'Horizon Zero Dawn' retakes top spot in UK charts (Individual Formats Chart)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

Horizon's still selling really well in the UK.

According to a report from Metro, "Horizon Zero Dawn" has climbed to the number one spot in the Individual Formats chart in the week ending on April 22, as published by Gfk Chart-Track. The game, which was developed by Guerilla Games, bumped off Ubisoft's "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands" that lorded over the charts among games for the PlayStation 4 platform in the previous week.

It managed to take the spot from Ghost Recon which has surprisingly been on top for a while. Keep in mind that Horizon came back to the top of the Individual Formats chart. In the All Formats chart, Ghost Recon remained at the top.

I'm not surprised as Horizon is an awesome game. I wonder how long it can keep this pace?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

According to a report from Metro, "Horizon Zero Dawn" has climbed to the number one spot in the Individual Formats chart in the week ending on April 22, as published by Gfk Chart-Track. The game, which was developed by Guerilla Games, bumped off Ubisoft's "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands" that lorded over the charts among games for the PlayStation 4 platform in the previous week.

It managed to take the spot from Ghost Recon which has surprisingly been on top for a while. Keep in mind that Horizon came back to the top of the Individual Formats chart. In the All Formats chart, Ghost Recon remained at the top.

I'm not surprised as Horizon is an awesome game. I wonder how long it can keep this pace?

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Horizon Zero Dawn has 6th place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Love how long this game and Zelda have stayed in the charts. Especially since some people would have me believe single player story based games no longer have the impact they used to.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Yup that't the all formats chat which the article mentions:

As for the UK All Formats charts, "Wildlands" remained firm in its hold of the top spot, beating "GTA V" and "FIFA 17." "Horizon Zero Dawn," on the other hand, improved five spots, landing sixth behind "Lego's World," and "Rocket League."

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero_epyon

@charizard1605 said:

Love how long this game and Zelda have stayed in the charts. Especially since some people would have me believe single player story based games no longer have the impact they used to.

Haha perfect timing right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Zero_epyon: Do you know how Zelda is doing? I know it has at least managed to stay in the Top 10 Individual/All Formats more than Horizon, but i don't have an update for last week.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Nice! Loved every bit of it! Bring on the DLC!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zero_epyon

@charizard1605 said:

@Zero_epyon: Do you know how Zelda is doing? I know it has at least managed to stay in the Top 10 Individual/All Formats more than Horizon, but i don't have an update for last week.

Check this article out: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/24/horizon-zero-dawn-returns-to-uk-number-one-games-charts-22-april-6593956/

Zelda didn't seem to make it into the top 10 in individual formats. Probably due to the shortage of Switches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:

Check this article out: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/24/horizon-zero-dawn-returns-to-uk-number-one-games-charts-22-april-6593956/

Zelda didn't seem to make it into the top 10 in individual formats. Probably due to the shortage of Switches.

Makes sense. But hey, 4 million sold worldwide, I'm sure Nintendo is crying right now :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

This is what happen when you don't read you end looking like a fool,that is the all format chart not the individual....hahahahaahahhaha

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I really need to play Horizon when I have access to PS4 again. I've only heard really good things.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So being top of a individual console chart is a thing now? I'm more surprised that it left the top spot for PlayStation 4,

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

That's fantastic. Well done to Horizon on PS4. :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Love the game, glad its doing well, end of line.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GarGx1 said:

So being top of a individual console chart is a thing now? I'm more surprised that it left the top spot for PlayStation 4,

No, that's not what that means, it means that Horizon is at the top if you split each game by individual SKU instead of aggregating all SKUs for multiplats together

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GarGx1

@charizard1605 said:
@GarGx1 said:

No, that's not what that means, it means that Horizon is at the top if you split each game by individual SKU instead of aggregating all SKUs for multiplats together

At retail the Stock Keeping Unit would be a code number associated with PlayStation, perhaps not only PS4's but certainly only Sony branded software. So it's really much the same thing, it tops the charts for Sony branded console games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GarGx1 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@GarGx1 said:

At retail the Stock Keeping Unit would be a code number associated with PlayStation, perhaps not only PS4's but certainly only Sony branded software. So it's really much the same thing, it tops the charts for Sony branded console games.

In terms of charts, it means that, while Wildlands PS4+Xbox One+PC may have outsold Horizon, Horizon is the largest individual SKU seller of the week across all platforms.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

This is what happen when you don't read you end looking like a fool,that is the all format chart not the individual....hahahahaahahhaha

All format is my point.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

Why you talk about formatting? This is system wars. This belong in PC/Mac/Linux.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

That was already mentioned in the article and the OP.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GarGx1

@charizard1605: So we're talking exclusives chart then. I'd still have expected Horizon to have never been knocked off the top to begin with. Most of the recent PlayStation games are Japanese and the UK is not their strongest market, Switch hasn't sold enough to really compete and PC exclusives never appear on retail charts (not that any recent PC exclusives will have come close to out selling Horizon).

BotW in 2nd is impressive though (is that multi-plat or Nintendo exclusive?)

Halo 5 being positioned higher than Uncharted 4 is surprising.

Would be nice if we could filter the linked chart.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ronvalencia

@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

Why you talk about formatting? This is system wars. This belong in PC/Mac/Linux.

LOL, a format refers to a platform. PS4 runs FreeBSD OS. Middleware runtime ecosystem and DRM separates PS4 from normal FreeBSD. PS4 is effectively Sony's Steam box.

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

This is system war not PS4 forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GarGx1 said:

@charizard1605: So we're talking exclusives chart then. I'd still have expected Horizon to have never been knocked off the top to begin with. Most of the recent PlayStation games are Japanese and the UK is not their strongest market, Switch hasn't sold enough to really compete and PC exclusives never appear on retail charts (not that any recent PC exclusives will have come close to out selling Horizon).

Not exclusives, lol. You're not understanding. An all format sales chart looks something like this:

1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon WIldlands (PS4/XB1/PC)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)
  3. Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4/XB1/PC)
  4. Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
  5. Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

An individual formats one looks like this:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4)
  3. Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
  4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (XB1)
  5. Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)
  6. Mass Effect Andromeda (XB1)
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
  8. Persona 5 (PS4)
  9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PC)
  10. Mass Effect Andromeda (PC)

Does it make more sense now?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

LOL, a format refers to a platform. PS4 runs FreeBSD OS. Middleware runtime ecosystem and DRM separates PS4 from normal FreeBSD. PS4 is effectively Sony's Steam box.

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

lol wut?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GarGx1

@charizard1605 said:
@GarGx1 said:

Not exclusives, lol. You're not understanding. An all format sales chart looks something like this:

5. Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

8. Persona 5 (PS4)

Re-reading the OP, that's not what they are referring to. They are referring to the PlayStation 4 chart (which is not linked in the article) so I'm going back to my original comment. Bolded the part where I'm getting my view point from.

Edit: followed the Metro link, that does have some other charts. So Horizon tops the charts over retail games sold on PS4 and Xbox One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GarGx1 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@GarGx1 said:

5. Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

8. Persona 5 (PS4)

Re-reading the OP, that's not what they are referring to. They are referring to the PlayStation 4 chart (which is not linked in the article) so I'm going back to my original comment. Bolded the part where I'm getting my view point from.

Here, this should end the confusion once and for all. The Individual Formats chart, linked here. As you can see, it's not just a PS4 only chart (and the article is badly worded).

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GarGx1

@charizard1605: I've edited my last post

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 appariti0n

@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

All format is my point.

This is clearly a red herring. Platform is something you stand on. You off topic.

platform

[plat-fawrm] Spell Syllables
  • Synonyms
  • Examples
  • Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

noun

a horizontal surface or structure with a horizontal surface raisedabove the level of the surrounding area.

a raised flooring or other horizontal surface, such as, in a hall ormeeting place, a stage for use by public speakers, performers, etc.

the raised area between or alongside the tracks of a railroad station,from which the cars of the train are entered.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

what the shit lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zero_epyon
@Chutebox said:

what the shit lol

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By appariti0n

@Chutebox: @Zero_epyon:

Ok I'll stop now. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine by horribly misinterpreting everything he says, and then arguing against points that nobody is making :P

Watch, he'll still respond with a fricking chart explaining what platforms are.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chutebox

@appariti0n: I was actually directing that to him lol

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 appariti0n

@Chutebox:lol oh ok.

I was already laughing pretty hard, then you replied, and Zero posted that gif and I just lost it. I'm still wiping away tears.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox

@appariti0n said:

@Chutebox:lol oh ok.

I was already laughing pretty hard, then you replied, and Zero posted that gif and I just lost it. I'm still wiping away tears.

some good stuff haha

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ronvalencia

@appariti0n said:

Ok I'll stop now. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine by horribly misinterpreting everything he says, and then arguing against points that nobody is making :P

The only source for misinterpreting comes from you.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By appariti0n

@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:

Disagree, there many source for misinterpreting.

http://www.informationweek.com/big-data/big-data-analytics/9-causes-of-data-misinterpretation/d/d-id/1321338

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:

@Zero_epyon said:

lol wut?

Individual Formats chart refers to https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

LWTWTitleDeveloperLabelPublisher
11TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDSUBISOFT (FRANCE)UBISOFTUBISOFT
32GRAND THEFT AUTO VROCKSTAR NORTHROCKSTARTAKE 2
53FIFA 17EA CANADAEA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
24LEGO WORLDSTRAVELLER'S TALESWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVEWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
85ROCKET LEAGUEPSYONIX505 GAMES505 GAMES
116HORIZON ZERO DAWNGUERRILLA GAMESSONY COMPUTER ENT.SONY COMPUTER ENT.
47OVERWATCHBLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENTBLIZZARDACTIVISION BLIZZARD
78CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFAREINFINITY WARDACTIVISIONACTIVISION BLIZZARD
129MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDABIOWAREEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
910THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILDNINTENDONINTENDONINTENDO
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ronvalencia

@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:

http://www.informationweek.com/big-data/big-data-analytics/9-causes-of-data-misinterpretation/d/d-id/1321338

You asserted desktop gamers are not interested with pretty graphics when cows asserts Horizon Zero Dawn as graphics king.

You asserted desktop gamers are not interested with pretty graphics without statistics to back your argument.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Glad to see Sony & Guerrilla Games took the risk of this new IP and it's why Sony are the only one's taking risk trying out new IP games and Horizon: Zero Dawn is my all time favorite PS4 right besides Persona 5 atm.

And I'm nearing finishing up Zero Dawn as we speak, just got the ancient armor outfit.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 appariti0n

@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:

You asserted desktop gamers are not interested with pretty graphics when cows asserts Horizon Zero Dawn as graphics king.

You asserted desktop gamers are not interested with pretty graphics without statistics to back your argument.

Red herring. Please show me where I said "desktop gamers not interested with pretty graphics." You can't, because I never said that.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ronvalencia

@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:

Red herring. Please show me where I said "desktop gamers not interested with pretty graphics." You can't, because I never said that.

You have asserted the result will change without mobile gamers.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By appariti0n

@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:
@ronvalencia said:
@appariti0n said:

You have asserted the result will change without mobile gamers.

Oh, which is it Ron? Are you sure this time? Because just 50 minutes ago you asserted that I asserted something totally different!

I don't know if you know this, but in english, "removing mobile changes the results" and "PC gamers don't care about graphics" are two entirely different phrases with entirely different meanings!

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I love open world games. This is great news.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:

@Zero_epyon said:

lol wut?

Individual Formats chart refers to https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

LWTWTitleDeveloperLabelPublisher
11TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDSUBISOFT (FRANCE)UBISOFTUBISOFT
32GRAND THEFT AUTO VROCKSTAR NORTHROCKSTARTAKE 2
53FIFA 17EA CANADAEA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
24LEGO WORLDSTRAVELLER'S TALESWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVEWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
85ROCKET LEAGUEPSYONIX505 GAMES505 GAMES
116HORIZON ZERO DAWNGUERRILLA GAMESSONY COMPUTER ENT.SONY COMPUTER ENT.
47OVERWATCHBLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENTBLIZZARDACTIVISION BLIZZARD
78CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFAREINFINITY WARDACTIVISIONACTIVISION BLIZZARD
129MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDABIOWAREEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
910THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILDNINTENDONINTENDONINTENDO

They linked it wrong. This is the individual chart https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032