How would you rate this gen of gaming so far?

• 51 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How would you rate this gen of gaming so far? (90 votes)

Best generation ever 17%
Not the best, but one of the greats 40%
It's good.. 28%
Not that great 7%
Mediocre 2%
Crap 7%

Is it better than last gen? The gen before? I'm happy with this generation, but I feel like it's more of a continuation of last gen. More shooters, more graphics, more features, but not necessarily more innovation. Do you feel like we've had a generation lap, SW? Or more of the same?

• 
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Star67 said:

@lamprey263: I agree with a lot of what you just said.

As an adult gamer, this gen is a blast! There are soooooo many great games to be played on all platforms, both digitally and retail physical releases.

But yes games do seem to be getting way longer, heck a lot of SEGA Genesis games could be beat in an hour if you got good at them.

I really don't have enough time in my life to dedicate hundreds of hours into a game. I'm actually a little overwhelmed with the amount of games I want to play.

For Instance, I want to get Yakuza Kiwami 2 in August, Fist of the North Star in October, and Fallout 76 in November.....and I'm still playing and trying to finish Yakuza 6 and GOW. Plus I really want to play NIOH and Ikaruga on Switch.

I'm in the same exact boat. Have been gaming for 31 years, but this has easily been my favourite generation. We have indies bringing 2d gaming back, huge AAAs that finally look almost CGI like, VR that actually works, more diversity than ever before, etc...

Don't get me wrong, i can name 20 or 30 games i love from each generation, but this gen games i want to play are coming almost at a daily basis, it's ridiculous. My list of games i want, but have yet to play due to lack of time, is over 150 games now.