Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Random_Matt: This forum and website loves to hate on Sony? 😂 Don't be silly 😐

The responses above your post proves that there could be some merit to it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

@Random_Matt: This forum and website loves to hate on Sony? 😂 Don't be silly 😐

The responses above your post proves that there could be some merit to it.

General statements are not equal to the opinion of one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#53 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Cows consider someone giving an 8 or 9 to a Sony game a display of hate.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

Yeah wether or not I’d agree about it deserving a 10 score, I can definitely see the potential overall going forward.

That’s why I’m interested to see what the developers will do with Spider-Man 2 on PS5 in Q4, 2021.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts
@Willy105 said:

I think its great that Marvel has an answer to Batman now.

Don't like that it's Sony exclusive though.

The most honest answer here.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

Good game. A solid 8 for me personally. As others stated MJ bits were boring along with the doc ock puzzles and it was just starting to wear out its welcome near the end. Great traversal the best of any Spriderman so far and they paid real good fan service with all the different suits and abilities from the comic book universe. I feel that Batman Arkham Asylum felt more fulfilling and left a more long lasting impression when it comes to comic book superheroes on release.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@i_p_daily: lol... 15% complete? Get real.

Are you saying you can't form an opinion with a 15% completion? That's what a few hours into the game, sounds like plenty of time to form a solid opinion.

If its a 10 for you then ok, but you're in the minority here.

I'm not going to give it any score because I would never play it because Spider-Man is a shithouse character, but then again so are all "superheroes"

So yeah the gif was appropriate as you said he never played it as a defence when he clearly did.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22741 Posts

@i_p_daily: he basically played the opening. No I don't think that's enough time.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3077 Posts

Like most, I would give this game an 8. Had some cool stuff and some weak stuff, but overall pretty good. It gets a 10 in city traversal by way of web slinging, that's for sure.

I think a cool idea would be to have a time mechanic. Make it to where Peter only has so much time in the day to deal with all his problems. For instance have Shocker robbing a bank on one side of the city, while an anti police rally is taking place somewhere else, and then a scheduled date with Mary Jane. And If you sluff off those obligations there are corresponding repercussions, like not taking down Shocker gives Spiderman bad publicity, so that the populous yells negative comments and puts up anti Spiderman signs throughout the city, and shocker (and his minions if he has them) becomes stronger and more brazen in his crimes. If you don't help the police then they will start trying to capture you or at least stop supporting you. With Mary Jane she becomes fed up with your absence and moves on. Something that varies how you actually play the game and gives you a better sense of what Peter Parker goes through. And you would have varied endings for multiple playthroughs or friend discussions, seeing how their game turned out.

This is an aside, but the pigeon chase needs to be fixed. Other games have this problem as well, but if I am smart enough to plan my attack on these winged rats, then I should be able to avoid the ensuing predestined chase. It's a boring sidequest, but if I could've grabbed them right off the bat because of careful planning, it might not have left such a bad taste in my mouth.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Not with that combat system it aint.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10475 Posts

i ran out of steam with it and stopped playing. just too close to ubisoft games for my liking. too much repetition, recycling and filler. lots of "safety first" game design, very little exploring new territory. reminded me a bit of ac1 which gave you parkour skills and a beautiful and climbable open world to go explore but most of the time had you eavesdropping, pickpocketing or collecting flags. chasing pigeons and backpacks for upgrade tokens were similarly downright tedious and lacking in imagination. the amount of grinding required for unlockables just wasn't worth it. would get a 7 at best from me

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I thought it was a great game Definitely one of my favorites of 2018. As others said, my issue was the MJ/Miles sections.

Swinging around Manhattan was fantastic. Overall an 8/10. I feel like if you are a Spider-Man fan, than this game delivers.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

I've made two attempts to finish it, came up short both times. It's fun for a while, but it's repetitive and I was using fast travel just to try and get it over with as fast as possible. Not a ten in my book, probably eight if I'm being kind.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@TheEroica: Bullshit. You don’t get 17 trophies with the opening. 15% trophies =/= 15% completion either you liar.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

I loved it. Didnt care for the MJ/miles portions though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@i_p_daily: he basically played the opening. No I don't think that's enough time.

So by just completing the opening you get 15% completion, damn must be a very short game then lol.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#67  Edited By strategyfn  Online
Member since 2012 • 1179 Posts

Yeah, I give it an 8/10 after 12 hours with it. I’m being a tiny bit generous.

The combat with common thugs is boring and repetitive although I enjoyed the web shooting. They should’ve added the ability to punch the body. They should’ve stolen the idea of “dead eye” mode and called it something else. My latter idea may not work but it’s not up to me to fix the combat. Played the game too long ago, maybe Spider sense is like DE mode but I don’t think you can target specific body parts.

I didn’t mind the one MJ mission I had.

No offence OP but reading this game should get a 10/10 is comedic gold.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@TheEroica: Batman wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#69 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@dimebag667: You have some cool ideas there. Would definitely help with how shallow the world felt.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

I feel like it definitely isn't. Looks like a 7/10 or so.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#71  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's better than the other recent superhero games. Arkham Asylum may be better overall.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Juub1990

@strategyfn: Exactly. He might think the game is a 10 but he sure did a piss poor job at advertising as such with his OP.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

10 is perfect - without flaw. The highest possible rating (assuming the highest number is 10 in the metric). If the OP had flaws, then it’s not a 10. What’s to argue for 2 pages about?

Give it an 8 or a 9, but it’s not a 10 if you admittedly glance over your flaws.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Juub1990
@Sevenizz said:

10 is perfect - without flaw. The highest possible rating (assuming the highest number is 10 in the metric). If the OP had flaws, then it’s not a 10. What’s to argue for 2 pages about?

Give it an 8 or a 9, but it’s not a 10 if you admittedly glance over your flaws.

Then a 10 in that case is impossible to award.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@Juub1990: Not really.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I give Spiderman 8-9

The mechanics are great, web slinging feels great, stealth sections were filler, puzzles in lab were also filler, also the dlc for the game was a joke for what they charged.. They tried to milk it to hard

Imo alot of the "dlc" should have been in the game from the get go

I bought it at launch, beat it, realized what they were doing with the DLC, traded it in towards smash ultimate, was a great decision, I regret nothing

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Juub1990

@Sevenizz: How is a game supposed to be flawless? You’ll always have something to complain about.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I always think of 10 being infinity, nothing deserves 10. They should implement a scale where every .1 after 9 is twice as good as the score before it or something. If you start handing out 10's and something comes along that is better than that game in every way what would you give it?

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts
@Juub1990 said:
@TheEroica said:

that didn't make any sense.

You admit to a bunch of faults and it being nothing new and like those dime a dozen open-world games and then proceed to give it a 10? Yeah no. If we didn't have a million open-world games some of which does stuff better I could agree but nah.

Also lol at giving a 10 against its contemporaries. It's another open-world game. Next please.

I agree. He says it's a 10 but his review sounds like an 8. 😂

The best part of Spider-Man to me was just traversing through the city; web-slinging. The visuals looked nice, was playing this on my Pro on an OLED. The overall sound in-game was good. The story was decent at best and what hurts the game the most for me was the repetitiveness. The first few hours were fine but eventually, I'm like 😴

I did beat the game as well, almost got platinum but the only trophy I needed was doing 100% of the city which the only thing would have been cleaning up the 50+ thug crimes I had left which I was not going to succumb to...lmao.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3036 Posts

Literally just got the platinum for it. Great game but I would lean towards an 8 or 9. The Mj and Miles stealth sections drag down the otherwise perfect pace.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UItravioIence

@dagubot: so you didn't do any crimes? You missed out on so many awesome suits and powers.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

@ten_pints said:

I always think of 10 being infinity, nothing deserves 10. They should implement a scale where every .1 after 9 is twice as good as the score before it or something. If you start handing out 10's and something comes along that is better than that game in every way what would you give it?

A 10. The earlier 10 already got a 10, let it be. Unless you're saying we should go back to games and their scores and change them as more games comes out. Which would be retarded.

Lots of people in here thinking a 10 is perfect and shouldn't be given to any game. That's a stance to have, I guess. But there's no right or wrong here, acting like there is is just silly.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Macutchi

@uitravioience said:

@dagubot: so you didn't do any crimes? You missed out on so many awesome suits and powers.

this is one of the main issues i had with the game. so much content hidden behind grindwalls

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@TheEroica: raise your standards

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 UItravioIence

@Macutchi: I really didn't feel like anything was grinding. I did like a few thug missions on the way to the main ones. Never really felt the grind at all. I kind of feel like people just want things handed to them now.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Macutchi

@uitravioience said:

@Macutchi: I really didn't feel like anything was grinding. I did like a few thug missions on the way to the main ones. Never really felt the grind at all. I kind of feel like people just want things handed to them now.

it's not about an expectation of rewards just being handed to the player. it's to do with games asking the player to complete large volumes of repetitive and mundane tasks for the sole purpose of unlocking content. there's no other reason for that shit to be in the game.

locating hidden backpacks, capturing pigeons, and most of the other token rewarding content in spiderman very much falls into that bracket. i see it as lazy game design and very much the definition of video game grinding. cool that you didn't feel it was grindy some people are immune to it

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

For it me its more like a 7, whilst the traversing and the combat was very good the whole game is very monotonous. The story apart from doc ock was dull, side missions apart from the lairs were dull (especially the harry ones), MJ/Miles sections were awful, boss fights were underwhelming.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@ellos said:

Insomniac are a solid dev, give them enough funding and they can put together a AAA game. Spiderman is not my thing I just dislike the Batman combat in general. It looks well put together although I think they should lean in on the THPS aspect more. Put together a full system of webbing around the city in style with some sort of scoreboard.

you be surprise how different it feels from playing batman. spiderman plays so much faster in combat.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Some people just like latex I guess.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

I feel like the Web Head is dead.

lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

days gone to me is my ten but i can only give it an 8 because of all the bugs. i had to start over once i got to the last mission because my hdd went. but im loving it so much Im having fun replaying it. plus im doing much better this play thru.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

I'm 80% in, the game visually is amazing and the story is fantastic. Its production is among the best I've seen in the industry. But the beef I have is with how repititve the game is and I feel that the pacing isn't good. This is my gripe with most open-world games. Still 8/10.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#93 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Damn, a lot of people here have sticks up their butts....

10 doesn't mean perfect, and game reviewing is based on opinion and is subjective. That being said I can definitely see why people would give Spiderman PS4 a 10.

It's polished, has amazing controls, makes traversal fun, great Comic Book story, beautiful graphics, fantastic sound, wonderful presentation. I could go on, you can also make the argument that it's the best super hero game ever made.

I would personally give it a 9, maybe 9.5. Only because the side missions got a little repetitive.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

No way in hell is Spiderman a 10. I just started playing it a couple of weeks ago, about 30 hours in or so.

Its combat it extremely fun and well made. Story is okay. non-spiderman chapters fucking suck.

Overall on my higher-standard scale it's a 6/10, but in the 'gaming scale' it's a solid 8.5/10.

Not a 10 by any means.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Willy105:

Not really. Spiderman is a 'good' 8/10. game.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are two of the greatest games ever made. both 9.5/10s.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@TheEroica: I'm playing the game as well ... never got the chance as of now ... i'm around 60% of the story (after THAT guy is arrested) ... and i have to say, as much as i'm loving the story, the characters (MJ and Peter chemistry is pretty good) and the gameplay (i feel exactly like you, haven't fast travel once and don't intend to) ... is not a 10 for me.

The reasons are the filler activities you found on the map ... they are kind of ... boring and tediouse ... like, collect a pidgeon, collect backpacks, go through a bunch of clouds (really?), collect this and collect that ... and while other open world games do the same, i feel this one in particular is lacking in that regard because you have this amazing gameplay and we are stuck collecting stuff.

Also, the secondary missions kind of sucks as well, i would have love to see more villians here and there, like some B class bad guys in much more interesting secundary missions.

Last but not least ... the stealth missions are meh ... and i'm not talking about those sections with MJ, those are fine. I'm talking about those bases where you have to take out a bunch of bad guys ... i would have love the chance to actually pass the entire mission via stealth, instead of figthing each time

Now, with that being said ... the game is amazing ... the first time you are in full control and begin to swing through the city is one of my favorite moments this gen, hell, my first couple of hours were nothing but reaching all the buildings.

A solid 9 for me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22741 Posts

I noticed a lot of folk don't like the mj/miles segments. I get it completely, but I did those sections in like 5 minutes each. They didn't overwhelm the game.

SatireOfComedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SatireOfComedy
Member since 2020 • 29 Posts

@freedomfreak:

Stealth sections were annoying I agree but had some cool scripted moments.

I don’t think they should be removed entirely but rather improved in a sequel to be less repetitive and more engaging.

I would give Spider-Man a 9.5 out of 10. It rose past the Arkham games imo.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#99 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I absolutely loved it, but for me it wasn't a 10. Saying a game is a 10 is very difficult and there are games that have been awarded 10s that I do not agree with. When I think 10, I think Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Spiderman was a blast, and by the end I did not want to put it down. But there are a few negatives:

- side quests were meh, generally. I feel that they got too repetitive over time.

- I did not like the Mary Jane sections.

- Some stealth sections as Spiderman could have been better

- The boss fights were meh. It could be difficult to control Spiderman in a closed environment.

- the wall crawling/scaling was sometimes glitchy and not as smooth as the web slinging/wall running.

This is a great game regardless, and I'm guaranteed to purchase the sequel.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3077 Posts

@phbz: thanks man. I'm just trying to find ways to make the mundane more enjoyable.