If xbox Silver had FREE online Multiplayer, would you pay for Gold?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
No, it would be utterly useless then.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]I would. The 360 is my media hub. ShadowMoses900

Don't see why you would still need gold when your PC does everything better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't xbox live on PC (MS changed the GFWL name to xbox live PC) still FREE on PC? And it brought all the stuff that the xbox live on consoles has like the avatars (which are dumb IMO) and the dashboard ect...but it's FREE? Why would they charge for the same thing on console but not for PC? It's the same brand with the same features and everything (including party/cross chat) but it's FREE on one platform but not the other?

That doesn't make sense to me....

I have no idea what GFWL is like. Thanks to everybody saying how horrible it is I stay far away from it, though it looks like I'll need it for Arkham City. All I know is that it's free because PC gamers wouldn't put up with paying to play online.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
Microsoft knows this also, that's why they charge for it, otherwise they would make very little money from gold subscriptions.
AngryJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AngryJuice
Member since 2011 • 305 Posts

For Party chat yes. If Party Chat also went to silver than hell no.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

I might have considered getting a 360 if this was the case.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
I don't pay for it now...so I can't really say that I would if the online went free. I've always said that Microsoft is holding online play hostage under a smokescreen of "Features" to justify the cost, when really Online play is the only real hook they have.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

If all the other stuff stayed the same? Yeah, I would. I like party chat and Netflix too much.

Mozelleple112
Who says you need to pay for Netflix? That's free on PSN.

Can't watch with my friends on PS3 because they don't have PS3's. :o
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#58 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Nope cause MP is the only reason I still play 360.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
sure why not, no different than playstation plus
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Never have, never will, since I almost NEVER play MP online on either consoles (PS3, 360)

The only drastic change is I would likely move my 360 to my bedroom for Netflix viewing.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts
How many times are you going to ask this?
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Why bother? I wouldn't... but that will never happen. PSN gives me Netflix for free, and even if I had to have Gold for Netflix, I'd watch it on my PS3, like I already do all the time.
NoirLamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 NoirLamia
Member since 2010 • 801 Posts

If they gave you a free arcade game every month, similar to Playstation Plus. I definitely would. It gives me reason to play games I would have never touched before, and I find hidden gems that way.

Avatar image for nosmokingbandit
nosmokingbandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nosmokingbandit
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

If all the other stuff stayed the same? Yeah, I would. I like party chat and Netflix too much.

DarkLink77

i'm sure you own a computer, you don't need to pay a subscription fee to use netflix on the pc or ps3 "just netflix fee" , i think its crazy that you can't just use a silver account to access netflix on the 360

If I didn't want to talk to my friends while we watched movies together or all played different games, I'd agree, but I do. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.

Do you own a telephone?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] i'm sure you own a computer, you don't need to pay a subscription fee to use netflix on the pc or ps3 "just netflix fee" , i think its crazy that you can't just use a silver account to access netflix on the 360

nosmokingbandit

If I didn't want to talk to my friends while we watched movies together or all played different games, I'd agree, but I do. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.

Do you own a telephone?

what does that have to do with anything? why talk to someone over the phone when you can be playing different games online and still talk without having to hold a phone and controller??
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
No. But if quality dropped and Gold was better then I would pay for Gold.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

I must say the results of the poll shocked me.

I have seen many 360 owners here say that party chat alone is worth $50/year.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#68 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Most likely not, unless they took everything else away from you, then maybe. Totally off subject, but I have to give the PSN it's credit today. I had a technical question, so I called Sony's tech support, and I got someone within 2-3 minutes!!! It was actually a very well English spoken person! Most of the experiences I've had with Xbox Live support have been less than enjoyable, with me not being able to understand them most of the time. :)

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

No, and I don't currently pay for it either.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

If silver had online multiplayer and party chat I wouldn't.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Pretty much every reasonable person will say no. It's not like they enjoy paying $50 or so a year just to play online pretty much.

cain006
So what if the others say the would, are they not reasonable?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Coulda sworn there was a thread like this a few months ago

Snakemaster9
yep the tc made that thread along with a few others in a weeks time and was shown he had never had xbox live before his ""gamertags"" were proven not to be his or were made and never used.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Quite possibly, if friends were to keep their subscription going and discounts on dlc were still offered each week, I probably would keep it up. Party chat is a key part of my online experience as I prefer to play games online with friends with voice chat otherwise I go on games online and do not use my headset.
Avatar image for nosmokingbandit
nosmokingbandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nosmokingbandit
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="nosmokingbandit"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] If I didn't want to talk to my friends while we watched movies together or all played different games, I'd agree, but I do. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.mems_1224

Do you own a telephone?

what does that have to do with anything? why talk to someone over the phone when you can be playing different games online and still talk without having to hold a phone and controller??

Someone totally needs to invent some kind of cordless headset for cell phones. Bluetooth even, so it works with everything easily. Man, that would be neat. Until then we'll just keep paying MS to turn our xboxs into phones for us.

Oh wait.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
One of the main reasons i didnt buy an X360 this gen when it was very appealing , was this Pay to play internet. I wouldnt pay for Gold but most probably i would have own an X360 which now i havent.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] If I didn't want to talk to my friends while we watched movies together or all played different games, I'd agree, but I do. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.mems_1224

Do you own a telephone?

Yeah, because they don't make wireless headsets for phones or anything. :roll:

Are people so technologically out of sync that they don't realize something like that exists?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] what does that have to do with anything? why talk to someone over the phone when you can be playing different games online and still talk without having to hold a phone and controller??sts106mat

Someone totally needs to invent some kind of cordless headset for cell phones. Bluetooth even, so it works with everything easily. Man, that would be neat. Until then we'll just keep paying MS to turn our xboxs into phones for us.

Oh wait.

everyone who bought an xbox got a headset with it, the system works as it is. if you had to buy a headset and MS was still charging you for partychat, you would have a point, but since they all come with headsets, you are picking holes in it for the sake of it.

Paying 20 bucks for a headset once or paying 60 bucks a year for party chat? Your pick.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] what does that have to do with anything? why talk to someone over the phone when you can be playing different games online and still talk without having to hold a phone and controller??sts106mat

Yeah, because they don't make wireless headsets for phones or anything. :roll:

Are people so technologically out of sync that they don't realize something like that exists?

if you actually read his question he is right though. why use the phone? sure its an option, but when the included headset works. plus not all phones allow for conference calls, which is essentially what party chat is.

Any smart phone does. Besides, this is only if Xbox Live only charged for party chat. This isn't a real situation right now. On topic though, I don't pay for live anyway, much less if I didn't need it. What a waste of money. I'll just use my PS3 and PC thanks.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I dunno, those party charts can be awesome man.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Likely not but with that in mind, a question right back at ya.

Would you expect PSN be far more secure with your personal / financial info if Sony charged a nominal fee for their service ? :P

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Nope. The only reason I would ever get gold would be for online multiplayer, and if it's already free then I have no use for the other stuff.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="nosmokingbandit"]

Do you own a telephone?

nosmokingbandit

Oh wait.

a decent bluetooth costs more than what live does :|
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mems_1224

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="nosmokingbandit"]

Oh wait.

DragonfireXZ95

everyone who bought an xbox got a headset with it, the system works as it is. if you had to buy a headset and MS was still charging you for partychat, you would have a point, but since they all come with headsets, you are picking holes in it for the sake of it.

Paying 20 bucks for a headset once or paying 60 bucks a year for party chat? Your pick.

:lol: at a $20 bluetooth. good luck getting anyone to hear you on that

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I would miss party chat and netflix, but the only reason I have gold is for online MP, everything else is just extra.