Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

On the bright side, maybe the thing will melt to a design that isn't a lump of plastic.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Guess I'll see when I get mine. My component area is really well ventilated, and I always shut off everything at the surge protector when I'm not using it, so I'm not too worried.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I imagine it should generate heat, and as long as the heat won't harm the systems core components and do the system damage then I am not worried. The system is a monster, of course it'll get warm.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

@bluestars said:

until digital foundry says it gets excessively hot.....its not excessively hot

facts

hah

So only Digital Foundry can tell you a console gets hot? LOL! The brains on this one

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@tormentos: does it really matter? You do realize Sony paid those people to rave about the experience. Again, we are talking real world environment and practical use vs staged controlled environment with people you pay. Big difference lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#106 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69776 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@tormentos: does it really matter? You do realize Sony paid those people to rave about the experience. Again, we are talking real world environment and practical use vs staged controlled environment with people you pay. Big difference lol.

Where is your evidence about Sony paying these people?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BlackShirt20

@Pedro: It was a promo. That’s what you do for promoting your product. You pay people to rave about your product.

Come on Sony invite people to a Sony HQ in a room were you have Sony plastered everywhere. The reason you couldn’t hear it, it’s because they had all that equipment running.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

ha ha

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 regnaston

@BlackShirt20 said:

@Pedro: It was a promo. That’s what you do for promoting your product. You pay people to rave about your product.

Come on Sony invite people to a Sony HQ in a room were you have Sony plastered everywhere. The reason you couldn’t hear it, it’s because they had all that equipment running.

I don't think they were paid, but definitely a staged environment where they could control many of the variables

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I hope this is not going to be RROD 2.0

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Pedro  Online

@BlackShirt20 said:

Having a controlled event for celebrities or media does not equate to the participants being paid to say good things about the product. You can argued that the event was heavily controlled but you cannot claim without evidence that they were paid to say good things about the PS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Na I already got a Super Hot PC I don't need another camp fire in my place I'm good on heat. They can't fix this stuff with a patch you fools this is hardware issue.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pedro  Online

@ProtossRushX said:

Na I already got a Super Hot PC I don't need another camp fire in my place I'm good on heat. They can't fix this stuff with a patch you fools this is hardware issue.

Is it even an "issue"?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 regnaston

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Is it even an "issue"?

of course it isn't every piece of electronics generates heat and dissipates it. Also I am sure his Gateway 386/33 PC is not generating that much heat

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pedro  Online

@regnaston said:

of course it isn't every piece of electronics generates heat and dissipates it. Also I am sure his Gateway 386/33 PC is not generating that much heat

I don't think anyone at the moment have a concrete answer to this question.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 regnaston

@Pedro said:
@regnaston said:

I don't think anyone at the moment have a concrete answer to this question.

well the tweet I posted above from Jeff Grubb who has one seems to dismiss the "issue"

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#117 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

That would suck if that was on retail version. I think they can just change the ramp graph through a patch. Don't mind a bit more of noise.

At least make it optional; heater mode vs cool mode. Both useful.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By BlackShirt20

@Pedro: They were youtubers. Hired to promote a product.

Think about this. The highlight of the “hands on” was can you talk about how quiet the machine is (because that was the biggest issues PS4 owners had was how loud the PS4 and PS4 Pro were)? They respond super quiet. Then they had to talk about how the room they were in was 86 degrees because they had so much equipment running. Hello! Probably a big reason you couldn’t hardly hear the console! They had so much crap running. Also, 86 degrees in that room and no one was sweating after 80 minutes? Come one people. Get real. Do people actually believe this crap?

Again, we are talking about a complete controlled environment at Sony HQ in Japan. Obviously they are only reporting what Sony wants them to say. It’s just basic marketing and logic.

With that said, again. One X gets pretty hot. Zero issues. So when someone is reviewing the console and holds it after it’s been on for and works for a couple weeks I suspect yeah, it will exhaust quite a bit OG heat especially if you just pick it up like the guy in the video. Verse a controlled environment where they have it running and cold booting in a 80min controlled environment.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@davillain- said:
@goldenelementxl said:

No, the power advantage means that multiplatform games will look and run best on that console. Multiplatform titles make up the vast majority of each consoles library.

If the power difference between the consoles and the way the same game looks and runs on different consoles didn't matter, Digital Foundry wouldn't exist. Hell, why would a person spend so much money on a PC if power didn't matter?

I'm talking about exclusives vs power mind you. The Switch isn't on the powerhouse but it has quality exclusives to back it up. Now you tell me what's important, power or quality exclusives games and lets not forget exclusives is the reason why we the gamers buy consoles in the first place.

Learned something new today. In all these years of gaming, since the NES, I though I was getting / buying consoles because I enjoyed playing video games. What a mind bender; all this time its been just the exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Will be interesting for us in the Southern Hemisphere (especially Australia) as we will be moving into Summer 3 weeks after these consoles release, so if there's a problem with either of them we will be the first to know.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39214 Posts

I see no problems here.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By regnaston

well there goes one of the sources used by the OP now all it relies on is some crazy Frenchmen :D (again I am part French so it is just a joke)

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BlackShirt20

@regnaston: This is why people get under embargo’s. Because they say something and the internet runs with it completely out of context. Microsoft isn’t sending out all these consoles in media hands (Hundreds of them it appears) if these things have “heat issues”. LOL this thread is a fail.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro  Online

@hardwenzen said:

I see no problems here.

I will take two please. 😎

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 regnaston

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

I see no problems here.

I will take two please. 😎

Me too :D

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Even the Xbox 360E gives off quite a lot of hot air. The important thing is that the heat is efficiently disapating and that is the whole point of this design.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 regnaston

@BlackShirt20 said:

@regnaston: This is why people get under embargo’s. Because they say something and the internet runs with it completely out of context. Microsoft isn’t sending out all these consoles in media hands (Hundreds of them it appears) if these things have “heat issues”. LOL this thread is a fail.

yep and Tom Warren agrees with you

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@regnaston said:

ha ha

You know what is funny about that? That it has HIM the one spreading FUD about the PS5 over heating some months ago, now he cries because people say the xbox is running hot without even running NEXT gen games because all it has done is run BC.

Jeff Grubb is a blind fanboy who was even banned from Resetera for spreading FUD and bullshit.

@regnaston said:

well the tweet I posted above from Jeff Grubb who has one seems to dismiss the "issue"

Jeff Grubb is as much fanboy as you are, so i surely would not take his word on anything.

@BlackShirt20 said:

So much bullshit if this was sony you would had cry the Nile River by now.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 tormentos

@regnaston said:
@BlackShirt20 said:

yep and Tom Warren agrees with you

NO one is saying the console has heat issues, heat related issues mean the console shut down, or cause part to melt or fail, what is been say here is that the console gets very hot which is not surprising at all, but surely allot of heat can be problematic in the long run.

Can you at leas quote a damn source that is not a total and complete MS suck up, up until now all you have quote is MS suck up people like Jeff and Tom warren they are even more program that YOU to defend the xbox.

@BlackShirt20 said:

@Pedro: They were youtubers. Hired to promote a product.

Think about this. The highlight of the “hands on” was can you talk about how quiet the machine is (because that was the biggest issues PS4 owners had was how loud the PS4 and PS4 Pro were)? They respond super quiet. Then they had to talk about how the room they were in was 86 degrees because they had so much equipment running. Hello! Probably a big reason you couldn’t hardly hear the console! They had so much crap running. Also, 86 degrees in that room and no one was sweating after 80 minutes? Come one people. Get real. Do people actually believe this crap?

Again, we are talking about a complete controlled environment at Sony HQ in Japan. Obviously they are only reporting what Sony wants them to say. It’s just basic marketing and logic.

With that said, again. One X gets pretty hot. Zero issues. So when someone is reviewing the console and holds it after it’s been on for and works for a couple weeks I suspect yeah, it will exhaust quite a bit OG heat especially if you just pick it up like the guy in the video. Verse a controlled environment where they have it running and cold booting in a 80min controlled environment.

PROOF your word mean shit here PROOF is all we care and want prove it.

Yeah you mean like Forcing reviewers to just talk about backward compatibility and loading and completely avoid anything next gen? Like MS is doing with the series X? So we should assume MS is paying reviewers as well based on your argument as those reviewers are prohibit from testing next gen games and are confined to only what MS want to show.

Lets see what your pathetic spin will be.🤣🤣🤣

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

OP's Indiana Jones reference = epic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Pedro  Online

Oh boy! Look who dropped in.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 regnaston

@tormentos: what we all hear when you post your dumb takes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BlackShirt20

@tormentos: Oh you poor baby. Why are you so triggered? Because Sony paid youtubers to come play PlayStation 5 in secure location and told them what to say, or the fact actual hands on reviewers are raving about the Xbox Series X over the PS5 because Sony has that thing in lockdown?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tormentos

@regnaston said:

@tormentos: what we all hear when you post your dumb takes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Considering that you are a PROVEN blind fanboy who invented shit about the PS5 and even delated a thread i have to say that well your opinion is as stupid as Jeff Grubb and his anti PS agenda.

@BlackShirt20 said:

@tormentos: Oh you poor baby. Why are you so triggered? Because Sony paid youtubers to come play PlayStation 5 in secure location and told them what to say, or the fact actual hands on reviewers are raving about the Xbox Series X over the PS5 because Sony has that thing in lockdown?

And is not only me waiting for proof..🤣🤣🤣

@Pedro said:

Oh boy! Look who dropped in.

Bah that doesn't do me justice.

Now this is more like it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

Geez. I didn't know all the Xbox press shills on Twitter would be doing damage control all at once. LOL! That's a red flag already

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 regnaston

@tormentos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

RROD 2.0

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#138 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Cannot believe this is thread worthy. The more hot the air, the more it is getting rid of heat, your chip isn't melting. That is exactly what you want, and this isn't even being achieved at a high fan speed, meaning it has tons of leeway to expel more if it wishes.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#139 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

What's next? HDR too bright?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 BlackShirt20

@tormentos: We still have yet to have a PS5 hands on anywhere. Fact

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

So, when will Phony, finally let DF have a crack at the TumorStation? lol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22774 Posts

So I can sell it to my wife that a xsx will not only make me happy but also bring down our heating bill....

Ps5 preorder cancelled.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 tormentos

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Geez. I didn't know all the Xbox press shills on Twitter would be doing damage control all at once. LOL! That's a red flag already

Yeah and when that happen is that you know something is up, you don't see other sites saying shit no just the confirmed lemmings like Tom warren and Jeff Grubb which actually spread FUD about the PS5 over heating some month ago and was even banned on Resetera for attacking other media personalities on the site.😂

@regnaston said:

@tormentos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

You poor fella you still hurt that i debunk your shitty lies.

@BlackShirt20 said:

@tormentos: We still have yet to have a PS5 hands on anywhere. Fact

Why in hell would i want a hands on were i can't talk about next gen games, and i am confided to old ass backward compatibility.🤣🤣🤣

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 regnaston

@tormentos: You are truly delusional .. do you wait for me and a few others to post the follow us around like a sad lost puppy? You need a new hobby, get out of your mom's basement and get some fresh air lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#145 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20126 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Cannot believe this is thread worthy. The more hot the air, the more it is getting rid of heat, your chip isn't melting. That is exactly what you want, and this isn't even being achieved at a high fan speed, meaning it has tons of leeway to expel more if it wishes.

That's not always true. Feeling a lot of heat from the exhaust sometimes means that there's a lot more heat built up inside. Ideally, you want to have a cooling system that prevents that kind of build up. There were some benchmarks done where plain thermal paste was replaced with liquid metal. This dropped temperatures by several degrees.

That drop in temp means that the cooling is now more efficient and the heat is removed better. Thee heat coming out would also be cooler under similar loads and that just means that the components have a chance of living longer.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2041 Posts

@Sevenizz: you guys never learn. Xbox One X is the most powerful console atm but the Switch and Ps4 is destroying it

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@blamix: Umm nope. Just checked and my X1X still works and my XSX preorder confirmed. Neither are ‘destroyed’.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By tormentos

@Sevenizz said:

@blamix: Umm nope. Just checked and my X1X still works and my XSX preorder confirmed. Neither are ‘destroyed’.

When you don't have an answer play dumb brilliant.😂

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

A group of French gamers via LeStream have been relating their experience with the XSX, and they all come to the same conclusion... this thing will replace your home's space heater.

A heater starts at what? 1000-2000 watts. The Power supply on the XSX is maybe 300+ tops. So yeah, it may get a little warm, hot even. Replace your heating? Not a chance!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Pedro  Online

@tormentos said:

When you don't have an answer play dumb brilliant.😂

Isn't that your core strategy? 😂🤣