• 64 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Has Spider-Man stolen AC:Unitys crown for funniest glitches (40 votes)

Yes 48%
No 53%

Clearly Spider-Man is a superbly crafted gaming experience.

But that doesn't mean we can't poke a little fun at some of these hilarious and creepy glitches.

Brilliant stuff.

Again... just a bit of fun.

• 
scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

No where near as funny as I was expecting......

Fail video is fail!

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Never experienced a glitch yet

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

This isn't even close to ACs bugs and glitches

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

MY most common glitch is the David Blaines I see hovering 3-4 feet above the side walk and the vibrating human, example seen starting at 1:22 of this video:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

My only funny glitch was swinging full speed towards the ground, going through it, and then for a few moments being under the world. It was weird af. Apart from that didn't find much glitches until now, just the occasional NPC trying to walk on top of stuff they shouldn't.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15916 Posts

I didnt encounter any glitches or bugs until way late in the game where I sometimes got thrown outside of playable map for a few second during a brawl. Ac unity I encounter one right after starting my game so yeah... Unity one this round.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Only glitch I encounter in Spider-Man is swinging through one building lol. So far, it's the only glitch I seen.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Pretty sad I haven't seen any of these glitches. Tried looking for any that made it past the 1.05 patch but so far its been smooth ok my end.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

That was hilarious and pretty freaky. ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

Saw these the other day, but missed the police leading away the masked henchmen lol. That was great.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I haven’t run into any glitches yet.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

You can't top flaceless AC. But that was funny.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Funny? That was a nightmare for me! Headless is one thing, but a faceless is really pushing it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Haha the Museum woman galloping up made me chuckle. What the heck is wrong with that guys game? Maybe he didn't patch it?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Ant_17 said:

Funny? That was a nightmare for me! Headless is one thing, but a faceless is really pushing it.

It's funny cause i never see glitches. I wonder what state these peoples consoles are to the game bug out.

I played Unity on day 1 and had no problems at all.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight

@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:

I haven’t run into any glitches yet.

you mean you haven't swung into any yet!

? True

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

no wonder this garbage got an 87

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zero_epyon

@KBFloYd said:

Man you're still mad about that failed downgrade thread....

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

https://i.imgur.com/e17rKth.gifv

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_epyon

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Haha I never even thought about doing that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

I seriously doubt that, but I welcome glitches that don't **** up my game.

Like this.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Haven't experienced any yet. I wonder if these were taken before the day one patch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd

@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:

yea except digital foundry confirmed the downgrade.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Hahahaha! This was the one I was just about to post. I saw this and actually had me laughing...lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KBFloYd

@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol what?

there is a 3rd part that says in the final game some things were upgraded but other things downgraded as explained here.

like the lighting. dont have time to search for it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@dagubot said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Hahahaha! This was the one I was just about to post. I saw this and actually had me laughing...lol.

I saw it on imgur and spat out some coffee at the landing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zero_epyon

@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:

lol what?

there is a 3rd part that says in the final game some things were upgraded but other things downgraded as explained here.

like the lighting. dont have time to search for it.

You're a clown:

Debunking the Spider-Man 'downgrade'

This is what they actually said.

When in shadow, the final game exhibits a softer, diffuse appearance which is arguably more realistic - the E3 demo simply appears overly shiny and more plastic-like in comparison. In direct sunlight, the E3 demo gives the impression of a suit covered in saran wrap while the cloth material in the final game exhibits more natural light dispersal. Which one looks better is a matter of taste and varies per scene, but this is clearly an artist-driven change not one made to save on performance. The bottom line is that character detail is excellent and from a technological perspective, it's entirely consistent across the various demonstrations of the game.

But there are changes in the final game and it seems that a specific cube-map for the scene reflections in the E3 2017 demo is possibly replaced with more generic cube-map art, giving the illusion of lower fidelity reflections. This is just a theory, but mapping scene-specific cube-maps throughout the game's reflections would be extremely difficult, so swapping to the generic art saves a lot of manpower. And we suspect that this would benefit from changing the position of water surfaces to produce the best effect, which is what has happened in the final game.

It's telling that of all the media released for the game, this is the only instance where the change is really evident. If our theory is right, this is a manpower issue, not a horsepower issue - but what's clear is that the underlying tech remains identical, and reflections remain a combination of SSR and cube-maps.

The notion of the change being performance-related - dare I say it - holds no water. For a start, I witnessed this demo being played in real-time on PS4 Pro hardware at E3 last year where it ran at the game's typically solid 30fps. Secondly, as Insomniac has stated, puddles are numerous and large in volume across the game. And finally, the truth is that Spider-Man has actually been upgraded via a day zero patch available to reviewers, which introduces dynamic resolution scaling.

Not to mention the resolution was bumped up from 1440p to a dynamic scaler that averages above 1440p. All the while maintaining the same locked 30fps.

Do you even know what a downgrade is?

next time quote the source and not some random image from an unknown source with out of context points...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KBFloYd

@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol what?

like the lighting. dont hav e time to search for it.

You're a clown:

When in shadow, the final game exhibits a softer, diffuse appearance which is arguably more realistic - the E3 demo simply appears overly shiny and more plastic-like in comparison. In direct sunlight, the E3 demo gives the impression of a suit covered in saran wrap while the cloth material in the final game exhibits more natural light dispersal. Which one looks better is a matter of taste and varies per scene, but this is clearly an artist-driven change not one made to save on performance. The bottom line is that character detail is excellent and from a technological perspective, it's entirely consistent across the various demonstrations of the game.

But there are changes in the final game and it seems that a specific cube-map for the scene reflections in the E3 2017 demo is possibly replaced with more generic cube-map art, giving the illusion of lower fidelity reflections. This is just a theory, but mapping scene-specific cube-maps throughout the game's reflections would be extremely difficult, so swapping to the generic art saves a lot of manpower. And we suspect that this would benefit from changing the position of water surfaces to produce the best effect, which is what has happened in the final game.

It's telling that of all the media released for the game, this is the only instance where the change is really evident. If our theory is right, this is a manpower issue, not a horsepower issue - but what's clear is that the underlying tech remains identical, and reflections remain a combination of SSR and cube-maps.

The notion of the change being performance-related - dare I say it - holds no water. For a start, I witnessed this demo being played in real-time on PS4 Pro hardware at E3 last year where it ran at the game's typically solid 30fps. Secondly, as Insomniac has stated, puddles are numerous and large in volume across the game. And finally, the truth is that Spider-Man has actually been upgraded via a day zero patch available to reviewers, which introduces dynamic resolution scaling.

Not to mention the resolution was bumped up from 1440p to a dynamic scaler that averages above 1440p. All the while maintaining the same locked 30fps.

next time quote the source and not some random image from an unknown source with out of context points...

idk why you even qouted what they said. its the same thing i posted. it was downgraded because they were too lazy"man power"

and i also said some things were upgarded while others downgraded.

so what are we arguing about again?

some people preferred the shinier suit too btw.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol what?

like the lighting. dont hav e time to search for it.

You're a clown:

idk why you even qouted what they said. its the same thing i posted. it was downgraded because they were too lazy"man power"

some people preferred the shinier suit.

"yea except digital foundry confirmed the downgrade."

Yet the entire article is an argument for an upgrade. The puddle room was an adjustment to save time. All the other locations throughout the world maintained the same quality and then some. Again, do you know what a downgrade is?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KBFloYd

@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You're a clown:

Yet the entire article is an argument for an upgrade. The puddle room was an adjustment to save time. All the other locations throughout the world maintained the same quality and then some. Again, do you know what a downgrade is?

bro, its all there in black and white clear as crystal

i'm done arguing. you believe what you want as will I.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zero_epyon

@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You're a clown:

bro, its all there in black and white clear as crystal

i'm done arguing. you believe what you want as will I.

Highlight it.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

From what I've seen the game was not downgraded, it has been upgraded in a few areas such as increased draw distance improved textures. Focusing on puddles is odd.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Lmao.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11
Loading Video...

Patch 1.05 didn't solve all issues. I got this hours ago.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Alright, that was pretty damn hilarious I have to admit. Bug checking must be a riot a lot of the time.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#38 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I haven't encountered a single funny glitch. Just a bunch of frustrating ones.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cainetao11

Gotta say this is where we see why Rockstar games are Rockstars.

Spidey's open world activities are getting awful repetitive. I stop random jewelry store robberies, breaking and entering on a roof top, a car chase and the enemies are all the same. I remember in other games when that was a bad thing LOL And how the fvck is a guy holding a baseball bat in front of him stopping a superhero that just caught a 4 door sedan in mid air? LMAO

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Wait glitches/bugs are ok now???

You know you have the gaming media in your back pocket when a gaming site writes an article about Spider-Man having some QUALITY bugs.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Wait glitches/bugs are ok now???

You know you have the gaming media in your back pocket when a gaming site writes an article about Spider-Man having some QUALITY bugs.

WAH WAH the gaming media says nice things about Sony games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Most open world games have glitches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zappat: How can a bug where you fall through the map and can't get out resulting in you having to re-load the game quality.

Just explain that without the deflection there my stalking alt.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:

@zappat: How can a bug where you fall through the map and can't get out resulting in you having to re-load the game quality.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

Although I stated these were funny, I found an annoying bug in that I couldn't earn new Base tokens... Unless i'm sincerely mistaken, i'd complete bases again whilst fulfilling the original side-objectives (originally not completed,) and it would state I earned a token, but would not tally. I had to earn 4, in order to go from 5 to 6, in order to complete my final suit.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

So many lemmings voting, yes. The jealousy is real.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Did you forget to sign into your alt Zappat account when you posted that? because all I got was more deflection.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Did you forget to sign into your alt Zappat account when you posted that? because all I got was more deflection.

? More tears from an asshurt clown with no comeback.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

? More tears from an asshurt clown with no comeback.

I don't need a comeback you do, as I asked a simple question, one you haven't answered on this account or on any other(s) you may have.

How can a game have quality bugs?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#50 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Does anyone else feels like towards the end the game gets a bit messy? I didn't encounter any game braking stuff but I'm getting a ton of small bugs, and even had the console crashing once.