if ps3 charged us to play online(for better online experience of course)...

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

would you pay?

would you pay?

would you pay?

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Not likely though is it?

I mean the better service part... the charging part is a dead cert eventually.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts

Online gaming is the same as xbox Live. There is no 'better experience', unless you're talking about features like live chat and stuff, which i really don't care about.

I go online to play games not gossip rumors or download episodes of Lost.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
Why do people keep talking about this? I'm far from being rich, but damn it's only $50 a year. $50 won't even fill up a Honda Civic nowadays. How broke are you people? :|
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
I probably would, not like id have a choice if i want to play online on my ps3 then. But id think the price is not justified and i sure wouldn't defend it.
-Sluggo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Sluggo-
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts
I probably wouldn't. I like free.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angry_fork

Why do people keep talking about this? I'm far from being rich, but damn it's only $50 a year. $50 won't even fill up a Honda Civic nowadays. How broke are you people? :|DisPimpin

I hope the government starts charing people 50$ a year for breathing air.

buh buh it's cheap

uh, buh buh it should be free, nobody cares that it's cheap, it's that Microsoft is charging for something that should be free, period.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts

Nope.

Both are pretty much the same to me, so there's no way in hell i'd pay for PSN when i'm getting all i want from it now.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

would you pay?

would you pay?

would you pay?

joopyme

No, they offere free online with quality just like Live. I have no clue what they could offer me that would justify a price tag after I got it for free.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DisPimpin

[QUOTE="DisPimpin"]Why do people keep talking about this? I'm far from being rich, but damn it's only $50 a year. $50 won't even fill up a Honda Civic nowadays. How broke are you people? :|angry_fork

buh buh it's cheap

uh, buh buh it should be free, nobody cares that it's cheap, it's that Microsoft is charging for something that should be free, period.

Being a PS360 owner, I can say with certainty that XBL is a MUCH BETTER online experience. Ok you don't care about voice chat, but for me that alone make XBL worth the money. Playing online on the PS3 is lame because 99% of the time no one has a mic, it's like playing bots. Wack. I guess if you're anti-social then the PS3 is the way to go.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angry_fork
[QUOTE="angry_fork"]

[QUOTE="DisPimpin"]Why do people keep talking about this? I'm far from being rich, but damn it's only $50 a year. $50 won't even fill up a Honda Civic nowadays. How broke are you people? :|DisPimpin

buh buh it's cheap

Being a PS360 owner, I can say with certainty that XBL is a MUCH BETTER online experience. Ok you don't care about voice chat, but for me that alone make XBL worth the money. Playing online on the PS3 is lame because 99% of the time no one has a mic, it's like playing bots. Wack. I guess if you're anti-social then the PS3 is the way to go.

Then you play the wrong games.

I play Hardcore S & D on Call of Duty 4, and 90% of the time EVERYONE has mic's, and it's quite annoying.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
No, I would become a PC only multiplayer.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Um, not if I didnt have to.

If they offered the current PSN for free, but made Premium PSN that was more like Xbox Live... I would keep my current PSN. Xbox Live is better, but I dont think it's 50 bucks better. I know what someone will say, "If you think 50 bucks is alot of money you're in the wrong hobby" but seriously, if I have 50 bucks, I'll just go buy a game... not another gold membership.

Only game that will warrant me spending 50 bucks for Live will be Gears 2.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I play Hardcore S & D on Call of Duty 4, and 90% of the time EVERYONE has mic's, and it's quite annoying.

angry_fork

90% of people who play COD4 on PSN have mics? You're really going to say that and not expect anyone to point out that that is absolute fantasy?

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="angry_fork"]

Ninja-Hippo

90% of people who play COD4 on PSN have mics? You're really going to say that and not expect anyone to point out that that is absolute fantasy?

I'd say more like 20-30% of people have mics. 40% if it's at night... and it's a good night.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
[QUOTE="joopyme"]

would you pay?

would you pay?

would you pay?

Javy03

No, they offere free online with quality just like Live. I have no clue what they could offer me that would justify a price tag after I got it for free.

Only someone who has not used Live could actually say that and believe it. I suppose you could also be an insanely blind fanboy as well.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DisPimpin
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="angry_fork"]

carljohnson3456

I'd say more like 20-30% of people have mics. 40% if it's at night... and it's a good night.

Thanks guys, I was starting to wonder what planet he was from. :)
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angry_fork
[QUOTE="angry_fork"]

Ninja-Hippo

I said in Hardcore S & D, which is way more team-based.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 angry_fork
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="angry_fork"]

DisPimpin

You should fight your own battles, punk.

It's not my fault you play your multi-plat's on 360, so you don't have a full view of people with mic's on PS3.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DisPimpin
[QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="angry_fork"]

angry_fork

It's not my fault you play your multi-plat's on 360, so you don't have a full view of people with mic's on PS3.

Gotta love a tough guy on the internet. :roll: Anyways, I disregarded your post because it was complete nonsense and not worth responding to. I will even go as far as saying there has probably NEVER been a public lobby for any PSN game in which 90% of the players had mics. Maybe Warhawk, which comes with a mic in the box, but even then half the players downloaded it. That is why for most people unlike your anti-social self XBL is superior and worth the $4 a month, for a much better experience.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angry_fork
[QUOTE="angry_fork"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="angry_fork"]

DisPimpin

Gotta love a tough guy on the internet. :roll: Anyways, I disregarded your post because it was complete nonsense and not worth responding to. I will even go as far as saying there has probably NEVER been a public lobby for any PSN game in which 90% of the players had mics. That is why for most people unlike your anti-social self XBL is superior and worth the $4 a month, for a much better experience.

If I still care when I get home, i'll own you big time with pictures, not only that but I can show you 10 different lobby's within 10 minutes in which 90% of the people have mic's, i'd be willing to bet whatever you wanna bet right now.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="angry_fork"]

angry_fork

I've put almost a week's worth of my life on COD4 PS3 (which is sad in itsself) but seriously, there are more people without mics than there are people with mics.

Seriously, I dont say this as a fact often - but you're wrong.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

played warhwak for 6 hours last night not one mess up. i have mic plus 10 other people did out of 24 which is good enough for me. the most important thing for on-line gaming is to be on-line which is great on the psn.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 carljohnson3456

Gotta love a tough guy on the internet. :roll: Anyways, I disregarded your post because it was complete nonsense and not worth responding to. I will even go as far as saying there has probably NEVER been a public lobby for any PSN game in which 90% of the players had mics. Maybe Warhawk, which comes with a mic in the box, but even then half the players downloaded it. That is why for most people unlike your anti-social self XBL is superior and worth the $4 a month, for a much better experience.DisPimpin

I actually like the peace and quiet on the PSN to be honest, lol. I know there are mute options for Live, but I like to know if people are talking smack about me, so I dont look clueless to everyone else.

But seriously, I wouldnt include most people having mics on Xbox Live as one of the reasons it's superior.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GARRYTH

i love how you 360 fans say that the reason for more people with mic is because you pay for live wrong it because the 360 came with one the first 2 years of the consoles life. if it didn't there be the same amount of people with mics as the ps 3 period.

stop saying i pay for live and it is better because there is more people with mic.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angry_fork

I've put almost a week's worth of my life on COD4 PS3 (which is sad in itsself) but seriously, there are more people without mics than there are people with mics.

carljohnson3456

I know i'm not wrong because I know what I see, I never play any modes other then hardcore search and destroy, that's all I play and I play COD4 religiously. I can argue that on a 'bad' day, there's maybe 40% of people with mic's.

But on a normal day, there's atleast 70%, and on a good day every person has a mic, minus 1 or 2 people.

So I don't know what modes you play, but I know what I know and COD4 has A LOT of mic users on Hardcore S&D.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

Only someone who has not used Live could actually say that and believe it. I suppose you could also be an insanely blind fanboy as well.Khansoul
Only someone who doesn't know what netcode means (and the effects of it) can say this kind of argument, or someone who is an insanely blind fanboy as well.

And about the mics, it mainly has to do with the fact the mainstream of the 360 is the US, therefore they have a common language, and also the fact it came bundled.

I can speak english although my mian language is Spanish... can't say the same for everyone in Spain though. When I play MGO I hear spanish, french, german... do you think that with such diversity of languages it's possible to communicate, even with mics?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Seriously, no.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

angry_fork

I know i'm not wrong because I know what I see, I never play any modes other then hardcore search and destroy, that's all I play and I play COD4 religiously. I can argue that on a 'bad' day, there's maybe 40% of people with mic's.

But on a normal day, there's atleast 70%, and on a good day every person has a mic, minus 1 or 2 people.

So I don't know what modes you play, but I know what I know and COD4 has A LOT of mic users on Hardcore S&D.

I dont play S&D much, mostly just Domination and Team Deathmatch if anything.

Heck, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. All I know is I've never seen any circumstance when 90% of the people on there had mics... except for this one time when it was my clan (6 of us) versus another clan (6 of them) and we all had mics I think. It made for a rather unenjoyable experince. I'm not a smack talker.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 angry_fork
[QUOTE="angry_fork"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

carljohnson3456

I dont play S&D much, mostly just Domination and Team Deathmatch if anything.

Heck, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. All I know is I've never seen any circumstance when 90% of the people on there had mics... except for this one time when it was my clan (6 of us) versus another clan (6 of them) and we all had mics I think. It made for a rather unenjoyable experince. I'm not a smack talker.

Normally I like when there's a lot of mic's, but i HAAATE the people who blast music or have that stupid inteference where it makes a loud screeching noise. That happens like 50% of the time which is really so annoying.

Also the mic's are pretty useless if the people don't use team work, and most people don't use teamwork other then my clan.

Vectah_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vectah_Sigma
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

Um, not if I didnt have to.

If they offered the current PSN for free, but made Premium PSN that was more like Xbox Live... I would keep my current PSN. Xbox Live is better, but I dont think it's 50 bucks better. I know what someone will say, "If you think 50 bucks is alot of money you're in the wrong hobby" but seriously, if I have 50 bucks, I'll just go buy a game... not another gold membership.

Only game that will warrant me spending 50 bucks for Live will be Gears 2.

carljohnson3456

I agree.

Vectah_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vectah_Sigma
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

i love how you 360 fans say that the reason for more people with mic is because you pay for live wrong it because the 360 came with one the first 2 years of the consoles life. if it didn't there be the same amount of people with mics as the ps 3 period.

stop saying i pay for live and it is better because there is more people with mic.

GARRYTH

what he said

vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
I can safely say no matter how good it was, no matter how much it cost, I would not be paying. No need to support such a ridiculous idea.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

Online gaming is the same as xbox Live. There is no 'better experience', unless you're talking about features like live chat and stuff, which i really don't care about.

angry_fork

So you must hate the idea of Home then?

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 angry_fork
[QUOTE="angry_fork"]

APOLLOCJD

So you must hate the idea of Home then?

I don't hate it, but it doesn't make PSN miles better then Xbox Live like the rabid cows make people believe.

I'm interested in playing Chess and impersonating Chris Hansen. That's mainly what i'm gonna use Home for.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

Despite the fact that I adore XBL, and that I don't have a problem paying those $4/month, I believe voice chat is overrated.

The 99% of things you hear:

- People singing randomly

- People screaming

- People talking nonsense

- People making racist comments

- People meaking bad sexual comments

- People laughing (that's annoying sometimes)

- People insulting other users due their skill level

I actually don't think that good as everybody think.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Despite the fact that I adore XBL, and that I don't have a problem paying those $4/month, I believe voice chat is overrated.

- People screaming

IronBass

Agreed. When was the last time you heard "Productive talk" between teamates on COD4?

And. I. Absolutely. Hate. People. That. Just. Breathe. Into. Their. Microphone.

Playing Team deathmatch and all I hear is this constant breathing.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I wont pay for 360's online, let alone PS3s.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

- People screaming

IronBass

That's what the "Ignore User" feature is there for. :wink:
pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pakman3000
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

- People screaming

IronBass

Quick mute makes your post worthless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

- People screaming

Teufelhuhn

That's what the "Ignore User" feature is there for. :wink:

That's the feauture I use the most :)

pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pakman3000
Does COD4 on the PS3 have rumble yet?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

- People screaming

pakman3000

The fact that you connect a mic and then have to mute most people makes the whole feauture worthless.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]Only someone who has not used Live could actually say that and believe it. I suppose you could also be an insanely blind fanboy as well.blitzcloud

Only someone who doesn't know what netcode means (and the effects of it) can say this kind of argument, or someone who is an insanely blind fanboy as well.

And about the mics, it mainly has to do with the fact the mainstream of the 360 is the US, therefore they have a common language, and also the fact it came bundled.

I can speak english although my mian language is Spanish... can't say the same for everyone in Spain though. When I play MGO I hear spanish, french, german... do you think that with such diversity of languages it's possible to communicate, even with mics?

AMEN.

cmon ... Most 360 owners are from the states, so language barriers are almost never a problem for them... but when you think about how diverse the online network of PSN is, you cannot complain that BARELY anyone has a mike.. wow, how wonderful to play GROUND WAR with at least 8people with you talking at the same time...(though it is very nice to do this if you have clan and consistently have a party with you, everytime you play).. what i;m trying to say is... voice chatting is really not that big of a deal for us PS3owners... anyway the socom + headset= $60 is comin(i dunno if theyre sayin that the game is about $50 and the headset $10? or either ways, anyways im buying =b)

well, personally, and thinking about the NOW time, i'd still prefer a FREE network for my online experience.. i bought a friggin game for $60, online experience a plus++++ .. ^^ no offense to you guys who spend you parents money for NOT studyin, and to all the 30+ year old gamers(get a life though, have a kid or somethin man)..

pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pakman3000
[QUOTE="pakman3000"][QUOTE="IronBass"]

- People screaming

IronBass

The fact that you connect a mic and then have to mute most people makes the whole feauture worthless.

The fact that you connect to a game and have to quit because of team killing makes online gaming worthless. See where we can go with this?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I don't play online much. The only reason I play online with the Wii and PS3 is because it is free. I choose not to pay for live for the same reason because I don't play online very much. I don't see the reason to pay for it anymore "I did at one time pay for live".

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

- People screaming

pakman3000

which makes it just as good as the ps online because if the chat is what makes 360 live better what is the point of having it if you don't use it. you make it sound like chatting is the most important thing on-line why not just stop playig the game and sit a chat all day.
pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pakman3000
[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]Only someone who has not used Live could actually say that and believe it. I suppose you could also be an insanely blind fanboy as well.joopyme

AMEN.

cmon ... Most 360 owners are from the states, so language barriers are almost never a problem for them... but when you think about how diverse the online network of PSN is, you cannot complain that BARELY anyone has a mike.. wow, how wonderful to play GROUND WAR with at least 8people with you talking at the same time...(though it is very nice to do this if you have clan and consistently have a party with you, everytime you play).. what i;m trying to say is... voice chatting is really not that big of a deal for us PS3owners... anyway the socom + headset= $60 is comin(i dunno if theyre sayin that the game is about $50 and the headset $10? or either ways, anyways im buying =b)

well, personally, and thinking about the NOW time, i'd still prefer a FREE network for my online experience.. i bought a friggin game for $60, online experience a plus++++ .. ^^ no offense to you guys who spend you parents money for NOT studyin, and to all the 30+ year old gamers(get a life though, have a kid or somethin man)..

It's not a big deal because Sony never gave you a chance. Their still neglecting the core needs on online gamers. BTW, what's your gamer demographic? The loser high school grad who lives with his parents and will go to the local community college for the next 5 years? No offense to those of you actually on this forum right now.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

- People screaming

pakman3000

Two problems with that is when it bleeds over into your TV "This really upset me". Also you can't mute midgame only at the start.

If this has changed then my bad. I would pay for live again if they had mods. Well I don't play online much my son liked too. Because "some" of the people that play these games I have stopped him. I feel that if I am paying for something then there should be mods to make sure things don't get out of hand. My son does not need to hear someone drop the "N" word every 5 seconds.

Edit: to add some it was not all

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

That's the feauture I use the most :)

IronBass

Good man. :P

And while I do agree that the mic spammers are unbelivably obnoxious, I think it's better than the alternative. WarHawk can be very difficult on public servers due to the lack of communication.
pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pakman3000

which makes it just as good as the ps online because if the chat is what makes 360 live better what is the point of having it if you don't use it. you make it sound like chatting is the most important thing on-line why not just stop playig the game and sit a chat all day.GARRYTH

Are you series? That's chatting coupled with multiplayer gaming! Instead of building the uber crib in Home why not just play the Sims?! LOL