If you could make one console exclusive come to all systems, which would it be?

• 81 results
dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3132 Posts

@Pedro: Exactly! I don't want the systems to just be carbon copies of each other, I want the hardware to be custom as well. I would probably never buy a switch, but at least it stands apart from the other two with what it is.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 dimebag667

@xantufrog: Could you give me an example? If box A and B have all the same games, what's the point of having two boxes? Slight variation in controllers and graphics?

Maybe it's just beyond the point where systems can be truly unique. Can a new game exist only on one console without it being an indie, or being so generic that it tries to please too many?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#53 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16047 Posts

Hmmm, probably Golden Sun.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50699 Posts

Easily Zelda

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Halos, no ifs ands or Butts. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@dimebag667: there are three existing examples already - 1) almost no gaming PCs are the same - they come in different sizes, feature sets, form factors - but by and large play all the same games. That diversity isn't noise, but consumer choices. You want a lime green AMD box or a small form brushed silver Nvidia box? Still standing by Lenovo? Have at It. So there's a veritable sea of hardware choice - both functional and stylistic - that is completely independent from one brand or makeup of PC having "exclusives" from another.

2) PS and Xbox. People on here really downplay reality. They already play almost the exact same games. It is a handful of games, really, on each that isn't coming out on the other. Yet their hardware and services features - and even simply their looks - give consumers interesting choices.

3) within-brand variants. Like with PC, the Switch vs Switch lite, XSS vs XSX, "midgen upgrade" are all examples of identical libraries still offering consumers choice on style, price point, power, and other features.

I mean really, consoles are an exception in the industry - all cars drive but somehow different car brands and models exist. A bit more relevant, TVs all play the same shows but come in many brands and rich variety (and still have fanboys)

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

As a PS gamer there is only one correct choice and that is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I'm still dreaming of Microsoft outright buying Nintendo so we can get 4K/60fps LoZ BOTW

For anyone who doesn't have a PS4/5 the only objective choice is The Last of Us: Part II.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

Resident Evil Outbreak/File 2

Re-release please.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dimebag667

@xantufrog: First off, thanks for the lengthy response, and not just some snarky quip or lazy gif. I appreciate it.

1. I'm pretty much just talking about console here, since pc has been a choose-your-own-adventure for decades; as far as customization goes. Consoles are more of a stereo-in-box approach, where the expectation is a more curated experience coupled with ease of use. More than anything, I'm probably just saying that consoles are already too much like PCs, instead of being their own unique experiences.

I miss turning on my ps2 and having a few seconds of leisure in some weird surrealistic floating blue pillar world, just before being excitingly sucked into a vortex which spits you back out into the desired game, as well as confirming that the disc was actually read :). Or booting up the OG Xbox, with it's green fusion reaction of awesome! Or going into the memory card section and seeing all the unique thumbnails for different games I had saved. I want my console and all it's facets to be a gateway to amazement, and not just a barrier in the way of me clicking buttons.

It is funny that you said "lime green AMD box", seeing how the first pc I ever bought was this

PC really is a the place to go if you want the most control, but even there I would prefer to keep it's games segregated from console. Imagine if we went back to when all pc games were designed solely for pc, and not just an afterthought for console.

2 and 3. I agree that consoles now are basically indistinguishable, but the few discrepancies between them are so minor that it's basically a moot point for me. The mid-gen refreshes completely undermine the delayed gratification earned by going from launch to launch on the same hardware. It weakens the perceived jump, at least for me. And I know I don't have to buy it halfway through, but it's like playing a puzzle game with a friend. If we both go into it with the same degree of knowledge it's fun to figure out together, but if the other person is just googling the answers and keeping it to themselves, it ruins the experience. But that also might just be me.

At the end of the day I don't like where gaming is or where it's going, but fret not if you do, because it's a proven fact that if it's something I want...it won't happen. P.T., 1313, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Halo CE being released from the stranglehold of MCC, etc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22417 Posts

At the moment, I'd love to have the new Ratchet & Clank on Switch.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@dimebag667: lol, no worries. It's pretty hard to have an actually conversation or argument on here - mostly just trash talking these days. I gotcha - I actually have my animated theme on my PS4 set to something that mimics the PS2 startup columns thing. It's a nice nostalgia trip. I think the psychological points you brought up make a lot of sense too - it's easy to kind of treat it as numbers on paper, as I was doing, but the reality is things like having jumps in new tech come in long waves (generations) does have an impact on how we "feel" about the purchases, as does feeling like the thing you bought is different from another choice.

I get some of that with my PC anyway simply by being a cheapo - I usually wait a LONG time before upgrading, so I create my own "gens" ;-)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#62 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41586 Posts

Sticking to third party IP's and knowing clear motivations of some people choosing first party ones: Rogue Leader from the GameCube era.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70545 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

@Pedro: Exactly! I don't want the systems to just be carbon copies of each other, I want the hardware to be custom as well. I would probably never buy a switch, but at least it stands apart from the other two with what it is.

There is no need for the hardware to stand apart from each other. You are using old school thinking that makes little sense today. People buy hardware to play games not games to play hardware. The Switch is just a weaker version of the other two. Nothing on the device cannot be achieved on the other two platforms but the reverse is not particularly easy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nintendoboy16

@Mozelleple112: So long as gamers in Japan are going to shun Xbox, never gonna happen...

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5297 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Mozelleple112: So long as gamers in Japan are going to shun Xbox, never gonna happen...

If Microsoft do decide to buy out Nintendo, expect it to become a national issue in Japan. Expect politicians, business groups, gamers, and even ultra-nationalists in the country get involve in this.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dimebag667

@xantufrog: Right on, thanks for the good chat!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dimebag667

@Pedro: I don't know what to tell you dude, I fervently disagree that hardware (console, controller, ui, etc) shouldn't be unique in some way. What's the point of having more than one option if they're all the same? And you're totally correct in saying I'm using old school thinking, but that's when I preferred gaming; so what am I to do? To be fair, I don't know if what I want could even work anymore, but I do know what's happening isn't working for me. I agree that playing the game is the main focus, but I think you vastly undervalue the impact a great design, bootscreen, ui, controller, etc can have on the experience as a whole. Too many treat these elements as superfluous and miss how much flavor they add. It's just like what happened to music where people devalued it through streaming, stealing, etc, that it's become disposable in the eyes of most. And now you just get generic repetition that people can play in the background because they killed the magic, and their attention spans.

But maybe it's already dead (feels like it) and I'm just hanging on to hope. Can systems even be different now? Is it even possible to have two different systems with their own vibe (snes and genesis) and different capabilities, or are the graphics and hardware so standardized that it's impossible, and just more or less power?

My point with the switch was the system is a hybrid console/handheld, with controllers that attach on the sides and charm that the others lack. It feels different from the others, and I respect that. I personally don't want that option, but I'm glad it exists. Do with that what you will.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8479 Posts

@Pedro said:

Probably a Mario game, more specifically 3D World. That game was simply fun.

Was it your first time playing it on Switch?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@dimebag667 said:

@Pedro: I don't know what to tell you dude, I fervently disagree that hardware (console, controller, ui, etc) shouldn't be unique in some way. What's the point of having more than one option if they're all the same? And you're totally correct in saying I'm using old school thinking, but that's when I preferred gaming; so what am I to do? To be fair, I don't know if what I want could even work anymore, but I do know what's happening isn't working for me. I agree that playing the game is the main focus, but I think you vastly undervalue the impact a great design, bootscreen, ui, controller, etc can have on the experience as a whole. Too many treat these elements as superfluous and miss how much flavor they add. It's just like what happened to music where people devalued it through streaming, stealing, etc, that it's become disposable in the eyes of most. And now you just get generic repetition that people can play in the background because they killed the magic, and their attention spans.

But maybe it's already dead (feels like it) and I'm just hanging on to hope. Can systems even be different now? Is it even possible to have two different systems with their own vibe (snes and genesis) and different capabilities, or are the graphics and hardware so standardized that it's impossible, and just more or less power?

My point with the switch was the system is a hybrid console/handheld, with controllers that attach on the sides and charm that the others lack. It feels different from the others, and I respect that. I personally don't want that option, but I'm glad it exists. Do with that what you will.

I am just relaying the reality of the situation. A lot of what you are saying is highly nostalgic and not particularly realistic. The advancement of technology facilitates unification. Myself, along with the general population is not interested in purchasing multiple devices that all do the same thing. It lacks economical sense. This is the reality of technology and should not be looked upon as something stale or uninteresting but an opportunity for games being more accessible. Developers are the foundation of gaming. They make the experience unique and varied, not so much the hardware. The Switch is no different than a PSP in execution but is incorrectly accoladed as offering a unique experience despite gamers playing the same games on other platforms. Also the things you are highlighting such as bootscreen, ui, controller has been mostly standardize and none of those features make or break the gaming experience except the controller but that is pretty standard now.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45551 Posts

@dimebag667: I agree with you about hardware. I love that companies compete to create their vision of what a console should be. Competition is great. I'll be playing Returnal tomorrow with my ps5 controller which is far more advanced than that boring Xbox controller.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dimebag667

@Pedro: Yeah, I just don't think we're getting anywhere with this. I hear what you're saying, and I know what I want probably isn't feasible anymore, but that's what I want. This was never "what do I expect to happen". I still think you undervalue the impact all those little things have on the overall enjoyment; and that's sad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pedro

@dimebag667 said:

@Pedro: Yeah, I just don't think we're getting anywhere with this. I hear what you're saying, and I know what I want probably isn't feasible anymore, but that's what I want. This was never "what do I expect to happen". I still think you undervalue the impact all those little things have on the overall enjoyment; and that's sad.

I give those things the value they deserve. 😊

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dimebag667

@Pedro:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nintendoboy16

@onesiphorus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

If Microsoft do decide to buy out Nintendo, expect it to become a national issue in Japan. Expect politicians, business groups, gamers, and even ultra-nationalists in the country get involve in this.

This wouldn't shock me. Though the last time I said Japan tends not to like the Xbox, locopatho accused me of being a racist.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39895 Posts

I would actually love GoW2 to be available on the Switch 2 so our fellow sheep could taste what's a video game with an actual story, and not just saving the princess for 40 years.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dimebag667

@SolidGame_basic: It's just cool to see more variety instead of uniformity. And it adds to the overall flavor of gaming.

Reternal is looking pretty awesome.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#78 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Assuming it will be exclusive, then The Elder Scrolls VI.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2260 Posts

Definitely the Zelda series, honestly at this point I am getting sick of my switch ( despite it having great games) so if I could play the next Zelda on my pc I would be a happy camper!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#80 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Mario Kart. Taking away Nintendo's biggest exclusive would go a long way in forcing them to go 3rd party so we wouldn't need to buy their underpowered hardware.

No one is forcing you to buy Nintendo hardware. It's not their fault the more powerful consoles don't have games that are as fun. Maybe you should demand better content from Sony?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Probably Killer Instinct.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 963 Posts

Before the MCC on steam I would have said Halo. Since I already beat that I would like to have Bayonetta 2 and 3. Want to play these games so bad but definitely wont buy one console just for that. Waste of money

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Bloodborne is the easy answer.

It runs like garbage on the PS4 and it's stuck there. How is Sony supposed to be all about the games and yet they let something like this happen?

This here. I only beat the first Boss because I did not want to ruin a cool game with awful framerate. PC makes sense to me.