I'm calling it now, Cyberpunk 2077 will be Graphics King on PC!

• 96 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

And with the help of Raytracing of course. CDPR has taking a liking into Nvidia's RT technology and it this is great news, RT is finally showing more support and CDPR are really pushing Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best it can be. (But on PC of course) It's no secret I been hype since last year's gameplay demo was release and can't wait to play it in RT!!!

For Cyberpunk 2077, we’ve [Nvidia] partnered with CD PROJEKT RED as an official technology partner to bring real-time raytracing to the game.

“Raytracing allows us to realistically portray how light behaves in a crowded urban environment,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “Thanks to this technology, we can add another layer of depth and verticality to the already impressive megacity the game takes place in.”

The demo is not yet available to view online, but below you can view the world’s first ray-traced PC screenshots, exemplifying the incredible level of detail you’ll find in Cyberpunk 2077 coming April 16, 2020.

CDPR with Nvidia RT support

RT on Screenshots:

(Normally I don't do Graphics King but since I'm hype for Cyberpunk 2077, I'll make this an exception)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

If by PC you really mean Super Mighty Xbox Anaconda then I wholeheartedly agree. :P

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

That doesn't look any better or worst than any other quality game I've seen; though I do like the art direction, it's similar to Deus Ex with lots of neon. I don't think graphics king matters anymore, give me gameplay king. Uncharted and Crysis were hailed as graphics king and both franchises were boring as sin but pretty to look at. To me, that's a waste of time.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@davillain-: lol there is no such thing as "PC" graphics king. For PC there is only a configuration king if at all.

Stop trying to claim "PC" as if it's a one size fit's all terminology.

We know all console units have the exact same power and graphical output, that's not the case for PC so your individual graphics are only measured by your configuration.

With that said, What are YOUR specs @davillain-?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

I knew Mr. BoxRekt would come into this thread. You made it too easy my friend ;)

Edit: To answer the question. My Specs: Ryzen 2700X/RTX 2070/16GB Ram/1TB SSD.

I'll be upgrading my CPU to 3900X if the reviews turnout to be true and if not, it's i9 9900K for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

If you're just talking pure realism in terms of aesthetics, it is, and generally always has been a flight or car simulator.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

That's if they don't downgrade the graphics for console parity like they did with the Witcher 3 I wouldn't get to excited yet.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11623 Posts

It more than likely will be. Not to mention the mods that will come.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BoxRekt
@davillain- said:

I knew Mr. BoxRekt would come into this thread. You made it too easy my friend ;)

I'll be upgrading my CPU to 3900X if the reviews turnout to be true and if not, it's i9 9900K for me.

Yeah, your PC definitely wont be graphics king with that lol sorry.

Next gen consoles will easily out do your rig.

Best you can hope for is get 4k 50 - 60fps high settings with that.

Don't even bother with raytracing or you're going to be dipping far below PS5's level of performance. All versions of Cyberpunk for next gen consoles will be HIGHLY optimized for ray-tracing, performance and graphics.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@boxrekt said:

@davillain-: lol there is no such thing as "PC" graphics king. For PC there is only a configuration king if at all.

We know all console units have the exact same power and graphical output, that's not the case for PC so your individual graphics are only measured by your configuration.

This is troll bait.

On SW when we talk about PC we're talking about a high end rig unless the thread states otherwise or is concerned about multiple hardware setups. Just like GS (and most other sites) Reviews do without having to say it - because it's a gaming site and they aren't going to use Grandma's Dell.

Take your 3rd place like a man, Cow.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoxRekt
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

This is troll bait.

On SW when we talk about PC we're talking about a high end rig. Just like GS (and most other sites) Reviews do without having to say it.

And yet, the TC doesn't have a "high end rig"!

That's the problem with the entire argument. Even saying "High end" is a generic term that isn't really specified.

If it's not be biggest and the baddest current PC set up you can't get then, according to hermits, you're outdated. So is the RTX 2070 high end now? What about the 2060 is that almost high end?

Like I said, for PC, only your configuration determines if you have the capability to suggest the game you're playing is a graphics king.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: You'll be lucky if PS5 matches a 2070 in performance. You're the most uneducated person around when it comes to hardware.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: You'll be lucky if PS5 matches a 2070 in performance. You're the most uneducated person around when it comes to hardware.

Sticks and stones muppet.

You're uneducated when it comes to actually making a rational argument. Come back when you're able to do more than just fling poo in a discussion dunce.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us 2 in one year. How am I supposed to choose a GOTY?

I'm ready to max Cyberpunk out! :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

I'm going through The Witcher 3 at the moment to prepare for this masterpiece.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: All you do is fling poo. Enjoy that 5700XT equivalent.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

This is troll bait.

On SW when we talk about PC we're talking about a high end rig. Just like GS (and most other sites) Reviews do without having to say it.

That's the problem with the entire argument. Even saying "High end" is a generic term that isn't really specified.

If it's not be biggest and the baddest current PC set up you can't get then, according to hermits, you're outdated. So is the RTX 2070 high end now? What about the 2060 is that almost high end?

Like I said, for PC, only your configuration determines if you have the capability to suggest the game you're playing is a graphics king.

RTX 2070 is the lower end of high end. RTX 2060 is top of mainstream. The game releases in a year, you can forget about it being highly optimized for PS5.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Of course it will be, much like how Exodus with ray tracing destroys anything on console graphically. This is why you don't see the Sony fanboys creating graphics king threads anymore, simply due to how much technical graphics ray tracing adds.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaryia
@XVision84 said:

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us 2 in one year.

The one that isn't a movie game for non gamers lol.

I have my bets on Cyberpunk and Balders Gate III. Maybe Vampire BL2 if that shapes up nicely.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

This is troll bait.

That doesn't stop a certain game from being the GFX KING on PC.

You're not making any sense.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2585 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree, when it was first announced i instantly thought this will be the crysis of this time.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoxRekt
@horgen said:
@boxrekt said:

RTX 2070 is the lower end of high end. RTX 2060 is top of mainstream. The game releases in a year, you can forget about it being highly optimized for PS5.

That doesn't make any sense.

lol tell me why you think that?

You didn't know that was/is being made in conjunction with next gen systems and that CD Project Red already have PS5 dev kits?

Did you not get the memo when they announced Cyberpunk2077 that they said it was being developed as a cross generation game? Meaning they're optimized for next gen systems at a development level from the jump and no patch stuff?

CD Projekt Red Hints 'Cyberpunk 2077' Will Be A Cross-Gen Release

Sony and Microsoft haven't kept CD Projekt Red in the loop about their plans for next-gen, or Kicisnki is trying to say as much as he can without outright confirming anything. Who knows. It is worth pointing out though that this isn't the first time the game has been teased for next-gen systems. During last year's financial call in March, it was mentionedthe game was being bult on next-gen technology, suggesting it was PS5 and Xbox Scarlett bound.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/29/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-cross-gen-cd-projekt-red/

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

2070 is not enough the 60 fps with RT, these are facts.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@boxrekt: sooo no release date for ps5, April release date for CP and yet you try to claim graphic king for ps5 looool... also if your mighty ps5 can get a stable 4K/60 on all games you should be more than happy... most likely you will have to make do with your usual 30fps... looool looool lool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@DragonfireXZ95: I was actually really disappointed with how exodus looked. I don't know if it uses TAA but there is a blurriness to it that really takes away from its visual fidelity imo.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

All I know is that I’ll be enjoying Cyberpunk on my PC and maybe PS5 and I’ll also be enjoying TLOU2 on my PS5. It’s gonna be a great year for PS5 gamers with 2 GOTY caliber gamers releasing on their system of choice. I don’t know which one to nominate as GOTY because both will be amazing.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Graphics king is based on artistic direction. Thus a graphics king should be king on all platforms, unless they really **** up the settings on the different platforms.

And any multi-platform game will have the opportunity to look best on PC.

CDPR games usually scale very well across a wide range of hardware so I doubt they will have trouble making it look great everywhere.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoxRekt
@Random_Matt said:

Thank you!

These PC fanboys are here acting like simply owning a PC makes them smart or something when they're coming out left field with the most mindnumbingly dumb arguments.

Cyberpunk is being DESIGNED with next gen console specs in mind, with tech that isn't even on the market for these PC guys to even have right now.

I have no doubt next gen consoles are going to have versions of CP so optimized that it will take to the top of line PC's to match in performance. PC's are GENERIC! Consoles are specified! Consoles get specific optimization that can't be duplicated on PC with the same power.

Even if you have a PC with similar technical performance to next gen consoles you'll be lucky to get the same performance of a game that's been highly optimized to that system. That's reality.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fedor

@boxrekt: By 2021 when ps5 releases there will already be Navi refresh and Nvidia Amphere on PC. Consoles will be far behind, deal with it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@XVision84 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I was actually really disappointed with how exodus looked. I don't know if it uses TAA but there is a blurriness to it that really takes away from its visual fidelity imo.

Try using Nvidia Freestyle filters. The "Detail" setting fixes the blurriness.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: By 2021 when ps5 releases there will already be Navi refresh and Nvidia Amphere on PC. Consoles will be far behind, deal with it.

Sure, I can accept that.

Can you accept that the benefits of that superior hardware will be minimal at best due to diminishing returns?

PC's this gen are 10x the power of current consoles out right now, yet still we have Death Standing built for that weak ass 1.84 TF jaguar core system that rivals virtually any game you can name on PC graphically.

You can choose to disagree, but you'd point yourself out as a blind fanboy if you did.

My point is, having a more powerful system isn't always going to net you the most graphically impressive game, it's how that power is utilized in the development of a specific game.

Games aren't optimized for high end PC at the moment, if they were there would be no argument about the benefit of PC in terms of GRAPHICS, that's why the major bragging rights of PC gamers is framerate and resolution...simple BUFFS to the underlaying 2013 console developed titles in question but the base graphics are virtually the same.

For PC guys like you arguing with multiplats as your crutch, it's going to be even more difficult to make your arguments next gen because not only will the underlying graphics, but also the framerate and resolution will be on par with PC.

Whatever graphics benefit you get by out doing next gen consoles in power is going to go virtually unnoticeable in actual application. Deal with it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24979 Posts

Definitely looks very impressive.

sci fi cyberpunk is one of the best setting.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt:

Fact: Amphere and Navi refresh will be here before next gen.

Fact: Non exclusive titles won't prioritize 1 platform.

Fact: Consoles will be mid range in performance by the time they are released.

Fact: All the DS trailers have been on a Pro. The gameplay graphics didn't look mind blowing at all.

Fact: PC optimization is better than its ever been and only getting better.

Fact: AMD can't currently surpass a 2080 with a $750 GPU that has more raw power than what will be in PS5.

Fact: You're a cow with 0 knowledge of hardware or game development.

Fact: You can't deal with it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

Sticks and stones muppet.

You're uneducated when it comes to actually making a rational argument. Come back when you're able to do more than just fling poo in a discussion dunce.

boxrekt continues to be a worthless, belligerent troll

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt:

Fact: Amphere and Navi refresh will be here before next gen.

Fact: Non exclusive titles won't prioritize 1 platform.

Fact: Consoles will be mid range in performance by the time they are released.

Fact: All the DS trailers have been on a Pro. The gameplay graphics didn't look mind blowing at all.

Fact: PC optimization is better than its ever been and only getting better.

Fact: AMD can't currently surpass a 2080 with a $750 GPU that has more raw power than what will be in PS5.

Fact: You're a cow with 0 knowledge of hardware or game development.

Fact: You can't deal with it.

FACT: Star Citizen was the game PC fanboys hyped for years for graphics and the cash grab never fully released and has already been surpassed in graphics by a next gen console multiplat Cyberpunk 2077.

FACT: Sony and MS don't pay retail prices for components you know nothing PC boy.

FACT: Sony co-developed PS5's implementation of Navi.

FACT: You don't know what performance next gen consoles will deliver because the tech isn't even out yet.

FACT: PS4 exclusives have been rekting your hyped multiplat PC games in graphics awards for 3 years in a row now. PS5 will continue the trend in an even more devistating fashion with PC fanboys loosing the framerate and resolution deflection narrative.

FACT: You're insecure PC fanboy with 0 knowledge about console development.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt:

1. LOL!!! bringing up SC. Only CP 2077 footage we have seen is on a high end PC.

2. They still pay, AMD isn't a charity. You know nothing.

3. PR nonsense. Gullible is your middle name. Sony had some input on their new console, what a revelation...

4. I know what tech AMD is capable of. Enjoy that 5700XT equivalent.

5. It's lose*, not loose. Learn to spell. Everything else you said is subjective.

6. I know more than you.

Fact: You've been violently refuted, muppet.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt:

1. LOL!!! bringing up SC. Only CP 2077 footage we have seen is on a high end PC.

2. They still pay, AMD isn't a charity. You know nothing.

3. PR nonsense. Gullible is your middle name. Sony had some input on their new console, what a revelation...

4. I know what tech AMD is capable of. Enjoy that 5700XT equivalent.

5. It's lose*, not loose. Learn to spell. Everything else you said is subjective.

6. I know more than you.

Fact: You've been violently refuted, muppet.

1. LOL you don't know what CP 2077 was running on clown...tell me the exact specs? Thought so! Next

2. I never said they didn't pay dimwit, if you aren't intelligent to figure out they contract special buck pricing for console providers you're even more clueless that I first thought.

3. AMD came out and confirmed that Sony worked with them on the tech, there is literally no reason for them to lie. You're literally making shit up in your head that you want to believe. Forget being gullible, you're a moron.

4. You're not a technician at AMD, you're just a clueless PC fanboy talking out his ass on a video game board. You are proving you don't know anything.

5. Your bias opinion may be subjective, but it's a fact that PS4 exclusives won the majority technical graphics awards for the past 3 years backed up by Digital Foundry among others technical graphics analysts. Deal with it!

6. You absolutely know how to talk out your ass, if that's what you mean by knowing more than me then I guess.

Fact: You're still an insecure dork that feels he need to brag about being a PC know it all to validate his life worth.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: Insecure? Bro, you're in here dreaming unrealistic nonsense. It's just sad watching you flail hyperbole about. You've been rekt, son.

Tilted little boy.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Well it is certainly aesthetically on point but I would say it's graphically spectacular.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

Don't even bother with raytracing or you're going to be dipping far below PS5's level of performance. All versions of Cyberpunk for next gen consoles will be HIGHLY optimized for ray-tracing, performance and graphics.

I should have mention that I don't game in 4K. My primary resolution is 1440p and it's the best resolution for perfect balance between graphics & better framerates.

*Best you can hope for is get 4k 50 - 60fps high settings with that*

Not 4K, but my RTX 2070 has no problems with RT on in Metro Exodus & Battlefield V, I average around 75fps/80fps with high max settings in all 2 at 1440p. PS5 specs hasn't been finalized but I wager it'll be around RTX 2060 level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@DragonfireXZ95: I didn't know about that, I'll give it a try thanks!

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BoxRekt
@davillain- said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

I should have mention that I don't game in 4K. My primary resolution is 1440p and it's the best resolution for perfect balance between graphics & better framerates.

Not 4K, but my RTX 2070 has no problems with RT on in Metro Exodus & Battlefield V, I average around 75fps/80fps with high max settings in all 2 at 1440p. PS5 specs hasn't been finalized but I wager it'll be around RTX 2060 level.

lol well that's definitely a low ball for next gen consoles if I ever saw one. Isn't the RTX 2060 around 7teraflops?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's already been confirmed that both PS5 and the next xbox will be more powerful than (10.7TF) Google Stadia so that low ball prediction is already dead in the water.

PS5, Next-Gen Xbox Will Be More Powerful Than Google Stadia, Says Dev

At GDC 2019, Google confirmed the Google Stadia specswhich at 10.7 teraflops, which makes the game streaming technology more powerful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X put together. However, while Stadia can easily beat this generation of consoles, new comments suggest that next-generation systems will outpace it.

Schreiber also said that the PS5 and the next-generation Xbox will have better specs than Stadia “by far.” The 3D Realms developer revealed that the team expects the next-generation of consoles to be “easier to develop for” and they will provide a “much needed overall boost in performance.”

https://gamerant.com/ps5-xbox-2-specs-powerful-than-google-stadia/

Next gen consoles beat Google Stadia which is 10.7TF, "BY FAR"! This is a DEVELOPER reporting this btw so;

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator

@boxrekt said:

That doesn't make any sense.

lol tell me why you think that?

You didn't know that was/is being made in conjunction with next gen systems and that CD Project Red already have PS5 dev kits?

Did you not get the memo when they announced Cyberpunk2077 that they said it was being developed as a cross generation game? Meaning they're optimized for next gen systems at a development level from the jump and no patch stuff?

CD Projekt Red Hints 'Cyberpunk 2077' Will Be A Cross-Gen Release

Sony and Microsoft haven't kept CD Projekt Red in the loop about their plans for next-gen, or Kicisnki is trying to say as much as he can without outright confirming anything. Who knows. It is worth pointing out though that this isn't the first time the game has been teased for next-gen systems. During last year's financial call in March, it was mentionedthe game was being bult on next-gen technology, suggesting it was PS5 and Xbox Scarlett bound.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/29/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-cross-gen-cd-projekt-red/

First gen games on a new system are hardly well optimized.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BoxRekt

@horgen: Ok, you have a point with that.

I'm saying the game is being developed to utilize the capability of next gen systems and since consoles are closed boxes they should be, relatively speaking compared to PC, well optimized.

I do realize that optimization gets way better as the generation progresses, I'm saying for Cyberpunk2077 as a first generation, next gen title it will be optimized highly for consoles, not the most optimized the consoles could possibly be.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@boxrekt said:

@horgen: Ok, you have a point with that.

I'm saying the game is being developed to utilize the capability of next gen systems and since consoles are closed boxes they should be, relatively speaking compared to PC, well optimized.

I do realize that optimization gets way better as the generation progresses, I'm saying for Cyberpunk2077 as a first generation, next gen title it will be optimized highly for consoles, not the most optimized the consoles could possibly be.

I still have my doubts. Developing for 4 closed systems and one open one. Time will tell.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Ray Tracing is a settings option.

I played through Metro Exodus on a RTX 2070 at 1440p and got 50-70FPS with Ray tracing.

You guys act like PC has to max out not only the game and ray tracing features to matter or look better?...

Set ray tracing to medium and the game to high with no tesselation and the RTX 2070 plays Metro at 1440p with ease.

I played through the options in that game and ray tracing on medium with the game on high look drastically better than the game on extreme with no ray tracing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@davillain-: Well, bold prediction but let´s hope it´s better than the demo they showed because that was like watching 2001 graphics.

Also this thread

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

lol well that's definitely a low ball for next gen consoles if I ever saw one. Isn't the RTX 2060 around 7teraflops?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's already been confirmed that both PS5 and the next xbox will be more powerful than (10.7TF) Google Stadia so that low ball prediction is already dead in the water.

PS5, Next-Gen Xbox Will Be More Powerful Than Google Stadia, Says Dev

At GDC 2019, Google confirmed the Google Stadia specswhich at 10.7 teraflops, which makes the game streaming technology more powerful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X put together. However, while Stadia can easily beat this generation of consoles, new comments suggest that next-generation systems will outpace it.

Schreiber also said that the PS5 and the next-generation Xbox will have better specs than Stadia “by far.” The 3D Realms developer revealed that the team expects the next-generation of consoles to be “easier to develop for” and they will provide a “much needed overall boost in performance.”

https://gamerant.com/ps5-xbox-2-specs-powerful-than-google-stadia/

Next gen consoles beat Google Stadia which is 10.7TF, "BY FAR"! This is a DEVELOPER reporting this btw so;

This is why I laugh at console gamer's.

Navi's TFLOP counts are different to Vega.

That Vega 56 at 10.7TF is beaten by a Navi 5700 Pro that is at 7.85TF in performance.

The next console wont have a higher TFLOP count than Vega 56 but it doesn't matter because the IPC of Navi and clock speeds are superiour to Vega so a 8-9 TFLOP console using Navi will out perform even a Vega 64 which is at 12.5TFLOPS.

Then you mention Nvidia TFLOPS and laugh?... My god you console gamers f***ing dense.

You can't compare TFLOPS with different architectures. Navi is not vega and vega is not turing.

A 12.5 TFLOP Vega 64 gets destroyed by a RTX 2080 which is at 10TFLOPS

Next generation consoles won't have anything more power than the 5700 XT which is at 9.7TFLOPS and the TDP of that GPU is too high for consoles so they won't even be able to get 9TFLOPS from Navi on a 150w console GPU.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Random_Matt said:

Ray Tracing is a settings option.

I played through Metro Exodus on a RTX 2070 at 1440p and got 50-70FPS with Ray tracing.

You guys act like PC has to max out not only the game and ray tracing features to matter or look better?...

Set ray tracing to medium and the game to high with no tesselation and the RTX 2070 plays Metro at 1440p with ease.

I played through the options in that game and ray tracing on medium with the game on high look drastically better than the game on extreme with no ray tracing.

A) It's great you can get the FPS you are happy with.

B) I've looked at a lot of games with ray tracing, and they run terrible.

Cannot see a point in a feature where you have to sacrifice other things and vice versa, that's just me though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#50 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17837 Posts

What a game...