If MAG scored AAA here on GS....

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12363 Posts
seriously, MAG will be lucky to get anything over a 7.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#53 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
It would be Perfect Dark Zero all over again. Used for ownage, but everyone would know inside that it sucks. :P
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

who knows, maybe it turns out to be a good game in final version.

thegamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 thegamemonkey
Member since 2007 • 3234 Posts

I don't see it getting AAA; but Gamespot has been know to surpise us.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="playharderfool"]

:o wow, I've never heard such strong negative comments about a game from a mod before.

playharderfool

Being a mod does not mean forsaking opinions.

lol he said 256 players is a gimmick...most ambitious "gimmick" i've seen anyone attemp for online games this gen

I wont say any more except opinions can be telling.

If massive numbers of players didnt work on PC's why would it work on consoles? Its a poorly thought out gimmick, and just a marketing ploy. Playing BF2 with 64 players is already hectic, and 256 is gonna be a S*** show, with zero communciation going on.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Flop means it won't reach what it's hyped. It's hyped A-AA, it'll probably get A-AA.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Flop means it won't reach what it's hyped. It's hyped A-AA, it'll probably get A-AA.aaronmullan
There's AA hype for it? :?
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
won't happen....after playing the beta, I'm regretting the fact that I preordered it. Can you say "cancel" cause I know that I can? :)
coolguy735

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 coolguy735
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts

I would eat my hat, and my current hat is woolen, and that would be unpleasurable to eat. so upon reflection, I would like this game to score lower than a 9.0scottiescott238

As a pose to the other range of tasty hats? :P

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]Flop means it won't reach what it's hyped. It's hyped A-AA, it'll probably get A-AA.Stevo_the_gamer
There's AA hype for it? :?

From the last poll, it was the second highest.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="playharderfool"]

:o wow, I've never heard such strong negative comments about a game from a mod before.

playharderfool

lol he said 256 players is a gimmick...most ambitious "gimmick" i've seen anyone attemp for online games this gen

it is a gimmick its not really 256 players for that matter, one single mode supports this its not a standard in the game, and even then its more like 8 on 8 players, at most 16 on 16 otherwise battles are in groups and chunks and rarely if ever does one team affect the battle of another across the map short of air strikes being used. I played the beta all most from inception and it never got any better the last part of the beta when they had quite a few updates out the game was still rampent with problems and balancing issues.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="CannedWorms"][QUOTE="playharderfool"]

playharderfool

He's right though.

But do you think 256 players is a "gimmick" tho?

I'm pretty sure I've been modded for trolling saying alot less than that.

I think cross game chat for xbl is a gimmick but I don't put that opinion on blast because I know some other people think that's a novel feature. If people are allowed to spam the tag word "gimmick"on everything they choose not to find impressive then this place will be over run with unrealistic projections that don't acknoledge truly notable acheivements of games and consoles.

ah yes but i think the difference here is he is saying it because its shown to be, as well as me, and others in the thread, you on the other hand would say cross platform chat on xbl is a gimmick because your affiliated with a certain group, not because its actually a gimmick.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

MAG is a let down for me. I hope Zipper learn from this and should just stick to their bread and butter and that's Socom. If this gets AAA, I'm interested why GS gave it that score then I'll probably shake my head. Then I will read what the fanboys have to say and shake my head some more.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Well, I think I'd just continue on with my daily life.siLVURcross

Same here

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

[QUOTE="playharderfool"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Fizzman

If massive numbers of players didnt work on PC's why would it work on consoles? Its a poorly thought out gimmick, and just a marketing ploy. Playing BF2 with 64 players is already hectic, and 256 is gonna be a S*** show, with zero communciation going on.

Ok but I expect you to say stuff like that lol.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 playharderfool

[QUOTE="playharderfool"]

[QUOTE="CannedWorms"]He's right though.WilliamRLBaker

But do you think 256 players is a "gimmick" tho?

I'm pretty sure I've been modded for trolling saying alot less than that.

I think cross game chat for xbl is a gimmick but I don't put that opinion on blast because I know some other people think that's a novel feature. If people are allowed to spam the tag word "gimmick"on everything they choose not to find impressive then this place will be over run with unrealistic projections that don't acknoledge truly notable acheivements of games and consoles.

ah yes but i think the difference here is he is saying it because its shown to be, as well as me, and others in the thread, you on the other hand would say cross platform chat on xbl is a gimmick because your affiliated with a certain group, not because its actually a gimmick.

I think it's a gimmick because...I think it's a gimmick. It dosn't have anything to do with the game you're playing. Dont try to twist my comments around with your self imposed rationalizations of what you "think" about me.

funny you say Cross game chat is not a gimmick, but it's not needed for the game you're playing and you have to pay extra for it.

Yet you say 256 players on line is a gimmick, but it's an intergal componet to the structure of the game itself and you don't have to pay extra for it.

Willi you can't talk to anybody on this fourm about being affiliated to a certian group, whatever my "affiliation" is it dosen't have any affect on how I post or what I say on these fourms.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 playharderfool

it is a gimmick its not really 256 players for that matter, one single mode supports this its not a standard in the game, and even then its more like 8 on 8 players, at most 16 on 16 otherwise battles are in groups and chunks and rarely if ever does one team affect the battle of another across the map short of air strikes being used. I played the beta all most from inception and it never got any better the last part of the beta when they had quite a few updates out the game was still rampent with problems and balancing issues.WilliamRLBaker

:| How can you say that when the game hasn't even gone fully live yet? I mean if you haven't noticed the game hasn't been released...Oh wait, this is WilliamRLBarker I'm talking to...

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]I would eat my hat, and my current hat is woolen, and that would be unpleasurable to eat. so upon reflection, I would like this game to score lower than a 9.0coolguy735

As a pose to the other range of tasty hats? :P

You see, I reckon I could eat a leather hat, its more chewy rather than the horror of gritting your teeth on wool :(
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I dont think it will. Bad Company 2 is better.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

If it scored AAA here, that GS loses all my respect

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
I can guarantee you that the majority of SWs users have not played the beta... it's apparent. They go by what others say, and what others say is just fabricated half the time. It's a very well made game. I have more fun with it than BFBC2.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

All would be lost. The world itself would implode and everyone would be trapped in void of Hanna Montana theme songs and re-runs with albino versions of celebs talking about world peace. In short it wont happen and I regret ever sparking a slight interest in the game.

It Sure would be funny though.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

If MAG scores AAA i will personally buy two copies of the game, one for me, and one for my friend just because after playing the beta i have lost all faith in this game and have shared my opinion on how bad it will be openly.