Have you ever cheesed a boss fight just to win?

• 59 results
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Yes. Mgs2 Vamp on extreme/Euro extreme is highly frustrating if played how you're "supposed to." Hang off of a ledge and bust out a high damage close quarters weapon like the Nikita.

"Cheesing" bosses in devil may cry 1 is absolutely essential to getting a "Special Bonus" (S rank plus S, or SS in later games) ranking in some stages, super nero angelo comes to mind. It's still difficult to pull off.

The scale of AI manipulation varies in how much you "cheese" a particular part in a game as well. Using firestorm to kill every boss in demon's souls is partially just a survival tactic for example, whereas exploiting Vamp's behavior trivializes the encounter.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@mazuiface: hey bro. I said the same thing!

Also, "cheesing" fighting game bosses is really the only way to defeat them. Magaki/orochi come to mind. Don't even let them begin to attack.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: All I did to Goodman was *meaty* jump in combos. NEVER give that motherfucker a chance to even throw out a jab

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Of course ... the only that comes to my mind as of now is The End boss battle in MGS3 ... everyone praises it, but i found it extremely frustrating and boring, even with the mic ... so i just blast him with the gas barrel or wait a few days for him to die ... no way i'll be wasting time looking for a freaking light reflection.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

Yep. Boss fight against Deathstroke's tank near the end of "Arkham Knight." Kited him back and forth around a building that had streets/alleys along all four sides just in order to get a shot at his weak spot.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Silent Hill 3 final boss on hard mode. Stand in a deadzone and melee for literally ten minutes.

I have beat it legit once. It requires you to stockpile a ton of ammunition since her HP is so ridiculously high. Took over half an hour.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

ive done it a few times, most recently in jedi fallen order, the big monster called Rabid Jotaz. I had to stay behind a door that the monster would stand near but couldn't go through and hit him as much as possible. Also the same game, the boss fight with malicos, didn't cheese it technically but b/c of the difficulty, I went back to the game and looked for more health vials before fighting him again. Same situation with with final boss fight against trilla, which took me at least a week, numerous youtube videos and unlocking more health vials to finally get good enough to beat her

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

Of course ... the only that comes to my mind as of now is The End boss battle in MGS3 ... everyone praises it, but i found it extremely frustrating and boring, even with the mic ... so i just blast him with the gas barrel or wait a few days for him to die ... no way i'll be wasting time looking for a freaking light reflection.

You let an old man beat you!

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@clone01: same and I have fun. Souls combat to me is just half the fun. I really dig the dark fantasy medieval setting. It's eerie with how dead the world feels yet grotesques are roaming.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol of course. people who haven't cheesed any, haven't played many games in their life.

Pretty much. Or at least not a lot of classic console/arcade games.

So many bosses in gaming are poorly designed, especially in a lot of older games. Finding an exploit to fight bullshit with bullshit ends up being the solve, often a necessity.

You have stuff like fighting games, (especially in arcades) where end bosses are notoriously shite. Usually had to drop anything that resembles skillful play and try to catch them in some loop.

Just about any game that allows for min/max builds is gonna have its cheese moments.

If it's a good boss that just happens to have cracks in the system, won't exploit that.

Luckily these "quarter eating" system ignoring spam bosses are pretty rare these days.

Well said. I agree on fighting games. A lot of the final bosses in the arcades were flat out broken.