Have "Seamless Open World Galaxy" Mass Effect Andomeda...

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

Please, please let this be true or at least close to it !!

It sounds just like what I'd dream of, lots of exploration, seamless open world space with many alien classes.

Bring this bad boy on, I was already hyped big time but now it's higher than high, it's into Andromeda high. :P

Any other third party game you're more hyped for than ME:A?

The Story.

---

Leak Says Mass Effect: Andromeda Will Have "Seamless Open World Galaxy"

"This is the story of humanity's next chapter."

A reported marketing survey for Mass Effect: Andromeda has made it out into the wild, revealing some possible details about BioWare's upcoming entry in the spacefaring RPG franchise.

Survey slides popped up on Reddit and NeoGAF recently (via PCGamesN), asking people a series of questions about the new game. One of the questions provides an overview of the game, which reveals it will take players to the Andromeda galaxy where the series formula will be flipped on its head.

"Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way, where players will lead the fight for a new home in history territory--where WE are the aliens--opposed by a deadly indigenous race bent on stopping us," reads a line from the reported description.

Promoted

Do you know how to make the case for data management?

Microsoft

It goes on:

"Experience the freedom to traverse and explore a planet-dense but seamless open-world galaxy, rich with discovery. Play as the leader of a squad of military-trained explorers in an intense third-person shooter, with deep progression and customization systems. This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and player choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival in the Andromeda galaxy."

Another slide reveals that Andromeda's story will involve a massive, interplanetary battle. The stakes are high, as players are fighting for the preservation of humanity, it seems.

"There is a major battle brewing, and it awaits you. It is unfolding across a galaxy of planets, with creatures and species entirely unknown," reads a line from the description. "Draw your weapon, because the fight is bigger than you thought. It's not just for your own life, it's for all of humanity--the ultimate battle for a place we can all call home."

It should be noted that this last description is listed as a "possible future version of Mass Effect," while the earlier slide specifically mentioned Andromeda by name.

Whatever the case, Andromeda sounds ambitious--and as the first Mass Effect game for the new generation of consoles, this is probably what players wanted to hear.

Andromeda was originally scheduled to come out this holiday, but has now reportedly been pushed to 2017. It is the fourth installment in the mainline series, leaving Commander Shepard behind.

Just recently, BioWare's Alistair McNally said Andromeda--as well as the company's mysterious new IP--are "looking stunning."

What do you think of the leaked Andromeda details? Let us know in the comments below!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@sts106mat said:

yeah, this just made me even more excited for the game. I am bit sore that it is not coming this year as it was number one on my wishlist (still is).

can't wait....day one..overpriced CE on pre-order (when its announced of course) @Heil68 strap one on baby

Yes sir, I think this sums it up well for many of us....

"Whatever the case, Andromeda sounds ambitious--and as the first Mass Effect game for the new generation of consoles, this is probably what players wanted to hear."

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SecretPolice

Also, sooo pumped that the Mako is back and boy does it look saweeeeeet, love this pic....

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF 2017 XD!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Lets pray its open world done well

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice

@getyeryayasout said:

Most importantly, what's the resolution? And what's going on with the dithering? Is there a significant amount of dithering going on? You know my longtime stance on gaming, no dithering, no sale. It's really the only sensible stance to take.

Well I ought tah....

Boom, Pow.. Straight to a moon in the Andromeda Galaxy with ya. :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Just tell me when

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

My hype-O-meter is off the charts !

GotY 2017 !

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice

@getyeryayasout:

LMAO, good stuff mah man. :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#14 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

So basically they are confirming the same thing that was leaked several months ago and I made a thread about it as well. This sounds really interesting and I hope they will manage to pull it off. I've been disappointed by Bioware in the last couple of years, I hope they will turn things around for me.

If they managed to execute it flawlessly then this could be best ME to date and the game that we deserved from the start.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mjorh

@Cloud_imperium said:

So basically they are confirming the same thing that was leaked several months ago and I made a thread about it as well. This sounds really interesting and I hope they will manage to pull it off. I've been disappointed by Bioware in the last couple of years, I hope they will turn things around for me.

If they managed to execute it flawlessly then this could be best ME to date and the game that we deserved from the start.

It can't top ME2 imo.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cloud_imperium

@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

It CAN but it won't... I think... or may be it will (not sure). The idea is really good but will they be able to execute it well? Will these new features be well made or half baked? Time will tell... I have mixed feelings.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I kinda knew this was the case after their DA:I success.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2146 Posts

@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

No Miranda ass shot=worst thing ever

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I will believe it when I see it. My biggest issue with this is that as promising Andromeda sounds, there has to be even a millisecond of footage to actually show that promise.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

Yeah but this will be Hololens capable.... Alternate Miranda Reality.... Engaged. :P

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mjorh

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

It CAN but it won't... I think... or may be it will (not sure). The idea is really good but will they be able to execute it well? Will these new features be well made or half baked? Time will tell... I have mixed feelings.

I'm more worried about the characters, either i'm gonna get to be sympathize with them like the way i did in ME2 or not, is the story is gonna be that epic like ME2 or not, not so much worried about gameplay tbh.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mjorh

@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

Oddly enough, i didn't like her

Think i'm the only one who didn't like her lol

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I'm still wondering what are they gonna give us for a plot since the last game was too open ended.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 651 Posts

Meh, this news annoys me more then hypes me. I am not a big fan of open world games. I will wait and see how they handle it if true.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SecretPolice

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

I'm still wondering what are they gonna give us for a plot since the last game was too open ended.

This says a lot to me and I especially like the last part which seems to be the general plot....

""There is a major battle brewing, and it awaits you. It is unfolding across a galaxy of planets, with creatures and species entirely unknown," reads a line from the description. "Draw your weapon, because the fight is bigger than you thought. It's not just for your own life, it's for all of humanity--the ultimate battle for a place we can all call home."

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@SecretPolice: so basically they got their butts kicked by the reapers? :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice

@Kruiz_Bathory:

Lol. orrr they find a new blue planet that we can defend and call home.

I know the suspense is killing me too. :P

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Sounds like I'll need an Xbox one-two or ps4.5 for this game. I'd like to see 2 player co-op and each player able to control a npc characte(so party of 4 or 3 and player who is running the game controls an npc).. That would be rad.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@sts106mat said:

yeah, this just made me even more excited for the game. I am bit sore that it is not coming this year as it was number one on my wishlist (still is).

can't wait....day one..overpriced CE on pre-order (when its announced of course) @Heil68 strap one on baby

"Whatever the case, Andromeda sounds ambitious--and as the first Mass Effect game for the new generation of consoles, this is probably what players wanted to hear."

I'll get the CE for sure too...awwww yeahhh

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@sts106mat said:

Yeahhh mannn, for this one, I may even spring for the CE. :D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@sts106mat said:

Got to see what it is first, but hopefully good. I've gotten steel cases LE the last 2.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@sts106mat said:

Got to see what it is first, but hopefully good. I've gotten steel cases LE the last 2.

Right, need to see it first. I think the last CE I got was ME2. I know you've got Halo CE's before and even I haven't done that you Halo fanboy you. lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

@SecretPolice:

We must play again and find some more black skulls!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68

@sts106mat said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:

Right, need to see it first. I think the last CE I got was ME2. I know you've got Halo CE's before and even I haven't done that you Halo fanboy you. lol :P

whatever it is, i will be getting it!

I seen a guy wearing an N7 hoodie the other week. he looked a doughnut, but i am a sucker CE's and bits of tat.

I have a N7 hoodie too, its awesome.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23962 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

This is actually shaping up to be the game I thought Mass Effect 1 was going to be when I skimmed through the website.

Which may be why I was so let down when I actually got my hands on the game :(

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#38 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41567 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

I'm not trying to come off as an "SJW", but that got REAL freaking annoying. It's like Bioware was forcing a Master Roshi/Jiraiya/Glen Quagmire reaction, but instead, triggered Kiyo Takamine being unimpressed

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 284

User Lists: 37

#39 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1434 Posts

@mjorh said:
@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

I didn't like her either, Liara FTW.
I'm personally worried for gameplay, missions design, choices. I want a better combat & world like Witcher 3. I can't imagine a Mass Effect game without Shepard either, will we like the new protagonist that much?
I think Bioware is getting to its senses hopefully, DAI may not be better than DAO, but it was far better than DA2 and close even to DAO imo. And after Mass Effect 3's disappointment for some people, they must have learnt, by now from their mistakes, but I will keep my hype in check.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cloud_imperium

@heguain said:
@mjorh said:
@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

I'm personally worried for gameplay, missions design, choices. I want a better combat & world like Witcher 3. I can't imagine a Mass Effect game without Shepard either, will we like the new protagonist that much?

I think Bioware is getting to its senses hopefully, DAI may not be better than DAO, but it was far better than DA2 and close even to DAO imo. And after Mass Effect 3's disappointment for some people, they must have learnt, by now from their mistakes, but I will keep my hype in check.

I think they should get rid of Paragon/Renegade stuff as well because it makes no sense. Choices should be like Witcher games. Paragon/Renegade system forces you to play only in one way because the more Paragon/Renegade options you select (pick one of them) the more points you get for either Paragon or Renegade meter.

Which means, you have to stick to one personality throughout the game to get those points for that personality meter to be filled and to unlock bonus conversation options for either Paragon or Renegade side. And these bonus conversation options can really affect the story in a big way.

So, it restricts you from making choices that you want to make (Hey I'm Paragon but right now I really want to kill this guy... ugh but have to let him go because I want to earn more Paragon points for my Paragon meter... gotta unlock dem conversation options that can end the conflict between Qurians and the Geths).

This problem was solved a little bit in Mass Effect 3, where you get bonus points for both of these personalities instead of one, no matter what choice you pick, but it's still not perfect. They should make choices a lot more practical like Witcher games... you know more grey stuff where you can pick random choices without worrying about Paragon/Renegade meter.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

I just hope it doesn't turn into something like Fallout or Skyrim... games with big open worlds with a billion things you can do. That's not Mass Effect to me. Sure I'd like to do some exploring, but I don't want to be inundated with sh** to do, like in other open world games. I want it to be a little more focused.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Hey everyone: Cloud made a thread about this months ago.

Anyway, so as it stands this is what No Man's Sky was suppose to be? Fucking badass.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14941 Posts

@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

I'm more worried about the characters, either i'm gonna get to be sympathize with them like the way i did in ME2 or not, is the story is gonna be that epic like ME2 or not, not so much worried about gameplay tbh.

ME2's story is by far the trilogy's worst. The main plot itself is one of the worst, most broken stories Bioware ever told.

@heguain said:
@mjorh said:
@Syn_Valence said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

No, DA2 is better than DAI. Why? Because it knows what it wants to be, it was just shipped unfinished. DAI on the other hand, has an identity crisis. Its exploration elements clash and weaken its story and it feels like it was in separate packages. And the questing is far better in DA2, where quests can end in multiple ways depending on not only your choices, but your personality and who is in your party. DAI lacks this. DA2 also has a more original story and a far better cast, where choices matter more in their fates.

And no, the root of ME3's disappointment is because they did not tell the story the fans wanted and it did not end how the fans wanted. It took risks, it was dark, and it didn't try to please everybody.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:
@heguain said:
@mjorh said:
@Syn_Valence said:

I think they should get rid of Paragon/Renegade stuff as well because it makes no sense. Choices should be like Witcher games. Paragon/Renegade system forces you to play only in one way because the more Paragon/Renegade options you select (pick one of them) the more points you get for either Paragon or Renegade meter.

Which means, you have to stick to one personality throughout the game to get those points for that personality meter to be filled and to unlock bonus conversation options for either Paragon or Renegade side. And these bonus conversation options can really affect the story in a big way.

So, it restricts you from making choices that you want to make (Hey I'm Paragon but right now I really want to kill this guy... ugh but have to let him go because I want to earn more Paragon points for my Paragon meter... gotta unlock dem conversation options that can end the conflict between Qurians and the Geths).

This problem was solved a little bit in Mass Effect 3, where you get bonus points for both of these personalities instead of one, no matter what choice you pick, but it's still not perfect. They should make choices a lot more practical like Witcher games... you know more grey stuff where you can pick random choices without worrying about Paragon/Renegade meter.

No, ME3 fixed the system. Outside of punching the reporter (which was one of the dumbest things about the trilogy), Renegade is practical and morally justifiable, its just not the moral ideal. Unlike ME1 and especially ME2, Renegade in ME3 was not about being the biggest prick possible, but being practical. And in ME3, Shepard was never allowed to be extreme on either side, so naïve of a Paragon that he or she would not accept the fact that sacrifices have to be made, or is he or she is so ruthless he or she becomes the monster they are trying to destroy.

The problem the first two games had was that not only did it lock you into one side or the other, the Renegade Shepard wasn't logical him or herself. Renegade itself was inconsistent. He or she would do things to be the biggest jerk possible or do or be things clearly not in the most logical interest of his or her mission (such as supporting Terra Firma in ME1). ME3 fixed Renegade, it just caused it to be inconsistent with the first two games.

And outside the ending where Shepard controls the Reapers, his or her moral standing in ME3 really doesn't matter.

And really most Witcher choices follow a pattern, putting the moral ideal in conflict with the practical choice. They just don't score you on it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice

@texasgoldrush:

Hey now, I won't get into all that other stuff but I found punching the reporter both rewarding and funny at the same time. Good stuff. :P

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 texasgoldrush
@SecretPolice said:

@texasgoldrush:

Hey now, I won't get into all that other stuff but I found punching the reporter both rewarding and funny at the same time. Good stuff. :P

A Male grunt punching a female reporter....really not that funny. It wasn't good humor.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice

@texasgoldrush said:
@SecretPolice said:

@texasgoldrush:

A Male grunt punching a female reporter....really not that funny. It wasn't good humor.

Eh, you had to be there. lol

Anyway, relax, it's just a video game after all plus equal rights and what's good for the goose and all that jazz as well. :P

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1479 Posts

Just don't be Inquisition in Space.

@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

lol what, the plot in ME2 was incredibly weak.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

Sounds like I'll need an Xbox one-two or ps4.5 for this game. I'd like to see 2 player co-op and each player able to control a npc characte(so party of 4 or 3 and player who is running the game controls an npc).. That would be rad.

Exactly what i've been asking for. Exploring a bunch of stuff with a friend, each with 1 npc would be the mass effect experience.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mjorh

@moistcarrot said:

Just don't be Inquisition in Space.

@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mjorh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It can't top ME2 imo.

lol what, the plot in ME2 was incredibly weak.

No it wasn't, compare to other games and you see it was actually brilliant.