daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Helldivers 2 was released on PlayStation 5 and PC recently, and it quickly became one of the most talked-about topics in gaming. Despite some teething issues that brought down immediate reviews of the game on platforms like Steam, the resiliency of the team deploying hotfixes couldn’t be denied, and with that, the game became PlayStation’s biggest launch on PC to date.

On Twitter, the CEO of Arrowhead, the game’s developer, stated that sales were ‘around a million’, referencing that the game has already blown through estimates.

Bugs Be Gone

It seems that even the game’s issues aren’t preventing Helldivers 2 from seeing success as creators and players the world over take to social media to share clips and positive reviews of the title. There were some issues with matchmaking and network stability that are still hitting some players, but for the most part, it’s stabilising.

Hours ago, the CEO of Arrowhead said on Twitter that Helldivers 2 had hit ‘around a million’ sales, which is a huge milestone after just three days on the market. On Steam, Helldivers 2 is listed as the top-selling game at present, beating out the likes of Palworld, Enshrouded, and Counter-Strike 2.

The CEO, Johan Pilestedt, took a moment out to admirably defend Sony when one user claimed that the firm is ‘a greedy corporation’ that just wants to see 10 million sales from Arrowhead:

Our friends at PlayStation are gamers like you and me. We all just want great games on the market.

Before the news about the milestone was written up, Pilestedt said that Helldivers 2 had hit a CCU of around 220,000 users across PlayStation 5 and PC.

https://insider-gaming.com/helldivers-2-estimates-sales/

talk about a good f__ing launch. I've been enjoying with friends (from system wars)who recently sold their xbsex and bought a ps5 and got the game. The game is hellafun

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12996 Posts

Yes, this is an awesome Microsoft Windows PC release. Steam is just ROCKIN' this game! A lot of my friends sold their PS5's and now have a PC for day 1 Sony games. Thank you Jim Ryan!

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

I've been playing it. The shooting is nice and the randomly generated maps is a cool feature. Seems very light on content though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38943 Posts

I've shat on this game cuz it looked pretty generic in ALL their trailers, but watched a bit on twitch, and it looked fun as hell, actually. Pretty surprised, or maybe this is the kind of horde mode i like. Enemies design is also fun to shoot at.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22716 Posts

Helldivers 1 was incredible too.... And still is. Easily one of the most intense coop experiences out there. H2 and Arrowhead deserve the praise....and sales.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5169 Posts

I love the smell of dead bugs and Liber-tea in the morning

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I've shat on this game cuz it looked pretty generic in ALL their trailers, but watched a bit on twitch, and it looked fun as hell, actually. Pretty surprised, or maybe this is the kind of horde mode i like. Enemies design is also fun to shoot at.

Yea, hang your head in shame.

I don't enjoy horde/coop shooter ala L4D, or Darktide (as a 40k fan).

Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

watched a bit on twitch

Well, that is your MO.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MysticalDonut

@hardwenzen said:

It's actually really fun with a full party. Played for a couple hours both Friday and Saturday night with some friends. I wouldn't attempt it solo though. Doesn't seem as fun.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

It looks fun, but not worth installing level 0 kernel malware on your PC fun.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9817 Posts

I think it’s wonderful that Sony have turned to releasing 1st party games day one on PC, and the figures there are good. On ps5, it seems the game isn’t the usual 3rd person SP action adventure the fans flock to.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

Isn't that less than Palworld?🤔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@mysticaldonut said:
@hardwenzen said:

It's actually really fun with a full party. Played for a couple hours both Friday and Saturday night with some friends. I wouldn't attempt it solo though. Doesn't seem as fun.

To me, this game is just like Monster Hunter or L4D. Not that they can't be played solo, but doing so is simply not the way to go for maximum chaos, and chaos=fun.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daredevils2k

@Pedro said:

Very true, but more than Red Fall .

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@daredevils2k: You have Red Fall sales numbers.😎

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KvallyX

Dropped to #7 now behind CS2, DOTA 2, Palworld, PUBG, Apex and GTA VI. Ouch.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

Do you want the total sold before the refunds? or do you want just want the Refund numbers?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

Do you want the total sold before the refunds? or do you want just want the Refund numbers?

How does one get a refund on Game Pass for a game that is included with Game Pass?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

How does one get a refund on Game Pass for a game that is included with Game Pass?

how does one get a refund through steam?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

I’m not really surprised myself. Always thought the game looked incredibly fun. Wouldn’t mind trying this myself someday but just got too much on my plate right now.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:

Game Pass includes the game. How do we get a refund for Redfall when we get the game included in Game Pass?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:

Game Pass includes the game. How do we get a refund for Redfall when we get the game included in Game Pass?

Everyone, @kvallyx is a classic case of a poster who has been defeated..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

Let us know when you have a response to the question. Until then, we will watch you flop around like a fish.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

Let us know when you have a response to the question. Until then, we will watch you flop around like a fish.

Let us know who mentioned Game Pass in the first place (besides yourself that is) then I'll have an answer for you because it sounds like you're arguing with yourself about this whole Game Pass thing. Until then SUB-Daredevil wins!!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

Let us know who mentioned Game Pass in the first place (besides yourself that is) then I'll have an answer for you because it sounds like you're arguing with yourself about this whole Game Pass thing. Until then SUB-Daredevil wins!!

You are the only one who brought up Redfall, which is a Game Pass game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts

@kvallyx said:

Yes, this is an awesome Microsoft Windows PC release. Steam is just ROCKIN' this game! A lot of my friends sold their PS5's and now have a PC for day 1 Sony games. Thank you Jim Ryan!

Windows is a operating systems for pc.

like saying god of war great day for ps5 ui.

SatoriHanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SatoriHanzo
Member since 2023 • 20 Posts

I've played with randoms and solo. I had a blast playing it both ways. Solo is really intense in that there's nobody to save you when shit hits the fan. I can imagine playing with friends being the ultimate way to play though

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

Correct. The game only runs on Microsoft Windows PCs. It won't run on Linux or Mac (unless you dual boot and put on Microsoft Windows). And the game runs on Microsoft Azure. It's a win win for gamers globally!

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MysticalDonut

@hardwenzen said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@hardwenzen said:

To me, this game is just like Monster Hunter or L4D. Not that they can't be played solo, but doing so is simply not the way to go for maximum chaos, and chaos=fun.

Definitely isn't as good as the Left 4 Dead games

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@mysticaldonut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@hardwenzen said:

Definitely isn't as good as the Left 4 Dead games

That's fine, i don't see it being as good as MH either, but its a game i see being much more fun in coop because of a more chaotic gameplay 4 people bring, and that's all that matters to me in a horde mode style game.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By daredevils2k
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

Meanwhile the player count at Steam is less than a full team.

Sub-Daredevil wins again !!!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#33  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19568 Posts

Never heard of it... But then again, I never heard of Palworld either until like a month ago.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

Correct. The game only runs on Microsoft Windows PCs. It won't run on Linux or Mac (unless you dual boot and put on Microsoft Windows). And the game runs on Microsoft Azure. It's a win win for gamers globally!

A lot of my friends sold their PS5's and now have a PC for day 1 Sony games. lmao ya right. this is the first game that is day one release but its not a sony first party title.

so what game from sony is day one for both?

again thats like saying good day for ps5 ui.

gamers say good day for pc or xbox or switch or ps5.

good day to microsoft windows pc.

sounds like your thanking bill gates for this game lmao. yet its arrowhead who made this game.

it was not funded by Microsoft windows pc. Microsoft did not make this game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

A lot of my friends sold their PS5's and now have a PC for day 1 Sony games. lmao ya right. this is the first game that is day one release but its not a sony first party title.

so what game from sony is day one for both?

again thats like saying good day for ps5 ui.

gamers say good day for pc or xbox or switch or ps5.

good day to microsoft windows pc.

sounds like your thanking bill gates for this game lmao. yet its arrowhead who made this game.

it was not funded by Microsoft windows pc. Microsoft did not make this game.

Wait, now Helldivers 2 is NOT a first party title? I am so confused. Everyone else is saying it's a first party title.

Microsoft is excited because they get more Azure revenue from PS gamers, as well as more money from Microsoft Windows licenses sold to gamers. It's a win win!

Thank you Jim Ryan!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

I don't care for them cribbing off of Starship Troopers (do your own thing), and I wish the bugs had a more unique look to them. They remind me of the ones in the pit on Peter Jackson's King Kong. But if the game is good, it's not a big deal. Just nitpicking.

Good for them 👍

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@daredevils2k: So, nothing.😌

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

Since I take it you didn't answer my question of which you wanted, which I can remind you. Do you want total numbers sold before the refunds or refund numbers. Eitehr way, looks like game over for you.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

Can you please learn how to trim your posts? Like seriously. Get a Manscape 4.0 and got to town on those. @daredevils2k

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68

The power of SONY and PS5...awww yeahhh

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I don't care for them cribbing off of Starship Troopers (do your own thing), and I wish the bugs had a more unique look to them. They remind me of the ones in the pit on Peter Jackson's King Kong. But if the game is good, it's not a big deal. Just nitpicking.

Good for them 👍

A starship troopers game was overdue. Good on them for making a good one. They have a masterpiece here.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

Meanwhile the player count at Steam is less than a full team.

Sub-Daredevil wins again !!!

@kvallyx said:

Can you please learn how to trim your posts? Like seriously. Get a Manscape 4.0 and got to town on those. @daredevils2k

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@daredevils2k: I am sorry that the answer to my question is causing you so much trouble.😏

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

@mazuiface: Didn't a new Starship Troopers game literally come out last year? I thought people liked it too. All I'm saying is we already have that, so why not create your own thing?

The game looks like it has some cool stuff, but calling it a masterpiece seems a bit hyperbolic.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1061 Posts

Congrats

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68 said:

You buying helldivers 2 on PS5 or keeping it forever on steam?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68

@TheEroica said:
@Heil68 said:

You buying helldivers 2 on PS5 or keeping it forever on steam?

Probably PS5, my gaming PC is out of action. Need to build a new one!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68: plays great on steam deck! It's time Heil! That OLED model is gorgeous.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8104 Posts

congrats to Sony and the devs.. looks like Sony's first game in their live service strategy is off to great a start..

of course these games demand content to keep longevity but having a strong initial showing is key.. the Day One marketing/hype certainly helped with PC adoption..

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daredevils2k
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:

Since I take it you didn't answer my question of which you wanted, which I can remind you. Do you want total numbers sold before the refunds or refund numbers. Eitehr way, looks like game over for you.

@Pedro said:

@daredevils2k: I am sorry that the answer to my question is causing you so much trouble.😏

Well According to MS , it sold like Sh!t so I guess we can lay your argument to rest. So I am guessing it sold under 70k LOL