Halo is just one downgrade and technological deficiency one after another *FACT*

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Well we all know about the Chief's downgrades and Suit inefficiencys.

1. No night vision
  2. Slower shield Re-Charge in Halo 3
  3. Can't swim

Now lets move on to weaponry downgrades.

1. They downgraded their Pistol twice. The Halo 2 pistol was crap in comparison and it gets even worse in Halo 3.
  2. They downgraded their Rocket Launcher. Why the hell would you remove the Lock-On feature?
  3. They downgraded the Assault Rifle. Halo CE's Assault Rifle had 60 rounds Halo 3's has 32. Wtf why? Surely they must have had too many burned out barrels due ot the extra 28 rounds in the clip :roll:
  4. Shotgun was downgraded from Halo CE. The Halo CE Shotgun is vastly superior in range and spread.
  5. They removed the Assault Rifle all together in Halo 2 in favor of a SMG as standard issue. Is this a joke? I mean seriously an SMG becomes standard over a Rifle? lol wow.

Vehicles.

1. Halo CE UNSC vehicles were built to last and were indestructable. In Halo 2 and Halo 3 they can be blown up, damaged, destroyed ect. How cheap are these guys? Surely indestructable vehicles cost more but they are freaking indestructable! Cheap POS you are fighting for the survival of your race and you downgrade your vehicles like this?! They must really want to die.
  2. Tanks have to rely on a Gunner instead of the driver being able to use it manually. Sorry but having one person control both aspects is more efficent and uses less man power. I also don't like my Gunner getting sniped out.

In Conclusion

It should be obvoius to you and obvious to me that the true saviors of Halo 3 were the Elites without them the UNSC would have been merely laughed at. I mean here they are fighting a war for the survival of their very existance and they are cutting corners like some fast food joint.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
ok?
Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts

ok?Dreams-Visions

OK!

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

:edited: this thread is actually pretty interesting :)

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
this is a joke, right?
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
it's bad, but man, have you seen the mega man downgrade? he couldn't even beat the power rangers!!! ;)
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]ok?Shomb22

OK!

Ok?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blackbond

it's bad, but man, have you seen the mega man downgrade? he couldn't even beat the power rangers!!! ;)Eddie5vs1

No please show me. I am very much interested. The Megaman Universe's Technology is always advancing.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Shomb22"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]ok?Nagidar

OK!

Ok?

OK!!!

xooco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 xooco
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

1. No night vision
  3. Can't swim

1. They downgraded their Pistol twice. The Halo 2 pistol was crap in comparison and it gets even worse in Halo 3.
  2. They downgraded their Rocket Launcher. Why the hell would you remove the Lock-On feature?
  3. They downgraded the Assault Rifle. Halo CE's Assault Rifle had 60 rounds Halo 3's has 32. Wtf why? Surely they must have had too many burned out barrels due ot the extra 28 rounds in the clip :roll:
  4. Shotgun was downgraded from Halo CE. The Halo CE Shotgun is vastly superior in range and spread.
  5. They removed the Assault Rifle all together in Halo 2 in favor of a SMG as standard issue. Is this a joke? I mean seriously an SMG becomes standard over a Rifle? lol wow.

Vehicles.

1. Halo CE UNSC vehicles were built to last and were indestructable. In Halo 2 and Halo 3 they can be blown up, damaged, destroyed ect. How cheap are these guys? Surely indestructable vehicles cost more but they are freaking indestructable! Cheap POS you are fighting for the survival of your race and you downgrade your vehicles like this?! They must really want to die.
  2. Tanks have to rely on a Gunner instead of the driver being able to use it manually. Sorry but having one person control both aspects is more efficent and uses less man power. I also don't like my Gunner getting sniped out.

In Conclusion

It should be obvoius to you and obvious to me that the true saviors of Halo 3 were the Elites without them the UNSC would have been merely laughed at. I mean here they are fighting a war for the survival of their very existance and they are cutting corners like some fast food joint.

Blackbond

Your thread is too dificult to understand in System Wars. Just look at the answers you got.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
well, i've give that the point about the warthog and the scorpion to be true, but the pistol? it actually has enough pop to bring down a golden armor clad Brute, and the assult rifle got alot stronger too.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Nagidar"][QUOTE="Shomb22"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]ok?Blackbond

OK!

Ok?

OK!!!

thread officially delivers.

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts
k
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 samusarmada

well, i've give that the point about the warthog and the scorpion to be true, but the pistol? it actually has enough pop to bring down a golden armor clad Brute, and the assult rifle got alot stronger too.mlbslugger86

the plasma pistol also takes out vehicles now.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Realistically (at least in the Halo universe),they probably didn't have the resources in Halo 3 to manufacture that many and probably had to cut down on materials used per weapon in order to outfit everyone with weapons. While having a smallnear-indestructable unit is great, unfortuanately, it wouldn't be able to protect Earth because the Covenant would simply maneuver around them.

Outside of the Halo universe, Bungie probably felt that they had to tweak weapons and vehicles in order to keep the game balanced.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

wow, who cares?

Oh, and the reason the Assault rifle capacity was reduced was because its power and accuracy was increased.

jmorey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jmorey01
Member since 2004 • 2637 Posts

I was just talking about the pistol to my friend. It's so funny that they would just make the pistol so horrible for no reason.

At least the pistol in halo 2 was almost bearable, now in Halo 3 I throw it away as soon as I find another weapon.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackbond

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]well, i've give that the point about the warthog and the scorpion to be true, but the pistol? it actually has enough pop to bring down a golden armor clad Brute, and the assult rifle got alot stronger too.samusarmada

the plasma pistol also takes out vehicles now.

Thankfully the Covenant have upgrades their technology especially the Needlers. The Humans really were just asking for death.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
The pistol in Halo 3 is very powerful if you are good with it. Not so much close quarters due to slow shooting speed, but it packs a mean punch with headshots from medium range.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackbond

wow, who cares?

GazzaB

Please don't make a laughable statement like that when you youself took the time to post in this thread making you a hypocrite :P

agni_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 agni_1
Member since 2004 • 791 Posts

1. No night vision
  3. Can't swim

Vehicles.

In Conclusion

Blackbond

wow I expected a guy of your level to make an meaninful argument..maybe you shouldn't have used your everday account

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Are you kidding? You finished the game on Legendary. Why do you want the game to be easy?

If the pistol was changed back to the sniper pistol it was in the original... if MC's shields regenerated faster...if the assault rifle had a larger clip... if the vehicles were indestructable.... the game would wouldn't be challenging at all. It'd be way too easy.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond

wow I expected a guy of your level to make an meaninful argument..maybe you shouldn't have used your everday account

agni_1

Make a new account for posting? Man you take me too seriously then. I'm not some super man poster or something. I'm an every day person just like you or anyone else.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
This is actually a really funny thread. *kudos*
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Well at least they upgraded the armor with more possible ...uh.... panels?

And sorry if you miss Halo2's rocket launcher "auto-aim"... isn't that something you PC gamers complain about? Now that they removed it you complain more? BAH!

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

See dude, all the stuff you mentioned on the Humans side was the last of its kind and unique to the Pillar of Autumn. All those 60 round AR's, Pistols with zoom, and indestructable vehicles. Same goes for the differences in the Covie weapons... they were unique to the Truth and Reconciliation and any other Covenant ships involved.

As for the discrepencies from Halo 2... uhh... maybe Halo 2 was all just a dream... a really bad dream!

agni_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 agni_1
Member since 2004 • 791 Posts
[QUOTE="agni_1"]

Blackbond

Make a new account for posting? Man you take me too seriously then. I'm not some super man poster or something. I'm an every day person just like you or anyone else.

yeah but obviously one who is not very adept at supporting what he wrote. Seriously were you even being serious when you made this topic?

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 samusarmada

Are you kidding? You finished the game on Legendary. Why do you want the game to be easy?

If the pistol was changed back to the sniper pistol it was in the original... if MC's shields regenerated faster...if the assault rifle had a larger clip... if the vehicles were indestructable.... the game would wouldn't be challenging at all. It'd be way too easy.

VoodooHak

halo was damn hard on legendary anyway.

Mainly because there were much less things in the game then than there are now. Wraiths couldnt be boarded, there were no swords, much fewer weapons, plus the hardest level of the game was one in which vehicles made no difference.

Pretty pointless post by me but whatever...

Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
All resources went into making mongooses (mongeese?)
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

And sorry if you miss Halo2's rocket launcher "auto-aim"... isn't that something you PC gamers complain about? Now that they removed it you complain more? BAH!

Bgrngod

I'm not really picking on you in particular since this really applies to everyone here, but Blackbond seems to be talking within the context of the Halo universe, not ours. He's asking why the **** would the UNSC take out lock-on rockets from their rocket launchers, not why the **** Bungie took out lock-on rockets from Halo 3.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond

See dude, all the stuff you mentioned on the Humans side was the last of its kind and unique to the Pillar of Autumn. All those 60 round AR's, Pistols with zoom, and indestructable vehicles. Same goes for the differences in the Covie weapons... they were unique to the Truth and Reconciliation and any other Covenant ships involved.

As for the discrepencies from Halo 2... uhh... maybe Halo 2 was all just a dream... a really bad dream!

buuzer0

That is an actual good explanation. The Pillar of Autumn must have truely had the latest and greatest state of the art equipment.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
a nother "fact" caller.... i don't even read it. saying "fact" means you're a sad fanboy.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blackbond

All resources went into making mongooses (mongeese?)Koolsen

Those Mongooses are deadly though. I mean look at all the weapons they are equipped with. I mean you gotta use those spare warthog parts some where.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

this is a joke, right?wolverine4262

Whether you love the Halo franchise or not, the TC post is absolutely true.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackbond

a nother "fact" caller.... i don't even read it. saying "fact" means you're a sad fanboy.Always-Honest

And this people is what we call self-owning yourself. Calling people a fanboy without even reading the context of the thread? Pssh all the info I stated is fact 8)

Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts

[QUOTE="Koolsen"]All resources went into making mongooses (mongeese?)Blackbond

Those Mongooses are deadly though. I mean look at all the weapons they are equipped with. I mean you gotta use those spare warthog parts some where.

And the spartan laser. R&D took 200 years to develop that (Partially explaining why they have the almost exact same weapons we do in modern days)
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

agni_1

That was unneeded. He was trying to bring a lighter side in here. Or did you just read the topic title and not the post?

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Technoweirdo

I'm not really picking on you in particular since this really applies to everyone here, but Blackbond seems to be talking within the context of the Halo universe, not ours. He's asking why the **** would the UNSC take out lock-on rockets from their rocket launchers, not why the **** Bungie took out lock-on rockets from Halo 3.

They used up all of their fancy, new-fangled homing rockets in Halo 2, so by the time Halo 3 rolled around they were down to out-dated Halo 1 rockets? I mean, rockets don't make themselves, and I can't imagine the Covenant just leaving every UNSC munitions factory alone to keep churning out weapons and ammo.

In other words, the UNSC is down to using whatever's handy, and homing rockets are not handy anymore.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

1. No night vision

would it really benifent gameplay in campaign and multiplayer?

1. Slower shield Re-Charge in Halo 3

What? It was faster depending on the difficulty you're playing

1. Can't swim :lol: You're a guy in a 50 ton armor. Of course you can't swim.

1. They downgraded their Pistol twice. The Halo 2 pistol was crap in comparison and it gets even worse in Halo 3. Meh, I could agree there. The pistol is still useless.
  2. They downgraded their Rocket Launcher. Why the hell would you remove the Lock-On feature? To balance multiplayer?
  3. They downgraded the Assault Rifle. Halo CE's Assault Rifle had 60 rounds Halo 3's has 32. Wtf why? Surely they must have had too many burned out barrels due ot the extra 28 rounds in the clip :roll: This is really old news. And again, probably done for balance.
  4. Shotgun was downgraded from Halo CE. The Halo CE Shotgun is vastly superior in range and spread. The shotgun is a lot better than Halo 1's in terms of firepower. However, the rounds are limited to 5's.
  5. They removed the Assault Rifle all together in Halo 2 in favor of a SMG as standard issue. Is this a joke? I mean seriously an SMG becomes standard over a Rifle? lol wow. God knows why they did :lol: The only gun that was useful was the battle rifle.

Vehicles.

1. Halo CE UNSC vehicles were built to last and were indestructable. In Halo 2 and Halo 3 they can be blown up, damaged, destroyed ect. How cheap are these guys? Surely indestructable vehicles cost more but they are freaking indestructable! Cheap POS you are fighting for the survival of your race and you downgrade your vehicles like this?! They must really want to die. Are you serious? :?
  2. Tanks have to rely on a Gunner instead of the driver being able to use it manually. Sorry but having one person control both aspects is more efficent and uses less man power. I also don't like my Gunner getting sniped out. I admit I was like WTF?when I saw this. Didn't really make any sense at all.

In Conclusion

Your allies really do need a savior since they are really,really stupid. I think that was a major downgrade in the Halo series. Your allies were smart in halo 1. in Halo 2, they were downgraded but still drove vehicles like pros. And in Halo 3, they can't do anything right except suck and die.

Blackbond
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Budget cuts?

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I usually agree with you, but they were probably attempting at more balance.
fowad555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 fowad555
Member since 2005 • 408 Posts

actually in halo 3 they make is customizeable meanign how u like it ok

and now u can change the speed of a player u can set the gravity it( if it is zero basically ur like floating )

u can set the player traits

u can cutomize the motion sensers range from 15m to 125 meters

u can change the vechiles to indestructible in the slayer settings or any other

u can change the time the shiled takes to recharge

u can set the shield to 4x over shield or 400 times recharge faster

basically ur just a sony fan boy

or a halo hater cuz the ps3 is losing and will lose as long as it does not get good games

and in halo 3 now u can even make interactive movies and forge and campaign scoring

skulls

new sets of armour to wear

brand new vechiles and weapons

and u have a level from 1 - 50 or hihger

u have set ranks from recruit to seargent and higher

halo 3 is 500000% better than halo 2 it has really improved

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
But da Mazter Cheef cud kill Kratos wif one headbutt!!!
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

I usually agree with you, but they were probably attempting at more balance.nintendofreak_2

Balancing or not, what the TC mentioned were indeed downgrades. This can't be argued.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]a nother "fact" caller.... i don't even read it. saying "fact" means you're a sad fanboy.Blackbond

And this people is what we call self-owning yourself. Calling people a fanboy without even reading the context of the thread? Pssh all the info I stated is fact 8)

i don't care what it says. i just don't read topics that end with "fact". it's always something incredibly stupid.

Most of the times they learned it from their daddy. a safe way to avoid discussions
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blackbond

basically ur just a sony fan boy

or a halo hater cuz the ps3 is losing and will lose as long as it does not get good games

fowad555

:lol: Man SW is just as crazy as ever I see :lol:

xBlackBondx at Bungie.net

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]a nother "fact" caller.... i don't even read it. saying "fact" means you're a sad fanboy.Always-Honest

i don't care what it says. i just don't read topics that end with "fact". it's always something incredibly stupid.

Most of the times they learned it from their daddy. a safe way to avoid discussions

And yet you missed out on an entertaining and factual thread do to your ignorance of having fun. Lighten up man 8)

Gator08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gator08
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts
i dont understand this thread. are you bashing halo because the devs balanced the weapons? wow
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]a nother "fact" caller.... i don't even read it. saying "fact" means you're a sad fanboy.Blackbond

You cannot SELF OWN anyone but yourself. That's why it is called "self-owning".

I have said this a hundred times on these boards, can someone confirm that they actually read my post this time?

"Self-owned yourself" is redundant. It's like saying "I crotch-kicked you in the crotch". Kapish?

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]I usually agree with you, but they were probably attempting at more balance.AvIdGaMeR444

Balancing or not, what the TC mentioned were indeed downgrades. This can't be argued.

They were downgrades for the better.

Not downgrading would have made the game way too easy. Considering he beat the game on Legendary already, I don't understand why he'd want the game any easier.