deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Juub1990: How can something so simple be so hard for people to understand. I would understand if he was trolling, but he's not, he's serious lol.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

And what is that argument?...

Confusing the people? We're talking about whether the Switch is an 8th or 9th gen machine.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

And what is that argument?...

Confusing the people? We're talking about whether the Switch is an 8th or 9th gen machine.

Oh so you two are having a topic outside of the original topic.

My bad go at it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Shouldnt you ask MSFT? Nobody here is a console manufacturer

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 682 Posts

Its funny that even during a global pandemic, people seem to have their feelings more affected by a game console than by the perspective of the economy collapsing and their grandparents/parents dying.

Honestly, i like sony and I dont like microsoft, but lets calm down. Their console is more powerful, that is all. Its no reason to be exchanging childish taunts.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Juub1990

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: All good then. I think you’re a good poster which is rare here so never mind the misunderstanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I never owned a Xbox so I can't tell you OP.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: All good then. I think you’re a good poster which is rare here so never mind the misunderstanding.

It's not a misunderstanding... I have been in self isolation with my family for 7 days and have 15 hours till HLA is released. I am looking for a fight!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

When I owned my 360 I also had my PS3 and PC. Couldn't tell ya.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@vfighter: Wii U is Gen 8, it released 12 months before PS4/Bone and it flopped hard. Wii was Gen 7. It's not about hardware power, it's about the Era it was released in.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Juub1990: @Juub1990: Because my argument isn't based solely on power, if you could read and comprehend things you'd understand that. The switch is current gen for two reasons, it released half way through this gen, which that alone puts it in this current gen, and its not even close to the same power level of THIS gens systems, let alone next gens. Hell when next gen releases the Switch will be nearly 4 years old and unable to play most 3rd party current gen titles...sure doesnt sound next gen to me lol. Let me know when the ps5 and Xsex release how many of their games will run on the switch lol. But you and IP keep arguing otherwise, stupidity does make for some good entertainment.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Juub1990

@vfighter: Of course stupidity makes for some good entertainment this is exactly why we’re laughing at you and you’re constantly seen as a farce here. You're also the one who got offended because I was using too many big words that one time.

>My argument isn’t solely about power

When your entire stance was focused on power until your premise got torn to shreds. "Bu bu but it’s too weak to be a next gen system"

>When PS5/SX releases Switch will be nearly 4 years old

Yeah so same age as the PS4/X1 were when Switch released?

But by all means. Nintendo has had 2 8th gen consoles for what will be probably be over 10 years when a typical Nintendo release cycle is;

NES: 1985-1991 - 6 years

SNES: 1991-1996 - 5 years

N64: 1996-2001 - 5 years

NGC: 2001-2006 - 5 years

Wii: 2006-2012 - 6 years

Wii U: 2012-2017 - 5 years

Geez would you look at that. Nintendo consoles typically last exactly 5 years!!! Shocking.

Lol you're a joke kid. Probably the most unintelligent and childish poster in SW and that's saying something. Don't hurt your brain trying to decipher the complicated words of my post now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@vfighter said:

@Juub1990: @Juub1990: Because my argument isn't based solely on power, if you could read and comprehend things you'd understand that. The switch is current gen for two reasons, it released half way through this gen, which that alone puts it in this current gen, and its not even close to the same power level of THIS gens systems, let alone next gens. Hell when next gen releases the Switch will be nearly 4 years old and unable to play most 3rd party current gen titles...sure doesnt sound next gen to me lol. Let me know when the ps5 and Xsex release how many of their games will run on the switch lol. But you and IP keep arguing otherwise, stupidity does make for some good entertainment.

You are clueless.

So if the 360 & PS3 finished behind the Wii in sales, and Nintendo's next console was the WiiU, that mean that the XB1/PS4 released after the gen started. So if that is correct then, the Switch has started a next gen. Simple, simple, simple, but not as simple as you it seems.

But you are right about one thing and your stupidity does make for some good entertainment.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

:P

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Juub1990: Complicated words, you? Lol, I think you're confused, seems to be happening to you a lot in this thread. But you're right, the switch, a 3 year old console that's underpowered already during its current gen is actually next gen, lol, god you cant make this shit up. Its Nintendo's next console after the utter failure of the WiiU, I'll give you that, but if you truly believe that the switch was the start of next gen 3 years ago may god have mercy on your poor misguided soul.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Livecommander said:

@Pedro: it's hard believe you enjoy games with that robotic few on material things. In case you didnt know video games are a materialistic things made by companies as well

With your logic the only thing you should truly enjoy is pitty pat with other humans lol

How can you not feel a console on a figurative level ?

Consoles are machines. People who feel emotionally attached to a console has personal problems. People who make a console part of their identity also have personal problems. None of this relates to games. Do you feel like you won when a console company sells more than another company because you bought their hardware? That is an odd sense of accomplishment.

Yes... When the dang corner store's grill is still on after 10pm i feel like i've won.

My system of choice selling extremely well is extra assurance that the game universes and communtiy i love isnt going anywhere.

Its not a hard concept to grasp man lol. But if consoles do seize to exist no duh i can adapt and enjoy games elsewhere.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@Livecommander said:

Yes... When the dang corner store's grill is still on after 10pm i feel like i've won.

My system of choice selling extremely well is extra assurance that the game universes and communtiy i love isnt going anywhere.

Its not a hard concept to grasp man lol. But if consoles do seize to exist no duh i can adapt and enjoy games elsewhere.

Change is going to occur whether you like it or not. The death of juvenile behavior in the console arena over stupid console wars is long overdue. The companies that don't adapt would be the next Blockbuster.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

You really need to ask a shareholder or stakeholder in these massive corporations, not the consumer who play the GAMES. Because games are the only thing that really matter to gamers. You only buy a game once. You don't play sales.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

You really need to ask a shareholder or stakeholder in these massive corporations, not the consumer who play the GAMES. Because games are the only thing that really matter to gamers. You only buy a game once. You don't play sales.

Yea but what most gamers dont get is that aaa games would evolve way slower if consoles stop thriving.

So if games are something you claim to care about you wouldnt want things to mirror pc

its bad enough we are using x86 right now

imagine claiming to love power of coal (pc) while slowing down the different ways to use coal(consoles)

We would probably still be satisfied with just coal for energy right now lol

Until current gaming pcs start at 300 gamers should always route for consoles.

Unless they play the same old kind of games forever. Making them a part of a minority. Special cases lol

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I think that it's pretty pathetic to personally identify with a brand so much that you feel that kind of emotion about what position the brand holds worldwide. I love a lot of products but I'm really careful about brand loyalty. Some of y'all lose yourselves in this shit and it's really scary.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Juub1990: lmao that's some BS and you know it. All that matters is Sony passed MS. Many sites reported that PS3 surpassed 360 before PS4 even released. Nice try.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@Juub1990: lmao that's some BS and you know it. All that matters is Sony passed MS. Many sites reported that PS3 surpassed 360 before PS4 even released. Nice try.

weren't people just estimating because there were no longer any hard sales numbers?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Juub1990

@Sagemode87: Really? Could have sworn it was confirmed to have surpassed only recently.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@n64dd said:

@vfighter: Nah fam, i just wanna know how people live with the embarassment of it all.

Since I usually own all the systems and didn't have a hand in creating any of them, no embarrassment at all my man.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Livecommander said:

@Pedro: it's hard believe you enjoy games with that robotic few on material things. In case you didnt know video games are a materialistic things made by companies as well

With your logic the only thing you should truly enjoy is pitty pat with other humans lol

How can you not feel a console on a figurative level ?

Consoles are machines. People who feel emotionally attached to a console has personal problems. People who make a console part of their identity also have personal problems. None of this relates to games. Do you feel like you won when a console company sells more than another company because you bought their hardware? That is an odd sense of accomplishment.

This

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Xbox 360 was ahead of Playstation and Nintendo Wii for most of last gen.

Only cought up by PS3 at the end of last gen.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Nintendo

Gen 1 - color tv game

Gen 2 - nes

Gen 3 - snes

Gen 4 - N64

Gen 5 - gamecube

Gen 6 - wii

Gen 7 - wii u

Gen 8 - switch

Playstation

Gen - 1 ps1

Gen - 2 ps2

Gen - 3 ps3

Gen - 4 ps4

Gen - 5 ps5

Xbox

Gen 1 - xbox

Gen 2 - xbox 360

Gen 3 - xbox one

Gen 4 - xbox series x

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@heretrix said:

I think that it's pretty pathetic to personally identify with a brand so much that you feel that kind of emotion about what position the brand holds worldwide. I love a lot of products but I'm really careful about brand loyalty. Some of y'all lose yourselves in this shit and it's really scary.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Microsoft never made something as shit as Virtual Boy or WiiU, lol.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@locopatho said:

Microsoft never made something as s*** as Virtual Boy or WiiU, lol.

And Nintendo has never made anything that is a PR disaster that is the "Red Ring of Death" found on many Xbox 360 systems!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@locopatho said:

Microsoft never made something as s*** as Virtual Boy or WiiU, lol.

And Nintendo has never made anything that is a PR disaster that is the "Red Ring of Death" found on many Xbox 360 systems!

Like many X360 gamers, my console got RROD. Guess what, MS fixed it for free!

When my PS2 broke (stopped reading any discs), Sony charged me 120 euros to fix it.

Thanks, MS! Boo, Sony!

(Nintendo does get off free on this one. None of their systems from SNES/GB up to WIIU/Switch have ever broken on me)

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@onesiphorus: and the PS3 had yyod. Both console that gen had major issues.