I cant wait till next year when Microsoft has the better console

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

I remember when the xbox one first came out and lots of people said they were getting a ps4 for the multi plats because it had a little bit better graphics and was a little bit more powerful. Remember all the Sony fan boys posting pictures of multi plat games and showing us how they looked better on ps4 ? Well I cant wait to do that next year.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

It's already the better console

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Agreed, this is exactly why I game. I'll be buying a new hard drive so I can stockpile all those comparison pics.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9864 Posts

Yeah can't wait to see those comparison shots of Spiderman, Horizon and God of War. Oh wait...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

Digital Foundry has already establish their damage control protocol for Sony back when the DMC port ended up better on XB1 than PS4...

From a visual perspective, we're mostly looking at parity between PS4 and Xbox One - with just a few caveats. Anti-aliasing coverage is a little better on Microsoft's system, although the difference is largely academic, visible only when zooming in on still screenshots. The same post-process algorithm is used across both consoles (creating a sharper image than the PC game) and in motion it's basically impossible to spot the difference.

...yet, when the results are the other way around it's gloves off for them.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Agreed, this is exactly why I game. I'll be buying a new hard drive so I can stockpile all those comparison pics.

better get a good one, can't store the highest quality pixels on cheap shit

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@jim1174: how patient of you

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@howmakewood said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Hmm, talk about a curve ball, I didn't even think about it. I suppose I could rent some space on teh cloud? I think I have DX12 internet speed now, so it should work.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@howmakewood said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Hmm, talk about a curve ball, I didn't even think about it. I suppose I could rent some space on teh cloud? I think I have DX12 internet speed now, so it should work.

Excellent idea, I should call my ISP as well to see if my connection is dx12 certified.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@howmakewood said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah but you still need to wait for the high quality pixel definition, that can only be fully achieved with GDDR 5 memory.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@jim1174: the 51% is still about sells and exclusives

Good luck waiting on those too

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

HA, gotta love fanboy logic. Get off the grafix dildo <---spelled wrong on purpose to show the amount of dumb in your OP thread creator. Point blank if a system brings the games it wins. Power be damned. In the end we gamers win. Bring the ALL the Tflops Microsoft, but while doing that remember to bring the great games as well. System Wars will be a Digital Foundry billboard next year with all the graphic comparison threads. Can't wait for that.....

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Yeah can't wait to see those comparison shots of Spiderman, Horizon and God of War. Oh wait...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@jim1174: Have fun waiting an extra 12 months while we enjoy the Pro and probably at a cheaper price to boot.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Dumbest comment I've heard all day in here.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

lol, so much fanboy fuel

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Dumbest comment I've heard all day in here.

I had no idea what the Hell I was reading about lol.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

You can say this exact same thing in reverse for Xbox games... Not a very well executed comment.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20125 Posts
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

You can say this exact same thing in reverse for Xbox games... Not a very well executed comment.

But there lies the point. In the time it takes to release the scorpio, Sony would have released (hopefully) quality games that look really good. Why would you pass that up for an entire year?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20125 Posts

Also, this sounds like fanboy wars.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

This battle over console power angers me.

Why? Because gamers LOSE when they play that game.

Instead of focusing on creative games, funding indies, improving the platform...........the manufacturers are forcing devs to produce 1080p, better graphics, etc.

PS2/Xbox and PS3/X360 were BOTH amazing because there was healthy competition. The companies even praised each other often.

Since the middle of last gen, fanboys on here, reddit, neogaf have driven a graphics heavy, power-only message and as a result we have terrible consoles.

Sony dialed it in with the PS4 creating a vanilla platform that barely improved on PS3. MS went Dr Evil and tried to take over the world with a console and failed miserably.

Having more power will just continue that cycle unless they also fund great (creative and unique) games and promote indies.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I already see a lot of good points in response to this topic but I'll touch on them again.

Microsoft already has the better console. Just because Digital UnFoundry claims to point out differences that the human eye cant see doesn't make a winner in a graphics comparison. 200p here and 8 frames there brought to your attention by running the game through a PC accompanied this entire generation. It also made the generation suck so far for fanboy wars.

I can already predict what DF will do in future comparisons. "The Xbox Scorpio got the edge on "X" Title for frames and resolution BUT given the amount of horsepower the Scorpio has, should have really been out ahead farther. It also appears that the load screen took a second longer on the Scorpio which is odd." Or whatever spin they decide, you can guarantee they will still push their anti Microsoft agenda.

Microsoft has the games, console and controller. Scorpio will just add to a already great system.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

No mention of games is typical leMS logic. Imaginary better console with no good games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I have both the Xbox One and the PS4 and I already think Microsoft has the better console which is why I already buy all of my multiplats on the Xbox One. The graphics advantage that the PS4 currently has over Xbox One is so negligible that I can't notice the difference unless looking at side-by-side screenshots and even then it is hard to see the difference, so it doesn't matter to me. What does matter to me is that the Xbox One has a better online service, a better controller, and the ability for me to multitask while playing a game by snapping apps to the side of the screen; all of which provide noticeable benefits.

I do find it amusing though to see all of the Playstation fanboys suddenly flipflopping from their "LOL Xbone is so weak compared to the PS4" stance that they loved to talk about to a "Power doesn't matter" stance now that the PS4 will soon be the weaker console. Now that PS4 has finally got some good exclusives recently and they can use the argument that Xbox One doesn't have any exclusives since Microsoft was pro-gamer enough to let gamers choose if they want to play the games on Xbox One or PC, they have switched their argument from "LOL Xbone is weak and PS4 is strong" to "LOL Xbone has no exclusives; everyone can play Xbone games on the super powerful PC that everybody owns and enjoys playing games on".

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@mems_1224: Which one are you saying is the better console?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

No men to of games is typical leMS logic. Imaginary better console with no good games.

thats the same logic cows have been using all this gen. The first two years of this gen PS4 only had multiplats and sold 20 million units. Sure the X1 launch pissed a few people off, but the stampede to buy the PS4 was mostly based on their 'more power/superior multiplats' PR, not Sony games.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dynamitecop

@Zero_epyon said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

But there lies the point. In the time it takes to release the scorpio, Sony would have released (hopefully) quality games that look really good. Why would you pass that up for an entire year?

I have absolutely no doubt that every recent game made for Xbox One right now at least from Microsoft will be 4K, and likely some of the already released titles, not to mention third party games that want extra fidelity going forward.

It's a year, that's a very short period of time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

I'm going to let you in on secret....gaming is about the GAMES.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

#GreatnessAwaits

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sushiglutton

@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

You can't because Xbox just doesn't have the lineup Sony does. It was a very well thought out and executed comment.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dynamitecop

@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

You can't because Xbox just doesn't have the lineup Sony does. It was a very well thought out and executed comment.

What is this lineup that Sony has that Microsoft does not? It's a comment without basis in reality, the fact of the matter is the two platforms are essentially in parity when it comes to games, and not only that Microsoft is on the books in more recent times with steady releases streaming in, where as for Sony it's mostly TBD's, delays, and 2017 and beyond...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

Imaginary better console with no good games.

PS4 also fits that bill.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sushiglutton

@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

What is this lineup that Sony has that Microsoft does not? It's a comment without basis in reality, the fact of the matter is the two platforms are essentially in parity when it comes to games, and not only that Microsoft is on the books in more recent times with steady releases streaming in, where as for Sony it's mostly TBD's, delays, and 2017 and beyond...

I just gave three games. What's that Xbox exclusive lineup?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

That's not necessarily true anymore. Xbox has Halo, Gears, Minecraft, Forza, and Killer Instinct. I'd count Rare's ips but aside from Rare Replay they haven't seen a new entry since 360. Sony just has more in house creation as opposed to buying ips but even then they're moving incredibly slow especially for 3 years into the ps4 life cycle.I think Sony's money woes might still be hindering them and they haven't reached that financial uptick yet even with ps4 sucess. If their other divisions pick up the slack again there might be more funds for games

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator

@raugutcon said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Imaginary better console with no good games.

PS4 also fits that bill.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dynamitecop

@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead

I mean, are you really that far up your own ass?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:

Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead

and the reply will be "they're not exclusives"

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dynamitecop

@GarGx1 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Yes, the scapegoat.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

XB1 is already the better console IMO... except the small power difference.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dynamitecop

@hrt_rulz01 said:

XB1 is already the better console IMO... except the small power difference.

Agreed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Lems and the waiting game. Waiting for games and now waiting for the "better console". Have fun waiting while everyone else is gaming. Next year you'll still be waiting for exclusives and games while PS4 owners will be enjoying GOW4, Horizon, Spiderman, etc.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator

@GarGx1 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Xbox One/Windows 10 Exclusive.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dynamitecop

@quadknight said:

Lems and the waiting game. Waiting for games and now waiting for the "better console". Have fun waiting while everyone else is gaming. Next year you'll still be waiting for exclusives and games while PS4 owners will be enjoying GOW4, Horizon, Spiderman, etc.

Ugh, ReCore released two weeks ago, Forza Horizon 3 released 2 days ago, Gears of War 4 releases in 3 weeks, Dead Rising 4 releases on December 6th, and Cuphead is releasing before the end of the year...

"Have fun waiting while everyone else is gaming"

Waiting on what games? What exactly are you playing rocket scientist?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@dynamitecop: Flops, flops and more flops. The only good confirmed game in your list is a multiplat. Cuphead could be good but Gears 4 could be a flop for all we know. Face it dude, when it comes to first party exclusives MS have been beaten a long time ago.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sushiglutton

@dynamitecop said:
@GarGx1 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@dynamitecop said:

Yes, the scapegoat.

*Lists a bunch of non-exclusives*

"I know ur argument will be that they are not exclusives"

Well, no shit lol

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

It surely will be interesting, hopefully Xbox can catch a break then, just around 15 more months lems! Gotta hold out!

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dynamitecop

@quadknight said:

@dynamitecop: Flops, flops and more flops. The only good confirmed game in your list is a multiplat. Cuphead could be good but Gears 4 could be a flop for all we know. Face it due, when it comes to first party exclusives MS have been beaten a long time ago.

Answer the question, what exactly do you have to play? I don't care if a game is rated high, medium or low, I've enjoyed games from all rating metrics as has everyone else, a game releasing and providing entertainment value and enjoyment is still a game.

So what in the hell are you playing?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

Ooooh three games. I'm sure lems are green with envy

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QuadKnight

@dynamitecop: My now playing list is in my sig for all to see. I'm not as picky as I come off, I play highly rated as well as not so highly rated games but to pretend that Xbone is drowning in quality games compared to PS4 is an outright lie and you know it. PS4 has more games and more highly rated games to chose from than Xbone and this has been a fact since launch for both of them.