*If* Ratchet and Clank fail to get AAA, what will Cows say?*Prediction*

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

[QUOTE="DireToad"]It's hyped AA.

Thanks for playing though.XD88FDB

Yeah, I know its hyped AA. I'm not denying its hype or am I calling it a flop. My question: "What will Cows say if R&C failed to get AAA."

I'm asking because there are X amount of threads on the front page with 'AAA R&C reveiws' its undeniable that cows are hopeful that it will get AAA here.

Whatever they always say, Just pick up the pieces with damage control and hype next upcoming game AAA.

Uncharted, but that is also hyped AA... has cows totally lost faith in there console?

It's just sad..

No it may be the fact that they know that when dealing with gamespot it better to be safe than sorry. There are way to many games that get AAA everywhere else then only get a AA on here.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts

I don't believe its lost faith in the console, in fact I'm sure even those who hype it AA are expecting it to be AAA and most of them are probably going to buy it anyway. What people don't seem to realise is, that if they do hype it AAA, and it ends up AA, then theres the endless "ADD ANOTHER FLOP TO THE PS3" "LOL ALL PS3 GAMES SUCK" "NO GOOD GAMES ON PS3" etc etc etc topics, it saves a headache on SW to just hype it lower, if its hyped AA and gets AAA, people will say things like this, that cows didn't have faith!!! LOL!!! or something, but those blow over, when a game flops on PS3, its like the end of the world every time.

ZanuffC
Oh please, like a flop on other consoles wouldn't get the same treatment. Lemmings and sheep hype games and will take ownage. What makes cows so different? Doing crap like this is just low, even for SW.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

There hasn't been a single official review that gave this game anything less than an 9.0/10.

GameSpot would look pretty stupid if they gave it an 8. Look:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/932369.asp

martin_f

2 reviews both From Official Playstation mags (Whys there to OPSM?) or is one Offical and one Unofficial?
Suspicious at all?

No because Game Trailers gave it a 9/10.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

If you go to Ratchet and Clank here in Gamespot, you will see the critic score (9.4) and the user score (9.7).Rikusaki

You are not helping yourself anyone could put a score in there and not even have played the game.

Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
Thanks for taking my idea, TC. :)
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts
If you go to Ratchet and Clank here in Gamespot, you will see the critic score (9.4) and the user score (9.7).Rikusaki
8.0 - 8.5 confirmed. Still a good score ;)
XD88FDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 XD88FDB
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
[QUOTE="XD88FDB"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Thanks for playing though.Pro_wrestler

Yeah, I know its hyped AA. I'm not denying its hype or am I calling it a flop. My question: "What will Cows say if R&C failed to get AAA."

I'm asking because there are X amount of threads on the front page with 'AAA R&C reveiws' its undeniable that cows are hopeful that it will get AAA here.

Whatever they always say, Just pick up the pieces with damage control and hype next upcoming game AAA.

Uncharted, but that is also hyped AA... has cows totally lost faith in there console?

It's just sad..

Hype the next upcoming game that looks AAA, I agree.

Ha!!!:lol: it's like searching for water in a middle of a fricking Desert.

Lets hope they find the oasis of MGS4 before there console shrivels up and dies.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Thanks for taking my idea, TC. :)Drakier

LMAO! If its any constalation, this thread seems to way over some peoples heads.

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
[QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

There hasn't been a single official review that gave this game anything less than an 9.0/10.

Rikusaki

2 reviews both From Official Playstation mags (Whys there to OPSM?) or is one Offical and one Unofficial?
Suspicious at all?

No because Game Trailers gave it a 9/10.

Read Gamerankings again

Avg Ratio: 94% Based On 2 Media Outlets
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts
[QUOTE="XD88FDB"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Thanks for playing though.HarlockJC

It's just sad..

No it may be the fact that they know that when dealing with gamespot it better to be safe than sorry. There are way to many games that get AAA everywhere else then only get a AA on here.

Or maybe more people are getting wise to the ignorance of hype-threads. How can you hype a game completely based on videos and screenshots? You need to play at least a demo. And I'm sure once the demo came out a week and a half ago the hype went up.

Especaially when just about every preview wrtie-up on games are positive. Writers never trash the games until they're released. So even reading those gives you no real info.

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ZanuffC
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
[QUOTE="ZanuffC"]

I don't believe its lost faith in the console, in fact I'm sure even those who hype it AA are expecting it to be AAA and most of them are probably going to buy it anyway. What people don't seem to realise is, that if they do hype it AAA, and it ends up AA, then theres the endless "ADD ANOTHER FLOP TO THE PS3" "LOL ALL PS3 GAMES SUCK" "NO GOOD GAMES ON PS3" etc etc etc topics, it saves a headache on SW to just hype it lower, if its hyped AA and gets AAA, people will say things like this, that cows didn't have faith!!! LOL!!! or something, but those blow over, when a game flops on PS3, its like the end of the world every time.

taker42

Oh please, like a flop on other consoles wouldn't get the same treatment. Lemmings and sheep hype games and will take ownage. What makes cows so different? Doing crap like this is just low, even for SW.

No, it doesn't happen as much for others, because PS3 still doesn't have an exclusive AAA, though Wii's best games aren't AAA anyways, I guess it doesn't matter. The point is, its a fact that PS3 and sony get bashed more then anyone else by far.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="tskeeve"]Or maybe "it's hyped AA." Sorry to burst your bubble.Nike_Air

That is true though you need only look at all the threads created in the last few days claiming AAAA, AAA, GOTY, platformer GOTY !

Something is wrong here. :lol:

After all the flops cows probably played safe. Its a very borderline AA/AAA though. I'm still saying 8.5.

If it is a borderline game (like everyone thinks) , then thesmart thing to do is always go for the lower score correct ? Why pick the higher score if you are unsure and you know that it could score lower ?

Because in most threads (and I'm not including you or some of the other level headed ones) cows hyped it consistently before and since as AAA but in the hype thread as AA including a number of posters who put either "AA to be safe" or "vote AA to make sure it doesn't flop".

Personally i do hype games AAA (see bet thread), but only ones that deserve it (ie Mass Effect for me). I personally am not a fan of platformers, so its hard for me to judge and thats why I said 8.5, I'm guessing at a GS score not what I think of the game.

greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
Thread Fails. Hype was AA.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Rikusaki
People were saying the same with MP3.
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts

How does it answer my question when my question has nothing to do with its hype thread:(

Pro_wrestler

ok seriously...lets start from the beginning:

You ask: "If ratchet and clank fail to get AAA, what will cows say? *prediction*"

my prediction is that cows will say "It was hyped AA." im not getting how that doesnt answer your question.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pro_wrestler

Ha!!!:lol: it's like searching for water in a middle of a fricking Desert.

Lets hope they find the oasis of MGS4 before there console shrivels up and dies.

XD88FDB

Ha! Indeed, they'll need this game to be AAA and sell well to push some PS3s. The last thing the cows would want is for MGS4 to go multiplatform:o

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#67 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

ima a sony fan thats plays nothing but halo, but if this game doens't get at least a 9, gamespot is biast.

List excuses as to what Cows will say *If* R&C doesn't get AAA.

1. "Gamespot is teh Biased"
2. "It got AAA everywhere else"
Pro_wrestler

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pro_wrestler

ok seriously...lets start from the beginning:

You ask: "If ratchet and clank fail to get AAA, what will cows say? *prediction*"

my prediction is that cows will say "It was hyped AA." im not getting how that doesnt answer your question.

-Serpahim-

:lol: Man your wording is kind of confusing. I thought you meant no-contest because it was hyped AA..my bad:(

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ZanuffC
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

The last thing the cows would want is for MGS4 to go multiplatform:o

Pro_wrestler

:lol:

Why do people still believe this is viable option? Is it because the creator of the game, and many reps since have said its exclusive to PS3, built for PS3, and only coming out for PS3? Is that whats saying its going multiplat?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
I don't believe its lost faith in the console, in fact I'm sure even those who hype it AA are expecting it to be AAA and most of them are probably going to buy it anyway. What people don't seem to realise is, that if they do hype it AAA, and it ends up AA, then theres the endless "ADD ANOTHER FLOP TO THE PS3" "LOL ALL PS3 GAMES SUCK" "NO GOOD GAMES ON PS3" etc etc etc topics, it saves a headache on SW to just hype it lower, if its hyped AA and gets AAA, people will say things like this, that cows didn't have faith!!! LOL!!! or something, but those blow over, when a game flops on PS3, its like the end of the world every time.ZanuffC
This is exactly the type of poster everyone is complaining about.
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 -Serpahim-

:lol: Man your wording is kind of confusing. I thought you meant non-contest because it was hyped AA..my bad:(

Pro_wrestler

my bad, i'll try to be more clear next time :P

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pro_wrestler

my bad, i'll try to be more clear next time :P

-Serpahim-

You might want to edit your quote chain..they are suspending people for that:(which is b/s.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 taker42
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="ZanuffC"]

ZanuffC

No, it doesn't happen as much for others, because PS3 still doesn't have an exclusive AAA, though Wii's best games aren't AAA anyways, I guess it doesn't matter. The point is, its a fact that PS3 and sony get bashed more then anyone else by far.

It gets bashed more so it should get special treatment?! Sorry man, as you tell I don't agree at all. To me, you want to hype and believe in something, it better be what you think in your heart. I can't respect a person that set things so if it fails, he wouldn't get hurt. Heck if you believe in the game so much, just say what you think, who gives a **** what gamespot and sw forumites think. And who ever gets hurt by bashing posts anyway? They are just annoying like hell, nothing more.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 taker42
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

ZanuffC

Why do people still believe this is viable option? Is it because the creator of the game, and many reps since have said its exclusive to PS3, built for PS3, and only coming out for PS3? Is that whats saying its going multiplat?

Well in another thread, some dev for MGS4 was saying "that's all I can say" when asked about 360 possibilty. I mean, come on, what's so hard about saying once and for all, "Not now, not ever, only on Playstation". Heck if I remember correctly Kojima's comments were as vague. Those really aren't the same as "exclusive to PS3, built for PS3, and only coming out for PS3".
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Serpahim-
[QUOTE="ZanuffC"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

taker42

Well in another thread, some dev for MGS4 was saying "that's all I can say" when asked about 360 possibilty. I mean, come on, what's so hard about saying once and for all, "Not now, not ever, only on Playstation". Heck if I remember correctly Kojima's comments were as vague. Those really aren't the same as "exclusive to PS3, built for PS3, and only coming out for PS3".

personally i think people are reaching. I think if Kojima came out and said "This game is for PS3 only and will NEVER EVER be on any other console ok hear that! ONLY PS3 FOREVER" people would come out and say "the way he made redundant comments suggests that he will change them at a later date."

avlin1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 avlin1122
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

Cows or not, I think people are just wising up about GS's review method. Not saying GS is biased, but if a game doesn't have mp, it has to be EPIC to score a 9.0 or above.

It seems that some mediocre games with mp have gotten 9.0+ scores when looking back, they weren't really that good.

Remember that value is a part of their scoring process and with games being $65 after taxes, that game better be 40+ hours long campaign mode or have a decent mp for a shot at a 9.0+ score.

That being said, and being a Cow myself, I'd say that:

"Well it doesn't have MP so it wouldn't get a AAA"

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
If it gets AAA everywhere except GS it should be obvious to even Lems as to why. If it gets AAA in some and not in others then it can be considered a matter of opinion and I'll accept it.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pro_wrestler

Cows or not, I think people are just wising up about GS's review method. Not saying GS is biased, but if a game doesn't have mp, it has to be EPIC to score a 9.0 or above.

It seems that some mediocre games with mp have gotten 9.0+ scores when looking back, they weren't really that good.

Remember that value is a part of their scoring process and with games being $65 after taxes, that game better be 40+ hours long campaign mode or have a decent mp for a shot at a 9.0+ score.

That being said, and being a Cow myself, I'd say that:

"Well it doesn't have MP so it wouldn't get a AAA"

avlin1122

R&C will have some replay value judging from previous iterations so this may makeup for the lack of multiplayer which they so heavily deduct points from games that are without it.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]List excuses as to what Cows will say *If* R&C doesn't get AAA.

Ericvon71

Reasons you should be band

1. Dumda** thread

Agreed! A dumba** thread mocking PS3 fans.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="tskeeve"]Or maybe "it's hyped AA." Sorry to burst your bubble.Pripyat

So even Cows don't believe that the PS3 will live up to the x360s launch titles within the first year? That's pretty sad, talk about lowered expectations.

Expectations were very low at the 360s launch...and it is impossible for the game score an 8.7-8.9 anyway, 9 just seems impossible because this site keeps saying "feels the same" then gives out a 9.5 or an 8.5 and keep throwing people off.

crazegamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 crazegamez
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

List excuses as to what Cows will say *If* R&C doesn't get AAA.

Pro_wrestler

Why do Lemming feel so confident that gamespot wont give it AAA? oh yeah gamespot are known for hating on the PS3 games..lol..but this time i feel like it willget AAA in gamespot you cant pass up on a great game..everybody will know they are really biase since everywhere it got AAA..

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
How about the general hype for the game is AA except for a few people lately.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Ericvon71"]

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]List excuses as to what Cows will say *If* R&C doesn't get AAA.

casey7672

Reasons you should be band

1. Dumda** thread

Agreed! A dumba** thread mocking PS3 fans.

maybe they deserve to be? These are stock cow answers after the release of every PS3 game. Besides picking on the Ps3 is racist right? :lol:
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
so we have threads bashing cows if the game flops (this one) and theres another thread that bashes cows if they dont hype it "AAA". What the f*** do you want us to do?
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

so we have threads bashing cows if the game flops (this one) and theres another thread that bashes cows if they dont hype it "AAA". What the f*** do you want us to do?blitzinger123

Some cows in this and other threads already made it clear that if GS doesn't give it AAA it will be because of bias. But they hyped it AA. What the **** do you want us to do?

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts

[QUOTE="blitzinger123"]so we have threads bashing cows if the game flops (this one) and theres another thread that bashes cows if they dont hype it "AAA". What the f*** do you want us to do?blue_hazy_basic

Some cows in this and other threads already made it clear that if GS doesn't give it AAA it will be because of bias. But they hyped it AA. What the **** do you want us to do?

Because 2 or 3 "cows" speak for all ps3 owners right? yea.....

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 taker42

personally i think people are reaching. I think if Kojima came out and said "This game is for PS3 only and will NEVER EVER be on any other console ok hear that! ONLY PS3 FOREVER" people would come out and say "the way he made redundant comments suggests that he will change them at a later date."

-Serpahim-
Really? Personally if he says that, then it's proof enough for me. There's not a lot of things you can dig out of a definitive denial like that.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="blitzinger123"]so we have threads bashing cows if the game flops (this one) and theres another thread that bashes cows if they dont hype it "AAA". What the f*** do you want us to do?blitzinger123

see how that works both ways?
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 taker42
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="blitzinger123"]so we have threads bashing cows if the game flops (this one) and theres another thread that bashes cows if they dont hype it "AAA". What the f*** do you want us to do?blitzinger123

"Some" do equals "2 or 3", I believe. Anyway, it's hardly "2 or 3" but not a definitive majority either.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#92 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
they'll say grow up little kid...
rarsi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rarsi123
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

So even Cows don't believe that the PS3 will live up to the x360s launch titles within the first year? That's pretty sad, talk about lowered expectations.

No, they just dont believe that gamespot believes it. Cows got their AAA on day1, gamespot just messed up, possibly overcompensating for their overenthusiastic pdz score.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
ont care what gamespot gives it. I have played the whole series onboth the ps2 and psp and the games are great. Why should a game get a lower score for not haveing MP? especially whenthat is not what the game is about. Gamespot will give it a good score though, and chances are it will get over 9.5 from loads of sites like all the other R&C games.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

X360's launch?? Are you serious??

LOL

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
If Perfect Flop Zero can get a 9.0, Ratchet and Clank is more than worthy of a high score.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Pro_wrestler

If Perfect Flop Zero can get a 9.0, Ratchet and Clank is more than worthy of a high score.InfinityMugen

In other words if PDZ can get a 9.0 surely R&C can..so why didn't cows hype it AAA? Yet if it doesn't get AAA Gamespot is t3h biased. Perfect sense that makes.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Cows are definately playing it safe these days. I bet Uncharted will suddenly turn into "but it was hyped AA..." before long.
Gun_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gun_Haze
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts
It is hyped AA..
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Cows are definately playing it safe these days. I bet Uncharted will suddenly turn into "but it was hyped AA..." before long.Ninja-Vox

After what happened to Zelda and Metroid, who can safely hype a sequel...