shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Just a few thoughts after playing 6 games thus far.

1. The difference in Enhanced games is staggering coming from Xbox One. Halo 5 looks like a new game altogether. Incredible details, increased draw distance and animation. ACO looks and plays amazing, while Wolfenstein looks great in 4K as well. Gears 4 looks amazing. The details and draw distance in these games, especially ACO highlight the power of the console and why 4K HDR is a game changer IMO graphics wise. There is a huge fucking difference. To my knowledge of the games I played only Gears is native 4K and I think all the others are dynamic but I'm not certain and couldn't tell the difference.

2. Load times for all the games I players were at least twice or three times faster booting into the game and post cut-scenes.

3. Console is creepy quiet. I didn't hear it at any time even when I tried.

4. Two of my all-time fav games Mass Effect 2 and 3 look great upscaled to 4K. Again you notice details you never saw before due to the huge resolution jump. That this system automatically makes your older games run smoother is a testament to MS engineering.

5. Games with the 4K textures really, really stand out.

All in all for what this system does on current games,, recent games and old games it absolutely delivers a massive upgrade over the Xbox One and pretty good one over PS4 Pro IMO. System runs, looks, and plays great. Installing from my external HD after having downloaded all my account details and games prior to launch had me playing games within 20 minutes of turning the system on (Initial patch to install)

I honestly think MS lucked out this fall with the third party games being pretty high quality as they really stand out for the console. Next year will be huge for them to nail the first-party games. All in all MS delivered one hell of a console. And since I'm not a PC gamer this looks incredible. Wating to see The Witcher 3, Battlefront 2, and CoD WW2 enchanced games next.

Anyone else care to share their impressions so far?

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Sounds great....any and everybody's only gripe is the lack of first party titles.....hopefully MS listens and brings games that can really benefit from this power.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@jtothamtothap: Yea I think State of Decay 2 will turn out great, and my fingers are crossed for Crackdown 3 - that game could be amazing or get canceled altogether. Just don't know. Phil needs to deliver next year for certain. But they have the hardware now to shine. Just gotta deliver more exclusives.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

@jtothamtothap said:

Sounds great....any and everybody's only gripe is the lack of first party titles.....hopefully MS listens and brings games that can really benefit from this power.

Games will probably come eventually, but as long as the thing is reliable then MS has a winner on its hands w/ their fanbase.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Great to hear! Mine has arrived at my house but I am on the road right now. The response has been great for the surprises that the X is doing for games.

LG OLED ready to go!!!!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I love the build quality and the hardware. I played a ton of different games on it last night and they all looked and played great. Plus, it is a ton quitter then the PS4 Pro which is a bonus. So far I am very happy with my purchase. Yes, I still wished Microsoft used a better CPU, but can't fix that now. It is a great system none the less.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I'm personally not too impressed, even with the enhanced games that i played they just looked like sharper version of already good looking games that already impressed in their day. Performance mode gears 4 was the highlight for me. I did manage to snag an elite controller for $50 off from best buy with the purchase of the X though and that was pretty cool. Diminishing returns is very real.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@shawn30: Amazon said id have to wait until Thursday but it arrived today.

It is so great. I remember getting my Pro last October and seeing a bump that was really nice, but this is so much better. The fact they waited and made it so much better really shows. MS really made a great console here. I hope they do in fact invest in first party heavily as Bloomberg reported for their sake even though I don't expect to buy everything just because it's first party as I don't on PS4. My gaming every gen is majority multiplats and this box is knocking those out of the park. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20107 Posts

Sounds about right. Glad you're enjoying it.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Glad you like it, gotten some 4k love from mah PRO already, but can't wait to use the X as my 3rd party machine.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Loving mine and I agree the differences are amazing in some games.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase, all the games ive played have a staggering differences

The console just screams quality, even the menus and UI run smoother.

BF1 runs fantastic despite no patch to to it, it's upscaled and performance is night and day.

TF2 looks absolutely gorgeous and the MP runs excellent.

COD:WW2 Looks beautiful.

Halo 5 is insane, the Multiplayer feels better too because of the updated visuals.

Glad this is 2nd console I've ever pre-ordered, it has been a great experience.

This review imo captures exactly how most of us at Xbox feel (and this reviewer still talked about how PS has better exclusives currently)

Even better news for Microsoft is that third-party releases will now almost always look better and run smoother on Xbox One X, which is bad news for the PS4 Pro.

Indeed, for the first time this console generation, Microsoft has the upper-hand on Sony in terms of visuals, performance and power.

Microsoft's new 4K console may not be perfect, but it has made the console wars infinitely more interesting. It's a good time to be an Xbox gamer.

-Express.co.uk

Dook-E-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Dook-E-Fresh
Member since 2017 • 66 Posts

Yeah, the quality in this thing is incredible. When I first popped in Call of Duty World War II...wow. I was just amazed at the visuals. This truly is the most powerful console of all time. HDR really does help and makes use of the colors. Videos I would watch on YouTube definitely do not do it justice. Granted, I do have an LG OLED and I'm running the technicolor mode :)

Just a heads up for anyone that has an LG OLED as well, preferably a 2017 model, if you guys have Assassins Creed Origins, I would love some input on the HDR settings, I currently have mine at 800/162 in the settings. I've read over on the AVS Forums; one guy has it at 800/200 but doesn't feel it's right...lol.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@cainetao11: preordered from amazon last Saturday and got mine yesterday. Did you pre order? On the system itself. It is pretty amazing. Great piece of tech. Halo 5 does look much better. Haven’t tried gears yet as had to download a 13 GB update. Gonna try killer instinct tonight. It’s crazy how quiet it is.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to pick mine up.

Have had an urge these past few months to play through the Halo 5 campaign again but holding out so I can play it on the X, the difference looks unreal.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17815 Posts

Xbox One X...

"The World's Most Powerful Console"

"Premium Product"

.... still runs games at 30fps.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

I was busy yesterday, but dabbled a bit. I tried Thumper and it was crisp and smooth, and it ran fast, I even think something is cutting down on input latency and it's much more repsonsive.

Halo 5, dabbled in the campaign, things were crisp. Looked great.

Tried a non-X1X enhanced game to see how the new system handled it, State of Decay, which on the vanilla XB1 had framerate and screen tearing issues, and it wasn't perfect and smooth but substantially enhanced. I didn't get too far into it yet to see if it slogs later in, but so far seems better. I'd like to later test out Zombie Army Trilogy, which had issues with the XB1 port. Oh, and maybe some poor technical performers like >Obsever_ or Layers of Fear.

Later today after work, I'd like to check out one of the X1X enhanced BC games, like Mirror's Edge or maybe TES Oblivion, or Gears of War 3, or maybe Fallout 3, though I'm not sure with that last one if i'd commit to making it too end of game where it really slowed down.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69581 Posts

Too early for me to give a strong evaluation of the system besides its a great looking system.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Unlike the Pro which had purchasers remorse, seems like there’s a lot of satisfied Xbox One X consumers.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Pretty much sums up how I feel too.

Cows are gonna hate and hermits will try to down talk it (why hermits are even involved in a console debate is beyond me when everyone knows PCs are better...they should be debating each other’s specs) but for the price the X1X delivers.

You really have to see it in person to get it. I said the exact same thing the other day Halo 5 looks like a new game it’s that much better.

What I’m even more impressed with is a lot of devs are throwing out 60fps options and performance options.

But for the bulk of the console market that plays mostly multiplats, X1X is definitely the best thing going Now.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FLOPPAGE_50

@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

It's still a premium console, even by your logic.

Glad to see the tears flowing.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FLOPPAGE_50

@lamprey263 said:

I was busy yesterday, but dabbled a bit. I tried Thumper and it was crisp and smooth, and it ran fast, I even think something is cutting down on input latency and it's much more repsonsive.

Halo 5, dabbled in the campaign, things were crisp. Looked great.

Tried a non-X1X enhanced game to see how the new system handled it, State of Decay, which on the vanilla XB1 had framerate and screen tearing issues, and it wasn't perfect and smooth but substantially enhanced. I didn't get too far into it yet to see if it slogs later in, but so far seems better. I'd like to later test out Zombie Army Trilogy, which had issues with the XB1 port. Oh, and maybe some poor technical performers like >Obsever_ or Layers of Fear.

Later today after work, I'd like to check out one of the X1X enhanced BC games, like Mirror's Edge or maybe TES Oblivion, or Gears of War 3, or maybe Fallout 3, though I'm not sure with that last one if i'd commit to making it too end of game where it really slowed down.

Glad they are supporting older games too, the reception of Gears 3/Mirrors Edge/Ninja Gaiden being enhanced has been pretty acclaim.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BassMan

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

These are the best kind of tears. Keep them flowing. LOL

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FLOPPAGE_50

@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

LOL that retort made no sense? want to try again?

XB1X compared to all CONSOLES, is a premium product.

Now counter that, herm.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BassMan

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

Now counter that, herm.

How does it not make sense? Tears are flowing because you are making me laugh so much and I don't want to stop.

There is nothing premium about 30fps. All consoles are shit.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FLOPPAGE_50

@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

Now counter that, herm.

How does it not make sense? Tears are flowing because you are making me laugh so much and I don't want to stop.

Again, you avoid the question, and your answer is more whining.. bruh you're crying in a console thread.

Compared to consoles, XB1X is a premium product as no console around offers the specs it does.

Want to try again? that's your second deflection.

or will you keep crying?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@sirk1264: No doubt. I pre ordered Aug 20th as soon as they opened for the Scorpio edition at gamescom.

Amazon screwed up with their precedence system. So us day one pre orders got put behind second wave. I got mine though and I am loving it. Wish I didn't have school tonight. But it'll be there for me when I get home.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FLOPPAGE_50

@cainetao11 said:

@sirk1264: No doubt. I pre ordered Aug 20th as soon as they opened for the Scorpio edition at gamescom.

Amazon screwed up with their precedence system. So us day one pre orders got put behind second wave. I got mine though and I am loving it. Wish I didn't have school tonight. But it'll be there for me when I get home.

A lot of people in the UK were pissed at Amazon, apparently a lot of delays.

However, i also read on reddit about an amazon warehouse fire somewhere in the UK, were A LOT of potential X-mas gifts turned to ashes.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Now counter that, herm.

Again, you avoid the question, and your answer is more whining.. bruh you're crying in a console thread.

Compared to consoles, XB1X is a premium product as no console around offers the specs it does.

or will you keep crying?

LOL deflections. X1X may be the best console, but that is not saying much. It gets lumped into the shit pile just like the rest of the consoles. "Premium Product"... 30fps. LMAO.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cainetao11

@lamprey263: I'm gonna pass on fallout 3 since I played the absolute crap out of it on 360/pc. Gears 3 I will get around to checking out though.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sirk1264

@cainetao11: oh ok. That sucks. Got the non Scorpio edition myself. They had plenty of preorders it seems for the non Scorpio edition.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FLOPPAGE_50

@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

Now counter that, herm.

or will you keep crying?

LOL deflections. X1X may be the best console, but that is not saying much. It gets lumped into the shit pile just like the rest of the consoles. "Premium product" 30fps. LMAO.

oh look no reasonable answer again, I gave you a nice logical response and your answer is more bitching about "shit" consoles and just randomly laughing at your own comments.

Again, the XB1X is a premium product compared to other home consoles, no matter how much your panties get wadded up.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cainetao11

@FLOPPAGE_50: Now that is sad. Not even just Xbox.

Aside from that, I love the "Bu bu bu my PC!! No tears here" crap all over.

Then why are you commenting? LOL ? shouldn't you be playing your uber awesome pc? So much ballbaggybullshit.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FLOPPAGE_50

@cainetao11 said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: Now that is sad. Not even just Xbox.

Aside from that, I love the "Bu bu bu my PC!! No tears here" crap all over.

Then why are you commenting? LOL ? shouldn't you be playing your uber awesome pc? So much ballbaggybullshit.

Seriously, he adds a comment, I give him 2 logical response and he returns with "hur hur ur so hurt consoles suck LOLOL @ my own jokes"

It's so out of left field, and screams insecurity LOL

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sirk1264

@RR360DD: i played a little warzone last night. Game looked much better than on my original xbox one. Much cleaner image and the textures looked like they got a bump in detail too.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BassMan

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Now counter that, herm.

or will you keep crying?

LOL deflections. X1X may be the best console, but that is not saying much. It gets lumped into the shit pile just like the rest of the consoles. "Premium product" 30fps. LMAO.

oh look no reasonable answer again, I gave you a nice logical response and your answer is more bitching about "shit" consoles and just randomly laughing at your own comments.

Again, the XB1X is a premium product compared to other home consoles, no matter how much your panties get wadded up.

I admire your defense of your favorite console, but you have to come to the realization that it is still shit and should not be associated with the word premium. It may bet at the top of the shit pile, but it is still shit.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

It is a premium console though. The kind you can play at a 5 star motel after eating some upscale fast food.

Yeah it is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FLOPPAGE_50

@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@BassMan said:

or will you keep crying?

I admire your defense of your favorite console, but you have to come to the realization that it is still shit and should not be associated with the word premium. It may bet at the top of the shit pile, but it is still shit.

I admire your apparent butthurt, but it is a premium console. continue to stay hurt though.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Damn. Now I want one. Gears 4 sounds like its turning out to be the best showcase for 4K and HDR on the X.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Welcome to better graphics? Why do you think us PC gamers are on PC in the first place? :P

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FLOPPAGE_50

@sirk1264 said:

@RR360DD: i played a little warzone last night. Game looked much better than on my original xbox one. Much cleaner image and the textures looked like they got a bump in detail too.

I need to give that game more time, only tried the campaign and it was gorgeous.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Welcome to better graphics? Why do you think us PC gamers are on PC in the first place? :P

I know why PC gamers stick to PC games, and there's nothing wrong with that, these 2 can co-exists!

for those that want the high end experience for a decent price, you can't go wrong with this badboy.

Now if you have $1000-2000 free funds and ask what to do? I'd probably recommend the PC, because that's logical.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 eNT1TY

@ConanTheStoner said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

It is a premium console though. The kind you can play at a 5 star motel after eating some upscale fast food.

If Microsoft themselves say it's premium then it probably is, don't get it twisted. Now to order that kobe burger with truffle aioli dressing with my premium eat24 app.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FLOPPAGE_50

@eNT1TY said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

If Microsoft themselves say it's premium then it probably is, don't get it twisted. Now to order that kobe burger with truffle aioli dressing with my premium eat24 app.

I miss eat24 man, currently in canada and we have the ghetto version, JustEat.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 eNT1TY

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@eNT1TY said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@BassMan said:

Xbox One X...

"Premium Product"

I miss eat24 man, currently in canada and we have the ghetto version, JustEat.

Grubhub is actually pretty decent now too, not sure if that is an US only thing though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner

GrubSouth here. Selection in my area blows and it's way too pricey.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ConanTheStoner

@eNT1TY said:

Grubhub is actually pretty decent now too, not sure if that is an US only thing though.

Yeah, Grubhub in ATL was legit.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cainetao11

@FLOPPAGE_50: It's like a podcaster said two weeks ago: The guy with Ferrari doesn't worry about the guys driving corvettes. If these PC guys are so far ahead why even bother? LOL ? because most people playing on PC aren't playing on these uber PCs in all probability. I have a gaming PC, I still own a Pro, X1X because I want to because it's my money hahahahahahaha