If Xbox had all playstation exclusives available on it, would you buy it over a Playstation?

• 56 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Poll If Xbox had all playstation exclusives available on it, would you buy it over a Playstation? (51 votes)

yes 49%
no 43%
maybe, because... (insert answer) 8%

I am at a point I'd say maybe. I used to be an Xbox guy. Still, I do prefer the Xbox live service and controller a lot more over what Playstation currently offers and that is what actually matters during actual gameplay. But honestly, the Xbox home menu is made to be one big commercial marketplace and feels very invasive and lacking of a soul. The Avatars are not even present on the home menu, and the menu is constantly loading the cluttered deals and advertisements which makes the performance incredibly laggy and stutters. It is by far the most repulsive and greedy dashboard I have seen yet. I also don't like a games as a service model being a dominant concept over the traditional physical console and games.

Meanwhile, Playstation's dynamic themes and overall menu feel very friendly and look visually pleasing. They add a lot of personality to the console and give it identity, without commercials being spammed at me at every second in the home menu. I am becoming more of a single player guy again, the quality seems to be increasing when looking at the trends of the last year. Playstation's philosophy of a traditional console and physical discs are inviting. Playstation simply has better story driven games as well. Sure they might have a lot of cut-scenes, but they make you care for the world and it's characters a lot more than the gameplay loops Xbox exclusives offer. Playstation exclusives are made as an experience and Xbox exclusives are made to be addictions. They design games around gameplay loops that hopefully get you hooked, so consequently you keep paying into their subscription models in order to keep playing their online game.

I will be A-B-ing the PS5 and Xbox slippery snake controller's in the store and make my final decision then. Xbox controllers are that much better in my hands that it is such a decisive factor. Unless someone could recommend me a decent third party controllers that resemble the Xbox controller the most, then my decision would be easy. I don't see Microsoft changing their stance at all. First party franchise developers are no where near the quality they used to be, in fact they don't even house their original talent to begin with at all. And even if they are still there, I am sure the Microsoft 'games as a service' model will reign over those current first party developers. My Xbox one X will remain for all legacy games but the Playstation 5 feels like the way forward from here.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Already have an X1X, and even if it did, I'd probably play a few of their worthwhile exclusives. The rest, including those coma inducing snooze fest Weeabboo turn based JRPGs are not my cup of tea.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Is that before or after Sony accidentally exposed their entire customer base’s credit card info to thieves?

‘Trust’ sony? Girl, you crazy?!?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

@DragonfireXZ95: ‘Almost everyone agrees’

And that survey’s from where?

All I have to do is google search Xbox slow UI, and I get a million hits. My daughter has one, and the UI is atrociously slow and cumbersome.

https://mspoweruser.com/month-xbox-one-s/

"One thing that is a major concern, however, is the speed of the Xbox One’s user interface. It’s insanely slow, and there’s often an insane amount of delay when opening the system’s guide menu. Where opening the Xbox 360 guide menu in backwards compatibility is instantaneous, it often takes up to five seconds for the Xbox One guide to appear. Other actions might have some noticeable lag and delay, but no other ones are that bad."

"Complaints about the speed of the Xbox One’s user interface have been around for years, but I really do hope that Microsoft begins to address some more of them soon. With the price range of Xbox One S devices ranging from $300 to $400, it feels as if you’d expect a higher quality experience in that area."

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Sevenizz said:

All I have to do is google search Xbox slow UI, and I get a million hits. My daughter has one, and the UI is atrociously slow and cumbersome.

"One thing that is a major concern, however, is the speed of the Xbox One’s user interface. It’s insanely slow, and there’s often an insane amount of delay when opening the system’s guide menu. Where opening the Xbox 360 guide menu in backwards compatibility is instantaneous, it often takes up to five seconds for the Xbox One guide to appear. Other actions might have some noticeable lag and delay, but no other ones are that bad."

"Complaints about the speed of the Xbox One’s user interface have been around for years, but I really do hope that Microsoft begins to address some more of them soon. With the price range of Xbox One S devices ranging from $300 to $400, it feels as if you’d expect a higher quality experience in that area."

That sounds about right. My Daughter also has my original Xbox One 1TB when I gave it to her but she just needs it for Blu-Ray player and we both agree the UI is slow and laggy but the updates have improve a little but not much else. This has been discuss here multiple times that the Xbox One UI is just pathetic but I really hope MS addresses this issue on their next-gen console. Even the PS4 could use a little work on the UI as well.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: You can google anything and find the BS you want.

For fun, sub ps4 and you’ll find the same results.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Sevenizz said:

It has to load all the advertisements and can't keep up. But not only the speed is the problem, but the user interface is designed to shove a lot of commercials and deals down your throat, you can't disable them. There is no sense of style or coherent layout. You HAVE to see the deals. What I do like is how the whole menu is compact and user friendly when pressing the home button, but the actual dashboard itself is money hungry and lacking soul.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

What exclusives? lol