Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Sure it's the most powerfull console but I can get a ps4 pro for what now? 370$

I have an xbox one now but if I want a more powerfull console, the ps4 pro might be an option for me, I could play one of those ps4 exclusives, it has vr, it has a bigger community.

Okay the controller, yeah the xbox controller is better but I have three xbox controllers and a cronusmax adapter (which let's me use pretty much all console controllers from the last 2 gens on any console from the last 2 gens).

Fifa legends, coming to playstation check.

absolver coming to playstation and pc in august now but not on xbox, hmmm.

Wait what, no 4k blue ray

I don't have 4k tv anyway, but a bit more power sure sounds nice how much is that xbox still selling for?

Oh well, for 270$ I still get a much better console that has a bunch of games that I haven't played yet but why was I even considering the xboxone x...

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

But how's the social platform?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By commander

@drlostrib said:

But how's the social platform?

the social platform on xbox and ps4 is quite similar.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

They don't have anything to market. They have no exclusives and Sony has all the 3rd party deals.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Wait. Wait. Are you coming to the dark side of console life? The better side of console life? Welcome, friend. Enjoy your stay

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Thank Christ!

We'd nearly gone a whole 6 minute without a X1X vs PS4pro thread.

You saved us dude!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

Having a lot of Xbox One X talks is good and all but I'm already feeling the Fatigue on all these Xbox threads :(

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Mighty X1X; twice the powah for half the price with thousands of games to play Day One baby!! Everyone knows it, no need to advertise it. :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SecretPolice: Such a powerful monster that its ripple effect works in reverse, months before release. I don't even want to know what this place, and the internet, will look like when November hits

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Alucard_Prime:

Indeed and if, and it's a big if even MS doesn't expect, this MonsterBox should also have Monster sales numbers, ZOMG is SW gonna be more fun than a barrel of monk..er, mad cows. lol :P

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

You have the some of the worst logic and reasoning I've ever seen lol.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Cool blog bro.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

They need to do this.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 commander

@primorandomguy said:

You have the some of the worst logic and reasoning I've ever seen lol.

and you have some of the worst grammar

@clone01 said:

Cool blog bro.

So the price, adoption of 4k tv's and game content doesn't matter?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

MS being clueless... what else is new?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

XBOX ONE X isn't meant to outsell anything. It's merely a tool to disrupt Sony's claim that they have the best graphics. Little by little every multiplat will have to say they're better on xbox one x.

It certainly has Sony spooked as they're scrambling to release the PS5 in record time.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

They have no games to market lol.

I wouldn't spend money advertising games like Sea of Piss and Crackhead 3 either. Those games have "FLOP" written all over them.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#18 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

They don't have anything to market. They have no exclusives and Sony has all the 3rd party deals.

It seems like a perfect storm of what's going on with the XB1's marketing. They can't market what doesn't exist. They already lost 9 months of this year. If MS makes more games that are good then they should be doing better and they'll have stuff to market. The XB1 would be almost nothing without 3rd party support so far this year but good thing they have that support.

This problem is fixable for MS going forward with making more good games.

@davillain- said:

Having a lot of Xbox One X talks is good and all but I'm already feeling the Fatigue on all these Xbox threads :(

I agree.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

It's weird that people are that price sensitive. How can $100 make so much difference? Doesn't make sense for something you will have for 3+ years. Anyway I'm not really sure what the goal is for X1X. I guess they just got tired of having the second best console version of every multiplat and decided to take the lead no matter what. It could get them some momentum I guess. Like in coment sections and stuff. Perhaps set them up for a better run next gen?

I wonder if X1X is more about what they will be able to say rather than selling a ton of them?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

OP if you like to settle for second best hardware to save a buck, then by all means, do so. Some of us want the best console hardware we can get, and that's where the X1X comes in at, yes, a slightly higher price. No higher than the xbox one was released 4 years ago.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@quadknight: Sea of Piss? Crackhead 3? Man you're so mature.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Just play games. I'm thrown by your need to justify yourself supporting a corporation. You spend 4 years on this board justifying your Xbox purchase by saying how great FIFA Legends is and how you spend hundreds or even thousands on the game, and now you're flipping to the other side.

People are capable of doing their own research and deciding which console is better, and once most have made up their mind they usually don't change it.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Stupidly I clicked on this hoping for a real discussion, as I strongly feel Xbox marketing is not doing a good job at all. But alas another Cow thread trying to bash the X.

But in a my vain attempt at righting this thread here goes:

MS just became the official console of Real Madrid? Who the hell cares? MS needs to start investing now in advertising online and on TV that appeal to casual gamers as to why Xbox is better and why they should be buying one.

Sony is spending 100s of millions on trying to make 3rd party marketing deal games appear to be exclusives because in marketing... perception is everything.

MS has some great marketing with the NFL for the Surface, and Madden and occasional Xbox ads. But it really is not enough! They need to loosen those purse strings and let Greenberg and his crew do their thing. And if he does not deliver, get someone that can.

They do plenty of ads on youtube, but they are advertising to gamers there. Need to get that casual crowd. They should be on every commercial break on channels like Spike, ESPN, etc. They don't need to be like Flo from Progressive but really need to step it up.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Wait... Fifa legends is coming to PS4???? What's gonna happen to your meme commander?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By commander

@the-a-baum said:

Stupidly I clicked on this hoping for a real discussion, as I strongly feel Xbox marketing is not doing a good job at all. But alas another Cow thread trying to bash the X.

But in a my vain attempt at righting this thread here goes:

MS just became the official console of Real Madrid? Who the hell cares? MS needs to start investing now in advertising online and on TV that appeal to casual gamers as to why Xbox is better and why they should be buying one.

Sony is spending 100s of millions on trying to make 3rd party marketing deal games appear to be exclusives because in marketing... perception is everything.

MS has some great marketing with the NFL for the Surface, and Madden and occasional Xbox ads. But it really is not enough! They need to loosen those purse strings and let Greenberg and his crew do their thing. And if he does not deliver, get someone that can.

They do plenty of ads on youtube, but they are advertising to gamers there. Need to get that casual crowd. They should be on every commercial break on channels like Spike, ESPN, etc. They don't need to be like Flo from Progressive but really need to step it up.

Apparently you don't know me very well, since I am mostly an xbox fan, I'm not sure about the ps4pro because I have a couple of friends that wouldn't want to change platforms, I do have some friends on the playstation too though, friends I made on the x360.

Take those friends out of the equation (or if they would be willing to change as well) and I would seriously consider a ps4 pro for exactly the reasons mentioned in the op.

Exclusives play defenitely a role, but a cheaper xboxone x would probably change my decision.

@Sushiglutton said:

It's weird that people are that price sensitive. How can $100 make so much difference? Doesn't make sense for something you will have for 3+ years. Anyway I'm not really sure what the goal is for X1X. I guess they just got tired of having the second best console version of every multiplat and decided to take the lead no matter what. It could get them some momentum I guess. Like in coment sections and stuff. Perhaps set them up for a better run next gen?

I wonder if X1X is more about what they will be able to say rather than selling a ton of them?

@Phazevariance said:

OP if you like to settle for second best hardware to save a buck, then by all means, do so. Some of us want the best console hardware we can get, and that's where the X1X comes in at, yes, a slightly higher price. No higher than the xbox one was released 4 years ago.

Money doesn't grow on trees you know, and it's not like the xbox is coming with fresh content. This while the ps4 has titles that I didn't play yet, I'm thinking horizon, spiderman, that zombie game, absolver is coming a lot sooner too, and it would fill the gap in the month before fifa releases.

@drummerdave9099 said:

Just play games. I'm thrown by your need to justify yourself supporting a corporation. You spend 4 years on this board justifying your Xbox purchase by saying how great FIFA Legends is and how you spend hundreds or even thousands on the game, and now you're flipping to the other side.

People are capable of doing their own research and deciding which console is better, and once most have made up their mind they usually don't change it.

Buying and choosing a system is part of the fun imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

If lems truely believe a better performance for $100 more than the direct competitor platform and no exclusives will save the Xbox One they're in for a wake up call...

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@commander said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

Oh I agree, but Microsoft has failed so much this gen- from making the weaker system, to not putting out compelling first party content, to shutting down content, to losing marketing deals. I'm baffled at the amount of stubbornness people have on here to not see Sony has won this gen in both power and new content.

Despite all this the Xbox One has gotten the 3rd party games that matter, two great compilations in Rare Replay and Halo MCC, a handful of good "exclusive" games in Ori, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, and the Forzas, and BC is a nice feature, with only a few what I'd call essential games missing from the list. But it's still losing against Sony's 1st party, content deals, and power.

Last gen was much more interesting in that Microsoft was doing things to make it competitive. That was when it was fun. Now it's just people being annoying in either stubbornness or trolling or excessive haha we won threads.

Hopefully Microsoft invests in some more/new studios next gen and puts out the more powerful system to make it interesting again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@boycie said:

Thank Christ!

We'd nearly gone a whole 6 minute without a X1X vs PS4pro thread.

You saved us dude!

Lol, yeah surprised it took that long.

People really are dumb... IF YOU THINK THE XB1 X IS TOO EXPENSIVE, THEN DON'T BUY IT! IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR YOU! YOU DON'T NEED TO CREATE A THREAD EVERY 5 MINUTES TELLING THE WORLD & TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM OF THE SAME THING!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 commander

@drummerdave9099 said:
@commander said:

Oh I agree, but Microsoft has failed so much this gen- from making the weaker system, to not putting out compelling first party content, to shutting down content, to losing marketing deals. I'm baffled at the amount of stubbornness people have on here to not see Sony has won this gen in both power and new content.

Despite all this the Xbox One has gotten the 3rd party games that matter, two great compilations in Rare Replay and Halo MCC, a handful of good "exclusive" games in Ori, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, and the Forzas, and BC is a nice feature, with only a few what I'd call essential games missing from the list. But it's still losing against Sony's 1st party, content deals, and power.

Last gen was much more interesting in that Microsoft was doing things to make it competitive. That was when it was fun. Now it's just people being annoying in either stubbornness or trolling or excessive haha we won threads.

Hopefully Microsoft invests in some more/new studios next gen and puts out the more powerful system to make it interesting again.

That's where I think you're mistaken , how many people didn't say the first years of this gen, my ps4 is a dust collector. It's only recently that system started reaching for its potential.

That has a lot to do with timed exclusivity deals, the xboxone was not as good as the x360 by far, but that was also due to the lack of good multiplats. It was less boring to me because it got games like world of tanks and elite dangerous a lot sooner. It also has magic duels and fifa legends, and these are pretty much the only games I played this gen, apart from fallout 4.

But it was more than that , the xboxone did manage to put out more exclusives in the beginning as well. True some of them did release on the pc too but if you're a console gamer that isn't worth much.

It's only since 2016 and especially 2017 sony did get up to speed, with the timed exclusivity deals that expired and also high quality 1st party content. The fact that xboxone cancelled scalebound and doesn't really come up with something is now putting sony in the spotlight.

That's also the reason why I'm considering a ps4pro but like I said if the xboxone x was like 420 dollars, yeah then that would be another matter but 130$ more with nothing but with higher resolution multiplats, which won't show much difference in the beginning due to the checkerboard rendering on the ps4pro, is not very tempting.

The delay of red dead redemption isn't helping either, and nobody knows how demanding that game will be.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Wow wvlhat an original topic we have here. The X1X isn't meant for people who think $100 will break the bank, not MS fault if your broke. At least charts haven't shown up yet.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By commander

@nfamouslegend said:

Wow wvlhat an original topic we have here. The X1X isn't meant for people who think $100 will break the bank, not MS fault if your broke. At least charts haven't shown up yet.

wow what an intelligent comment we have here, excuse me while I wipe my ass with money, since I got enough of it already.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@commander: That's nice.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 commander

@nfamouslegend said:

@commander: That's nice.

I was being sarcastic but I'm sure you weren't able to grasp that either

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Just send an email to Xbox marketing team.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01

@commander said:

Cool blog bro. Now go get social.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By commander

@clone01 said:
@commander said:

Cool blog bro. Now go get social.

I'm not your bro, find your friends somewhere else

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@commander: Have you been to Best Buy lately in the TV section? It's all 4ks! Ask them for a 1080 and they will take you to the clearance section with all the scratch and dented washers and dryers.

$100 is a deal breaker? Sorry to hear that. But you do know 1080 tvs will see a bump as well from the 4k textures right?

This thing is a beast and I will be using it so much my microwave will be jealous.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

If you don't have a 4k TV then why would you bother with the Pro or the XBX in the first place, seeing as the whole draw of their additional power is their ability to output to 4k televisions?

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

If you don't have a 4k TV then why would you bother with the Pro or the XBX in the first place, seeing as the whole draw of their additional power is their ability to output to 4k televisions?

Hahahaha! This guy gets it! Xbox One X will do supersampling, so it'll benefit people who don't own a 4K HDTV.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ryu_silveira said:
@Ninja-Hippo said:

Hahahaha! This guy gets it! Xbox One X will do supersampling, so it'll benefit people who don't own a 4K HDTV.

The Pro also has enhancements for games that are not related to 4k resolution.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By commander

@pinkanimal said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@Ninja-Hippo said:

@the-a-baum said:

Have you been to Best Buy lately in the TV section? It's all 4ks! Ask them for a 1080 and they will take you to the clearance section with all the scratch and dented washers and dryers.

$100 is a deal breaker? Sorry to hear that. But you do know 1080 tvs will see a bump as well from the 4k textures right?

This thing is a beast and I will be using it so much my microwave will be jealous.

It's 130 where I live, I can get a ps4 pro for 370 and it's not necessarily about that 130 bucks. It's that I'm paying 130 bucks more on top of already the 270 I'm spending (If I trade in my old xbox for a 100$).

4k tv may be the norm in the shops, it's not in people's home's. I have now a 40 inch 1080p display that costed around a grand. I bought it second handed last year for about 120$. The tv is 5-6 years old, but it plays 1080p content better than cheap 4k tv. I'm sure there are tons of people out there who are in a similar situation and not willing to upgrade yet, especially because these tv's dropped so much in value and still do their job quite well.

I have seen 4k tv-content and it looks great but not that great that I need to buy a new tv for it. I'm not even sure the streaming and tv services I have now output 4k content, not without paying extra anyway and certainly not all content. I'm not saying I won't buy a 4k tv in the near future, but even then, the checkerboard rendering on the ps4 pro has been proven to be quite good and the X1X doesn't have any special content in the near future, it doesn't even have vr, something that the ps4 pro will also benefit from, and I have to spend 130$ less.

That's the whole point of this thread, the ps4 pro is not a bad deal for xbox one owners. It has a lot of content that isn't on the xbox, and it is significantly cheaper. Not to mention it has a lot new content in the near future.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I can see your point. It's silly people are giving you crap for it.

The X1X is for those people that want the most powerful tech at the given time which it will be (for a year or two). If that isn't you then I can see why the pro would be appealing.

I was pretty interested in the X1X because of power/tech hype but I'd be remiss if I didn't admit it was quite disappointing that Forza is the show piece (not a racing game guy). It was a good MS E3 but if I'm honest the only really impressive X1X showpiece I've seen (I mean graphics/power - yeah they have other games but nothing that pushes that console in any dramatic way) is Forza 7 which I'll never touch.

I doubt I'll buy a pro as it's not enough of a leap either. Nothing has been jaw dropping enough difference from its base model to scream "upgrade!".

If GT and Forza are going to be the talk/battlegrounds of holiday season then myself nor anyone I know are the target market for either "powerful" upgrade.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@Ninja-Hippo said:

Are you talking about boost mode?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By QuadKnight

@ryu_silveira said:
@pinkanimal said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@Ninja-Hippo said:

No, he's talking about super-sampling and other enhancements that make it into Pro patched games.

You don't need a 4KTV to benefit from super-sampling and other graphical upgrades that pro-patched PS4 games get.

Boost mode is for games that don't get patches.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01

@commander: you sure are being an unsocial bro, bro. Cool blog.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 commander

@quadknight said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@pinkanimal said:
@ryu_silveira said:

No, he's talking about super-sampling and other enhancements that make it into Pro patched games.

You don't need a 4KTV to benefit from super-sampling and other graphical upgrades that pro-patched PS4 games get.

boost mode isn't bad for most games I heard, fallout 4 for instance runs a lot better with boost mode.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By commander

@clone01 said:

@commander: you sure are being an unsocial bro, bro. Cool blog.

I'm not the one trolling here

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I think it's a problem that people are so fixated on tearing down the other team they often refuse to see room for improvement in their own. Like some of the comments with the Switch App the other day - how anyone can pretend that is just great is beyond me. Here, we have Commander who is a strong XBox supporter (and presumably will continue to be) voicing a very specific concern that has certainly been echoed by others on the web, and fellow supporters want to turn on him for "stepping out of line". IMO, a good way to support your brand is to applaud its good moves, but also to push it to continue to improve, instead of...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@pinkanimal said:

boost mode isn't bad for most games I heard, fallout 4 for instance runs a lot better with boost mode.

True, boost mode is actually pretty good. It allows me to play older PS4 games like BF4 and GTA5 in MP with much steadier framerates than on the regular PS4.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By commander

@xantufrog: thanks man at least some people realize this isn't your standard fanboy thread. I never thought I would say this, but at this point apart from the obvious power difference (which you also pay for) the xboxone x doesn't have many advantages. You can play older xbox titles but most people already played those titles.

Apart from the controller and premium priced hardware there's really nothing that makes the xbox one x stand out at the moment, on the contrary , it has a major disadvantage in terms of content. I know it's a slogan for sony fans, 'xbox has no exclusives' which wasn't exactly true, until now. Now they're actually right and if the xboxone x was priced very competitive, it wouldn't actually be that bad, but we all know that isn't the case.

500 bucks is pricey, and xboxone owners looking for an upgrade will take a long look at that sharply priced ps4 pro, I'm quite sure of that.