If you could only have one modern console, which would it be?

• 101 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll If you could only have one modern console, which would it be? (82 votes)

Switch 22%
X Box Series X 26%
PS5 52%

If you could only have one of these options, what would you choose? Personally, I'd go with Switch for that platformer itch. Second choice would be X Box Series X, because it's all around the best console in terms of technical ability. PS5 doesn't offer me much personally because it's weaker than the X Box Series X, and I'm not into the exclusive content this generation.

What about you?

• 
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts

You forgot the Xbox Series S.

On Topic

I chose the ps5 due to it having more exclusives that I enjoy, while getting all of the multiplat games. Sure the games may look better but usually you won’t be able to tell the differences with them sitting dude by side unless you either are looking for it, or have it pointed out by someone who was looking for it. The only exclusives that MS have currently that I enjoyed in the past was Halo, Gears, Fable, and KI.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39177 Posts

Switch has 2004 hardware. Its not modern. Between the X and the PS5, the choice is easy. The PS5 destroys the X, and its not even fair to compare the two. HAVE YOU SEEN RAGNAROK? OMFG!!! Incredible game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44289 Posts

Xbox Series X would be my pick. Already have a huge library of Xbox games that I could play on it plus Game Pass is just such a fantastic deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@ermacness said:

You forgot the Xbox Series S.

My bad. I tend to forget about the S. Don't see the point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@hardwenzen said:

Switch has 2004 hardware. Its not modern. Between the X and the PS5, the choice is easy. The PS5 destroys the X, and its not even fair to compare the two. HAVE YOU SEEN RAGNAROK? OMFG!!! Incredible game.

I don't really like the GoW series, so...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

Switch. I have to have one to play Nintendo games online.

I also have a PC, which makes the other two consoles completely useless.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

why didn't you include xbox series S? A fantastic console.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Nuff said!! lol :P

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

PS5.

I have the switch and don't use it, and everything on Xbox I can get on steam day one. PS5 exclusives, you have to wait for at the moment, so until that changes, I guess that goes in its "favor."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Renegade_Fury said:

PS5.

I have the switch and don't use it, and everything on Xbox I can get on steam day one. PS5 exclusives, you have to wait for at the moment, so until that changes, I guess that goes in its "favor."

I have a PC too. I should probably have stated that this was if you couldn't have a PC, only a console. Still, though, even with a PC sometimes I just want to game on a console, and since PS5 exclusives don't really do it for me this time around, the Series X seems like the best option in terms of performance.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

PS5. I prefer the library and controller. They're all good choices, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@shellcase86 said:

PS5. I prefer the library and controller. They're all good choices, though.

Ah, yeah, the controller is great, and totally demolishes the Series X option in that regard. Personally I use a Dualsense on my PC. It's the best controller ever made in my opinion, easily.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

Switch because I can take it with me without the need of a television, and not having to carry that brick of a machine that is the PS5. I don't have a lot of Switch games I enjoy, but the few I do last me forever.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

Steam Deck.

But since that isnt an option, Switch.

MS and Sony are porting their games on PC anyways. And with Sony, the only game I would miss would be Bloodborne anyways. I got no compatability with the PS anymore.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

PS5... Everything on Xbox is also on my PC. Not much point in having both. I've only enjoyed 2 games on my Switch so far. I could live without it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

If i get to have a gaming PC too in this scenario then the switch. The 2 platforms compliment each other very well.

If i cant have a PC then probably a PS5, based on current output at least. But i would miss elder scrolls and starfield.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3078 Posts

Probably this. It's mobile, light weight, and you can change the batteries. What's not to love?!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Switch... love the hybrid design and it has the best games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@dimebag667 said:

Probably this. It's mobile, light weight, and you can change the batteries. What's not to love?!

Damn that brings back memories. This was one of my favs way back when. Played the *hell* out of this thing lol.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@joshrmeyer: every thing on ps5 is also on ps4, and nowadays on the pc too. Ooff

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

Xbox for the exclusives and the 12.155 TF's, Xbox Live and friends/family are all on Xbox.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@joshrmeyer: every thing on ps5 is also on ps4, and nowadays on the pc too. Ooff

Oof....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:

Xbox for the exclusives and the 12.155 TF's, Xbox Live and friends/family are all on Xbox.

Those exclusives are on PC too, so....but yeah, agree with on the power aspect. I game primarily on PC but if I were to game on console it would be on the Series X based on performance alone.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dimebag667

@nod_calypse: Not gonna lie... that looks pretty badass. It's the same cover as the NES game, right? I would probably soccer kick a baby in the face for a fresh box of these. My favorite cereal of all time!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@dimebag667: Yeah that's the NES cover. Speaking of that first TMNT NES game, effing hell did I play that to death. That damn underwater level still gives me nightmares.

And I ate that cereal back in the day. Those marshmallows were bomb. This stuff was great too:

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Already made that choice, it's the Switch. For all my other gaming needs I have my PC and Steam Deck.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9864 Posts

To me Sony has the best lineup of exclusives so a ps5 is the obvious choice.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Steam Deck.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Those exclusives are on PC too, so....but yeah, agree with on the power aspect. I game primarily on PC but if I were to game on console it would be on the Series X based on performance alone.

Well yeah, all Xbox/PS games are going to PC. I prefer console though, so I will stick with PS/Xbox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Well yeah, all Xbox/PS games are going to PC. I prefer console though, so I will stick with PS/Xbox.

Nah, there are still PS games that are only on PS. I suspect it will stay that way for some titles, especially when PSVR2 comes out, whereas all Xbox titles basically go straight to PC. Still, if you game on PC and don't particularly care for PS exclusives then Series X is a solid option if you like sometimes to game on console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@uninspiredcup said:

Steam Deck.

Still have to get one of these. How's the battery life?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Nah, there are still PS games that are only on PS. I suspect it will stay that way for some titles, especially when PSVR2 comes out, whereas all Xbox titles basically go straight to PC. Still, if you game on PC and don't particularly care for PS exclusives then Series X is a solid option if you like sometimes to game on console.

Nah, Sony's goal is to put all their games on PC, and they have begun the conversion already. I am glad they are announcing their PC releases along side the games now too, like they did with The Last of Us Part 1, with PC version "coming very soon". TLOU2 Factions, day and date with PC. Sony is smart going all in on PC. Which is great news for gamers. So with Xbox/PS putting all their games on PC, it really is a win win for PC gamers as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

@nod_calypse: Bad.

But that's ok, I wouldn't use an expensive console around council estate scum.

In the socket it goes.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@hardwenzen: Everybody’s seen Ragnarok. It’s been around since 2018.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Everybody’s seen Ragnarok. It’s been around since 2018.

You're not installing it like i do. You're a fake gamer. Don't talk to me, fake gamer😎

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dimebag667

@nod_calypse: I was so proud that I could beat the dam as a kid, but it still haunts me. It's weird how I can almost taste those cereals. Great stuff 👍

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Nah, Sony's goal is to put all their games on PC, and they have begun the conversion already. I am glad they are announcing their PC releases along side the games now too, like they did with The Last of Us Part 1, with PC version "coming very soon". TLOU2 Factions, day and date with PC. Sony is smart going all in on PC. Which is great news for gamers. So with Xbox/PS putting all their games on PC, it really is a win win for PC gamers as well.

Believe it when I see it. As of now, there are PS games that aren't on PC. Just the way it is.

Of course, putting all their games on PC would be great for PC gamers. But personally I probably still wouldn't play most of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@uninspiredcup said:

@nod_calypse: Bad.

But that's ok, I wouldn't use an expensive console around council estate scum.

In the socket it goes.

Not surprising. Battery life is always the killer. Still want one tho.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@hardwenzen: lol. Says the guy who is buying his first Sony game since Returnal.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Believe it when I see it. As of now, there are PS games that aren't on PC. Just the way it is.

Of course, putting all their games on PC would be great for PC gamers. But personally I probably still wouldn't play most of them.

Well, yes of course. There are also Xbox games that are not on PC. I am talking about going forward and their plans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Well, yes of course. There are also Xbox games that are not on PC. I am talking about going forward and their plans.

Bloodborne is a glaring example.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: lol. Says the guy who is buying his first Sony game since Returnal.

Don't talk to me fake gamer. I can't take you seriously anymore. Normal people play Ragnarok.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

I already have a PC which lets me play all the games I would want to play on PS5 and Series X so Switch is the natural choice to make sure I can play the most game and not find myself without access to anything.

Any other choice is just fanboyism.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

But you can play Bloodborne on PC with PS Plus. I think people need to get over From's Bloodborne. Sony and From are over it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

But you can play Bloodborne on PC with PS Plus. I think people need to get over From's Bloodborne. Sony and From are over it.

Uh yeah, sure. That doesn't change the fact they haven't brought it officially over to PC, among other games. Not saying they won't, but it is the state of things atm.

And why get over Bloodborne? It's an amazing game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@kejigoto said:

I already have a PC which lets me play all the games I would want to play on PS5 and Series X so Switch is the natural choice to make sure I can play the most game and not find myself without access to anything.

Any other choice is just fanboyism.

Agree, pretty much.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: That's odd to say. I wouldn't have just bought a PS5 if everything now a days was on PC. I also wouldn't have bought a Switch a few months back. Exclusives still exists, except on Xbox. Nothing wrong with that, just gives me no reason to buy one. Enjoy yours... It was more than half the price of my laptop lol.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:

Uh yeah, sure. That doesn't change the fact they haven't brought it officially over to PC, among other games. Not saying they won't, but it is the state of things atm.

And why get over Bloodborne? It's an amazing game.

It's a good game, and I think they should remake it or port it to appease gamers. But Sony and From aren't seeming to give a flying **** about it. Seems like they are over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Switch. The portability means more than power for me.

If it was Xbox vs PS5. Xbox

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44289 Posts

@dimebag667: Oh man, I remember those Tiger handhelds. Use to have a Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest one back in the day. 😅