I smell a lawsuit.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

Anyone read this?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6246921.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=hot-stories&tag=hot-stories;title;3

Check out the top right coner, look familiar?

Talk about a blatant rip off of Sony's Controller layout. To make matters worse, this second rate rip-off is going to be included with the New Monster Hunter Game coming out on the Wii. It should be noted that the original Monster Hunter Debuted on the PS2. So lets review, Nintendo just threw out the biggest middle finger by not only snagging a "should be" exclusive from the PS3 but they also managed to package a wannabe Playstation controller with it. I smell foul play and I have lost a lot of respect for Nintendo(not like they deserve any respect this gen).

I think Sony should do something about this.

metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

You have a good nose to smell a lawsuit >.>

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

Anyone read this?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6246921.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=hot-stories&tag=hot-stories;title;3

Talk about a blatant rip off of Sony's Controller layout. To make matters worse, this second rate rip-off is going to be included with the New Monster Hunter Game coming out on the Wii. It should be noted that the original Monster Hunter Debuted on the PS2. So lets review, Nintendo just threw out the biggest middle finger by not only snagging a "should be" exclusive from the PS3 but they also managed to package a wannabe Playstation controller with it. I smell foul play and I have lost a lot of respect for Nintendo(not like they deserve any respect this gen).

sparkypants

Yeah right. Nintendo's fault that MH3 is coming to the Wii, nothing to do with the developer, Capcom, at all. Capcom has already said that PS3 development for MH3 would be too expensive.

Who cares? I know the Japanese version of Tri came with the black clasic (sorry about the spelling) controller and I wanted it. Now I'll get it.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

You don't have a really good sense of smell isn't?

:D

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sparkypants

[QUOTE="sparkypants"]

Anyone read this?

AndyAlfredo

Yeah right. Nintendo's fault that MH3 is coming to the Wii, nothing to do with the developer, Capcom, at all. Capcom has already said that PS3 development for MH3 would be too expensive.

Who cares? I know the Japanese version of Tri came with the black clasic (sorry about the spelling) controller and I wanted it. Now I'll get it.

You missed the point entirely. It's not about the game, its about the controller. It's a total rip off of the Playstation Controller.
Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts

Idk, looks like a gamecube controller.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Japan has had this Controller for awhile now. I doubt Sony of Japan will allow Sony of America to sue Nintendo for the Controller.

Heck the Controller doesn't even have an L3 or an R3.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

You should blow your nose.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

This definitly should go to court.

not.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Yes because Sony has never ever ripped anyone else off before.....

They just modified the classic controller and it has been around for awhile now, if there was going to be a lawsuit we would have seen it by now....

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

It just added 2 shoulder pad and grips to make the game more comfortable to play. Other than that it's nearly identical to the classic controller.

(It also a bit bulkier)

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
nintendo agreed not to sue them for the wand
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sparkypants
nintendo agreed not to sue them for the wandGunSmith1_basic
Nah, I look at the "arc", as an improvement(you know with depth perception and all that fun stuff) while I see this new controller as a clunky excuse for a Playstation Controller.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

nintendo agreed not to sue them for the wandGunSmith1_basic

Yeah this, The Sony Arc is basically a rip off of the Wii Mote.

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

[QUOTE="sparkypants"]

Anyone read this?

sparkypants

You missed the point entirely. It's not about the game, its about the controller. It's a total rip off of the Playstation Controller.

No, I get the point, but it's just a controller, which, by the way, is no where near the quality of a DS3. It's just a reshaped classic controller. Anyway, this controller came out with Tri in Japan, which was 6 months ago. Wouldn't we have already seen a lawsuit?

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]nintendo agreed not to sue them for the wandsparkypants
Nah, I look at the "arc", as an improvement(you know with depth perception and all that fun stuff) while I see this new controller as a clunky excuse for a Playstation Controller.

Cause Wii Motion Plus doesn't already do everything the Arc does....

Drop this whole fanboy argument cause it is going no where quickly...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I have a Logitech PC controller that looks like a Dual Shock far more than this black Ninty controller does. Relax man.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Eh? What? Looks like a Classic Controller with grips and two additional(?) shoulder buttons. I guess Nintendo should sue everyone for ripping off their shoulder button invention. And the analog stick, I think. No more shoulder buttons and sticks for you! Wouldn't it be terrible if patents worked like that?
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sparkypants

kejigoto

Like I said before, Depth perception. There is no fan boy argument because what Nintendo did is blatantly obvious. For starters the controller is coming with a game that started on the PS2. You don't think Nintendo was trying to say something with this? Then there's just the whole layout of the controller. Then there's the fact that the controller looks nothing like Nintendo has ever done before so how can it be considered C-lassic? At least the first one resembled the SNES.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Dude, did you know the PS controller has the same layout as the SNES controller? The only differences are the extra buttons (L2, L3, R2, R3) and the two analog sticks. But other than that, it's pretty much the same as the SNES controller.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Nintendo should sue Sony for stealing the 4 face button idea..... and the start and select button idea... and the going into the gaming buisness idea.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
Why did Capcom slap PS3 owners in the face by releasing this on Wii instead? I don't own a Wii but this game looks pretty good.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Nintendo should sue Sony for stealing the 4 face button idea..... and the start and select button idea... and the going into the gaming buisness idea.

sparkypants

Actually that last one was Nintendo's own fault. Don't get mad I'm just saying.

Also, I couldn't hold it in anymore but, its called a "comma". Please use it.

Your thinking of "quotes" sunny, and no, I wont use them. I dont like them. Im crazy and Sonys a biter.

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sparkypants
Why did Capcom slap PS3 owners in the face by releasing this on Wii instead? I don't own a Wii but this game looks pretty good.jakarai
Some BS claim about being games being to expensive to develop on a PS3. After that statement they have managed to develop Street Fighter IV(along with the Super SFIV), RE5, Dead Rising 2 and I'm sure there is more I just don't care enough to look.
nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
I guess TC or anyone who claims Nintendo copies PS2/PS3 controller obviously never held a Snes/Nes controller before.
fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
Why did Capcom slap PS3 owners in the face by releasing this on Wii instead? I don't own a Wii but this game looks pretty good.jakarai
You can have it when there is a RE5 & SF4 wii
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="sparkypants"] Actually that last one was Nintendo's own fault. Don't get mad I'm just saying.

Also, I couldn't hold it in anymore but, its called a "comma". Please use it.

sparkypants

Your thinking of "quotes" sunny, and no, I wont use them. I dont like them. Im crazy and Sonys a biter.

No I'm thinking of "commas." You were using ellipses(...) and it was getting ridiculous. Also, don't get mad at Sony for becoming a company after Nintendo's slip up.

Who are you?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I don't think it would have gotten this far is they didn't think it was wrong :? I just see a black controller i don't see how that's a lawsuit..............that's like Apple suing people because they make white accessories.
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sparkypants

I guess TC or anyone who claims Nintendo copies PS2/PS3 controller obviously never held a Snes/Nes controller before. nchan

Nope Never!

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#33 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Blatant rip off of sony's controller? I don't know...

Suoer Nintendo Controller

All sony did was aff handle bars and analogue sticks. If some one was going to be sued, it would be Sony, and it would have happened years ago.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

You need to get your nose check.

The way I see it, the grip handles are straight from the GC pad. And the layout buttons are very reminicent to the SNES. Plus, it looks sweet.

This coming from a guy who's not exactly a fan of the Wii.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Idk, looks like a gamecube controller.

Hathesulacon
looks like the snes with 2 sticks to me
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Suoer Nintendo Controller

Selfexplanatory.

I'd like to thank Glitchspot for disallowing the typing of "****c", forcing me to rehost the damned images. What's weird is the word wasn't censored in my previous post.

[QUOTE="kejigoto"][QUOTE="sparkypants"] Like I said before, Depth perception. There is no fan boy argument because what Nintendo did is blatantly obvious. For starters the controller is coming with a game that started on the PS2. You don't think Nintendo was trying to say something with this? Then there's just the whole layout of the controller. Then there's the fact that the controller looks nothing like Nintendo has ever done before so how can it be considered C-lassic? At least the first one resembled the SNES.sparkypants

The game has nothing to do with this, just because a game got its start on one platform doesn't mean the original platform needs to get all upset when the game shifts to another platform. Besides did you miss the news? Monster Hunter is coming to the 360 as well.

This boils down to pure fanboy complaints. Monster Hunter got its start on a Sony platform, so what? Should Nintendo be up in and go all sue happy whenever a new Final Fantasy comes out that isn't on a Nintendo platform?

I'm not mad about MH3 going to the wii, it's the fact the game comes with a controller that looks SUPRISINGLY like a Playstation controller. That doesn't strike you as odd, like someone somewhere was trying to say something?

No. It is just you.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
You should get your nose checked out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

[QUOTE="sparkypants"]

Anyone read this?

sparkypants

What you forget is that the Sony controller itself is a total rip off of the SNES controller... does that make you lose ANY RESPECT for Sony? And the way you harp on about it, it's like it's Nintendo's fault Capcom decidedd to make MH3 a Wii exclusive. Sheesh man. Change your sig. It's incongruous with your forum posts.
miless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 miless
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts

That doesnt look anything like the PS3 controller

If Sony is suing anybody it should be all the small hardware manufacturers that make PS3 replica controllers for the PC

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
What's all this about copying controllers?
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

Anyone read this?

sparkypants

so what? it's not exactly the same.

it's fat dualshock.

WAJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WAJ
Member since 2003 • 771 Posts
I don't see the problem...Sony AND MS are basically copying Nintendo's motion controller for their respective systems. If anyone should have a gripe, it should be Nintendo. Oh, and it looks more like an N64 pad to me.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

df

MAH SPIDEY SENSES BE TINGLING.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Anyone read this?

sparkypants
you do realise nintendo actually owns the patent for the D-pad don't you, and i am sorry, that controller doesn't look close enough to the DS3 to warrant a lawsuit
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

It's not really worth a lawsuit. I mean, sure it's most blatant copying of a controller I've ever seen but it's not like Sony's original PS control didn't have a button layout based on the snes. It's a good design. Sony should be flattered that Nintendo is using their controller design.

[QUOTE="sparkypants"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]nintendo agreed not to sue them for the wandkejigoto

The arc operates entirely differently.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

df

MAH SPIDEY SENSES BE TINGLING.

Vesica_Prime

i dont think its cool to post adult "toys" here

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I fixed this image:

Edited to include wavebird.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

[QUOTE="sparkypants"]

Anyone read this?

sparkypants

Sony ripped off their every controller from nintendo, why the hell would they lawsuit them?