Holy FUARK. You guys see this next gen engine caled the 'Dream' Engine?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYpUw3Rx0c

This is a next gen engine in development called the Dream Engine.  Hory chet.  

Is this real life?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22689 Posts

looks really sharp... im so ready for next gen.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Looks very cool!  Would have liked to have seen something a little different though in terms of envrionments showcased, but undeniably pretty stuff.

Like imagine the interior of Dracula's castle in a Castlevania game running on that kind of stuff.  Man I would pay out the ass for something like that.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrongDeadlift

Looks very cool!  Would have liked to have seen something a little different though in terms of envrionments showcased, but undeniably pretty stuff.

Like imagine the interior of Dracula's castle in a Castlevania game running on that kind of stuff.  Man I would pay out the ass for something like that.

MLBknights58

I was more impressed by the beginning when he was ontop of the building, and you saw that massive open world city.  The draw distance, and texture resolution/shading on those buildings......hnnnnnnngggg.  Same thing with the train demo.

Makes me hyped for whatever Rockstar is doing with GTA/Red Dead next gen.  Also, whatever DICE is doing with Battlefield.  Remember that pretty much every game on PC now is made with Current gen consoles in mind, so they arent even really using those cards.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

tumblr_inline_mfhsineNOZ1ro2d43.gif.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Damn, that suicide was awesome looking.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Suicide? LOL.

HOLY, That is amazing. Especially that water fall, That looks utterly epic. 

The buildings looked like Modded GTA IV. 

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Impressive, but from their website it doesn't seem clear it's actually a game engine.

They say they are doing architectural visualizations.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
You guys are so gullible. Do you really think this is real time? On a console? Geez... Sorry to burst your bubble, but this wasn't rendered in real time on a console, or a PC for that matter (well it was, but much slower than this). This isn't even a game engine! The company that produced this is an architectural company and this is a render created in 3Dmax. Here's the website for the company responsible for this "Vaya": http://www.vaya.bg/ Come on guy! Did you really think the next gen consoles, or even super high end gaming PCs could render these graphics in real time?
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 faizan_faizan

Impressive, but from their website it doesn't seem clear it's actually a game engine.

They say they are doing architectural visualizations.

KiZZo1
What website?
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PernicioEnigma
If they really had this running on a PS4, I can assure you they would have shown it at the PS4 launch. They would've been crazy not to.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 faizan_faizan
If they really had this running on a PS4, I can assure you they would have shown it at the PS4 launch. They would've been crazy not to.PernicioEnigma
The Video Description said it was running on PC.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]If they really had this running on a PS4, I can assure you they would have shown it at the PS4 launch. They would've been crazy not to.faizan_faizan

And who uploaded the video? Vaya? Nope. Just some nobody who has already shown his ignorance by claiming it's a game engine when it's not. You know that expression: "When somethings too good to be true, it probably isn't"? Well, I think it applies to the idea of this being a tech demo for a game engine.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]If they really had this running on a PS4, I can assure you they would have shown it at the PS4 launch. They would've been crazy not to.PernicioEnigma

And who uploaded the video? Vaya? Nope. Just some nobody who has already shown his ignorance by claiming it's a game engine when it's not. You know that expression: "When somethings too good to be true, it probably isn't"? Well, I think it applies to the idea of this being a tech demo for a game engine.

RATS i just saw that Vaya website, That b*tch deserves hate.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] The Video Description said it was running on PC.

Serves you right for taking what a youtube video said as fact.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongDeadlift

You guys are so gullible. Do you really think this is real time? On a console? Geez... Sorry to burst your bubble, but this wasn't rendered in real time on a console, or a PC for that matter (well it was, but much slower than this). This isn't even a game engine! The company that produced this is an architectural company and this is a render created in 3Dmax. Here's the website for the company responsible for this "Vaya": http://www.vaya.bg/ Come on guy! Did you really think the next gen consoles, or even super high end gaming PCs could render these graphics in real time?PernicioEnigma

okayguy.jpg

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Looked really good but if it is an architectural program the physics are not very good. When that car jumps everything looks great until it leaves the ground. There is no physics "wobble" when it takes off or when it lands. It just kind of sticks to the ground. I'm nitpicking but I am expecting a good jump in physics modeling next generation.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"] And who uploaded the video? Vaya? Nope. Just some nobody who has already shown his ignorance by claiming it's a game engine when it's not. You know that expression: "When somethings too good to be true, it probably isn't"? Well, I think it applies to the idea of this being a tech demo for a game engine.PernicioEnigma

Serves you right for taking what a youtube video said as fact.

okGuy.jpg

Would have been nice though.  Oh well. 

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PernicioEnigma

Looked really good but if it is an architectural program the physics are not very good. When that car jumps everything looks great until it leaves the ground. There is no physics "wobble" when it takes off or when it lands. It just kind of sticks to the ground. I'm nitpicking but I am expecting a good jump in physics modeling next generation.

T_0_D
I think you've got the wrong idea of what is meant by "architectural virtualization". They're not an engineering company, they just make renders so people can get an idea about what something is going to look like. They don't simulate structural integrity for buildings and stuff like that.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
... Oh my God!!!!?
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]You guys are so gullible. Do you really think this is real time? On a console? Geez... Sorry to burst your bubble, but this wasn't rendered in real time on a console, or a PC for that matter (well it was, but much slower than this). This isn't even a game engine! The company that produced this is an architectural company and this is a render created in 3Dmax. Here's the website for the company responsible for this "Vaya": http://www.vaya.bg/ Come on guy! Did you really think the next gen consoles, or even super high end gaming PCs could render these graphics in real time?

What i just saw looked like a revisualization of popular games and not architecture stuff... I dont care what they do but their engine is TOP notch.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]You guys are so gullible. Do you really think this is real time? On a console? Geez... Sorry to burst your bubble, but this wasn't rendered in real time on a console, or a PC for that matter (well it was, but much slower than this). This isn't even a game engine! The company that produced this is an architectural company and this is a render created in 3Dmax. Here's the website for the company responsible for this "Vaya": http://www.vaya.bg/ Come on guy! Did you really think the next gen consoles, or even super high end gaming PCs could render these graphics in real time?

What i just saw looked like a revisualization of popular games and not architecture stuff... I dont care what they do but their engine is TOP notch.

It's a short animation they made in their spear time, using third party software (3DMax). They're not even a technology company, I don't know what "engine" you're referring to here.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

this looks real

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]You guys are so gullible. Do you really think this is real time? On a console? Geez... Sorry to burst your bubble, but this wasn't rendered in real time on a console, or a PC for that matter (well it was, but much slower than this). This isn't even a game engine! The company that produced this is an architectural company and this is a render created in 3Dmax. Here's the website for the company responsible for this "Vaya": http://www.vaya.bg/ Come on guy! Did you really think the next gen consoles, or even super high end gaming PCs could render these graphics in real time?

It's fake.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The video guy is a moron, did he reaearch this sh!t at all before posting?

It's an animation put together by a 3D architectural company and the video is called "Dream" not the engine. He alsos aid Watch Dogs is Anvil next, which it's not. The whole video is misinformation

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
lol..
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
holy crap dat water falls like real water and not a carpet *cough* vanilla skyrim *cough*. Every time i see a stunning engine i think of a new Souls game using it and i get a boner, i don't think this is normal. Btw where are those Australians with their engine that looked amazing and was running 100% on gpu (or cpu, can't remember).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59b71619573a1

holy crap dat water falls like real water and not a carpet *cough* vanilla skyrim *cough*. Every time i see a stunning engine i think of a new Souls game using it and i get a boner, i don't think this is normal. Btw where are those Australians with their engine that looked amazing and was running 100% on gpu (or cpu, can't remember).silversix_
The unlimited detail demo? :? It's a scam and not real

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
that guy needs a better mic... and needs to stay away from his mic. it looks pretty, i noticed one of the buildings looked really odd when he moved his head around, and the waterfall looked REALLY weird.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]holy crap dat water falls like real water and not a carpet *cough* vanilla skyrim *cough*. Every time i see a stunning engine i think of a new Souls game using it and i get a boner, i don't think this is normal. Btw where are those Australians with their engine that looked amazing and was running 100% on gpu (or cpu, can't remember).seanmcloughlin

nowaiiiiiiiiiii... and i was hoping next gen to use it since it was announced lol omg...

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="silversix_"]holy crap dat water falls like real water and not a carpet *cough* vanilla skyrim *cough*. Every time i see a stunning engine i think of a new Souls game using it and i get a boner, i don't think this is normal. Btw where are those Australians with their engine that looked amazing and was running 100% on gpu (or cpu, can't remember).seanmcloughlin

I wouldn't be too sure about that.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Apparently the "dream" engine is not a game engine. The video is called "Dream" and it's rendered in 3ds Max by Autodesk. It's just a 3D Modeling program that produces pre-rendered videos. This was just them showing off what they can do with it. 

Vaya Studios does 3D rendering for architectural animations and still images. They also seem to do 3D effects for film.

So yeah, this is not a game engine. Not close. It's pre-rendered stuff done in Autodesk software. Of course it looks amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]holy crap dat water falls like real water and not a carpet *cough* vanilla skyrim *cough*. Every time i see a stunning engine i think of a new Souls game using it and i get a boner, i don't think this is normal. Btw where are those Australians with their engine that looked amazing and was running 100% on gpu (or cpu, can't remember).faizan_faizan

why?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 faizan_faizan

i had high hopes for this

silversix_
I was far more impressed with Atomontage Engine. They showed animation, Destruction and also showed the technology behind that, This is just to attract attention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1

that guy needs a better mic... and needs to stay away from his mic. it looks pretty, i noticed one of the buildings looked really odd when he moved his head around, and the waterfall looked REALLY weird.BrunoBRS

He also needs to learn what he's talking about. So much false info in the video

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]The unlimited detail demo? :? It's a scam and not real

seanmcloughlin

why?

While that is a scam *UNLIMITED LOL* that is real too they are basically using SVO, But they didn't show any animation or physics or used any shaders and were quiet for a whole year.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
Looks fantastic, and that part with the mustang boss was awesome makes me excited for next gen race games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] I wouldn't be too sure about that.faizan_faizan

why?

While that is a scam *UNLIMITED LOL* that is real too they are basically using SVO, But they didn't show any animation or physics or used any shaders and were quiet for a whole year.

They've never shown anything outside of what they set up. The tech is being talked about for years now and they haven't released anything testable or even usable. They're money sinks, and that's why I'm calling it a scam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Looks fantastic, and that part with the mustang boss was awesome makes me excited for next gen race games.redskins26rocs

Read the thread 

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 faizan_faizan
Looks fantastic, and that part with the mustang boss was awesome makes me excited for next gen race games.redskins26rocs
Read the whole thread.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

why?

seanmcloughlin

They've never shown anything outside of what they set up. The tech is being talked about for years now and they haven't released anything testable or even usable. They're money sinks, and that's why I'm calling it a scam

It'll probably end up dead, Atomontage Engine is something good.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I saw that a few months ago, looks incredible! The question is: could next gen consoles handle it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I saw that a few months ago, looks incredible! The question is: could next gen consoles handle it?

PAL360
did you bother to read what it actually is? lolz
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Heil68

did you bother to read what it actually is? lolz

I did now. Damit :evil:

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYpUw3Rx0c

This is a next gen engine in development called the Dream Engine.  Hory chet.  

Is this real life?

StrongDeadlift
looks like the game studio's are finally catching up to the skyrim ENB modders lol.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]Looks fantastic, and that part with the mustang boss was awesome makes me excited for next gen race games.seanmcloughlin

Read the thread 

I know it is not a game engine but visuals like that make hyped for a next gen racing game

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
Killzone: Shadow fall looks better.........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Killzone: Shadow fall looks better.........FinalFighters
why post stuff you dont even believe?