HaloA cant possibly be hyped AAA can it?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22851 Posts
[QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]Ive been seeing it hyped as the best remake some even saying its better than ps3 exclusives this fall, so up has to be AAAChutebox
some don't decide the hype, majority do. Without a hype thread there is no hype.

exactly, plus my point is that although im not really a halo fan (though I am a happy supporter of the 360) I find it more common sense that hyping this game AAA is a pipe dream manifested by extreme Halo fans and pretty much what boils down to a small percentage of alt accounts pushing AAA for the lulz. As great of a game as Halo is, I think any self respecting gamer not pushing an agenda sees AAA as being an INCREDIBLY difficult feat to attain at gamespot considering what the package includes...
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#52 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

It´s one of my favourite games ever but obviously cant compete with other current games. Many games look better and Reach has better gameplay. AA for me.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
if the God of War collection can score AAA status i dont see why Halo cant...especially since its held in a higher regard than GoW.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
I've no idea how GS handles reviews of games like this as they don't come around very often at all (I'm talking TRUE remakes here, not HD rereleases). I won't even bother hyping at all.
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

It´s one of my favourite games ever but obviously cant compete with other current games. Many games look better and Reach has better gameplay. AA for me.

PAL360

i can count the amount of console games that look better than HaloA on my fingers:?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I replay CE every other year or so on PC, and it's still better than the vast majority of other modern day shooters on the market. A new coat of paint and co-op play only improves matters. Hell, it may be AAAA material.donalbane

I agree, for me the game is still AAAA but Im guessing it wont achieve AAA here on Gamespot. It looks to be a fantastic remake, but then so was REmake and it never achieved AAA either. Zelda OoT was just a lazy remake, should've got a lower score really.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#57 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Who was? I think it will be AA at best.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

I can imagine the remake getting AAA. Halo CE was AAAA(Meta wise) and it's doing everything CE did plus plus. I probably won't get it till maybe June next year, but I think the hype is AAA.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

Im hyping an 8.5

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
It really could go either way. That being said, CE is my least favorite of all the Halo games. As much as I love it, I can't deny that it has some very dull, repetitive sections.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

there is a reason...no one has hyped it that high...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Since this is GameSpot it can't possibly score lower than AAA. If Halo ODST can score AAA here, any and every Halo game will score AAA here no matter what.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50624 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]Ive been seeing it hyped as the best remake some even saying its better than ps3 exclusives this fall, so up has to be AAATheEroica
some don't decide the hype, majority do. Without a hype thread there is no hype.

exactly, plus my point is that although im not really a halo fan (though I am a happy supporter of the 360) I find it more common sense that hyping this game AAA is a pipe dream manifested by extreme Halo fans and pretty much what boils down to a small percentage of alt accounts pushing AAA for the lulz. As great of a game as Halo is, I think any self respecting gamer not pushing an agenda sees AAA as being an INCREDIBLY difficult feat to attain at gamespot considering what the package includes...

you're right, but the problem is that literally happens with every single exclusve. So it's nothing new.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WilliamRLBaker

Since this is GameSpot it can't possibly score lower than AAA. If Halo ODST can score AAA here, any and every Halo game will score AAA here no matter what.

Bigboi500
except odst was an amazing game and the lower scoring reviews around the net are complete tripe.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50624 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

WilliamRLBaker
except odst was an amazing game and the lower scoring reviews around the net are complete tripe.

You're right. Totally...
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

If odst can get the score it got here then anything can...

Should it? No but it probably will

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

WilliamRLBaker

It was nothing more than a glorified and over-rated expansion with a ton of backtracking. It was in no way on par with other titles in the series.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
hmm...so i wonder if they will remake H2
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#69 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Bigboi500

Is that a fact?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22851 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] some don't decide the hype, majority do. Without a hype thread there is no hype.Chutebox

you're right, but the problem is that literally happens with every single exclusve. So it's nothing new.

I'll say then 8.5 and leave it at that.
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 gamedude234

i like how people are saying "its going to get AA/AAA" when they have no idea what they're talking about. the game was announced a month ago guys, we know close to nothing about it.

oh and to those saying that a halo game can't get less than AAA, halo wars would like a word with you.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Who cares about "AAA", or "AA", etc? Friggin' letter rankings. Besides, S rank will always be above any given number of A's.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
If the price is right it could be AAA, but no-one in SW really cares that much about remakes as far as I know, at least as far as hype goes.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Considering most people have already played the game they should know exactly what the game is. Reviews seem kind of irrelevant for this game.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bigboi500

oh and to those saying that a halo game can't get less than AAA, halo wars would like a word with you.

gamedude234

Halo Wars is a spin-off and not even the same genre so it doesn't count. :|

lostfan132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostfan132
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

it is but it shouldn't be. what could this halo game possibly add that reach and 3 were not able to do. microsoft should have pulled a sony and packed in halo and halo 2 upscaled to hd. Nothing changed, just now in hd with 60 fps. i know for a fact halo fanboys would eat that up. but i'm giuessing a halo 2 anniverseray isn't too far off.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 pills4louis

Here's the real question: If reviewers hand out "AAA" scores like candy, doesn't the very concept of what's accepted as "AAA" lose its meaning? The standards for what makes a great game has been slipping exponentially over the past several years. I think everyone here already knows this.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gamedude234

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

Bigboi500

what bs is that? people are saying: a HALO GAME will never get lower than AAA just because its halo. did they specify? no they did not. and why does halo wars "not count"? does KZ liberation "not count" as a KZ game?? Does BioShock 2 "not count" as a Bioshock game"? does COD finest Hour "not count"? give me a break.

*phew* rant over.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

gamedude234

what bs is that? people are saying: a HALO GAME will never get lower than AAA just because its halo. did they specify? no they did not. and why does halo wars "not count"? does KZ liberation "not count" as a KZ game?? Does BioShock 2 "not count" as a Bioshock game"? does COD finest Hour "not count"? give me a break.

*phew* rant over.

Do you not understand what genre means? Honestly I don't know or care if CE remake gets AAA here or not, but most people agree that ODST was nowhere near AAA quality.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pills4louis

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

gamedude234

*phew* rant over.

Killzone: Liberation was a spin-off. Bioshock 2 was a sequel/prequel. CoD: Finest Hour was a spin-off. Similarly, Metroid: Other M is not a Metroid game.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the first is a 8.5 to me and this is going to be a 10 year old remake so.... i dont think so (and zelda didnt get it so...) but... GS give halo AAA scores just for the hell of it so i wouldnt be surprised
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

the first is a 8.5 to me and this is going to be a 10 year old remake so.... i dont think so (and zelda didnt get it so...) but... GS give halo AAA scores just for the hell of it so i wouldnt be surprised campzor
Ahh yes just for the hell of it :roll:

Despite the fact most of scores are simular on pretty much every other website..hmm?

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I think it will be AA unless they do something big with the multiplayer.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#84 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

After ODST scored AAA, anything is possible. From a single player perspective, it's still the best Halo game by far, so if the other games are AAA, I would score it AAA even by today's standards.PurpleMan5000

So true. Or after Reach scored a 9.5. 9.5 should only be reserved for the very best games, and Reach simply wasn't that. It actually felt pretty lame compared to Halo 3, which in turn felt slightly lame after Halo 2. The Halo franchise just keeps getting worse IMO.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]the first is a 8.5 to me and this is going to be a 10 year old remake so.... i dont think so (and zelda didnt get it so...) but... GS give halo AAA scores just for the hell of it so i wouldnt be surprised walkingdream

Despite the fact most of scores are simular on pretty much every other website..hmm?

gamespot overrated them..as usual. odst - 83 meta - 9 gs reach 91 meta - 9.5 gs
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
It's releasing with other big games, it can't by hyped enough.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I think AA at most. I will buy it for sure but it is a 10 year old game so I do not think it will score AAA.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

I don't think it will be AAA but it will be a great remake for sure.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PAL360

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Halo Wars is a spin-off and not even the same genre so it doesn't count. :|

Bigboi500

*phew* rant over.

Do you not understand what genre means? Honestly I don't know or care if CE remake gets AAA here or not, but most people agree that ODST was nowhere near AAA quality.

So basically you are saying that gamespot is biased in favour of first person shooters and not Halo games, right?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PAL360

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]the first is a 8.5 to me and this is going to be a 10 year old remake so.... i dont think so (and zelda didnt get it so...) but... GS give halo AAA scores just for the hell of it so i wouldnt be surprised campzor

Resistence 2 - 8.7 meta - 9 gs

MAG - 7.8 meta - 8 gs

SOCOM 4 - 71 meta - 7.5 gs

Yeah, it seems gamespot guys really like shooters overall.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Calling it 8/10.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

It was nothing more than a glorified and over-rated expansion with a ton of backtracking. It was in no way on par with other titles in the series.

it infact surpasses halo 3 and halo reach in story and gameplay.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Halo Sub-HD Remake? Hmm, I'll still probably buy it.

Halo really does have one of the best campaigns around. Gameplay has improved a bit, graphics have improved, but the actual structure, pacing, and storytelling in the first game is still tops for me.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

GOW COLLECTION outscored Gow3 on IGN. GS didn't review GOW Collection but I'm sure it would be a 9.5 if they did.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 gamedude234

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Halo Wars is a spin-off and not even the same genre so it doesn't count. :|

pills4louis

*phew* rant over.

Killzone: Liberation was a spin-off. Bioshock 2 was a sequel/prequel. CoD: Finest Hour was a spin-off. Similarly, Metroid: Other M is not a Metroid game.

define "spin-off"

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]the first is a 8.5 to me and this is going to be a 10 year old remake so.... i dont think so (and zelda didnt get it so...) but... GS give halo AAA scores just for the hell of it so i wouldnt be surprised campzor

Exactly not much difference ey? :?

91 Meta to 95 gs is very close considering it's a .05 system.

ODST is a different case all together.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I think AA at most. I will buy it for sure but it is a 10 year old game so I do not think it will score AAA.CanYouDiglt

OoT 3D is 13 years old, basically the same gameplay with slighty updated visuals and it got a miracously score of a 8.5 here, and currently holds a AAA score on Metacritic.

I'm 90% convinced that Halo Remake will have a 9.0 score here, and 100% convinced that it'll hold a AAA score on Metacritic.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

*phew* rant over.

gamedude234

define "spin-off"

A spin-off is either a side-story or an unorthodox outing for a series in terms of gameplay.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
It'll definitely won't be AAA for me. I thought the first Halo was boring as hell, especially after finishing Halo 3 and Halo Reach recently.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#100 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Hasn't stopped other remakes from getting AAA scores from a lot of sites. That said, it's not gonna get AAA here.