In a last ditch effort, Sony resorts to INSANITY! "MS might release a PlayStation version of CoD withs bugs and errors."

• 61 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Sony is worried that Microsoft will sabotage Call of Duty for the PlayStation

Sony cites a specific hypothetical situation where Microsoft could release a Call of Duty game on PlayStation that has bugs and errors on the final level. Here’s Sony’s example in full:

"Microsoft might release a PlayStation version of Call of Duty where bugs and errors emerge only on the game’s final level or after later updates. Even if such degradations could be swiftly detected, any remedy would likely come too late, by which time the gaming community would have lost confidence in PlayStation as a go-to venue to play Call of Duty. Indeed, as Modern Warfare II attests, Call of Duty is most often purchased in just the first few weeks of release. If it became known that the game’s performance on PlayStation was worse than on Xbox,Call of Dutygamers could decide to switch to Xbox, for fear of playing their favourite game at a second-class or less competitive venue."

Sony is worried that Microsoft will sabotage Call of Duty for the PlayStation - The Verge

More lunatic Cow conspiracy theories. These people have gone absolutely MAD from rage. A sort of...."Mad Cow Disease" if you will. This kind of clownish argument will never hold up.

Sony really scraping at the bottom of the barrel here. How absolutely pathetic. Lets all just come together to laugh at these demented crybabies,

Edit (3/11/2023):

It turns out they added even more craziness.

– raising the price of Call of Duty on PlayStation;

– degrading Call of Duty to ignore PlayStation-specific features (eg: better controller haptics)

– restricting, degrading, or not prioritizing investment in the multiplayer experience on PlayStation;

– making Call of Duty available only on Game Pass.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

If Microsoft actually did something like this, they would get sued for breaching contract.

Plus Minecraft on Sony consoles is just as good as any other platform. Microsoft will do same thing for Call of Duty.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

They should, Sony deserves worst.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zaryia

@mesome713 said:

They should, Sony deserves worst.

True. But still they won't, MS are the good guys.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

PlayStation dept will come up with anything to try to spoil it for MS to buy ABK.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lmao... Sony are just embarrassing themselves at this point. They've been pathetic through this whole thing.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

Sad Sony

Sad

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

Sad Sony

Sad

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

No wonder their fans are so insecure, they get it from their parent.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

Sad Sony

Sad

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 😂

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

MS should Trojan horse the Japanese version of Office365 and bring corporate Japan to its knees. Show them whose boss.

Because if you are gonna roll with crazy conspiracy shit you might as well go all in...

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

You won't get a cow here criticising Sony.even in this embarrassing, pathetic reason to stop the deal.... they'll wait for ms to do or say dumb shit and jump all over it. 🤣

Sony saps

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Wow. That’s some next level insanity.

What’s next, the CEO saying he doesn’t care if PlayStation gets COD, as long as Xbox’s deal doesn’t go through?

Oh wait.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Sounds like Sony are afraid of something that they would do themselves.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I'm not a fan of the buyout plan but this is a poor case to make from Sony.

First: if you are going to have bugs on purpose (are they really bugs then? :P) on a specific platform then have them close to the start so DF can rip the PS5 version to bits undermine the platform.

Second: it's not in MSs interest to have a crappy version of their game on the PS5. They want to sell gamepass subs (ideally on Playstation to Playstation users) so having a crappy version on the PS5 doesn't help that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 😂

For Jim Ryan's case. This is all or nothing😅

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Old news, reported days ago.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Suppose may as well throw anything out and see if it sticks at this point.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I had NO IDEA Sony was THIS fucking pathetic. :-(

THAT is embarrassing. "emerge only on the final level"?

Cows... Are you not embarrassed by this?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

Lmao 🤣 Go Jim!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

You should read what they actually said and what MS redacted from the contracts. There’s no guarantee that MS would allocate the right resources to make the PS version which could lead to buggier versions of the game. They could give it to some small underfunded studio that rushes out a port.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@Zero_epyon: So you agree with the conspiracy.🤦

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

This is what Sony actually said. Why do you immediately jump to assuming I'm agreeing with them? The contract is redacted so I can't tell if Sony is making a bigger deal about the language than it is. But MS redacted the important parts so I can't say I agree or not.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zero_epyon

For those not sure about what I'm talking about:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

This is what Sony actually said. Why do you immediately jump to assuming I'm agreeing with them? The contract is redacted so I can't tell if Sony is making a bigger deal about the language than it is. But MS redacted the important parts so I can't say I agree or not.

I may be wrong but this is what Sony is quoted as stating

"Microsoft might release a PlayStation version of Call of Dutywhere bugs and errors emerge only on the game’s final level or after later updates. Even if such degradations could be swiftly detected, any remedy would likely come too late, by which time the gaming community would have lost confidence in PlayStationas a go-to venue to playCall of Duty. Indeed, asModern Warfare IIattests,Call of Dutyis most often purchased in just the first few weeks of release. If it became known that the game’s performance on PlayStation was worse than on Xbox,Call of Dutygamers could decide to switch to Xbox, for fear of playing their favourite game at a second-class or less competitive venue."

And this is what you stated

There’s no guarantee that MS would allocate the right resources to make the PS version which could lead to buggier versions of the game. They could give it to some small underfunded studio that rushes out a port.

Does sound like "this is what Sony actually said" to me. Did I miss something in the OP and its link?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pedro

Just a reminder that outside of this new outcry, Sony is arguing that it is unfair for MS to REMOVE games from their platform because it would make their platform less competitive. Let that argument sink in for a moment.😎

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

I may be wrong but this is what Sony is quoted as stating

"Microsoft might release a PlayStation version of Call of Dutywhere bugs and errors emerge only on the game’s final level or after later updates. Even if such degradations could be swiftly detected, any remedy would likely come too late, by which time the gaming community would have lost confidence in PlayStationas a go-to venue to playCall of Duty. Indeed, asModern Warfare IIattests,Call of Dutyis most often purchased in just the first few weeks of release. If it became known that the game’s performance on PlayStation was worse than on Xbox,Call of Dutygamers could decide to switch to Xbox, for fear of playing their favourite game at a second-class or less competitive venue."

And this is what you stated

There’s no guarantee that MS would allocate the right resources to make the PS version which could lead to buggier versions of the game. They could give it to some small underfunded studio that rushes out a port.

Does sound like "this is what Sony actually said" to me. Did I miss something in the OP and its link?

Cool. These are the first four points Sony makes before that paragraph:

a) As the PFs recognise, Microsoft could deploy multiple strategies to fully or partially foreclosure access to Activision content. In relation to Call of Duty, SIE has also explained that, in addition to withholding access to existing or future Call of Duty titles, Microsoft could adopt one or several partial foreclosure strategies to impair PlayStation’s competitiveness. These strategies could include:

– degrading the quality and performance of Call of Duty on PlayStation compared to Xbox;

– degrading Call of Duty to ignore PlayStation-specific features (eg: better controller haptics) or not prioritsing investment in such features;

– restricting, degrading, or not prioritising investment in the multiplayer experience on PlayStation; or

– making Call of Duty available on MGS only on Game Pass.

b) Today, Activision is incentivised to reach an agreement with SIE to distribute Call of Duty. Post-Transaction, the merged entity would benefit from a failure to distribute Call of Duty on PlayStation. This dramatically improves the merged entity’s bargaining position and would allow Microsoft to obtain a higher revenue share for its content than would be achieved on the merits with an independent Activision.

c) Post-Transaction, Microsoft will need to make choices about the support it will provide to develop any PlayStation version of Call of Duty. Even if Microsoft operated in good faith, it would be incentivised to support and prioritise development of the Xbox version of the game, such as by using its best engineers and more of its resources. There would be no practical way for the CMA (or SIE) to monitor how Microsoft chooses to allocate its resources and the quality/quantity of engineers it devotes to the PlayStation version of Call of Duty, to ensure that SIE would be treated fairly and equally.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@Zero_epyon: Thanks but which part addresses the bold?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zero_epyon
@Pedro said:

@Zero_epyon: Thanks but which part addresses the bold?

Here in point 26

Sony seems to believe that the contract leaves MS wiggle room to degrade performance and allow bugs to exist on PS versions. MS asked to redact the portions that Sony objects to.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

What are regulators meant to do with this anyway?

Are Sony negotiating in public? MS will just come back and say "we've added a performance parity clause".

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@HalcyonScarlet said:

What are regulators meant to do with this anyway?

Are Sony negotiating in public? MS will just come back and say "we've added a performance parity clause".

They're not. They're making their case to the CMA and the docs went public via the CMA.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@Zero_epyon: From your link

I am not seeing claims being made about lack of resources leading to the PS5 version being buggier and Microsoft potentially giving it to a small underfunded studio that would rush the port.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

@Zero_epyon: From your link

I am not seeing claims being made about lack of resources leading to the PS5 version being buggier and Microsoft potentially giving it to a small underfunded studio that would rush the port.

Because they're redacted but it's in Scope to deviate. "And given that Microsoft would be incentivised to not invest in the performance of Call of Duty on Playstation, as a weakened PlayStation ould provoke switching to Xbox, [redacted] is effectively meaningless."

Based on whatever MS redacted here, Sony claims it gives them space to not invest as much in PS versions of Call of Duty. And that they have incentives to do it. But without seeing the redacted info, it's hard to tell if Sony is overreacting or if they have valid concerns.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

This is a shameful display, even for Sony.

How is MS First Party games on the Switch? Last time I checked, they tend to be rock solid.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

Because they're redacted but it's in Scope to deviate. "And given that Microsoft would be incentivised to not invest in the performance of Call of Duty on Playstation, as a weakened PlayStation ould provoke switching to Xbox, [redacted] is effectively meaningless."

Based on whatever MS redacted here, Sony claims it gives them space to not invest as much in PS versions of Call of Duty. And that they have incentives to do it. But without seeing the redacted info, it's hard to tell if Sony is overreacting or if they have valid concerns.

"This is what Sony actually said."

You claimed you actually stated what Sony said but they never said anything about MS outsourcing the port of a game to an underfunded studio that will rush the port. Those are your additions. Those additions are pushing the narrative which is a very common and clear sign of agreement.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

I wonder where Sony got the idea the Microsoft would release a game that didn't perform as well on different platforms

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

I don’t why fanboys Cherry pick information when we don’t know crap. I wish they would release the full contract from MS and Sonys concerns about MS and ABK. MS says 10 year contract to make themselves look good but we really don’t know what exactly is in the contract

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@tdkmillsy said:

I wonder where Sony got the idea the Microsoft would release a game that didn't perform as well on different platforms

The conspiracy theory would be that they may have participated in such practices. 😮

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@gotgames said:

I don’t why fanboys Cherry pick information when we don’t know crap. I wish they would release the full contract from MS and Sonys concerns about MS and ABK. MS says 10 year contract to make themselves look good but we really don’t know what exactly is in the contract

We do know that Sony is requesting adequate protection for full and equal access to a game. Isn't that ironically interesting?😎

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gotgames

@Pedro: we don’t know crap, all i know Sony dose not want the ABK deal to happen and MS wants the deal to happen. They should release the contract and Sonys concerns and we can read it ourselves, i would not waste my time on it reading it

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@gotgames said:

@Pedro: we don’t know crap, all i know Sony dose not want the ABK deal to happen and MS wants the deal to happen. They should release the contract and Sonys concerns and we can read it ourselves, i would not waste my time on it reading it

I literally told you what we do know, (We do know that Sony is requesting adequate protection for full and equal access to a game.) and your defense is "we" don't know crap?🤔

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zaryia
@Litchie said:

Yup this is just projection lmao.

@Zero_epyon said:

@Pedrosaid:

– degrading the quality and performance of Call of Duty on PlayStation compared to Xbox;

– degrading Call of Duty to ignore PlayStation-specific features (eg: better controller haptics) or not prioritsing investment in such features;

– restricting, degrading, or not prioritising investment in the multiplayer experience on PlayStation; or

You were supposed to defend Sony, not make them look even more insane by adding 4 more BATSHIT conspiracy theories....

Thanks I'll edit my OP to include some of that stuff. Sony truly is throwing shit at the wall at this point. Utterly sad and struggling in some pathetic last ditch effort.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SargentD
@Litchie said:

Facts lol

This definitely sounds like someone bring up concern because well...

"That's what we would do".

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Sony really gone off the deep end. I'm loving this, it's almost like a comedy show. Keep it coming Jim cryan/ Sony.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gotgames

@Pedro: yeah we don’t know crap 💩

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45102 Posts

Fake sensationalism 🤣

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zero_epyon

@zaryia said:
@Litchie said:

Yup this is just projection lmao.

@Zero_epyon said:

@Pedrosaid:

You were supposed to defend Sony, not make them look even more insane by adding 4 more BATSHIT conspiracy theories....

Thanks I'll edit my OP to include some of that stuff. Sony truly is throwing shit at the wall at this point. Utterly sad and struggling in some pathetic last ditch effort.

Who said I was trying to defend Sony?