Hope you all enjoy Motion Control!! (E3 related)

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts

Both Sony and MS are expected to announce some sort of motion control for their consoles at E3. Which means they are becoming more and more Wii-like by the day... by next gen motion controls will be the norm. Might as well get use to it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
If that's the case, then next gen I will quit console gaming.
mglbpkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mglbpkillz
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts
If that's the case, then next gen I will quit console gaming.siLVURcross
I hear you I also will be done with consoles I will only play PC and last gen games.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VideoGameGuy
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]If that's the case, then next gen I will quit console gaming.mglbpkillz
I hear you I also will be done with consoles I will only play PC and last gen games.

LOL... i didn't know gamers have become so... i don't... afraid of change.. no wonder gaming is going down the pits, well except for Nintendo of course.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
Yup I agree i will be quiting. It isn't afraid of change. It is not wanting certain aspects to change. I like my controls. Leave motion sensing out of it.
Asclepius35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Asclepius35
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

As long as i'm not forced to buy it I don't care what add-ons they announce. I hope MS and Sony are going to maket these like their camera add-ons, and not as something that should be implemented in all games.

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="mglbpkillz"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]If that's the case, then next gen I will quit console gaming.VideoGameGuy

LOL... i didn't know gamers have become so... i don't... afraid of change.. no wonder gaming is going down the pits, well except for Nintendo of course.

Some gamers just don't want to swing their arms and hands around.
nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
the first step to true virtual reality is the motion control
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VideoGameGuy
the first step to true virtual reality is the motion controlnchan
Agreed. Isn't VR the holy grail of gaming?? i think it is and can't wait till we get there.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
lol - it would be foolish of both Sony and Microsoft to release motion sensing controllers now - instead of making them standard with their consoles next generation. and a bigger :lol: to all those people who will 'quit' gaming.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
well I would become 95% hermit next gen...
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts

PC will still be waggle free.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Nintendo is amazing ( enough said on my part ) PC sill survive though i dont think it will ever change! The PS360 shouldn't change though i like having that motion advantage over those game consoles
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

I will be a Retro gamer then, collect all the games I've missed over the years.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VideoGameGuy
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]lol - it would be foolish of both Sony and Microsoft to release motion sensing controllers now - instead of making them standard with their consoles next generation. and a bigger :lol: to all those people who will 'quit' gaming.

They are ALREADY going to release some sort of motion control (thus the point of this thread) and will more then likely keep it standard for next gen.
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

I will be a Retro gamer then, collect all the games I've missed over the years.

spinecaton

thats what i have been doing lately i got my gaming since before its been cool badge now! bomberman takes a while to track down

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I think this PS3/360 motion control business is speculation at this point. Even so, it's funny to see aal the motion control haters cling to their analog pads to the death.:lol: I'm sure there would be alternate controls/gamepads for such games anyway.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#18 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Ps3 already has motion control.

It's rarely used, but it's there.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Looking forward to it. Anything to get us closer to VR gaming.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#20 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Seriously hope Microsoft does not go down that route.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I do enjoy the Wii's controls actually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]lol - it would be foolish of both Sony and Microsoft to release motion sensing controllers now - instead of making them standard with their consoles next generation. and a bigger :lol: to all those people who will 'quit' gaming.

Well not quit quit, but perhaps simply go back and finish anything I haven't finished. That and stick to PC gaming.
GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

I hope Sony and Microsoft doesn't go too far into gimmicky Wii... :?

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="mglbpkillz"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]If that's the case, then next gen I will quit console gaming.VideoGameGuy

Change isn't bad but change in this gen is different from any other gen, in fact its the first gen (to my knowledge) where the highest selling console didn't have the most critically acclaimed games. The big 3 can find new consumers next gen, I'll probably still be playing PC, PS2, and handhelds.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Yeah I know it's pitiful. I may not like the Wii so much but I praise the control system and the Wiimote + Nunchuk combination is one of my favourite controller of all time. I hope Nintendo continues with the same kind of controls next gen but with a hardware at least as powerful as the 360 now. I'd like the others to follow the same road (you can have motion controllers but it's not an obligation to have motion controls --» see Smash Brawl with it's almost non-existent motion controls). With the success of the Wii, you can be sure the others will put up their own version of the Wiimote.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Hurm. I'll wait and see.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

i find it a bit funny that so many people say they would switch to pc... it's like they dont realize that a mouse is alsomotion based.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jade_Monkey

i find it a bit funny that so many people say they would switch to pc... it's like they dont realize that a mouse is also a motion controller.

Sword-Demon

Yeah except it's actually good at it's job.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#29 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"][QUOTE="mglbpkillz"] I hear you I also will be done with consoles I will only play PC and last gen games.lebanese_boy

Yeah I know it's pitiful. I may not like the Wii so much but I praise the control system and the Wiimote + Nunchuk combination is one of my favourite controller of all time. I hope Nintendo continues with the same kind of controls next gen but with a hardware at least as powerful as the 360 now. I'd like the others to follow the same road (you can have motion controllers but it's not an obligation to have motion controls --» see Smash Brawl with it's almost non-existent motion controls). With the success of the Wii, you can be sure the others will put up their own version of the Wiimote.

No one really hates on the controls, its what they lead. That part is the bad part.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

i find it a bit funny that so many people say they would switch to pc... it's like they dont realize that a mouse is also a motion controller.

im gunna go ahead and guess you've never tried the wiimote. Play MP3 and get back to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

im gunna go ahead and guess you've never tried the wiimote. Play MP3 and get back to me.

I found MP3's controls annoying. I prefer the old Gamecube MP style actually.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jade_Monkey

im gunna go ahead and guess you've never tried the wiimote. Play MP3 and get back to me.Sword-Demon

You would be wrong. I have tried Red Steel, Brunswick Bowling, Wii Sports, manhunt 2, and rayman Raving Rabbids. If you think I'll be buying the Wii to just play MP3 then your crazy. It can't touch my mouse, up to 4000 DPI baby. Sensitivity is what I like.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#33 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

It will probably just be for certain games. All they want to do is get a slice of the Wii audience to pay more attention to their product by offering something to compete with it. All of the games we are still anticipating and more to follow will still of course be there with the gamepads that come with the consoles, lol. This is merely to expand the versatility and appeal even more without sacrificing what is already established. They are not so stupid as to just isolate their current base. They just want to broaden their appeal is all. Meaning, it will be there if you want it, if not, then carry on.

As for next gen...well who knows? If it goes all motion controls, then I just will not be buying a new console more than likely. I will keep my 360 and PS3, then buy me that rig I have been wanting, but constantly delaying getting. Not too worried about it as it stands now though.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

You would be wrong. I have tried Red Steel, Brunswick Bowling, Wii Sports, manhunt 2, and rayman Raving Rabbids. If you think I'll be buying the Wii to just play MP3 then your crazy. It can't touch my mouse, up to 4000 DPI baby. Sensitivity is what I like.

kayy... you played a few games that either dont use the pointer, or had it implemented poorly.. doesn't really prove much, but sure. go ahead and think that. but i recommend that you play the best that the wii can offer before judging it. your argument is that since you think the motion controls on the wii are bad, that means the motion controls on the Xbox/PS will be equally bad.... so you wont use the new motion controls even though you have no clue how theyll work, but you WILL use older motion controls, simply because youve used them before. my advice, wait and see how theyre implemented
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sword-Demon

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

siLVURcross

I found MP3's controls annoying. I prefer the old Gamecube MP style actually.

that's fine, but you can't deny that the wiimote does it's job well. and i'm betting that MS's/Sony's version will be much improved. there's no reason to say that you will switch to PC because the console motion controls will be bad,. there's no way to know

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jade_Monkey

kayy... you played a few games that either dont use the pointer, or had it implemented poorly.. doesn't really prove much, but sure. go ahead and think that. but i recommend that you play the best that the wii can offer before judging it. your argument is that since you think the motion controls on the wii are bad, that means the motion controls on the Xbox/PS will be equally bad.... so you wont use the new motion controls even though you have no clue how theyll work, but you WILL use older motion controls, simply because youve used them before. my advice, wait and see how theyre implementedSword-Demon

I won't like any motion control unless they are up to snuff with my mouse. I hate when I can't turn fast and aim fast. I just don't see either Sony or Microsoft pulling it off because they don't have to satisfy me, i'm not their core audience.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Seriously hope Microsoft does not go down that route.Stevo_the_gamer
I have a feeling both Sony and Microsoft will follow. Though - by then we probably won't have Motion Controls be the "standard" - they'll probably end up having a traditional control pad as well.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I will shake my head in shame and pray its only for games here and there.

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jade_Monkey

the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.HoldThePhone

The crappiness of the Wii motion control is more astounding, and I honestly mean that.

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.Jade_Monkey

The crappiness of the Wii motion control is more astounding, and I honestly mean that.

i thought we were talking about the possibility of PS3 and 360 motion control? to immediately compare it to Wii shovelware seems...once again -- narrow minded.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jade_Monkey

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.HoldThePhone

i thought we were talking about the possibility of PS3 and 360 motion control? to immediately compare it to Wii shovelware seems...once again -- narrow minded.

I'll explain: if the current motion control is so bad IMO, why would I want to see more system use motion control. I have no faith Sony or Microsoft will do a better job.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I have a feeling both Sony and Microsoft will follow. Though - by then we probably won't have Motion Controls be the "standard" - they'll probably end up having a traditional control pad as well.Haziqonfire
Sony already has followed -- sixaxis, mate. ;)

I have that same bad feeling as well, though you probably think all this is a good thing, eh Haziq? :P

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I don't want to see motion controls from Microsoft unless they come standard with a new console. No new hardware for the 360 please.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jade_Monkey

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] I have a feeling both Sony and Microsoft will follow. Though - by then we probably won't have Motion Controls be the "standard" - they'll probably end up having a traditional control pad as well.Stevo_the_gamer

Sony already has followed -- sixaxis, mate. ;)

I have that same bad feeling as well, though you probably think all this is a good thing, eh Haziq? :P

Sixaxis was half decent. I could stand it because it wasn't used much and felt useful when it was.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Lame.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.HoldThePhone
if this thread was twenty years ago it would be "waaa... i don't want 4 buttons on my controler - i'm quitting gaming!'
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

Doesn't bother me. My mouse has been motion controlled since I began PC gaming, and I don't mind playing the Wii.

As long as it's incorporated well then I'm ok with it.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#49 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="Jade_Monkey"]

[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]the narrow mindedness of this board is astounding.HoldThePhone

No, nothing narrow minded about it. Some of us just DO NOT LIKE IT. Nothing wrong with having personal preference, is there?

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jade_Monkey

Doesn't bother me. My mouse has been motion controlled since I began PC gaming, and I don't mind playing the Wii.

As long as it's incorporated well then I'm ok with it.

Mr_Nordquist

See I never really got to play a game that sued it well. It just isn't sensitive enough for me and that is huge for me.