If your Fortnite account has ever logged in on a PS4, it cannot be used on Switch!

• 161 results
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Sony reaches new low. Not allowing crossplay is one thing. Holding accounts hostage is a completely new level of scumbag.

Meanwhile I just linked my Epic account that I used on my Xbox to my Switch, no problem.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Those poor 12 year olds, how will they get their fix on the go?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

wow. that seems crazy

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

You can unlink the PS4 from your epic account.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Hope that's a mistake because that is some BS

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

It’s pretty awesome my kids can play with each other on Fortnite. One on the Switch the other on Xbox ?? Good job MS and Nintendo

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Well that certainly seems like a really lame thing for them to do.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Oh well, guess I'll continue playing Fortnite on PS4 friends and random people. Not like this isn't my problem for those who can't play with other folks with different gaming systems.

Wanna play with those gamers, buy a PS4 or don't at all.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

That's fine. I have never logged into Fortnite on anything. The game is too ridiculous for my tastes. Douchebag move by Sony though.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Oh well.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Sony is so weird about this stuff.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

Just unlink the account from your PS4, it's not that hard.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Epic games: "Switch version will be able to cross play with Xbox One, PC, Mac, and mobile."

…...oh Sony get it together you are embarrassing yourself.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44563 Posts

Why does one even need a Fortnite account to begin with?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

This isn’t new, same thing happened if you tried to use it on the Xbox. Just unlink your account or start a new one.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts
@rafaelmsoares said:

Just unlink the account from your PS4, it's not that hard.

Shhh, let them keep hating.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rafaelmsoares

@mojito1988 said:

Epic games: "Switch version will be able to cross play with Xbox One, PC, Mac, and mobile."

…...oh Sony get it together you are embarrassing yourself.

The game has enough of a playerbase on PS4, enough for it not needing the other platforms so players can even find a match.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

#ForThePlayers

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Reminder: Isn't Nintendo supposed to be the conservative one, compared to Sony?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Oh, the horror!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Sony for the gamers.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

@rafaelmsoares: so just wondering. I have my fortnite account linked with pc and Xbox, but if I wanna use that same account on ps4 I can unlink my Xbox for a bit and viola? And when I want to go back to playing with my Xbox buddies I do vice versa?

Does the battle pass and skins carry over? This issue is the only thing holding me back from getting a battle pass.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rafaelmsoares

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@rafaelmsoares: so just wondering. I have my fortnite account linked with pc and Xbox, but if I wanna use that same account on ps4 I can unlink my Xbox for a bit and viola? And when I want to go back to playing with my Xbox buddies I do vice versa?

Does the battle pass and skins carry over? This issue is the only thing holding me back from getting a battle pass.

I have no idea if it works for migrating from other platforms to PS4, but players confirmed that you can migrate from PS4 to other platforms doing this.

About stuff carrying over: I have no idea.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

For gamers, by gamers. Thanks Sony.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

It's not Sony who tie the account.....it's EPIC and it can be removed......

Epic Sony bash thread is epic fail and TC owned him self and every one who mocked Sony also self-owned...Hahahahahaha

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

Sony is so weird about this stuff.

Kinda like MS last gen...

This is natural; whichever company has the largest online console userbase is generally going to keep people on their platform

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mazuiface

Xbots in this thread forgetting about when MS blocked crossplay in the Xbox 360 days.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts
@kuu2 said:

Sony for the gamers.

THEIR gamers, not the opposing ones.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

@rafaelmsoares: I am pretty sure it does carry over from what I read. I don't play the game but have to deal with it because my son is addicted to this game. He started playing first on the PS4 but all his friends have Xbox so he started playing on that. You can unlink your Epic account from a platform and move that way. What we did find out, if you did not create an Epic account before playing and had been earning/purchasing skins etc, Epic creates an "unknown" account for you. All your data is stored with Epic...progress, items etc and is not associated with your local systems account such as PSN or Live. You can create a new account but none of purchases will follow in this matter by migrating the "unknown" account to a names account and all is lost. He was pretty pissed about that! Lessons learned I guess.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

It's not Sony who tie the account.....it's EPIC and it can be removed......

Epic Sony bash thread is epic fail and TC owned him self and every one who mocked Sony also self-owned...Hahahahahaha

It seems an odd thing to implement, especially when they say Epic customer service are unable to fix the issue. If it were an issue for Epic, one would think that they would simply fix it.

Anyway, i'll wait to hear more to see whose issue it actually is.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

So has Sony said why they are keeping PS players from playing with other systems? Are they claiming security or what? This is not very "for the gamers" of them.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@scatteh316: source or are you just talking out of your ass as always?

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mobius_basic

I am going to have to retract my statement earlier saying it should work. Several gaming news articles have started popping up on my news feed stating that you WILL need to create a new account on the Switch. Unlinking your account WILL NOT fix the issue. So this goes back to and mimics the Epic created "unknown" accounts migrating to a new Epic named account and losing all purchases and progress.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xxyetixx

@mazuiface: for one fu*cking obscure mmo game. They didn’t allow crossolay with Sony that allowed their gamers to have free service and just came off a huge hacking incident. How long you cows gonna keep grasping at that straw?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

That E3 has really got the Lems confidence up. Haven't seen so many on the forum since Scorpio announcement. Wonder if they realize those were mostly all multiplats? Not sure why Sony would show the same games that MS showed the day before. Imagine if Sony went first and showed their exclusives and multiplats? Whoa, Xbox conference would be 5 minutes long. On topic: Do what others have said... Unlink PS account. Once Switch and Xbox One combined get close to the user base PS4 has, Sony may start allowing crossplay with certain games like this.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mobius_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

That E3 has really got the Lems confidence up. Haven't seen so many on the forum since Scorpio announcement. Wonder if they realize those were mostly all multiplats? Not sure why Sony would show the same games that MS showed the day before. Imagine if Sony went first and showed their exclusives and multiplats? Whoa, Xbox conference would be 5 minutes long. On topic: Do what others have said... Unlink PS account. Once Switch and Xbox One combined get close to the user base PS4 has, Sony may start allowing crossplay with certain games like this.

As reported on several articles (as well as folks doing this and confirming it not working on the Epic boards) unlinking your account from your PSN account does nothing. If you want to play on Switch you'll have to create a new account it seems.

Example: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/royale-with-cheese/425972-nintendo-switch-with-epic-account-issue

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mazuiface
@xxyetixx said:

@mazuiface: for one fu*cking obscure mmo game. They didn’t allow crossolay with Sony that allowed their gamers to have free service and just came off a huge hacking incident. How long you cows gonna keep grasping at that straw?

Lmao it wasn't just one game, but keep trying to rewrite history if that makes you happy. I'm also immensely entertained by the fact that you prescribe "you cows" to me for simply pointing out a fact. I guess that goes along with your attempt to rewrite history! The narrative must be that MS is always the good guy and Sony is always the bad guy, and pointing out where reality contradicts this narrative makes one a Sony fanboy.

Xbox fanboys... fucking lol

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ant_17

@mobius_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

As reported on several articles (as well as folks doing this and confirming it not working on the Epic boards) unlinking your account from your PSN account does nothing. If you want to play on Switch you'll have to create a new account it seems.

Example: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/royale-with-cheese/425972-nintendo-switch-with-epic-account-issue

So how is this Sonys fault? I get Epic blocking PSn accounts, since Sony doesn't want crossplay, but why keep blocking the account when you have unlinked it? Isn't that a flaw in Epics account system?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@iambatman7986 said:

So has Sony said why they are keeping PS players from playing with other systems? Are they claiming security or what? This is not very "for the gamers" of them.

to protect the children

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@mobius_basic: Oh ok... I've only played the game twice on my PS4. Hope they get a patch or something to let people take their stuff with them to Switch if that's where they want to play. Kind of odd though. I played FFXIV on PC, then bought it to play on PS4 and all my stuff and character carried over. Actually I had it on PS3 for a few weeks before PS4 and it worked. Wonder if this is a Sony issue or Epic? Anyone know if it's like this with Rocket League? Or any other crossplay game?(Or is fortnite not crossplay with PC from PS4?). Hope it gets solved.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ant_17

@joshrmeyer said:

@mobius_basic: Oh ok... I've only played the game twice on my PS4. Hope they get a patch or something to let people take their stuff with them to Switch if that's where they want to play. Kind of odd though. I played FFXIV on PC, then bought it to play on PS4 and all my stuff and character carried over. Actually I had it on PS3 for a few weeks before PS4 and it worked. Wonder if this is a Sony issue or Epic? Anyone know if it's like this with Rocket League? Or any other crossplay game?(Or is fortnite not crossplay with PC from PS4?). Hope it gets solved.

Every platform is a different account.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JoshRMeyer

@mazuiface: It was also blocked up until about a year or so ago on Xbox One. When lobbies are empty, they had to change their policy. Lems and their short memory.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JoshRMeyer

@Ant_17: Eh, this is why I stick with one system for 99% of my games.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony lost this year E3 in every way, better luck next year.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Who cares?

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mobius_basic
@Ant_17 said:
@mobius_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

So how is this Sonys fault? I get Epic blocking PSn accounts, since Sony doesn't want crossplay, but why keep blocking the account when you have unlinked it? Isn't that a flaw in Epics account system?

I never said it was Sony's fault in any of my posts on the topic.....*Shrugs shoulders. Not knowing what goes on behind the curtains but I would be more pressed to say this would be on Epic.....since they control the account management.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ant_17

@mobius_basic said:
@Ant_17 said:
@mobius_basic said:

I never said it was Sony's fault in any of my posts on the topic.....*Shrugs shoulders. Not knowing what goes on behind the curtains but I would be more pressed to say this would be on Epic.....since they control the account management.

Didn't mean you said it, the TC says it.

I think this is just Epic trying to make more money from the dumb kids from PS4, since they are a bigger group.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By xxyetixx

@mazuiface: maybe you need to go back and read it was an indie MMO game that started the cross play talks and MS shut it down and said no. Educate yourself before you attempt to inform

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sHaDyCuBe321

@Ant_17: even with unblinking it gives the same message.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sHaDyCuBe321

@Chutebox: @rafaelmsoares: Actually it gives the same message when you unlink your account.