus in the sentence. my bad. I found it kinda funny you saying crysis even ran on that thing. I mean you said you were tired but lol that woulda been kind of a stretch.

In any case, this whole arguement has just turned into a crazy fanboy arguement. PC's do higher resolutions end. of. story.

also pc users don't need huge screens because they're so close to them.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheDuffman26

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

No TV? Thats just crazy.

Jade_Monkey

word. You can also go to hulu.com and you got tv on demand. Watch the episode of whatever series you want right then and there.
RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]How many times can you play mgs4? Sure it's epic the first time through, but who wants to watch a long ass movie again and again? I don't believe you when you say that you'd rather have mgs4 over Crysis, especially since you played it at a friends house for a few minutes and said it was amazing. And FYI, i've got a ps3 and PC, and would take Crysis over mgs4 anyday.TheDuffman26

Half Life 2 only gets better and better. I'll play it again shortly when I get this Cinematic mod installed which is a beast of a download. Your argument holds true for console games though. Just admit it, you'd trade your crappy laptop and consoles for a machine that can do it all. Or do you really care that much about mgs4?

MGS4? No, not that much, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. Sports games, racing games, JRPG's, they are all better on the console (in my opinion. You could make arguments for the PC side I guess). I used to be quite a big RTS guy, and I do miss that on the consoles, but after moving towards games like Civ4 and Galactic Civ 2 on my PC, I don't enjoy RTS games that much anymore. So I'm pretty much missing Crysis, and I'll admit the Witcher. If the no console rumours are true Ill be very pissed off. I will also miss Diablo 3.

But no, I would never consider trading in my 3 systems and all their games for a quality PC rig. When all you guys start buying gas again and I go back to work, Ill probably just buy a top notch gaming PC anyways. I was planning on getting one before the recession hit and I was laid off. Probably one of the first things I'll buy when things pick up again.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 RStar9

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

[QUOTE="enygma500"]

enygma500

bwahahahaha. I missed the minus in the sentence. my bad. I found it kinda funny you saying crysis even ran on that thing. I mean you said you were tired but lol that woulda been kind of a stretch.

In any case, this whole arguement has just turned into a crazy fanboy arguement. PC's do higher resolutions end. of. story.

also pc users don't need huge screens because they're so close to them.

Honest mistake, no big deal. I also don't disagree that PC's have higher resolutions and you sit closer to the screen.

RStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 RStar9

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="RStar9"]

No TV? Thats just crazy.

TheDuffman26

word. You can also go to hulu.com and you got tv on demand. Watch the episode of whatever series you want right then and there.

Not if you're a poor, forgoten Canadian you can't. Not yet at least.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
They should run it and run it well, current gen games can barely even run 640p or whatever butchered resolution they run, sure some run higher but do they look that great?