I think Sony just murdered Nintendo . The Fall of the Wii is now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
Seriously wow color me impressed and wow I can already see Nintendo's 5 month empire crumbling cause Sony not only killed Nintendo yesterday they beat them at their own game

Sony's Home - I watched the trailer and It makes The whole "Mii" System look like a pile of crap. Now that PS3 basically has better looking, more interactive, and better designed Mii's who the hell wants to go back to Dreamcast graphics with their undealed horrible looking and badly design Miis ? Flat out Sony killed the Mii's

Big Little Word - OMFG ?!? Am I the only one who saw this ? Is this not the most innovative , charming, creative game in the recent memory ? This look not only look not only more innovative than anything the entire Wii console has shown IT FLAT OUT LOOKS MORE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell it looks like a game you'd expect from Miyamoto himself. And not only did the art direction look great but the graphics were superb. Sony Just beat Nintendo , with a Nintendoish Game.

Nintendo you just got owned , glad I sold my wii
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Home is not a rip of Mii as it has been in development every since 2005 maybe before.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=14848&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thug_Pikachu
Home is not a rip of Mii as it has been in development every since 2005 maybe before.InfamousC
I never said it was a Rip of Mii, I said it destroys Mii
Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

Seriously wow color me impressed and wow I can already see Nintendo's 5 month empire crumbling cause Sony not only killed Nintendo yesterday they beat them at their own game

Sony's Home - I watched the trailer and It makes The whole "Mii" System look like a pile of crap. Now that PS3 basically has better looking, more interactive, and better designed Mii's who the hell wants to go back to Dreamcast graphics with their undealed horrible looking and badly design Miis ? Flat out Sony killed the Mii's

Big Little Word - OMFG ?!? Am I the only one who saw this ? Is this not the most innovative , charming, creative game in the recent memory ? This look not only look not only more innovative than anything the entire Wii console has shown IT FLAT OUT LOOKS MORE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell it looks like a game you'd expect from Miyamoto himself. And not only did the art direction look great but the graphics were superb. Sony Just beat Nintendo , with a Nintendoish Game.

Thug_Pikachu

Whats the fuss about LBP...I watched the vid...Whats so innovative about it..Lets start from there.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Thug_Pikachu
what is your beef with the wii? it's a decent system, get over yourself.
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
How in the world did Sony kill Nintendo yesterday with an announcement? Or even beat Nintendo at their own game? I doubt non-gamers give a crap about Home and I assure you casuals don't. When the PS3 has great immersive games that are easy to pick up and play, short quirky ones. Then they have just owned Nintendo at their own game.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
Erm... The Sticky? It's funny how PSHome and LBW is the knight in shining armor to destroy the Wii yet games like Motostorm are meer pesants. In honesty, I like both of these concepts. But in no way does it destroy the Wii.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
when will it be out? i don't think this will hamper the wii. ppl didn't buy the wii to play second life.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Yes, Home looks cool, and LBP looks very fun, but... $599
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
I agree with some of the stuff your saying, LBP does look real good,nott $600 dollars good though.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 InfamousC

[QUOTE="InfamousC"]Home is not a rip of Mii as it has been in development every since 2005 maybe before.Thug_Pikachu
I never said it was a Rip of Mii, I said it destroys Mii

You said they beat Nintendo at their own game. That would mean they would have copied them but they didn't. It's not Nintendo's game it's Sony's game.

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
at least nintendo is affordable and actually has good games, along with M$. $599=Nintendo Wins
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thug_Pikachu

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]Seriously wow color me impressed and wow I can already see Nintendo's 5 month empire crumbling cause Sony not only killed Nintendo yesterday they beat them at their own game

Secretidentity

Whats the fuss about LBP...I watched the vid...Whats so innovative about it..Lets start from there.

unlimited possiblities for puzzles
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Mmhmm.

First you were anti-Sony. Then you were anti-PC. Now you're anti-Nintendo. Either you're a lemming who for some reason directs his fanboyish hate at one competitor at a time, or you're ripping off Gingerdivid.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

You know what your right just because of home...Nintendo will now lose they might has well not make Mario, SSBB, or MP...Sony home is just better than the Miis

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teh_Stevz

Mmhmm.

First you were anti-Sony. Then you were anti-PC. Now you're anti-Nintendo. Either you're a lemming who for some reason directs his fanboyish hate at one competitor at a time, or you're ripping off Gingerdivid.

Tsug_Ze_Wind
I was thinking the same thing.
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thug_Pikachu
Sounds like you're trying to justify getting rid of your Wii.Jandurin
I justified it by the fact all the games are crap outside of Zelda 3 weeks ago
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I swear, I really think there are people being paid to post here for certain companies.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
I swear, I really think there are people being paid to post here for certain companies. majadamus
lol same.
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thug_Pikachu

You know what your right just because of home...Nintendo will now lose they might has well not make Mario, SSBB, or MP...Sony home is just better than the Miis

HarlockJC

Mario,SSB,MP sounds like the GC lineup :?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
So lets ignore the fact that Sony barely made any gaming announcements outside of a "Lost Vikings" remake with cute characters and an online chat program that looks like Second Life sans the property purchase feature.

Don't get me wrong, props to Sony but I would hardly call this news "The Nintendo Killer."
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MavsFan2007
home may be cool and all but PS3=$599. Mabey thats why Nintendo is winning. hmm....
tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts
TC, I'm starting to see why the cows have been attacked so much for the PS3s problems. Tone down the rhetoric, man. If this doesn't translate into sales and exclusives, you are setting yourself up for future "ownage".

Of course you could be a fakeboy.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InfamousC

So lets ignore the fact that Sony barely made any gaming announcements outside of a "Lost Vikings" remake with cute characters and an online chat program that looks like Second Life sans the property purchase feature.

Don't get me wrong, props to Sony but I would hardly call this news "The Nintendo Killer."
Redmoonxl2

Yes, let's ignore it because that is now what GDC is about. That's what E3 is for.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
*sigh*. I disagree........
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#28 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
Yes, Home looks cool, and LBP looks very fun, but... $599hazbazz
Beat me to it.  But TC, it's LittleBigPlanet on Big Little Word :lol:
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MavsFan2007
Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?cakeorrdeath
the cows are desperate enough to bring this up.lol. somebody is upset Nintendo is winning.lol
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

How does one corporate name brand murder another? And who would one call to investigate the murder? Is there a specific devision that detacates itself to these crimes? Or are there independant businesses that handle these types of situations.

This can only raise more questions...

If Microsoft murders Sony, what would happen to Sony's children? Would there be an adoption center that would take care of SCE? Is there some sort of foster orgonisation that would be put in charge? I think we really need to look into this matter because this is the first murder I've ever heard of like this...

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Sony Just beat Nintendo , with a Nintendoish Game. Thug_Pikachu
Notice anything weird about that sentence? Oh yeah, it makes no damn sense!
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thug_Pikachu
Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?cakeorrdeath
Halo and XBL crushed GC
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thug_Pikachu
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?MavsFan2007
the cows are desperate enough to bring this up.lol. somebody is upset Nintendo is winning.lol

Yes Nintendo is winning while behind by over 5 million to M$ :roll:
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?Thug_Pikachu
Halo and XBL crushed GC

Crushed? Didn't the GCN come slightly ahead of the Xbox in sales? If it was the other way around, the point is "slightly". There is a reason why you're a Naruto fan.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Thug_Pikachu

No one can deny the empire has certainly struck back. Lets just hope the Jedi do not return afterwards.

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 88Ghost89
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Thug_Pikachu

And Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Ratchet and Clank sound like the PS2 lineup.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
They both look sweet, but everyone's blowing it out of proportion. Think, it's a tool that's like a lobby from Phantasy Star Online, and a sandbox game. They both look good, but they'll hardly define a console.
Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="Secretidentity"]

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]Seriously wow color me impressed and wow I can already see Nintendo's 5 month empire crumbling cause Sony not only killed Nintendo yesterday they beat them at their own game

Thug_Pikachu

Whats the fuss about LBP...I watched the vid...Whats so innovative about it..Lets start from there.

unlimited possiblities for puzzles

Man everything in LBP has been done before..Co-op play? Done before. Level Designing? Done before...I just dont see why this game is the almighty and most innovative thing ever..Its looks very very good,and the art use is beautiful, thats a fact but seriously people are starting to hype this thing too much...

People just saw one video and they're going crazy....Super Paper Mario looks more impressive to me, watch some vids of it..It still remains one of the most impressive looking gaming, from an artisitic point of view..This game has a very distinct look and unique artstyl, nothing else looks like  it....Plus its innovative..its the first game ever to use 2-D to 3-D perspective switching, and the way it implents this mechanic is impressive..

LBP looks good, but the hype is getting quite ridiculous...

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Teh_Stevz
"Massive Damage" has been applied, apparently. I really wonder if I should let them continue the way their going or give them a warning of such?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?Thug_Pikachu
Halo and XBL crushed GC

The Xbox has sold a very similar amount to the Gamecube. And neither Halo or Live had nothing to do with the GC lack of sucess.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
After looking at the Home thing I'd say it looks cool. It really reminds me of a sims online with Sims 2 graphics But I think you PS3 people are over hyping how good it is. Sure it could be good but I am 100% sure this alone will not change the course of the PS3 right now. The PS3 needs a Price Drop and better games to come out before things would start chaning. The Wii right now is unstoppable. I think you guys a judging it to pre-maturly. Also Is it even coming out this year?
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Thug_Pikachu
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

88Ghost89

actually its sounds like the PSP lineup but exactly whats your point ?
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 88Ghost89
[QUOTE="88Ghost89"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Thug_Pikachu

actually its sounds like the PSP lineup but exactly whats your point ?

...Well...what was your point?

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

How does one corporate name brand murder another? And who would one call to investigate the murder?

88Ghost89

Duh.
Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
Well it depends... When in bed yesterday I thought back to the following: Me and 5 of my friends played Wii last saturday. So, we only played Wii Sports and had lots of fun especially with boxing, bowling and tennis. Then we started to create Mii's for everyone. The thing I noticed is how everyone was laughing when a small change was made. And some very weird Mii's were created. The Mii's have the fun part. That's for sure. PS3 creates much more realistic avatars for their PSH. Would the fun still be in there? I'm really impressed by Home though. This is what the cows needed. Alright Little Big Planet. Seems like much fun but seriously it would have been much more if it had enemies or something. The level designing is very interesting though.
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Thug_Pikachu
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Thsi thread is a little rediculous. One game (comming out in a years time) and a yet to be released online community features are going to crush a system?cakeorrdeath
Halo and XBL crushed GC

The Xbox has sold a very similar amount to the Gamecube. And neither Halo or Live had nothing to do with the GC lack of sucess.

uh yeah GC lacked good shooters and online , so gamers went else where
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]How in the world did Sony kill Nintendo yesterday with an announcement? Or even beat Nintendo at their own game? I doubt non-gamers give a crap about Home and I assure you casuals don't. When the PS3 has great immersive games that are easy to pick up and play, short quirky ones. Then they have just owned Nintendo at their own game.

Exactly. Not to mention $500 - $600 for the console vs. the Wii's $250.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cakeorrdeath
uh yeah GC lacked good shooters and online , so gamers went else whereThug_Pikachu

So did the PS2. Didn't do much to its sales did it
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

88Ghost89

could not have said it better myself

It does not change the fact that I could not get those games on a GC......

Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thug_Pikachu
[QUOTE="buuzer0"][QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]How in the world did Sony kill Nintendo yesterday with an announcement? Or even beat Nintendo at their own game? I doubt non-gamers give a crap about Home and I assure you casuals don't. When the PS3 has great immersive games that are easy to pick up and play, short quirky ones. Then they have just owned Nintendo at their own game.

Exactly. Not to mention $500 - $600 for the console vs. the Wii's $250.

why is price an issue . The Wii isnt current gen Hardware thus the price