Hermits: Name 10 upcoming games that aren't Strategy or FPS

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

Dragon Age will 1000% come to 360 as well at some point, but i did not count it in my list, BEFORE it is even announcedgreg_splicer

Dragon Age is PC exclusive. It uses a mouse and keyboard, and wouldn't work on the Xbox360. Bioware have made no indication that Dragon Age will ever be ported to the Xbox360.

And yes, Dragon Age will be a better RPG than Mass Effect. Bioware always put more depth into their PC roleplaying games.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Nasos, Dragon Age and Fallout 3 are not coming to 360 until we got official confirmation.

On the same not, Mass Effect is not coming to PC unless we get official confirmation.

So please don't say they are. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

I was talking about NEXT GEN RPG's

IgGy621985

?

Witcher and Dragensang for example look like enchanced PS2 games, not even close to Gothic 3, oblivion etc

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

greg_splicer

?

Witcher and Dragensang for example look like enchanced PS2 games, not even close to Gothic 3, oblivion etc

First of all PCs do not have generations second of all good RPG games have never been about amazing graphics they have been about good stories so why don't you quit being a graphics whore and have some fun?
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

greg_splicer

?

So by that logic, Gothic 3 and Oblivion (currently available) are next-gen games, but The Witcher and Dragensang (upcoming) are not? rofl

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

IgGy621985

?

So by that logic, Gothic 3 and Oblivion (currently available) are next-gen games, but The Witcher and Dragensang (upcoming) are not? rofl

??? Definatly ? That must be it, but i guess you have eyes, you can see it youself.

By your "logic" ANY game coming after Oblivion is more next gen, are you sure that is what you want to suggest ?

So if a game comes that licensed UE2.0 later than one that licensed UE3.0, the UE2.0 would be more next gen ?

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
This thread has gone down to a basic formula.  People will post upcoming games that are non-strategy/first-person shooter and the thread creator will proceed to bash the games, even though they answered his question and proved him wrong.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

you must be a jealous 360 owner or something

R-Dot-Yung

Negative. Lemmings don't have the face to criticize the PC for having a surplus of shooters.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IgGy621985

??? Definatly ? That must be it, but i guess you have eyes, you can see it youself.

By your "logic" ANY game coming after Oblivion is more next gen, are you sure that is what you want to suggest ?

So if a game comes that licensed UE2.0 later than one that licensed UE3.0, the UE2.0 would be more next gen ?

greg_splicer

Righ, well, I guess I understand what are you trying to clarify. 

So, basically, you're referring that the "next-gen" factor in games is determined by their... graphics? 

jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"]

you must be a jealous 360 owner or something

crazyjames1080

Negative. Lemmings don't have the face to criticize the PC for having a surplus of shooters.

Does the 360 have any non-shooter AAAE's? Or even AAA's? 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

IgGy621985

So, basically, you're referring that the "next-gen" factor in games is determined by their... graphics? 

Then what is it defined by, when RPG gameplay is same for some decades now ? You know, get quest, do quest, return, get reward and /or exp points

You have something else in mind ? All i have is what Fable 2 might do, only that seems to innovate even a little bit

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 IgGy621985

greg_splicer

Then what is it defined by, when RPG gameplay is same for some decades now ? You know, get quest, do quest, return, get reward and /or exp points

You have something else in mind ? All i have is what Fable 2 might do, only that seems to innovate even a little bit

Well, "next-gen" is a way-too-much used term these days and I believe that it should finally die.

New consoles are available for almost two years by now, so there's nothing next-gen about them anymore, nor about their upcoming games.

If something changed the way we play games today, then it would be MMO games. So basically, MMORPG games pretty much changed the way you play RPG games.

Spore is the "next-gen" as much as "next-gen" could be. No, it doesn't offer superspectacular DX10 graphics like Crysis, but it actually might offer that "next-gen" gameplay.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

IgGy621985

Well, "next-gen" is a way-too-much used term these days and I believe that it should finally die.

New consoles are available for almost two years by now, so there's nothing next-gen about them anymore, nor about their upcoming games.

If something changed the way we play games today, then it would be MMO games. So basically, MMORPG games pretty much changed the way you play RPG games.

Spore is the "next-gen" as much as "next-gen" could be. No, it doesn't offer superspectacular DX10 graphics like Crysis, but it actually might offer that "next-gen" gameplay.

Spore is a RPG ???? Last time i checked was a RTS

Also next gen means nothing other than graphics, and maybe better AI - interaction, what else could it mean ? All those 360 games are next gen in something, Witcher and Dragensang are not

As for MMO, let me tell you my opinion on MMO, they are trying to destroy gaming forever, that is what MMo do right now, games that could be classics are mindless crap MMO titles, that waste your time in a sub par game doing nothing but leveling up, it is a total garbage epxerience, very boring and addictive when it offers nothing in real entertainment

So, next gen should be something that does better, not bring gaming desrusction, like MMO will eventually make many stunning sinple player game dissapear, like that GARABGE WOW killed Diablo 3 and Wawcraft - Starcraft, so MMO's are anti next gen really

F-Minus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 F-Minus
Member since 2005 • 1009 Posts

[QUOTE="Phanrang"]Does it matter? most of them are. The multiplatform games are always best on the PC anyway due to the graphical improvement and user modifications.Pangster007
Not always. Most of the time yes, but just look at RE4... >_>

This is true, but it is very rare, that a console super-smash-hit & acclaimed title gets the same praise on the PC. I can tell your right now that most PC gamers couldn't care less for Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Halo, Gears of War, Metroid, Mario, even if they would be released on PC, the sales would probably be very abysmal. Let alone other console games. Most of them who don't hang around such forums don't even know that those games exsist.

It's sad, but it's the way it is. 

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

I was talking about NEXT GEN RPG'sgreg_splicer
ROFL, next gen? Are you seriously insisting that PC gamers subject themselves to your retarded buzz-word that doesn't even hold any meaning?

Oh, and if you want to depopulate the PC list of MMOs and non-exclusive, why don't you try purging your own, smaller list of non-exclusives and GARBAGE like JRPGS and Too Human? What are you left with then?

jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts

[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="Phanrang"]Does it matter? most of them are. The multiplatform games are always best on the PC anyway due to the graphical improvement and user modifications.F-Minus

Not always. Most of the time yes, but just look at RE4... >_>

This is true, but it is very rare, that a console super-smash-hit & acclaimed title gets the same praise on the PC. I can tell your right now that most PC gamers couldn't care less for Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Halo, Gears of War, Metroid, Mario, even if they would be released on PC, the sales would probably be very abysmal. Let alone other console games. Most of them who don't hang around such forums don't even know that those games exsist.

It's sad, but it's the way it is.

RE4 didn't receive any graphical enhancement (same as PS2 Version) except AA, AF, and much higher Rez...

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
Spore is a RPG ???? Last time i checked was a RTSgreg_splicer
You are really ignorant. I'll just sit back and watch as you continue to shoot down your credibility... Inexorably... Irreparably.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221

You are completely wrong.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Sins of teh Solar Empire

Hellgate London

Dragon Age

The Witcher

Mythos

Fallout 3

Global Agenda

LOTR Online

Tabula Rasa

Alien Swarm: Infested

Football Manager MMO

Space Force: Rogue Universe

Race 07

Live For Speed S3

Loki

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 2

Savage 2

PostNuclear

Well, it's a list...

But I'm not impressed. Fallout 3 and Warhammer Online are nice, but the rest? Don't think so...

Didnt mention Dragon Age or Hellgate london, your clearly just clueless. 

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IgGy621985

Spore is a RPG ???? Last time i checked was a RTS

Also next gen means nothing other than graphics, and maybe better AI - interaction, what else could it mean ? All those 360 games are next gen in something, Witcher and Dragensang are not

As for MMO, let me tell you my opinion on MMO, they are trying to destroy gaming forever, that is what MMo do right now, games that could be classics are mindless crap MMO titles, that waste your time in a sub par game doing nothing but leveling up, it is a total garbage epxerience, very boring and addictive when it offers nothing in real entertainment

So, next gen should be something that does better, not bring gaming desrusction, like MMO will eventually make many stunning sinple player game dissapear, like that GARABGE WOW killed Diablo 3 and Wawcraft - Starcraft, so MMO's are anti next gen really

greg_splicer

Spore is both RPG and RTS, wrapped up in an MMO concept.

Next-gen is first of all a marketing term made by Microsoft and Sony. Nothing more and nothing less. And it basically drives me nuts.

Your opinion about MMO games is your opinion. Just like mine opinion is that MMO games changed the way you play RPG and RTS games, even though MMO games are the ultimate refference for term "milkage". I don't play MMO games, but I understand people that adore them. MMO games are something new and innovative, and that's why they made that huge impact on gaming.

And to be really honest, there's nothing "next-gen" about the upcoming console games, nor about the currently available ones. None of them changed the way you play them, none of them showed-off a spectacular graphics (besides Gears of War), nor none of them probably will.

The real "next-gen" games?

In terms of graphics and other aesthetical elements - Crysis.

In terms of gameplay - Spore.

Does that mean that I don't appreciate console games? No. Infact, I'm actually planning to buy a console when new fighting and footie games arrive. Oh, and GTA 4. But that's basically everything that interests me on a console.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

Spore isnt an RPG or RTS....I dont think you can classify it into any catergoty, it just covers many Geners.....

its not an MMO either....But it has a "massivly single player" spin to it. 

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IgGy621985

Spore isnt an RPG or RTS....I dont think you can classify it into any catergoty, it just covers many Geners.....

its not an MMO either....But it has a "massivly single player" spin to it.

cobrax75

Well, whatever. Basically, it's something new and innovative, and I know I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Infernal246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Infernal246
Member since 2004 • 5325 Posts

That shouldn't be too hard. And I don't know what you're implying, but I'm just being unbiased here.

Mass Effect - Remember Jade Empire? Bioware has never made a RPG that hasn't come to the PC.

Gears of War 2 - The first one is confirmed for the PC, Epic is a huge PC dev...

Halo Wars - Just like Halo 1 and 2 stayed exclusive right? Ensemble is also a huge PC developer.

Fable 2 - Just like how Fable stayed exclusive right?

PostNuclear

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Sins of teh Solar Empire

Hellgate London

Dragon Age

The Witcher

Mythos

Fallout 3

Global Agenda

LOTR Online

Tabula Rasa

Football Manager MMO

Race 07

Live For Speed S3

Loki

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 2

Savage 2

PostNuclear

Well, it's a list...

But I'm not impressed. Fallout 3 and Warhammer Online are nice, but the rest? Don't think so...

Do you know who is making Dragon Age?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="PostNuclear"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Sins of teh Solar Empire

Hellgate London

Dragon Age

The Witcher

Mythos

Fallout 3

Global Agenda

LOTR Online

Tabula Rasa

Football Manager MMO

Race 07

Live For Speed S3

Loki

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 2

Savage 2

Wanderer5

Well, it's a list...

Do you know who is making Dragon Age?

along with Hellgate and Tabula Rasa, who are also being made by well known devs.... 

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
[QUOTE="PostNuclear"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Sins of teh Solar Empire

Hellgate London

Dragon Age

The Witcher

Mythos

Fallout 3

Global Agenda

LOTR Online

Tabula Rasa

Football Manager MMO

Race 07

Live For Speed S3

Loki

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 2

Savage 2

Wanderer5

Well, it's a list...

Leave him. He's way to big of a fanboy to take serious. Anyone who doesn't seem impressed with Dragon Age or the Witcher haven't looked into them. Also Guild Wars 2 may be much more impressive than what most consoles have to offer.

Just to make things clear to 360 fanboys.  The 360 has been released for well over a year and the only games that have me interested haven't been released yet.....

oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
lotr online? warhammer online?
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="PostNuclear"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Sins of teh Solar Empire

Hellgate London

Dragon Age

The Witcher

Mythos

Fallout 3

Global Agenda

LOTR Online

Tabula Rasa

Football Manager MMO

Race 07

Live For Speed S3

Loki

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 2

Savage 2

_Pedro_

Well, it's a list...

Leave him. He's way to big of a fanboy to take serious. Anyone who doesn't seem impressed with Dragon Age or the Witcher haven't looked into them. Also Guild Wars 2 may be much more impressive than what most consoles have to offer.

Just to make things clear to 360 fanboys.  The 360 has been released for well over a year and the only games that have me interested haven't been released yet.....

There is nothing to be impressed with in Witcher, but there is in Mass Effect and Dragon Age