If Halo 5 Flops is the Xbox Brand dead?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

No.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Was it ever alive?

The answer is no.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The Xbox one is ghetto and everyone knows it.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

It won't be good for it. Xbox is the 7-11 of consoles

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

won't ever happen

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

It won't flop, even if its bad or mediocre it won't flop

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Xbox cant be killed. NA is carrying Xbox all by itself, its freakin scary. Sony has the whole world and is still not all that much ahead of Xbox. Im not sure how they do it, but Microsoft has a very dedicated fan base.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Are we talking about Systemwars "Flop" or actually being a Commerical Flop? Because it's the former, I consumers will actually bat an eyelash if Halo scores an 8 on Gamespot.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@SecretPolice: ohhhh i dunno about "millions" like... i bet mosrt of those "millions" don't even play it anymore. Anyone got player stats for it?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No! it will not be dead! Not yet, but I will bet 90% of the lems will hide a way from here for a while!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think Halo 5 will have an incredibly strong tie-in to the established XBone owners but it will not move hardware significantly.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@RedentSC:

And that has what to do with the price of rice in China? I mean really, wth man, so what if they aren't playing it years later, does that mean MS has to refund the Millions who bought the game? C'mon, put your thinking cap on before speaking with me mang. :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I seriously doubt Halo 5 will flop but nothing is impossible of course. Going by my experiences with the beta I'm pretty confident it will come out good. I liked Halo4 and with MCC they have shown their commitment to the fans and the franchise, hopefully we will see some lessons learned with the released of Halo 5.......or more like, some mistakes not repeated :)

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Windows 8 is great!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Halo 5 will be so epic that Kaz himself will be Twitch'ing it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ProtossX: If Nintendo can survive a Mario flop, Microsoft can survive a Halo flop.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ProtossX said:

I was thinking about this for a bit.

What if Halo 5 comes out, the multiplayer isn't fun and the playerbase drops out super fast, and paid reviews don't save it an gamers don't like the game.

would that kill the xbox brand or just the halo brand or neither?

also I can tell what i don't like more windows 8 or xbox weak hardware and gimmicks like kinect

i honestly don't what i hate more the OS or the hardware and the crap with it

and i heard windows 10 is gonna be cool and all but what if also has tablet type stuff again like windows 8 and we hate it again too,

now microsoft is trying to get rid of the xbox brand and they took away xbox music and xbox video and are renaming those things because of what the xb1 did to public perception

if the xb1 was well recieved like the ps4 they would have kept those names for windows 8/10 like playstation store is doing

so i dunno which product is worse right now honestly

i honestly just dunno that company makes money , they buy up companies and make them worse, and then fire people from them how is it still making money

i guess they should just be a lawyer company and sue people with patents and just stop making things cuz they dont make anything good nemore

Halo 5 will be a commercial success in NA and maybe UK , flop or not.

I really think though that if HALO 5 flops will have a huge impact on Xbox brand overall.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The simple answer to the question is 'yes.'

Not fanboyism bias speaking there but purely fact. There is no other IP that XBox, as a brand, leans on to anywhere near the same degree as Halo. XBox is a house that Halo built and as long as people love it, XBox is not a house divided. If a Halo does poorly, though, things change. They need to scramble to throw their weight behind some other property and they just don't own that many.

It's been a strategic risk from the start. Nintendo saw that Mario was synonymous with their systems so they started putting Mario in puzzle games/tennis/spinoffs and all kinds of manners of stuff to strengthen their branding way back in the 80's. MS has taken no such moves and Master Chief himself is barely a two-dimensional character before Halo 4 where they really tried to church him up. Meanwhile, MSes first-party studios have been stretched simply trying to run the clock on Forza and Gears to satisfy their core audience and it exposes a weakness.

Halo 5 has to be tremendously good. There's just no alternative at this point. XBox, as a brand, has suffered enough damage without Halo taking the piss.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@SecretPolice: No not at all. But you can't claim there are "millions of others consider MCC as the best bang for the buck compilation to ever come down the pipe so"

Sorry like but not everyone who bought it will consider it the best compilation ever, Also if these people love it so much, then the current player count should be increadbly high, beating the likes of the orange box? Counter strike is in there, so MCC is a bigger/better compliation that the orange box ever was? and in turn, should have a much higher player count that CS right? i mean CS is over 10 years old! also thats just putting MCC up against one other game, not the countless others that pummel the buggy POS into the ground

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

It wont flop cause ms will bundle it with the bone and then combine the sales of that with the sales of the game individually to give the impression its selling well to the idiotic masses.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Killzone died when its was released on PS2 and they keep making the sh*t

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Who buys a 720p in late 2015?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SecretPolice

@RedentSC:

Firstly, since you didn't quote the post you were referring to I thought it was a post I made about Halo 4 in a different thread but eh, what I said still applies. Secondly, I didn't say Everyone, I said millions. Thirdly, you're talking one online MP game on OB/HL that yep, it's all Valve ever put out over the years for HL whereas Halos online covers 4 altogether different online games so I'd imagine if you took all of them plus I think Halo CE & 2 are still played by some PC guys online and combined the amount of people who play them, it would be favorable to Halos. Also, ya know, many like myself love to play the campaigns off line SP or co-op much more than playing online PvP and I'm fairly certain again, there many like me to which you're not going to be able to tell how many people are playing the games.

MCC campaigns since I started playing Christmas week 2014 have been awesome and worth twice the price of admission.

Oh, and for the record, I loved OB back in the day and it was an awesome deal put haven't touched that since I dunno. 2010 maybe.

Avatar image for iknowwhatswrong
IKnowWhatsWrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IKnowWhatsWrong
Member since 2015 • 163 Posts

LMAO if HALO 5 doesn't flop the Xbox brand is definitely dead.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

What's the point in reality? You already threw out the "paid reviews" remark so one cant say look at the MC score or reviews here where we are posting. But those sources are used as gospel truth in regards to other games. Maybe this game will serve its console well in sales and critical reception and of course the population of fans of the lore and universe of Halo. Maybe we don't care if you or anybody else doesn't like the game. There are millions of us literally. So much so that there are successful scifi novels much like star wars' expanded universe.

Get it clearly in your heads: THE XBOX WILL NOT OUT SELL THE PS. That was already decided. You get to cheer and bask in the comfort that you are in the majority, and just like everyone else. Feel better?

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

If Uncharted 4 flops is the PS4 dead?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5251 Posts

It will not flop, but if it does, it will not spell the end of the Xbox brand due to the fact that not every Xbox user plays Halo.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#78 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

Xbox cant be killed. NA is carrying Xbox all by itself, its freakin scary. Sony has the whole world and is still not all that much ahead of Xbox. Im not sure how they do it, but Microsoft has a very dedicated fan base.

I can tell you how it wins support from the US armed forces. They sent free HD monitors and consoles for rec rooms on forward operating bases. Sony and Nintendo didn't and we never blamed them because they aren't American companies. But things like that spoke volumes to many who served.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@gpuking said:

Who buys a 720p in late 2015?

Hopefully they improve the resolution when the game is finished.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80  Edited By tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@sailor232 said:

I have enjoyed every Halo, yes even 4, I don't see what is so wrong about it. I am a single player gamer so I just want Halo 5 for the story, and since it's Halo I can tell it will be a good single player experience. People that hate on win8 are dicks, install one application that takes the user 1 minute and you can have the same experience as win7 but better, faster speeds, lower resources. Microsoft is not going to die, they own 90% of the OS market. Keep praying for it though, it's good to have something to hope towards I suppose.

100% correct

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol Halo 5 flopping, good one

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts

What I played of Halo 4 on my buddy's 360 was very impressive. It was fun to play and really pushed the 360 hardware. Back on topic Halo 5 won't flop and even if it did Microsoft isn't exiting the console market.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SecretPolice

If it flops on GS, hahaha, No, not dead and I'm guessing the way GS ( WeHateX1Spot ) treated MCC and FH2, they likely will flop Halo 5.

. If it flops for real, I mean like it sucks and most of the Halo fan base thinks it's a smelly turd, than quite possibly yes, it will give a whole new meaning to the term... Burry the Bone. :P

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

If it flops (it won't) then it'd be a HUGE slap in the face for MS, no one wants their biggest IP flopping.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

If Halo 5 flops? blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's like saying if Uncharted 4 flops. Dude get off the crack.

Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

It depends on what you would consider as a flop, Halo 5 could score high AA here and be a flop to console fanboys regardless if it's still an overall solid game or it could flop in sales which is really unlikely. I think they have learned their lesson with the MCC collection, we should probably wait for e3 for some single player gameplay action, I think halo 5 is going to be a must have game this coming October for the xbox one.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

If Halo 5 flops? blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's like saying if Uncharted 4 flops. Dude get off the crack.

We all know that wouldn't happen right?

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Pointless post cause there is 0% chance of Halo 5 flopping.

And it was a foregone conclusion that the titanic would reach new york too....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@Krelian-co said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Hmmmmm 1 review and what was the MetaScore for Halo MCC? Can you look that up for me cause 1 sites review doesn't make a game be a flop? Besides you talking about a remake of 4 games that's been played to death by all Halo fans to a brand new Halo game that they all are waiting for flopping? C'mon now, let's get real.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#90 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Halo 5 flopping would probably kill the already tarnished Halo name, but the X1 would survive. I personally think CoD already took a huge step toward killing Halo back in 2007 when Halo 3 came out and then everyone I knew stopped playing the Halo 3 multiplayer to go play CoD4:MW. Then with Halo 4 being just so-so, MCC being a colossal fail at launch and for months to follow, and the Halo 5 beta feeling like CoD reskinned with Halo characters. I don't have high hopes for Halo 5. I'm not sure 343 was the right studio to take the reigns, but I truly hope I'm wrong because Halo was one of my favorite franchises and my main reasoning for owning an X1.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Xbox is already dead

Only to biased PS4 fanboys who don't own one. Meantime, the millions of other gamers continue to enjoy the XB1 and it's games. Funny how all that works out.

****************************************************************************************************************

@jsmoke03 said:

nope. not gonna flop...and theres always gears

and Tomb Raider, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Scalebound, etc..etc...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

No because the Xbox brand is already dead.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Xbox is already dead

Only to biased PS4 fanboys who don't own one. Meantime, the millions of other gamers continue to enjoy the XB1 and it's games. Funny how all that works out.

I own one and its dead to me so im one of the millions who its dead to

MCC was broken all the games going to pc i dont like racing games so i never wanted any forza game so dont speak up for me one of ppl who owns it that its doing fine right now

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Xbox is already dead

MCC was broken all the games going to pc i dont like racing games so i never wanted any forza game so dont speak up for me one of ppl who owns it that its doing fine right now

No one believes you dude so give it up. Your reputation for being a liar is well deserved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Xbox is already dead

Dude you really need to learn how to use periods and commas. Your sentences sound retarded. Trolls don't use punctuations?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Halo could flop, it is being made by 343 after all.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

The game will sell on brand name alone, like Call of Duty and Battlefield, except this one is exclusive. Not much to talk about.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

M$ is going to throw a quarter of a billion dollars at the 343 developed game. There will be TV ads, billboards, slurpies, posters, magazine ads, comics, toys, and $250 collector's editions everywhere.

Halo 5's marketing blitz budget will be higher than many other game studios development costs. M$ won't let this game go out to die, it's going to be paraded around.

It won't flop...but the long-term sales may not be nearly as amazing as Bungie developed Halo games looking at what happened after the 343 Halo 4 hooplah in the beginning wore off and word of mouth about Halo 4 spread. The prices on Halo 4 shot down fast too, fastest I've ever seen in a Halo title.

Then looking at the more recent MasterChief Collection Hooplah and now you can buy the game new for $30 and it just came out last year at Xmas. Dropping, dropping, dropping.

343 just isn't old Bungie. New Bungie isn't even all that, but 343 can't even fill their shoes and they desperately want too. They also would love to hit the 90+ mwtacritic club and they haven't. It's a major goal from 343's head Bonnie Ross.

Anyways, Halo 5 won't flop, but the series is losing it's pristine image and shine with gamers. It does help not to have a lot of great games on the system though, people are starving for a major awesome game.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#99 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

No and no. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One has already sold too many units to just collapse based purely on the failure of one game.

And I think is Sonic could endure ten years of flopping(I'd argue more) I think Halo could survive what ever Halo 5 does, although I doubt Halo 5 could be worse than just sort of plain.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Hmmmmm 1 review and what was the MetaScore for Halo MCC? Can you look that up for me cause 1 sites review doesn't make a game be a flop? Besides you talking about a remake of 4 games that's been played to death by all Halo fans to a brand new Halo game that they all are waiting for flopping? C'mon now, let's get real.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0

"The Metagame tracks which platform holds the most amount of exclusives, and thus when you see a big exclusive game meet its hype or perhaps flop, there is always a large amount of hoopla in the forums. One important caveat in this is that only Gamespot reviews count, and second opinions on Gamespot reviews hold no bearing. To read more about the Metagame, check out Ninja-Hippo's thread here or check out theofficial SystemWars spreadsheet that showcases the exclusive count (Hippo's spreadsheet has been replaced)."

Glad you can read, mmmk?