How long until Xbox's new first party gives us quality exclusives?

• 69 results
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@scatteh316 said:

More then likely next gen launch titles or close as...... but....why is everyone assuming these studio's have nothing?

Gorilla Games developed Horizon:ZD along side Killzone:SF so what makes people think these studio's wasn't already working on something?

They very well could of pitched a working game to Microsoft for all we know.

You make a very good point; they very likely did pitch something to MS.

But either way, I don't expected much from them for at least another 2 years. New IPs, in particular, AAA IPs take a very long to time to develop; Horizon took 6 years to make from pitch to completion.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Never. Xbox has no exclusives since everything will release on PC.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I'm thinking that MS knew it was time to bring in some new IP's. I expect next gen to be good, and that MS will start dropping new IP's about two years in. I think it will start slow, but MS will actually force SONY's hand to open up a couple/few new studios as well. I also think that next gen will have a lot of smaller titles (from the PC) see a simultaneous release (or close to it) with consoles. I expect both to have a game preview program of sorts, and I could see BOTH market places looking like Steam (not steam, but looking similar) with their collection of games outside of big 1st and 3rd party productions.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

That's the point, Sony and Microsoft are increasingly moving away from hardware exclusives.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@daniel_su123 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

That's the point, Sony and Microsoft are increasingly moving away from hardware exclusives.

Errr... no they're not.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Since PG was just purchased and Already released Forza Horizon 4, it means we don't have to wait anymore.

I expect studios like Ninja Theory, that were already working on stuff to release games in the next 2 years.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

5 years

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

If MS is smart, theyd end this generation on a high note and build good will for their brand before Scarlet launches. If they are cheap opportunists, they will try to front load the Scarlet launch and leave us all scratching our heads as to whether they have bolstered quality control as a publisher until after the fact.

I've never been a fan of that kind of narrative that focusing on the new platform, instead of wasting your political capital keep the dying console thats on its way out on life support, or else the fans will abandon them. That goes for either side. I didnt believe it when people said it about the Wii U, and now the Nintendo Switch is poised to be the fastest selling platform of all time. I also didnt believe people who said that releasing mid-gen updates to the PS4/XBone would "piss off the fans" either.

I dont think the fans had any trouble understanding, and moving on quickly from the Wii U.

We live in a world of "what are you doing for me RIGHT NOW", and the only thing that matters is whether you are winning or losing RIGHT NOW.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StrongDeadlift: The difference between Nintendo launching the Switch and MS launching Scarlet is night and freaking day. The WiiU had several high quality games in many different genres. I mean, hell, several of those games were so good that Nintendo revamped a few to reach for easy money on the new platform damn near immediately. So, you are talking straight crazy rn.

Secondly, there is nothing to suggest that cutting and running from the 360 was advantageous for the Shone. In fact, a strong case could be made that offloading the last Gears game on the 360 to another third party while Halo 4 was made by the Bungle tribute band was catastrophic for two of the three Holy Trinity franchises before the XBone was even a thing publicly. Meanwhile, PS3 was getting high profile games into 2014 like GT and No No Kuni among others.

I would strongly advise reconsidering that position. Your reasoning isnt exactly air tight.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

@fedor: That’s strictly anicdotal. Xbox had already launched Titanfall and that was also a critical hit.

for a week

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#61 Sam3231  Online
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

Isn't this still a meme on twitter

Fans: Hey Microsoft what are you gonna do about your first party, exclusives ?!! (etc. etc. exaggerations)

Microsoft exec: (downplays it)

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle on this one. Unless your going to try and tell me there are no quality MS first party games amongst a growing list of: Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Halo Wars 2, Gears 4, Forza Motorsport 5-7, Forza Horizon 2-4, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Cuphead, Quantum Break, Recore, Dead Rising, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay etc. etc. etc. I mean I just think you are wrong.

Since gaming is about the games, whether it is exclusive or not by the formal meaning of the term is irrelevant.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts
@Sam3231 said:

Fans: Hey Microsoft what are you gonna do about your first party, exclusives ?!! (etc. etc. exaggerations)

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle on this one. Unless your going to try and tell me there are no quality MS first party games amongst a growing list of: Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Halo Wars 2, Gears 4, Forza Motorsport 5-7, Forza Horizon 2-4, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Cuphead, Quantum Break, Recore, Dead Rising, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay etc. etc. etc. I mean I just think you are wrong.

Since gaming is about the games, whether it is exclusive or not by the formal meaning of the term is irrelevant.

That list is really sad and they're not only first party games there. Compare that list to semi-exclusive first party and non-first party games from the other consoles and you'll see why it looks so pathetic.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Don't hold your breath.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

No one really cares about exclusives besides cows and they only really have 2 now that you can play Bloodborne on PC ;)

Forza Horizon 4 is a Microsoft console exclusive-ish game and it's friggin' sweet.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#65 Sam3231  Online
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

@zappat said:
@Sam3231 said:

That list is really sad and they're not only first party games there. Compare that list to semi-exclusive first party and non-first party games from the other consoles and you'll see why it looks so pathetic.

I'm sure it's not as impressive as your list of alts.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@Sevenizz:

I think that you need to dictionary the word "exclusive".

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ermacness

@pyro1245:

You mean the only people who cares about exclusives, are the ones who have exclusives to care about. Both ciws, and sheep cares about exclusives because those 2 faction (along with the hermits) have exclusives worth caring about.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

There have been quality exclusives on the Xbox one but have been sparingly when compared to ps4. Xbox need some variety in the exclusives which I'm sure will happen.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@ermacness said:

@pyro1245:

You mean the only people who cares about exclusives, are the ones who have exclusives to care about. Both ciws, and sheep cares about exclusives because those 2 faction (along with the hermits) have exclusives worth caring about.

No I mean the only ones who care about titles being exclusives.

Anyone can buy a PS4. They are cheap, like the cows always say.

And I really don't see sheep making nearly as much noise about exclusives compared to cows.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ermacness

@pyro1245:

Maybe because we still have a few haters who can't believe or see why the ps4 isn't a repeat of the ps3.