Halo is now underrated

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]If Halo was hyped more than sex, then it failed tremendously. I've only experienced the single player of it, and I still have to say it is loads better than anything Halo has ever offered. Plus, it has great replay value, and I frequently come back to it. user_nat
Took me a few reads to understand what you were saying.. now that I do: lol

Oh wow, count me in on that. Pfft, right over my head :lol:

On subject. The series is solid but I wouldnt give an arm and a leg for it. I will say if there is one thing I can give credit to bungie for, its the artstyle and general layout of the games levels and scenery. That and good "jump in" fun. Thats where the credit stops for me.

Deathlessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Deathlessness
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

Halo

Halo owns

Go Halo!

Yeah!

Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3...

Halo 3 > Killzone 2. :D

Bungie

g805ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 g805ge
Member since 2009 • 474 Posts

If Halo was hyped more than sex, then it failed tremendously. I've only experienced the single player of it, and I still have to say it is loads better than anything Halo has ever offered. Plus, it has great replay value, and I frequently come back to it. Anyway, I think Halo gets a lot of hate and a lot of love.DeathScape666
Weren't you the guy who rated Red Steel a 7.5 and was defending it. That explains a lot.

g805ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 g805ge

[QUOTE="user_nat"][QUOTE="DeathScape666"]If Halo was hyped more than sex, then it failed tremendously. I've only experienced the single player of it, and I still have to say it is loads better than anything Halo has ever offered. Plus, it has great replay value, and I frequently come back to it. mccoyca112

Oh wow, count me in on that. Pfft, right over my head :lol:

On subject. The series is solid but I wouldnt give an arm and a leg for it. I will say if there is one thing I can give credit to bungie for, its the artstyle and general layout of the games levels and scenery. That and good "jump in" fun. Thats where the credit stops for me.

This is the last time I'm showing this people, I swear.... maybe not. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6RfMcpn0Cc

Deathlessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Deathlessness
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

If Halo was hyped more than sex, then it failed tremendously. I've only experienced the single player of it, and I still have to say it is loads better than anything Halo has ever offered. Plus, it has great replay value, and I frequently come back to it. Anyway, I think Halo gets a lot of hate and a lot of love.DeathScape666

LMAO. It got 9.7 @ GS and is considered one of the greatest games ever by critics. Also, when GameSPot's memebers last were having a vote about the best games ever, HALO CE scored 2 behind OoT. 9.7 >>>>>>>>>> 6. Halo is the Greatest FPS console EVER. 8)

g805ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 g805ge

Halo

Halo owns

Go Halo!

Yeah!

Bungie

Deathlessness

Fanboy much?

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

With little competition, HALO CE was good when it released.
Sadly(not really)HALO2 and 3 are crap thanks to competition. They better do something new and exciting with Reach.
ODST is just milking with the beta and all...

g805ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 g805ge

With little competition, HALO CE was good when it released.
Sadly(not really)HALO2 and 3 are crap thanks to competition. They better do something new and exciting with Reach.
ODST is just milking with the beta and all...

-Reggaeton-

No, they're just expanding the Halo mythos in interactive gaming form.

Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

I'm sorry, I must have misread, did your thread actually say that Super Mario for the Super Nintendo was a (basically) terrible game? To hell with you, and to hell with this topic. Videogames are supposed to be fun, and that is one hell of a fun game, one of the funnest in my memory to be exact. Are you honestly bi***ing about a poor story?

And Halo, a simply great game. I didn't know people didn't like Halo: Combat Evolved, the other two, sure, but Halo 1, no. I love that game, I don't think it is overrated at all.

So yes, you have an opinion, it's just a wrong opinion; in my opinion, of course.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]If Halo was hyped more than sex, then it failed tremendously. I've only experienced the single player of it, and I still have to say it is loads better than anything Halo has ever offered. Plus, it has great replay value, and I frequently come back to it. user_nat

Someone give this man a free internet.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#61 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

"I'm pretty sure most gamers couldn't care less if a game's story is embarrassingly stupid as long as it's fun to play. A bad story does not single-handedly ruin a game. Bioshock is a good example of this."

wait, wtf - you DIDN'T like bioshock's story?

jpKNOCKOUT
Wow Bioshock has an amazing story, a better example would be Red Faction: Guerrilla.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="Deathlessness"]

Halo

Halo owns

Go Halo!

Yeah!

Bungie

g805ge

Fanboy much?

By his post he sounds like one extremely cool guy.

Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Erik729

[QUOTE="g805ge"]

[QUOTE="Deathlessness"]

Halo

Halo owns

Go Halo!

Yeah!

Bungie

shawn7324

Fanboy much?

By his post he sounds like one extremely cool guy.

Man, I bet this guy would LOVE Killzone 2 if he played it!

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts

I'm sorry, I must have misread, did your thread actually say that Super Mario for the Super Nintendo was a (basically) terrible game? To hell with you, and to hell with this topic. Videogames are supposed to be fun, and that is one hell of a fun game, one of the funnest in my memory to be exact. Are you honestly bi***ing about a poor story?

Erik729
You did misread. I was using sarcasm to prove a point.
Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Erik729

[QUOTE="Erik729"]

NBSRDan

You did misread. I was using sarcasm to prove a point.

And the ass**le award goes to...

Erik729 Thank you so much, I couldn't have made it here without my stupidity!

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Crap. I dunno about the rest of you guys, but watching that Greg K. review of Halo (then following the related videos to the original GS Halo video review) brings back so many memories... and just makes me wanna play it again even more. Huh... is this actually a time period, where Halo was praised for its CAMPAIGN and STORY? No way!

>_>

I assume the publicity of Halos 2 and 3 gave people the wrong ideas so gamers nowadays don't even bother with the first game, in my eyes, a solid classic. Fielder doesn't say it's the best FPS, but fans of Goldeneye and Half Life can find something they like in Halo.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Why is everyone so negative about Halo 1, 2 & 3's story? :( Am I the only one that really enjoyed all of them?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Halo CE sure as hell is not underrated. Even nowadays. From a PC cross console perspective. And yes I was hyped for the game long before its release and development shifts.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
All I got out of this was "Halo is better than sex!". It is by far not underrated in any way possible. Since Halo = Wolfenstein does that mean it's old to PC standards? "Sticky-aim" I'm pretty sure it's called auto aim. It's on every console FPS.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="NBSRDan"]
 [color=#244896]One of the most notoriously bad games ever released. This game is especially infamous for not having a deep storyline.[/color]
How do you think Halo is generally perceived (now, not at the time of release), and how much praise do you think it deserves?

WHAT! Put Halo on the back burner for a minute, people thought that THIS game was bad? That is one of the funnest games of ALL time. I remember running home from school to play this. I wanna punch someone in the face.