How exactly is Xbox Live better than PSN?

• 188 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

I'd really like to know this. Everyone that I have heard that have said Xbox Live is superior have only gave the reason that since Microsoft have more money they can put more effort into it, or a variation of that. All of those people who have said that don't use PSN, so I don't know how they'd know. Are they biased, or is that the truth?

I'm pretty much just asking how it's better? Whenever I play PSN I don't get lag, I don't have connection issues, I can get into a match easy... I don't find any flaw in it to be honest. :?

P.S. I don't have a 360, or Xbox Live, and I don't want to have a one sided view, I just want to know if it's really that much better.

Bioshockraptor
So, you're at level 34 and you've never seen this topic on sw before? Doubt it...stop trying to pick the same fight over and over.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
It's really not that better. Lems just use that excuse to justify being ripped off by MS.
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Its a bit faster downloading stuff on XBL, IMO. Sometimes when I download demos on the PS3 it takes 10 mins but sometimes it also takes an hour it seems. Plus once you download the demo you still have to install it after, which is just a pain. XBL downloads are always the same speed and you dont have to download them twice basically. Plus you got party chat, video chat and stuff (not sure the PS3 has that). A bit more features i guess, and moderators. So if you catch someone cheating and actually report them, they can get banned, so thats a plus. I dont think they do that on PSN, they just let it slide.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

Of course, the obligatory post from my blog :P

Seriously, these topics are getting stale and should be locked on sight. :|

Ive seen this asked over and over on this site, so since i own both, i decided to list a few. But to fully understand, you have to experience it for yourself. So take this list, find a friend with a 360, and see for yourself. Listing a buch of features is pointless because you will never understand what it is that makes it better.

1- cross game chat -this is more than it sounds. not only can you chat accross different games, but you can seamlessly create a party while in game, and switch from friends only chat, to chatting with people online, all without leaving the game

2- Custom soundtracks- this is the most misunderstood by fanboys. This feature is built into every game, and is built on the LIVE software that MS created. Meaning when i play a custom soundtrack on 360 (whether its from the hard drive, pc, or MP3 player) the game music, and ONLY the game music, stops playing. This doesnt happen with PS3. On 360, it only plays the sound effects and ambient sounds in the game, allowing me to hear my song. PS3 just plays the music (only dev supported) over my game sound.

3-In game access to everything- this is another misunderstood feature. With 360, if im playing a game, and i want to.....say play netflix. i dont have to go to the dashboard first, all i do is press the guide button, and click netflix. It stops my game and immediately plays. Or if im playing........say mass effect, and i wanna play Jade Empire that i downloaded. Same thing, just press the guide, and scroll to downloaded games. Its is nowhere NEAR as easy on PS3

4- Trueskill Ranking system- I cant count how many times i was playing warhawk when i first got it, and got beat like a runaway slave until i got the hang of it. Imagine going to the gym to play basketball, and everyday you had to play against Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq!! Trueskill tracks your accomplishments ingame, and matches you with people on your level, making sure every experience is fair, and fun.

5 Intergration- Kinda speaks for itself. Basically my friends list follows me through every game. im even notified if a friend is playing the same game as me, and allows me to join the right then, no lobbies, menus, or anything. I can also check my achievements, friends achievements, and the profiles of the last 40 people ive played online at anytime, whether im watching a movie, netflix, playing a game, or whatever.

6-Cross game invites- no matter what im doing, i can invite a player to my game with the press of a button. No need to type a message like on PS3. I can also record voice messages to send to anyone ingame.

7-Server based system- the myth going on is that LIVE doesnt have dedicated servers. While this is mostly true, what people fail to realize is that EVERYTHING Live related IS kept on servers, servers that MS maintains. My friends lists, achievements (even my achievement progress), games played, and even my LOCATION or MODE in the game is tracked and displayed to my friends. Meaning i can check my friends profile (ingame if i choose) and see what area hes cruising in GTA iv, or the score in madden or NFL nk9, or the mode, map, and score in Halo 3.

There are many more, but like i said, go experience it for yourself.

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

One of the things I think makes Live better is the overall integration of online play with friends lists, invites, joining games, etc. If the situation is right, I can just open my friends list and choose to join a friend already in-game. I also find inviting people to games and like is easier because it works the same no matter what game you are playing. When I first tried played RE5 online with my friend on PS3, it took us a while just to figure out how to send and invite and get connected. Granted I was able to figure it out, but it seemed more convoluted than it should have been.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Ive seen this asked over and over on this site, so since i own both, i decided to list a few. But to fully understand, you have to experience it for yourself. So take this list, find a friend with a 360, and see for yourself. Listing a buch of features is pointless because you will never understand what it is that makes it better.

1- cross game chat -this is more than it sounds. not only can you chat accross different games, but you can seamlessly create a party while in game, and switch from friends only chat, to chatting with people online, all without leaving the game

2- Custom soundtracks- this is the most misunderstood by fanboys. This feature is built into every game, and is built on the LIVE software that MS created. Meaning when i play a custom soundtrack on 360 (whether its from the hard drive, pc, or MP3 player) the game music, and ONLY the game music, stops playing. This doesnt happen with PS3. On 360, it only plays the sound effects and ambient sounds in the game, allowing me to hear my song. PS3 just plays the music (only dev supported) over my game sound.

3-In game access to everything- this is another misunderstood feature. With 360, if im playing a game, and i want to.....say play netflix. i dont have to go to the dashboard first, all i do is press the guide button, and click netflix. It stops my game and immediately plays. Or if im playing........say mass effect, and i wanna play Jade Empire that i downloaded. Same thing, just press the guide, and scroll to downloaded games. Its is nowhere NEAR as easy on PS3

4- Trueskill Ranking system- I cant count how many times i was playing warhawk when i first got it, and got beat like a runaway slave until i got the hang of it. Imagine going to the gym to play basketball, and everyday you had to play against Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq!! Trueskill tracks your accomplishments ingame, and matches you with people on your level, making sure every experience is fair, and fun.

5 Intergration- Kinda speaks for itself. Basically my friends list follows me through every game. im even notified if a friend is playing the same game as me, and allows me to join the right then, no lobbies, menus, or anything. I can also check my achievements, friends achievements, and the profiles of the last 40 people ive played online at anytime, whether im watching a movie, netflix, playing a game, or whatever.

6-Cross game invites- no matter what im doing, i can invite a player to my game with the press of a button. No need to type a message like on PS3. I can also record voice messages to send to anyone ingame.

7-Server based system- the myth going on is that LIVE doesnt have dedicated servers. While this is mostly true, what people fail to realize is that EVERYTHING Live related IS kept on servers, servers that MS maintains. My friends lists, achievements (even my achievement progress), games played, and even my LOCATION or MODE in the game is tracked and displayed to my friends. Meaning i can check my friends profile (ingame if i choose) and see what area hes cruising in GTA iv, or the score in madden or NFL nk9, or the mode, map, and score in Halo 3.

navyguy21

...allow me to add, also from my blog:

• Cross-game invites - In my eyes, more important than cross-game chat. This isn't a simple text message either. No matter what you and your friends are doing on the console (playing different games, watching a movie, listening to music, whatever), I can send an invite. All a friend needs to do is open my message and click accept and he'll be pulled right into my session. While PSN has started to incorporate this on a game by game basis, the results are still inconsistent.
  • Party system - Up to 8 friends can party up and launch into games together, again, no matter whateveryone is doing. Or you can stay in separate games and just chat. Much like the Halo 3 party system, but at the OS level.
  • Community staff - They are both visible and accessible. From Major Nelson's news and shows, Trixie's organization of girl gamers, StepTo's policy enforcement to the community developer and ambassador programs. Their response to the MW2 javelin glitch is a prime example. Although the onus of the responsiblity was solely on the shoulders of Infinity Ward, MS went above and beyond by actively seeking out the exploiters and suspending them. StepTo made public statement almost immediately. Sony's response was from a nameless rep with flat statement that they don't plan on doing anything. One is an example of service. The other is the absence of it.
  • Community events - This isn't just the themed game nights on the Community Calendar. It's the Game With Fame, gaming with devs and my personal fave, Community PlayDate where I can game with people from a featured fan site. These events are easily seen, even if I'm not looking for it. No need to fire up a separate app like a browser or Home. It's right there on the dash.
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

Ps3 has home which can launch groups of ppl into any game.

Ps3 has remote play

Ps3 has support for in game text chatrooms for up to 16 ppl x 3 diff chats

360 Cost 50 bucks

360 has xgame voice chat

360 lets you send voice messages

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

get an xbox 360, then purchace a PS3. compaire Live to PSN apples to oranges and you will know the truth ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.

until then you are just waisting everybodys time TC.

bryn8150

this. all my friends have xbl so i prefer talking and playing with people i know.

plus the avatar system is way better on xbox than ps3.

destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Ps3 has remote play

360 Cost 50 bucks

360 has xgame voice chat

Respawn-d

Oh the 360 has the foilage, the PS3 is slacking in that department. lol

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

Ps3 has remote play

360 Cost 50 bucks

360 has xgame voice chat

Respawn-d

home is LAME. it takes wayyy more time setting that up rather than a party invite. remote play?? ooo so i can watch movies from my ps3 on my psp? i'd rather use my laptop/ipad for that.

TEXT chatrooms? really? because everyone prefers that to just talking in a mic...

and if you are paying 50$ for xbox live you need to be a better consumer. 10 minutes on google can yield XBL annual gold memberships for 30-35$.

party chat, party invites, the avatar system, the games you can play with your avatar (1 vs. 100 for example)

xbox usually gets content quicker as well.

if you don't mind not being in good communication with your friends then the ps3 is great since it's free, but since i live away from home and all my friends have xbox, it doubles as a video game system and a social media device for me and my friends to stay in touch on.

if they all had ps3's instead of xbox's though, my arguement would probably be in your favor :P

elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

navyguy21

1. We've covered this, yes it has cross game chat. I personally don't find this as positive as some do since alot of games have noone talking in the lobby anymore.

2. how does custom soundtracks have anything to do with live? Do i have to be connected to the internet to do this? Its a dashboard feature. If were just going to do a comparisson there's a bunch of ps3 features i can mention like bluray and webbrowsing.

3. wow, one less button press. Definetly worth $60. Again, nothing to do with live.

4. Is this the same as matchmaking? Cause that's just broke on many games. COD4 put me as a level 1 in a game with level 60 players. Same with many, if not most games I've played online. Forza is a dissaster as a newb.

5. also on psn now.

6. also on new ps3 games.

7. So what your saying is live doesn't have dedicated servers? Ofcourse it has servers that keep track of stats. But I doubt those cost the billions that they make with live each year.

The only feature you've mentioned that has anything to do with the paid subscription is cross game chat.

The most important is how the gaming experience is when in a game, cause that's where I spend most of my time, playing. And those are on par with each other. Even better on some ps3 games because of the dedicated servers. PSN has come a long way.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GrilledCharlie

Ps3 has remote play

360 Cost 50 bucks

360 has xgame voice chat

Respawn-d
How dare you mention Home?! Home stole several hours from me that I will never get back. Its sooo bad. Just so you know, if something isn't fun for the first two hours...uninstall!!
elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

Yeah, home is bad. But hey, its free and they put alot of work and money into it. And some people seem to like it, me not being one of them.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Your a level 34, and your asking thsi question? It just is. It ahs better features, its more seemless, etc.

genaroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 genaroll
Member since 2010 • 710 Posts
Live has a demo for almost all games playable on the 360 Psn does not Live has a big library of arcade and indie games Psn does not Live has more people playing on it even with a 50$ price Psn does not and it's free Sould i continue?
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Live has a demo for almost all games playable on the 360 Psn does not Live has a big library of arcade and indie games Psn does not Live has more people playing on it even with a 50$ price Psn does not and it's free Sould i continue?genaroll

Live only has a demo for ever ARCADE game.

Bigger dosent necessarily mean better. But I still think they might have a few more great games mainly because its been out longer and PSN only started getting good like 2 or 3 years ago.

I guess I cant disagree there, except having more people still dosent gurantee youll find a game.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
[QUOTE="Mestitia"]

It's not better, not for playing games online. It has party chat and that's pretty much it. PSN on the other hand tends to use dedicated servers for the more popular games that Sony's makes or publishes. Really it isn't better. Party chat isn't even a plus for me, it's a negative, lots of games on live are silent because people are in party chat. And the idea that on Live everyone uses mics is one big lie.

AncientDozer
Then. . see if you can join their parties. Durr. The worst they can do is kick you from the party. Send them party invites. And Live is better because it's more uniform and easier to use. It's not just cross game chat or parties, it's cross game invites. It's all the services it provides and the greater amount of content.

PSN has cross game invites as well.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

live is better because fanboys need a reason to justify paying for it year after year. they're pretty much the exact same service except that live has cross game chat. if thats worth $50 a year to ya then go for it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 navyguy21

live is better because fanboys need a reason to justify paying for it year after year. they're pretty much the exact same service except that live has cross game chat. if thats worth $50 a year to ya then go for it.

z4twenny
i often find that people who say this havent really experienced live. I have all 3 consoles and i choose to pay for live and play on live when i do play online games.. I dont have to justify anything. Like i said in my earlier post, just use the service and you will understand how the integration is what makes it better, not a simple list of features that people (ps3 only owners) keep throwing around
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GrilledCharlie

The difference between Live and PSN is like the difference between renting a compact car, and renting a luxury car. Sure, the compact car is much cheaper, and it will get you from point A to point B, but the luxury car will get you from point A to point B with much more comfort, style, and convenience. So, it pretty much comes down to if it's worth it to you.

pablohammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 pablohammy
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts

i have xbox live, but i still think psn is better.i dont even have a ps3.ps3 has alot of good exclusiives. the only good 360 exclusive is halo(im not a fanboy,its just a good game). uncharted 2 ftw.

genaroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 genaroll

i have xbox live, but i still think psn is better.i dont even have a ps3.ps3 has alot of good exclusiives. the only good 360 exclusive is halo(im not a fanboy,its just a good game). uncharted 2 ftw.

pablohammy
Of course you choose the most popular game on both systems and lie about psn being better.Do you even own a home console or just typing that to type?
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 navyguy21

pablohammy
We are talkin about PSN and XBL, not exclusive games. And are you sure you dont have a PS3? Because you are typing like you are on the PS3 browswer :P
tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

One thing that I really wish would improve is the time it takes to download PSN updates. I do not, in any way, have slow internet and the differences from live to PSN are huge. I mean seriously, I've been sitting here waiting to play MLB the Show 10 for 40 mins now. I could have downloaded 3 or more large demos from Xbox live in that time. I would pay to have cross game chat and faster downloads for games/patches/add-ons. It makes a huge difference to me as I don't always have a huge chunk of time to play.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

The only thing I like better on the 360 than the PS3 are the custom soundtracks, but that has nothing to do with Live.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its built better. Plus you pay get some dlc early over psn

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

The overall service is better since there are more features that are not included in PSN, but.... you need to pay for the very basics.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

it just is,

there is no need for arguing this apparently.

SW has its own rules and truths

the wii being the worse console, aswell as PSN being worse then live are basics in SW , and cant be changed

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#81 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I don't see how it's better. Paying for all the stuff I can get on my ps3 for free? I own both and I've played both. I certainly don't see how the heck LIVE could beat PSN. It's probably mostly FBs that say "oh LIVE is way better than PSN. PSN is crap". If paying for it makes it better, then I... I just don't get it. I guess since they're paying $50 which is pretty steep for some online service, they try to make it seem better because they don't want to pay that price. :P
Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Modern_Unit
Member since 2010 • 1511 Posts

I don't see how it's better. Paying for all the stuff I can get on my ps3 for free? I own both and I've played both. I certainly don't see how the heck LIVE could beat PSN. It's probably mostly FBs that say "oh LIVE is way better than PSN. PSN is crap". If paying for it makes it better, then I... I just don't get it. I guess since they're paying $50 which is pretty steep for some online service, they try to make it seem better because they don't want to pay that price. :P coolkid93

I pay $30 through amazon...but thats cool

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

My only prob with psn right now is the lack of avatars. Im chloe 8) and I dont think Ill ever have the urge to change my avatar again but Im so tired of there being no new avatars (free) that my friends could use.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

cross game chat, demoes for every xbla game, exclusive dlc, among other things. It for sure isn't worth the annual 40 $ fee.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 VoodooHak

cross game chat, demoes for every xbla game, exclusive dlc, among other things. It for sure isn't worth the annual 40 $ fee.

nhh18

Not just cross game chat.

Cross game invites that consistently work no matter what you're doing, or in any game.

Party system

Communit..... but hey, I already mentioned all this stuff in a previous post that always seems to get conveniently ignored. Hmm

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 nhh18

The difference between Live and PSN is like the difference between renting a compact car, and renting a luxury car. Sure, the compact car is much cheaper, and it will get you from point A to point B, but the luxury car will get you from point A to point B with much more comfort, style, and convenience. So, it pretty much comes down to if it's worth it to you.

GrilledCharlie

Sony XMB interface is far superior to XBL Dashboard interface. Are you saying that XMB isn't sleak and probably the best user interface ever graced mankind besides possibly the iphone interface.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

VoodooHak

Cross game invites that consistently work no matter what you're doing, or in any game.

Party system

Communit..... but hey, I already mentioned all this stuff in a previous post that always seems to get conveniently ignored. Hmm

Community is a huge minus. I have to mute everyone. And I avoid certain games because they send messages that are horrific. XBL and PSN community is up there in the worst of the worst of the worst.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

It is so obvious why.

XBL has an X...which is awesome.

PSN has a P...which is lame.

X-Men, X-Rated, or just X

vs what?

P-Men, P-Rated, Pee

It is no contest. That alone is worth $X amount per year.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

ack...double post

genaroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 genaroll

It is so obvious why.

XBL has an X...which is awesome.

PSN has a P...which is lame.

X-Men, X-Rated, or just X

vs what?

P-Men, P-Rated, Pee

It is no contest. That alone is worth $X amount per year.

SUD123456
Xtreme post you seem very Polite.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#91 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]

VoodooHak

...allow me to add, also from my blog:

• Cross-game invites - In my eyes, more important than cross-game chat. This isn't a simple text message either. No matter what you and your friends are doing on the console (playing different games, watching a movie, listening to music, whatever), I can send an invite. All a friend needs to do is open my message and click accept and he'll be pulled right into my session. While PSN has started to incorporate this on a game by game basis, the results are still inconsistent.
  • Party system - Up to 8 friends can party up and launch into games together, again, no matter whateveryone is doing. Or you can stay in separate games and just chat. Much like the Halo 3 party system, but at the OS level.
  • Community staff - They are both visible and accessible. From Major Nelson's news and shows, Trixie's organization of girl gamers, StepTo's policy enforcement to the community developer and ambassador programs. Their response to the MW2 javelin glitch is a prime example. Although the onus of the responsiblity was solely on the shoulders of Infinity Ward, MS went above and beyond by actively seeking out the exploiters and suspending them. StepTo made public statement almost immediately. Sony's response was from a nameless rep with flat statement that they don't plan on doing anything. One is an example of service. The other is the absence of it.
  • Community events - This isn't just the themed game nights on the Community Calendar. It's the Game With Fame, gaming with devs and my personal fave, Community PlayDate where I can game with people from a featured fan site. These events are easily seen, even if I'm not looking for it. No need to fire up a separate app like a browser or Home. It's right there on the dash.

These 2 posts should end the thread, but numerous cows would like to drag it out more.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
The only thing it has that's better is party chat. Though in some instances that can hurt a game if you don't have a party to chat with. I actually think it'd ruin RDR with it's unconventional posse chat.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#93 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

It really depends on who you ask. Most people that own both the PS3 and 360 will probably agree thatXbox Live is better, while PS3 only owners will probably say that the PSN is better because it is free. Iplayed on the PSN only a few times, so it may have gotten better since my last time on it, but the few experiences I had on it were cumbersome. I had a hard time signing in on MGS4, severe lag in Motorstorm,and Iwasn't fond of having to download something then having to install it afterwards. While these aren't major issues, and I know there are lag sessions on Live, it just seems like I've had much better experiences on Xbox Live.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

Party system

Community is a huge minus. I have to mute everyone. And I avoid certain games because they send messages that are horrific. XBL and PSN community is up there in the worst of the worst of the worst.

Anecdotal.

There are jerks everywhere. Luckily, XBL has the tools and the infrastructure to make it more bearable. I'm guessing your worst experiences are with randoms. Well, XBL alleviates that by making it less of a random affair. Party up with your friends. Check out the friends of your friends as they are more apt to be your type of people as opposed to randoms. Take comfort in the fact that XBL community managers are watching and trying to keep things clean. Look at what happened with the MW2 javelin glitch. MS's Stephen Toulouse (aka Stepto) commented immediately and his team suspended those that exploited it. Sony's response came later from an unnamed "rep" that said Sony wasn't going to do anything.

My wife appreciates the existence of the GamerChix. Newcomers can call on Xbox Ambassadors to show them the ropes. Remember the drama with The Pro to see that they actively moderate the service. Again, immediate response.

Sorry. One is a service. The other is trying to be.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Xbox Live has a slight edge IMO due to cross game chat and a few other bells and whistles. The problem is the community on Live is atrocious. Rudeness and immaturity run rampant there, almost to the point of me not wanting to play any Halo 3 or BC2. It's not like it doesn't exist on PSN, but as someone that's gamed on both consoles for a long time, Live seems to be much, much worse.
BioDogshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BioDogshock
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

If you only have an xbox 360 then you would pay for the service on your only console yes?

If you own both ps3 and xbox 360.

If you have friends more on xbox then it is worth it.

1) Is xbox 360 your only console?

Then live is worth it as it is your only option.

2) do you own both consoles but most friends on xbox 360?

Then live is worth it

3) got both consoles and have equal ammount of friends?

depends on your taste

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
After recently purchasing a PS3 for the first time, here's what I got: PS3 pro's: -Server listings of multiplayer matches, similar to PC gaming (I hate matchmaking, I want to CHOOSE what gametype to play) -PSN store is quite easy to use -There IS communication between players (at least in MGO and Socom) -PSN exclusives are nice -Message System is pretty cool -it's free PSN: Cons: -Updates take ALOT longer to complete. -Downloading games takes a long time (not only do you wait for it to download, but you must install it as well) -No party chat -accessing friends trophies take time to upload just to view them -For certain games you have to make other accounts to play online (like MGO) -more laggy players online XBL pros: -Updates are almost instant (3-5 seconds) -Downloading anything is much faster -party chat -easier to look at/compare friend's achievements -community seems to be more "alive" Cons: -gotta pay 10 bucks to change gamertag (not sure how PSN names work) -gotta pay for themes while on PSN they're free -the UI is slower (the guide, marketplace, etc.) -gotta pay for online -MS points is a stupid and useless currency...why MS? oh yea... to make money by making your customers buy 20 bucks worth of MS points when they only need 15 bucks worth
sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

Omg there's two threads saying xbox live is better than PSN. PSN is FREE, what do you expect?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 navyguy21
[QUOTE="KGB32"] -MS points is a stupid and useless currency...why MS? oh yea... to make money by making your customers buy 20 bucks worth of MS points when they only need 15 bucks worth

Not anymore, check the marketplace, the are sold in the exact amounts of 800pts($19), 1200pts($15), 1600($20)pts, and 4000(too much) pts
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

POLISH is the only word that should be used here.... sony is using the same os on their main consoles since psx... no not ps1 the psx which was the 1st console ever to support xmb.

nothing has changed with the interface at all... same old dull lifeless xmb.... ms has some ads some tips , ign vids, news..... life.... the xbox dashboard is alive..... xmb is dull and unpolished... just as its been for years......

its not hard to notice how much time was put into nxe......sure you pay your 50..... for

netflix (without a disc)

last fm

twitter

facebook

content

im sure theres more .

psn plus for 50 (as we know now ) will give you

1 psn title of 3

cross game chat...... this is all we know so far but how many features would they have to put in for 50?????? alot knowing online play is free.

trophys are blatent rip offs of achievements and are tacked on.... so tacked on in fact that you must be online to get them and older titles dont have them...when you get a trophy or if someone signs on or off you get a dull lifeless bing with a seethru notification in the upper right hand corner......

with live you get a loud chirp and its right on the bottom of the screen with some coll effects....

ive barely scratched the surface but you know just what i mean when i say polish.