How can you HONESTLY support 360?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hikaru-119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hikaru-119
Member since 2003 • 232 Posts

1. Console constantly breaks (absolute trash construction)

2. The games that matter look better on PS3 Oblivion being a prime example.

3. Microsoft SAYS blu-ray is rippin you off that their isnt a market for 500+ consoles.....then they add more HDD space and HDMI ports and charge you as much as a PS3 which has lots of HDD space, HDMI, 7.1 surround, SD slots, WiFi, and just plain more...but as you know those are all "free" according to BS microsoft logic....

--On a seperate note--

Why do ppl predict 70 million console sales? the market for gaming has grown tremendously in the past 15 years...I'm gonna say 150 million for PS3 and 360 alone at the end of their lifespans (pricedrops and long lifespans ftw)

Ivan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ivan5
Member since 2005 • 1701 Posts

Because it has the best games...oh yeah and topic = YAWN.

shuddupa ya face.

marklarmer
agreed.....
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
my 360 is fine. hasnt even froze once since 2005
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Best games, Best online....
-zonkey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -zonkey-
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

shuddupa ya face.

Ivan5

agreed.....

YAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNv i agreee tooo YAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWNYAWN

alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
because i wanna play games
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

3. Microsoft SAYS blu-ray is rippin you off that their isnt a market for 500+ consoles.....then they add more HDD space and HDMI ports and charge you as much as a PS3 which has lots of HDD space, HDMI, 7.1 surround, SD slots, WiFi, and just plain more...but as you know those are all "free" according to BS microsoft logic....

--On a seperate note--

Why do ppl predict 70 million console sales? the market for gaming has grown tremendously in the past 15 years...I'm gonna say 150 million for PS3 and 360 alone at the end of their lifespans (pricedrops and long lifespans ftw)

Hikaru-119

Because we aren't downstraight stupid. 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

Xbox360 is the best thing since slice bread. That's what the 360 fans want you to believe. The ONLY PS3 is not dominating is the $600 price tag. It's not because the lack of games, forcing blu-ray, or Sony is evil. I think 360 fans are upset that they stuck with the 360 with 1 hot game GeoW. With the gameplay that last about 1-2 months.

jcant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jcant
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

1. mine is fine, and i've had it for over a year. I really dont care what happens to other peoples because it doesnt affect me at all.

2. 1 game that game out a year ago for the 360. Why wouldnt it have better graphics? Plus I played that game almost a year ago, so how does it matter to me?

3. I didn't know 480=600. Plus I got mine for 400. My tv works with component for 1080p, so I dont need hdmi. I dont need a bigger hd. Why do I need an sd card when I can sync my 360 with my windows media center pc. I dont want wifi because wired works better for online games. \

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Because I enjoy playing its games? :?

How can you HONESTLY not support any console? Competition strives the industry forward, and all 3 consoles offer something great this generation.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

2. If yout think the PS3 Oblivion with the washed out colors, wahed out shadows, half the resolution textures in rocks, flat ground textures in towns, huge framerate slowdowns, no AA, FAR worst and less impressive HDR than on 360 and not got Shivering Isles, which is 30% of the main game is better than 360 version somehow......... you are simply put dillusional.

And my 360 has not broken yet, i have it from launch

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
By making a purchase of one.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

shungokustasu

Xbox360 is the best thing since slice bread. That's what the 360 fans want you to believe. The ONLY PS3 is not dominating is the $600 price tag. It's not because the lack of games, forcing blu-ray, or Sony is evil. I think 360 fans are upset that they stuck with the 360 with 1 hot game GeoW. With the gameplay that last about 1-2 months.

i dont care what you believe...

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
I want Eternal Sonata :evil:
playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

How can you HONESTLY support PlayStation?

1. Constant console breaks (absolute trash construction) i.e., disk read errors out the wazzoo, I'm looking at you PS2.

2. The games that matter look better on 360. Gears of War, wait, that isn't on Blu-ray?! Sports games, racing games, look better on 360. Oblivion has better character models on PS3 as well as draw distance. Then again, hermits and lemmings beat that game a year before cows could buy it, and had all the quests done before cows even started drooling over screen shots. What about PS3 exclusives? Like DMC, GTA4... oh wait.

3. Sony says Blu-ray is a good deal, so you should buy their 600 dollar console. Microsoft gives the option for more space in preparation for IPTV, add HDMI (although it doesn't have 7.1 surround. oh wait, how many cows actually have a Dolby TruHD receiver with HDMI 1.3, and a *nice* set of 8 speakers? I think...none). Microsoft adds a dongle for wi-fi because wireless online play sucks for lag, and no SD card slots, which... cows use all the time to use their PS3 to look at their *pics*... while lemmings have a 360 rigged straight to a pc with no need to purchase SD cards. Wow! Microsoft sure rips off their customers by providing them with options! 

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

shungokustasu

Just like teh Herd wants everyone to believe that they either owned a defective one or had a friend that did. I wouldn't even talk about exclusives with low replay seeing that Motorstorm lasts 8 hours...

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#18 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

1. My 360 has yet to break.

2. 360 has the best exclusives right now.

3. The $500 PS3 has been discontinued, so the PS3 is more expensive than the Elite.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shungokustasu

Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...SolidSnake35

What games? 

Doc_smock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Doc_smock
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
[QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

shungokustasu

Yes the 360 only has one good game and no future.:roll:. Ya know I could write a list of all the AA+ games out now and coming out later in the year for 360, but you'd choose to ignore it so I'll just finish with your a fanboy.

Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts

1. .. Ok. Fanboy.

2. 1+ Year developement time, please think. :)

3. Companies says alot of things, Sony isn't innocent either. 

den1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 den1233
Member since 2005 • 601 Posts
i want to like the ps3 but then i see the games and just walk away.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Banjo-Threeie, that's how.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 greg_splicer
If yout think the PS3 Oblivion with the washed out colors, wahed out shadows, half the resolution textures in rocks, flat ground textures in towns, huge framerate slowdowns, no AA, FAR worst and less impressive HDR than on 360 and not got Shivering Isles, which is 30% of the main game is better than 360 version somehow......... you are simply put dillusional.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

"Topic:How can you HONESTLY support 360"

Why do you ask this question with out thinking about the answer yourself? If you can only look at an argument from one side then you miss out on the full picture. I find it frutraiting when people make comments that are so ridiculoisly one sided like this. Its not nescarily what your saying that has anoyed me, its the way you put it across, as if to say "in your face!", where the hell is that going to get you?

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

Fear on ps3: 7.1...ouch.

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

Yeah, mine almost constantly breaks, I mean you can't get much more constant than never can you? 

But you are right about Oblivion.  I guess I was just turned off to the PS3 version because back when Oblivion first came out I couldn't get the PS3 version to work.  I couldn't figure out how to plug the nonexistent controller into my nonexistent system, before inserting my nonexistent game into said nonexistent system and plugging the nonexistent HDMI into my TV.  By the time I could figure out how to get it to work I had already put 80 hrs or so into the X360 version :). 

You're totally right about the price as well.  I paid $0 extra to get my premium up to the same standards of gaming as an elite...what a rip.

mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
Because of the good games
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I've had my X360 since Sep 06. No crashes, no red lights. Plays fine. There are a GREAT deal more owners without problems than those with.

Most multiplat games look better on X360. Oblivion only looks better on PS3 because it's developed a year later. In the next year or so, we'll see games looking equal on both platforms without either having a tremendous graphical advantage over the other.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
My 360 froze 3 times last week, but it was not properly ventilated, the power brick was extremely hot, and i had been playing for 8 hours, sooo i put it in a ventilated place and i havent had a problem since
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ek-Andy

My 360 froze 3 times last week, but it was not properly ventilated, the power brick was extremely hot, and i had been playing for 8 hours, sooo i put it in a ventilated place and i havent had a problem since-Sora

Yeah, the 360 is known for its overheating issues. I think the 360s two bigest flaws are ventilation/ amount of heat produced by the 360, and the fact there are only 2 USB ports. I cant see why they cant have just designed it with 4, there must have surely been enough space. But becaues there are only two ports, it makes it impossible to have 2 wired controllers, and a network adaptor pluges into the console, and im very very cheap, and dont like having to charge baterries alot. :(

jcant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jcant
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sora"]My 360 froze 3 times last week, but it was not properly ventilated, the power brick was extremely hot, and i had been playing for 8 hours, sooo i put it in a ventilated place and i havent had a problem sinceEk-Andy

Yeah, the 360 is known for its overheating issues. I think the 360s two bigest flaws are ventilation/ amount of heat produced by the 360, and the fact there are only 2 USB ports. I cant see why they cant have just designed it with 4, there must have surely been enough space. But becaues there are only two ports, it makes it impossible to have 2 wired controllers, and a network adaptor pluges into the console, and im very very cheap, and dont like having to charge baterries alot. :(

it has 3 usb ports. You obviously don't have a 360 so stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...shungokustasu

What games?

Out Now
Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DOA 4, DOAX2, PGR 3, Fight Night R3, GeoW, RainbowSix Vegas, GRAW 1/2, BFME II, Splinter Cell: DA, Saints Row, GeoW, Oblivion

Coming Out
Forza 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Halo Wars, CnC Tiberium Wars, Ninja Gaiden 2, DMC 4, VF 5, GTA 4, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Kane and Lynch

I know it's painful the 1st time you open your eyes, but your vision will adjust and seeing things the way they really are gets less painful in time.

freakinretart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freakinretart
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

because it got the best games

controller(in my oppinion)

and better multis

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

Hikaru-119

I didn't read the rest. #1 was enough to make my purchase decision. 

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="-Sora"]My 360 froze 3 times last week, but it was not properly ventilated, the power brick was extremely hot, and i had been playing for 8 hours, sooo i put it in a ventilated place and i havent had a problem sinceEk-Andy

Most X360's run better standing vertically than laying horizontally. Of course make sure there's enough breathing room. And there is a 3rd USB port in the back, but yeah I'll agree, there could be more. 

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...AdobeArtist

What games?

Out Now
Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DOA 4, DOAX2, PGR 3, Fight Night R3, GeoW, RainbowSix Vegas, GRAW 1/2, BFME II, Splinter Cell: DA, Saints Row, GeoW, Oblivion

Coming Out
Forza 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Halo Wars, CnC Tiberium Wars, Ninja Gaiden 2, DMC 4, VF 5, GTA 4, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Kane and Lynch

I know it's painful the 1st time you open your eyes, but your vision will adjust and seeing things the way they really are gets less painful in time.

Owned.  

Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ek-Andy
[QUOTE="Ek-Andy"]

[QUOTE="-Sora"]My 360 froze 3 times last week, but it was not properly ventilated, the power brick was extremely hot, and i had been playing for 8 hours, sooo i put it in a ventilated place and i havent had a problem sincejcant

it has 3 usb ports. You obviously don't have a 360 so stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about.

Erm yeah i do.... i just relised theres one on top of the ethernet port, now normally i wouldnt reply to such a stupid comment, but thanks for pointing that out :D. Ok so i can only see one major design fault. (and btw it wasnt very obvious where they put it so dont give me that talk, i know exactly what i am talking about and you are acting foolish!)

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

shungokustasu

Just to show you how little you know about gaming:

Top Xbox 360 Games

AAA = 5 

AA = 45

A = 56

Total A - AAA games:  106

Top PS3 Games

AAA = 1

AA = 15

A = 12

Total A - AAA games: 28

The Xbox 360 has 4 times as many Good-to-Superb games as the PS3.  Most multiplats are better on the 360. The ONE exception is Oblivion, and 360 owners played that a year ago anyway.

The price is only one reason why the PS3 is doing so poorly.  The TRUE reason is that the less expensive system has better games, better multiplaform titles, better online, and better non-gaming features as well.

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...Vyse_The_Daring

What games?

Out Now

Coming Out

Owned.  

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...AdobeArtist

What games?

Out Now

Coming Out

sigh...but if I make a list of PS3 games, you'll just say those games are not good. Then, I'll say the games you listed are not good either. Then you'll say but they are AA AAA titles, Then I'll say PS3 has AA AAA titles too. Then what it all boils down to is that both system has the games we each want. My point is PS3 has great games for PS3 owners just like Xbox360 has great games for Xbox360 owners. So, again the list never proves nothing. It's like your bread and butter argument that always comes up empty.  

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

shungokustasu

Come on you can give a better blind fanboy rant then that 

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Yep. The PS3 is superior to the 360. It's just a shame that the 360 gets all the games...shungokustasu

What games?

Out Now

Coming Out

sigh...but if I make a list of PS3 games, you'll just say those games are not good. Then, I'll say the games you listed are not good either. Then you'll say but they are AA AAA titles, Then I'll say PS3 has AA AAA titles too. Then what it all boils down to is that both system has the games we each want. My point is PS3 has great games for PS3 owners just like Xbox360 has great games for Xbox360 owners. So, again the list never proves nothing. It's like your bread and butter argument that always comes up empty.  

Yeah, but the 360 has more AA AAA titles and keeps on getting the AA AAA titles from the PS3. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Hikaru-119"]

--On a seperate note--

Mystikef

Just to show you how little you know about gaming:

Top Xbox 360 Games

AAA = 5 

AA = 45

A = 56

Total A - AAA games:  106

Top PS3 Games

AAA = 1

AA = 15

A = 12

Total A - AAA games: 28

The Xbox 360 has 4 times as many Good-to-Superb games as the PS3.  Most multiplats are better on the 360. The ONE exception is Oblivion, and 360 owners played that a year ago anyway.

The price is only one reason why the PS3 is doing so poorly.  The TRUE reason is that the less expensive system has better games, better multiplaform titles, better online, and better non-gaming features as well.

Actually PS3 Oblivion is worst than 360 version is as many ways as it is better, even after a year of optimizations

PS3 Oblivion is better in

- AF, textures look crisper far ahead

- loading times

PS3 Oblivion is worst in

- texture resolution, some rock textures are half res than 360 ones

- shaders, some towns have flat ground on PS3

- HDR, the HDR on PS3 just seems bad comparing to the vivid one in 360

- AA, no AA in PS3, jaggies everywhere

- washed out colors

Fact is 360 version could look FAR better than PS3 Oblivion, since Shivering Isles does look 2x better than both versions

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

I dont want wifi because wired works better for online games. \

jcant
LOL, maybe that would be true if M$ decided to host some damn servers instead of offering a hideous P2P service. Gold XBL subscribtion is the biggest rip-off this gen.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

I support all consoles (to some degree at least), so here's my reasoning:

• Elite is a great offer for first time 360 buyers like myself
  • It now has 1080p support, HDMI and a 120GB HDD
  • 65nm chipsets coming soon for more reliable hardware
  • Xbox Live is a fantastic and very well equipped online service
  • Some of the marketplace downloads like SotN are rare
  • It has demo, video and extra content downloads for most games
  • It's a console built primarily for gaming, and it shows
  • Cross-platform multiplayer is a feature on the table
  • Most games are better on the 360 eg. Achievements

Then there are the games i'm looking forward to buying:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Gears of War: Limited Edition
  • Hour of Victory
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
  • Halo 3: Legendary Edition
  • Ninja Gaiden 2
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Banjo Threeie
  • Viva Pinata
  • Call of Duty 2: GOTY Edition 
  • Mass Effect
  • Assassins Creed
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins
  • Dead Rising
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Too Human
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Army of Two
  • Blue Dragon
  • Lost Planet
  • Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Crackdown
  • BioShock
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • F.E.A.R
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

Damn..

ElTioGamboin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ElTioGamboin
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

shuddupa ya face.

marklarmer

PS3 will eventually surpass the amount of games of the 360, and also the amount of AAA titles, why do SW keep saying this at this point when we all know the PS3 will have more games?

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts

--On a seperate note--

Hikaru-119

1. i have my 360 since launch

2. maybe 1 or 2 games looks better on the ps3, the rest looks better on xbox360.oblivion  has an extra year of development and it looks just a bit better, for an extra year of development should look like the high end pc version, but i doesnt.

3.xbox360 is more a gaming machine.. ps3 is a multimedia machine who needs lot of cards slots? sony is selling u a blue ray player, by ur logic..