In the spirit of Halloween - what was the scariest experience you had while playing a game?

• 61 results
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

F.E.A.R. really made me jump the first time through.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Another scary experience I had while playing video games was in Zelda II: The Adventures of Link when a giant blob-like creature suddenly fell above me in the final fortress in the game. That creature took me by surprise!

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Having my mom bust me playing RPM racing on SNES at 3:00 in the morning on a school night.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Original re1 on the playstation was an amazing experience, nothing else was like it at the time.

More recently Slender the 8 pages is an experience that always gets my heart racing and sometimes results in headphones getting flung across then room.

Outlast got me good a few times as well.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

The Suffering PS2

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

That time I was playing games at 2am and someone banged on my door. On my own, middle of night. Went to the door, no one there. Just to be clear, I don't believe in ghosts, I think someone was messing around at that time. or...checking who was in.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

I think it was Penumbra Black Plague but it might have been amnesia, I just have a recollection of hiding in a room with a monster bashing down the door and being scared shitless

Was it like a werewolf type creature? I vaguely remember something like that happening.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

The Affected series on Oculus Rift....the different scenarios would scare the piss out of me......

It's not really a "true" game as all you do is walk thru different places (a haunted manor, hospital, carnival etc) using a controller. In VR with the 3d sound all around you it literally makes your heart pound and I was sweating. We hosted a small get together one night and I had my neighbors try it. They had never heard/or tried VR before and half them refused to even do it after watching the reactions of those who did.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#59 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I think it was Penumbra Black Plague but it might have been amnesia, I just have a recollection of hiding in a room with a monster bashing down the door and being scared shitless

Was it like a werewolf type creature? I vaguely remember something like that happening.

maybe, I think I was hiding behind/underneath a desk and just remember the bashing noises and not being sure if the monster would be able to get in, and then it did get in. don't really remember what it looked like

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Robbie23  Online
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

@with_teeth26:

They look like large alien creatures.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Resident Evil, mainly because I was young.

That first time the dogs crashed in through the window I nearly had heart attack.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

During night operations in STALKER: Call of Pripyat when I encountered a pack of snorks. Their initial growls made me jump.