How did Forza 5 outscore Gran Turismo 6 again? *UPDATED*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

johnmatherson and cows in tears again lol

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Great points, maybe cuz of $$$?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

GT6 outscored it on Metacritic where it really matters. Gamespot reviewers are running jokes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder said:

Gamespot reviewers are running jokes.

QFT.

I doubt Gamespot is getting paid by publishers. I imagine they're just terrible at what they do - a "profession" with low standards anyway.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Forza 5 is surprisingly good. The first game in ages where I have had a laugh with randomers.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Games in direct competition like this should be reviewed by the same person. What is one reviewer isn'ta big racing fab so he automatically takes points off or if a certain aspect of the games bothers one reviewer and not the other so the score for the one is docked. Personally the scores don't bother me because I use metacritic for when I am in retested in a game because you get a much wider view of the game from 20 reviewers than 1.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

johnmatherson and cows in tears again lol

Lmao I guess Desructoid and Usagamer are.also in tears and Turn10 studios.are also.in.tears.when they.apologized for their game. Yeah we're in tears alright. Our prayerstoyou'debitcards

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Why do you care what GS (one person's opinion) thinks about GT6? I don't.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Because it is more fun than gt6? Seriously, when reading all the reviews that bring down forzas score it is due to less content than prior the prior game.. That's it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Flop Turismo, thread discussion over.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Since we are on GS FM5 is the superior game on here.

When u are in the real world GT6 is the superior game. As soon as u log off GT6 is superior to FM5.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

The general consensus headache and repeat cow, is that Forza has better physics and driving, while having a better sense of speed and graphics, and is fun to play. Even against the computer, which is not stupid in forza 5.

GT6 does have more content (though seems to be less than 5 overall) but ok... What else?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

The general consensus headache and repeat cow, is that Forza has better physics and driving, while having a better sense of speed and graphics, and is fun to play. Even against the computer, which is not stupid in forza 5.

GT6 does have more content (though seems to be less than 5 overall) but ok... What else?

1. The only thing Forza has better than is Graphics,

2. Forza can be argued to have better Artificial Intelligence but Gran Turismo has been said by multiple places to have better driving feel/physics. Look in the OP.

3. GT6 does have more content (though seems to be less than 5 overall) <----What does this even mean? And no...GT has shit tons more content hands down. Not debatable because if you debate this then maybe we'd have to debate that the earth supports life.

Besides, that's not the point at all. The point is that...

1. Gamespot deducted points from GT6 because you have to PLAY to get money to spend, and then they give points to Forza 5 for having a short career mode with not a lot of cars and for being setup to allow for DLC and actual REAL MONEY spending in the future.

2. They said GT6 tracks appear dated, when Forza 5 has been said to get old in a short amount of time due to the very limited amount of tracks....

Maybe you can clarify and defend them. It makes absolutely no sense.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

why do you care so much? Just play the damn game and shut up

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

someone is mad at forza 5 score,it explains the dedication to make this butthurt thread lol, #staymad.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jakandsigz

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

2. Forza can be argued to have better Artificial Intelligence but Gran Turismo has been said by multiple places to have better driving feel/physics. Look in the OP.

3. GT6 does have more content (though seems to be less than 5 overall) <----What does this even mean? And no...GT has shit tons more content hands down. Not debatable because if you debate this then maybe we'd have to debate that the earth supports life.

1. Gamespot deducted points from GT6 because you have to PLAY to get money to spend, and then they give points to Forza 5 for having a short career mode with not a lot of cars and for being setup to allow for DLC and actual REAL MONEY spending in the future.

2. They said GT6 tracks appear dated, when Forza 5 has been said to get old in a short amount of time due to the very limited amount of tracks....

1. No. More.

2. Actually no, most people said Forza has better physics and as a result better damage boxes and easier to drive.

3. What does this mean? Do you know how to read? I also said that GT did have more content, you cow is making you see imaginary words I never typed.

4. They gave it to forza because it had better physics, damage, better graphics, more fun driving, keeping the custom options, smart a.i., and a blast with local MP. They had more fun with Forza 5, as did a lot of reviewers, most of Forza's minuses in most review sites is only content.

5. Having a few long detailed tracks which new updates adding more, and recycling tracks are two different things. Or still having foliage and groud textures issues in their GT racing game in 2013.

It's not about defending it's what's been said, you asked the question i gave you every ones answers. i don't give to shits about either because they both were lazy and rushed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Dont care. Looking forward to Drive Club myself

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Looks like someone got a massive case of butthurt for Xmas.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jakandsigz

@Heil68 said:

Hopefully iit comes out and time and is as entertaining as the devs other games. Which if I am not msitaken, all their games last gen were motorstorm right?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

1. No. More.

2. Actually no, most people said Forza has better physics and as a result better damage boxes and easier to drive.

3. What does this mean? Do you know how to read? I also said that GT did have more content, you cow is making you see imaginary words I never typed.

4. They gave it to forza because it had better physics, damage, better graphics, more fun driving, keeping the custom options, smart a.i., and a blast with local MP. They had more fun with Forza 5, as did a lot of reviewers, most of Forza's minuses in most review sites is only content.

5. Having a few long detailed tracks which new updates adding more, and recycling tracks are two different things. Or still having foliage and groud textures issues in their GT racing game in 2013.

It's not about defending it's what's been said, you asked the question i gave you every ones answers. i don't give to shits about either because they both were lazy and rushed.

Oh when you said less than 5 I thought you meant Forza 5 which is why I said "what does it mean" because it made your statement appear like a paradox. Yeah I know how to read and I just gave you an open and objective response but thanks for attacking me.

And again, **** that because GT6 can be argued to have better of everything you just said except graphics...and wtf do you mean becuse it has better graphics. It's an Xbox One game compared to a 2006 console. It's suppose to have better graphics. That's like giving a game points for having a save function. Since when did we start giving points to things that are supposed to be? "I bought the game and put it in and it appears the disk isn't blank and that the disk actually does have the game on it for me to play...a 9/10" That's pretty much what you just said.

And no **** that. The reasons they gave for their score as you can see in the OP and on the review page are really fcking stupid.

Good graphics....Um....GT6 on a 7 year old console looks pretty darn good so why didn't it get points for its good graphics?

Flexible Gameplay...Yeah okay...with like 5 tracks and 200 hundred cars...really?

Top Gear...I'll let you think about this one.

Visually Staggering presentation...Oh congratufukcinglations...

The review was bullshit and full of insubstantial reasons. Forza's 9 isn't justifed at all...and GT6's 7 is definitely not justified.

if you want to see inconsistency, like many people have said before GT6 was even reviewed, there's no way GT6 should score worse than GT5. From GT5 the only way to go is up, which Polyphony did.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

Hopefully iit comes out and time and is as entertaining as the devs other games. Which if I am not msitaken, all their games last gen were motorstorm right?

They should just release it as it is today and set it up for Microtrans and future DLCs. Gamespot will definitely give them a 9/10 for sure.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jakandsigz

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

1. No. More.

Oh when you said less than 5 I thought you meant Forza 5 which is why I said "what does it mean" because it made your statement appear like a paradox. Yeah I know how to read and I just gave you an open and objective response but thanks for attacking me.

And again, **** that because GT6 can be argued to have better of everything you just said except graphics...and wtf do you mean becuse it has better graphics. It's an Xbox One game compared to a 2006 console. It's suppose to have better graphics. That's like giving a game points for having a save function. Since when did we start giving points to things that are supposed to be? "I bought the game and put it in and it appears the disk isn't blank and that the disk actually does have the game on it for me to play...a 9/10" That's pretty much what you just said.

And no **** that. The reasons they gave for their score as you can see in the OP and on the review page are really fcking stupid.

Good graphics....Um....GT6 on a 7 year old console looks pretty darn good so why didn't it get points for its good graphics?

Flexible Gameplay...Yeah okay...with like 5 tracks and 200 hundred cars...really?

The review was bullshit and full of insubstantial reasons. Forza's 9 isn't justifed at all...and GT6's 7 is definitely not justified.

if you want to see inconsistency, like many people have said before GT6 was even reviewed, there's no way GT6 should score worse than GT5. From GT5 the only way to go is up, which Polyphony did.

I am literally telling you what's in almost every review you can find on google with both and the ones on MC.

You can call BS all you want but you would have to make up facts (of other peoples opinions) to do so, which is what you are doing.

What i said are the reasons, go read them yourself, it's not just GS, all lower scores for Forza are all content based except one reviewer who complained about them combining two modes from Forza 4 into one.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jakandsigz

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

They should just release it as it is today and set it up for Microtrans and future DLCs. Gamespot will definitely give them a 9/10 for sure.

Or they will give it a 7. Lol, self ownage.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

Or they will give it a 7. Lol, self ownage.

No they gave Forza 5 a 9 so....

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

1. No. More.

I am literally telling you what's in almost every review you can find on google with both and the ones on MC.

You can call BS all you want but you would have to make up facts (of other peoples opinions) to do so, which is what you are doing.

What i said are the reasons, go read them yourself, it's not just GS, all lower scores for Forza are all content based except one reviewer who complained about them combining two modes from Forza 4 into one.

Wait, so when I listed all the points and reasons GS gave for their review and linked to the review page that's a made up opinion?

And you're defending Forza 5 but you're not justifying or explaining GT6's review score. You don't get it. I don't give a shit that Forza scored a 9 and GT6 can score a 2 for all I care...but if you're going to review two racing games that are in competition with each other, you better have fucking consistent and substantial and reasonable reasons for your score.

Go read both reviews and then come back and then you'll see why everyone thinks GS was paid for Forza 5. It makes no fucking sense at all. They literally contradicted themselves. Things they gave FZ points for weren't given to GT.

And aside from all of this, one big factor is that a 60$ rushed and heavily light on value game that's deliberately set up to allow for microtransactions and DLCS should be bought just for the sake of destroying. It's an insult to gamers and it's disgusting. Oh, and the devs you're defending apologized and acknowledged their crap.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

It's sad when the TC comes up with a well thought out post and all he gets from the opposing side is "butthurt", and "9>7" .. that's exactly why this place is trash now a days. Posts like those would have been modded but now every thread is swarmed with them.

As for the topic at hand, if we were to look at everyones trophies and achievements 95% of people that post in GTvsFM threads would show they haven't played either. Never understood why people get so passionate over games they have no desire to play.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

He's having another meltdown xD

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By John_Matherson

@W1NGMAN- said:

It's sad when the TC comes up with a well thought out post and all he gets from the opposing side is "butthurt", and "9>7" .. that's exactly why this place is trash now a days. Posts like those would have been modded but now every thread is swarmed with them.

As for the topic at hand, if we were to look at everyones trophies and achievements 95% of people that post in GTvsFM threads would show they haven't played either. Never understood why people get so passionate over games they have no desire to play.

LMAAAOOO NO No the most epic part about this are two reasons.

1. I (the same cow that's apparently butthurt) was the one who spent hours making the beautiful Forza 5 Hype thread....and the GT6 Hype thread too.

2. I was the one who called out Lemmings for not hyping the game and I was the one who pretty much took charge of tracking the Forza 5 review and hype poll and pretty much everything connected to both FZ5 and Ryse...but now I'm apparently butthurt.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@W1NGMAN- said:

Xboners aren't gamers. They just hate SONY.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Jakandsigz

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

1. No. More.

Wait, so when I listed all the points and reasons GS gave for their review and linked to the review page that's a made up opinion?

You did not read a word of my post. (Not to mention you did not read the whole GS review, but only the bullet points) Because if you did you would see me say the "Majority of review sites"

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

You did not read a word of my post. (Not to mention you did not read the whole GS review, but only the bullet points) Because if you did you would see me say the "Majority of review sites"

No...No...No I read your post. I'm taking everything GS said in their review and everything they gave FZ 5 points for and I'm applying it to the game, and the game is falling severely short. I'm also taking everything they said for FZ and every reason FZ got points and applying it to GT6, but it appears that GT6 isn't being given credit for these points. There's inconsistency. ANyone with half a brain can see it. I'm not the only one who sees it.

You addressed the content based issue and yes you're saying that's the only down factor for Forza 5.

Okay...what are the down factors for GT6 on these other sites?

And would you like me to post reviews from other sites about Forza? Because you said my only proof are the opinions of others but it seems like Destructoid, as I included in the OP, aren't the only one concerened about the greedy money schemes in Forza 5. Giantbomb said it too.

But somehow GS didn't mention a single fucking thing about it.

Shenanigans

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jakandsigz

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

No...No...No I read your post. I'm taking everything GS said in their review and everything they gave FZ 5 points for and I'm applying it to the game, and the game is falling severely short. I'm also taking everything they said for FZ and every reason FZ got points and applying it to GT6, but it appears that GT6 isn't being given credit for these points. There's inconsistency. ANyone with half a brain can see it. I'm not the only one who sees it.

You addressed the content based issue and yes you're saying that's the only down factor for Forza 5.

And would you like me to post reviews from other sites about Forza? Because you said my only proof are the opinions of others but it seems like Destructoid, as I included in the OP, aren't the only one concerened about the greedy money schemes in Forza 5. Giantbomb said it too.

Shenanigans

And sos did reviewers that gave Forza a lower score. you are basically hurt about 1 SINGLE thing in the GS review which if GS had the same review, but gave a lower score you would not be complaining about MT (which GT6 has to an extend anyway) at all.

So I am not entirely sure what the big deal here is. Again, there are other review sites that did not (actually quite a bit) mention MT and yet, gave a lower score to Forza 5.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#83 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Two different reviewers. Or are you saying when someone reviews a game, they should play the competitors and compare? Or just one person review games? Or just accept the person who reviewed F5 really loved the experience, and GT6 reviewer liked the experience.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

Two different reviewers. Or are you saying when someone reviews a game, they should play the competitors and compare? Or just one person review games? Or just accept the person who reviewed F5 really loved the experience, and GT6 reviewer liked the experience.

This is what I said on the first page:

It's still 2 people but does System Wars count AAA/AAAE/AA scores based on individual reviewers or do we count them based on GAMESPOT??? Because "different people/ different opinions" doesn't cut it in System Wars, a place that tracks AAA scores for games. because these different and inconsistent, and bogus opinions are the reason why the PS3 is short of a potential AAA and the Xbox One an undeserved AAA

If Sys Wars meta game runs on indivdual reviewers instead of Gamespot in general, then for this scenario, the 2 different people/opinions would make sense, but the meta game runs on GS reviews.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

If you use an aggregate scoring system like MC, it technically didn't outscore GT6.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

More Content + better driving physics -> lower score

Very bad logic.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 John_Matherson

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Shenanigans

And sos did reviewers that gave Forza a lower score. you are basically hurt about 1 SINGLE thing in the GS review which if GS had the same review, but gave a lower score you would not be complaining about MT (which GT6 has to an extend anyway) at all.

So I am not entirely sure what the big deal here is. Again, there are other review sites that did not (actually quite a bit) mention MT and yet, gave a lower score to Forza 5.

What???

I made both the hype threads for both games and I know how much content and quality both games packed. I literally spend hours researching and putting it all together. SO...when I saw that a game that took one game got a better review than the other, knowing what both games have to offer, my red flag went up and I went digging and I found something. If it had the same review and gave a lower score, as long as the score is consistent with the review I won't have a problem. Did you read the FZ5 review? It looks like GS literally received and email from MS and just copied and pasted exactly what MS told them to. The review looks like a fucking brochure an AD. How long did it take them to finish reviewing GT6...that alone shows how big and immense GT6 is.

ANd so what if the other sites didn't mention MT? Destructoid of 9 factors only gave 2 to Forza 5 compared to GT6 that got a 7.

The game is lacking in content, that's one VERY BIG reason besides MT to give it a 7...

Hmm....Let's see...what PS3 game was excellent for many reasons but fell short due to being too short? Heavenly Sword, and that game shattered and pooped on everything in terms of graphics, design, animation, capture in it's release time frame. But what did GS give it? An 8/10.

The game (aside from online which GT6 can be argued to be superior/bigger/more immense) is really short in terms of replayability. How long until 5 tracks get old? How long can you play on the same tracks until they get old? And then GS has the nerves to say the game has a flexible career mode...about 200 cars and like 5 tracks..

Just No. It makes no sense. It's a stupid review and it appears paid.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

First off I'm only 25% complete with the career mode, and roughly 4.5 hours of driving time on the track but these are some of my thoughts on some statements made in the GS review ...

"Career mode begins without even giving you a choice of your first car; you're forced into the tepid Honda Fit for around the first 90 minutes of the game."

• Honestly I don't think I spent more than 30 minutes with the Honda Fit. Novice has a total of 8 races each taking roughly 3 minutes to complete, after I moved on to the National B races I purchased a Camaro SS and never went back to the Fit.

"older tracks are sorely in need of a fresh coat of paint. Some of the environment art leaves a lot to be desired too, and is in danger of falling far behind the rest of the racing pack. Many of the grandstands are filled with cardboard-cutout fans, and some locations have some horrible-looking trees and rock textures that look like they haven't been updated since GT4 on the PlayStation 2. Rain effects are disappointing too, with water falling from the sky in jagged lines, and spray from cars looking like a decal glued to the back of each vehicle."

• I agree the visuals are hit or miss, but overall it's one of the best looking sim racers on the market, period. It's a notch above FM4, and obviously a notch below FM5. A lot of his graphical grips are very nit picky considering you're flying by pedestrians, and the developers are working with limited graphical capabilities. I'd take cardboard cut out fans for a smoother running game any day of the week

" load times are inconsistent too."

• I wish the reviewer would have elaborated a little more on this, inconsistent how? I've noticed the first time driving a course the load times will be longer than one that you've already driven before. I'm assuming the game caches each track the first time you drive them. I also wish the reviewer would have made mentioned about how extremely fast load times are this time around! That's been the biggest improvement over GT5 by far ... Load screens literally appear and disappear in a matter of seconds it's fantastic.

"In a weird twist, GT6 no longer separates standard and premium cars on the dealership screens. This can lead to spending your hard-earned credits on a new ride, only to get onto the circuit and find that it looks jagged and blurry next to the other pristine cars. Car audio is still a problem too. This is one of the worst parts of the series' long legacy and is crying out to be updated. Powerful supercars still sound like lawnmowers and hairdryers. Changes have been promised for future patches, but at the moment, the audio has been lapped by the competition."

• Agreed 100%! The sound in this game is God awful!! Also non premium cars still look pretty terrible.

"The AI needs a big upgrade as well. Despite promised improvements, Gran Turismo 6 feels much the same as past GT games."

• I agree to an extent. It does feel a lot like past GT games but honestly when it comes to racing sims and mimicking race car drivers you're gonna end up with most vehicles trying to drive the best line possible. The occasional early braking and bumping around corners can get annoying but from what I've read Drivatar isn't exactly the solution to this problem either.

"Unfortunately, if you want to build up a big car collection, you're going to need either a lot of spare time or a lot of spare cash."

• How is this any different than any other GT game or sim racer on the market? These games have always been a grind fest, only difference now is you're given the option to spend money to get over the grind. I see this as kids usually have the time not the money, adults have the money not the time. Being 15 at the time GT3 was all I played, and I played it for all of what it was worth. However now that I'm in my late 20's I don't have that kind of time anymore but I sure as hell have the money. If I start to fatigue on the grind I just might toss some money into GT6.

"you have to actively go looking for the store to do so, but the choice to add microtransactions instead of addressing the grind leaves a bad taste in the mouth."

• This line was rich. The reviewer admits you have to go searching for microtransactions. (FM5 throws it in your face any chance it gets) He doesn't like the grind of GT6 (it's always been part of the series, without the grind what's the point of a career mode?)

" Gran Turismo 6 remains a fantastic simulation; it's just not a great game."

• Just an opinion, so far I think it's a fantastic simulation; a great game as well.

Closing thoughts ... For GT7 PD please give me REAL damage, remove standard vehicles, and for God sakes fix the sound in this series!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By cainetao11

Would quote John_Matherson, but on phone at moment. This is one of those things, like pro sports, that has human beings involved. Like sports, people argue how things could've/should've been because of human referees errors. But u said AAA that PS3 should've got and AAA x1 doesn't deserve. Who says? You? That's just another opinion, same as reviewers. Yes the meta game counts them, but emphasis on GAME. You're taking this way too seriously, and I don't believe your opinion of Forza 5 is valid because you made a hype thread. Get the console and game and play it for that to be taken seriously.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

Would quote John_Matherson, but on phone at moment. This is one of those things, like pro sports, that has human beings involved. Like sports, people argue how things could've/should've been because of human referees errors. But u said AAA that PS3 should've got and AAA x1 doesn't deserve. Who says? You? That's just another opinion, same as reviewers. Yes the meta game counts them, but emphasis on GAME. You're taking this way too seriously, and I don't believe your opinion of Forza 5 is valid because you made a hype thread. Get the console and game and play it for that to be taken seriously.

That's not the point of me bringing up the hype thread...I brought it up to say that I know how much content and features both games have. And yes it's a game, and yes it's all opinion but the fact still stands that the reviewers are poorly done and the scores aren't properly explained or justified and overall, it makes no sense...there's just no way in hell Forza is 9 and GT6 is a 7.

And the OP is well researched and put together and if you look closely, I rarely used my opinions as a factor but used facts and characteristics from both games. I simply queried the opinions of the reviewers and used what they say against them because the outcome of both reviews make no sense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 cainetao11

@John_Matherson: yes in the op, you presented facts about the games. But the end result is there isn't, nor will there ever be a universally accepted, objective basis to which all reviews are to be held to. Film is no different. Man of steel was on IGNs worst of 2013 list. I strongly disagree, oh well. The reviewer of Forza 5 loved it, the one for GT6 didn't, oh well. Going by metacritic, beyond 2 souls is not AAA, here and in the meta game it is. Come on bro, you're smart enough to know it doesn't matter.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

@John_Matherson: yes in the op, you presented facts about the games. But the end result is there isn't, nor will there ever be a universally accepted, objective basis to which all reviews are to be held to. Film is no different. Man of steel was on IGNs worst of 2013 list. I strongly disagree, oh well. The reviewer of Forza 5 loved it, the one for GT6 didn't, oh well. Going by metacritic, beyond 2 souls is not AAA, here and in the meta game it is. Come on bro, you're smart enough to know it doesn't matter.

I know. I'm simply pointing out an observation, is all. I don't expect it to make a difference. Of course it won't change anything. I drew a subjective conclusion from objective facts...like we always do here in Sys Wars

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cainetao11

@John_Matherson: well said. Been getting a lot of backlash lately, huh? Well keep doing your thing, dude, I always get good info and an interesting view point from you.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

@John_Matherson: well said. Been getting a lot of backlash lately, huh? Well keep doing your thing, dude, I always get good info and an interesting view point from you.

Doesn't really bother me. Thanks!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

lol u mad bro?

Wasted Wisdom is always mad. I truly hope the dude is like 12 years old or something. If not, oof, he needs to go outside or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Since update 1.02 you can earn up to 6,000,000 cr in certain Events on GT5.

That kills the whole microtransaction nonsense.

It might be better if you bitches actually played the game

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Yeah, it looks like someone is still a little butthurt that GT6 flopped worse then GT5. lol!!! Deal with it Johnny boy.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

I love me a John thread. It is always filled first with the ramblings of toddler, then crying of a child on why his game didn't score well, lastly it ends in him melting down because someone disagrees with his opinion.

Hey John, no one cares that you disagree with the score of a game and write a dissertation on why it should have scored higher.

Move along people it is just another Johnny_Meltdown thread.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@W1NGMAN-: I agree with everything you said there, the good and the bad.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 John_Matherson

@W1NGMAN- said:

@kuu2 said:

I love me a John thread. It is always filled first with the ramblings of toddler, then crying of a child on why his game didn't score well, lastly it ends in him melting down because someone disagrees with his opinion.

Hey John, no one cares that you disagree with the score of a game and write a dissertation on why it should have scored higher.

Move along people it is just another Johnny_Meltdown thread.

@blackace said:

Yeah, it looks like someone is still a little butthurt that GT6 flopped worse then GT5. lol!!! Deal with it Johnny boy.

...Seems legit.

/thread.

Oh wait...this is my thread.