deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

By current gen consoles. They have to keep in mind the xbone when making the game, even tho its a launch title for the scarlet. Kinda makes me mad that the game won't take full advantage of scarlet.

Thoughts?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I’m not worried at all myself. I’m sure that it will look great and play great.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

We don't know? We have no idea the level of scalability behind-the-scenes... PC games at Low look way worse than PC games at max settings. At the end of the day... Who gives a shit? Let's wait to see if the game is good.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

I highly doubt it. the OG Xbox One and PS4 didn't stop RDR2 from looking amazing. Also, the OG Xbox One didn't stop FH2 from looking amazing either.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

MS knows not everyone will be able to buy Scarlet day one launch and those who will wait and keep their Xbox One S/X will be able to play Halo Infinite without buying Scarlet and I don't see how it will be held back. When new consoles launch, games don't take full advantages right away, they take years for developers to utilize it's hardware and then, see the consoles full potential. But for now, let's just wait and see when the game release before freaking out.

Of course, if you really want to get the best version of Halo Infinite, just get it on PC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@thatdbfan said:

I highly doubt it. the OG Xbox One and PS4 didn't stop RDR2 from looking amazing. Also, the OG Xbox One didn't stop FH2 from looking amazing either.

Yep, this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Good. Other people can get extra value out of their consoles.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@thatdbfan said:

That line of thinking is cool if you're ok with just having current gen level games for another 7 years on your next gen system.

lol might as well just keep your OG xbox one or X and save $500 - $600.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThatDBFan

@boxrekt: There's a MASSIVE difference between the current console iterations and the old, and those games still look awesome. So I fail to see your point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

This notion of consoles holding back gaming is a fallacy especially with PC gaming being so scalable. Halo Infinite is also a PC game. Unless people actually believe that weak PCs are holding back gaming as whole then there is no valid concern.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@Pedro said:

This notion of consoles holding back gaming is a fallacy especially with PC gaming being so scalable. Halo Infinite is also a PC game. Unless people actually believe that weak PCs are holding back gaming as whole then there is no valid concern.

Indeed.

Even games like Crysis (which pc gamers cried about) were designed with scalability in mind as well as being future proofed.

Valve explicitly build there games with mid/low spec in mind. Same with Blizzard.

These censored the creme de la creme of pc game development.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoxRekt
@thatdbfan said:

@boxrekt: There's a MASSIVE difference between the current console iterations and the old, and those games still look awesome. So I fail to see your point.

Those games look great, but they are current gen games.

So, here's the question for you, why upgrade to Scarlet if you're only going to get current gen level games (from MS) only at 4k 60fps?

I'll say that you will get a benefit from next gen xbox hardware once multiplat devs fully adopt next gen development in 2 to 3 years, but from MS's end you may still be getting inferior experiences from your hardware by being shacked to OG Xbox One.

It's not really 3rd party you have to worry about, it's MS's first party games because of their no-gamer-left-behind policy.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

Scalable huh?

all the way from OG Xbox One? Ok

lol well at least it sounds good

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

why can't they just add in some basic graphic options so it can upscale to new gen?

I mean we have games like Battlefield on PC running and looking as good as anything will for the next five years or so, but new and old computers can run it no problem.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoxRekt
@mrbojangles25 said:

why can't they just add in some basic graphic options so it can upscale to new gen?

I mean we have games like Battlefield on PC running and looking as good as anything will for the next five years or so, but new and old computers can run it no problem.

It really depends on how much of a hit MS is willing to put on the OG Xbox One versions. But let's be real, there isn't much you're going to get out of First party next gen titles if you're still developing games around 2013 Jaguar cores.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I'm looking forward to the Ultra Master Chief Collection 4K On Scarlett.

It will contain specially enhanced 4K versions of the first three Halo games. Only on Scarlett. Sweet!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Witcher 3 can run on the switch so...

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ThatDBFan

@boxrekt said:
@thatdbfan said:

Those games look great, but they are current gen games.

So, here's the question for you, why upgrade to Scarlet if you're only going to get current gen level games (from MS) only at 4k 60fps?

I'll say that you will get a benefit from next gen xbox hardware once multiplat devs fully adopt next gen development in 2 to 3 years, but from MS's end you may still be getting inferior experiences from your hardware by being shacked to OG Xbox One.

It's not really 3rd party you have to worry about, it's MS's first party games because of their no-gamer-left-behind policy.

Well think about this. Many games are developed on PC, but they still look and run amazing on high end PCs. Not to mention not all PCs are the same. Most gaming PCs aren't that powerful, but the game still oooks amazing. I think with games like CoD WW2, RDR2, and FH2, it really shows that the game being on weaker and more powerful hardware at the same time doesn't mean the more powerful hardware will get bad treatment. It's all up to the Devs, if they wanna put in the effort to give the version on the more powerful hardware the better treatment. And thankfully, despite the criticism 343 gets in terms of writing and such, we can't deny that they are competent developers, and they do put effort into making beautiful, and well polished games. I mean, Halo 4 looked AMAZING on the 360, and Halo 5 looked amazing on the OG Xbox One.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ThatDBFan

@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

Scalable huh?

I honestly think those screenshots might have something to do with lighting and other things. Like, take these shots from later on in the Infinite trailer. Looks better/more detailed than the first.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

That's not how it works.

Game development and hardware has been standardized. Games are developed on high-end PCs and optimized for target hardware by tweaking settings.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

That would only be true if next gen consoles were maxed out at launch...which never happens.

Should we also assume ALL games are held back because of consoles?

This thread is nonsensical

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I think you underestimate the power of this generation of gaming.

Take Titanfall 1. It was on the 360 and One. Both were fine games with the X1 being far superior. I don’t think you’d find anyone playing the better version of the two thinking it was an inferior experience due to it having a previous generation port.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoxRekt
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

Scalable huh?

I honestly think those screenshots might have something to do with lighting and other things. Like, take these shots from later on in the Infinite trailer. Looks better/more detailed than the first.

Listen, Halo Infinite is a nice looking game if the real time in engine trailer is any indication.

But this honestly looks no better than any current gen AAA game on PS4 or xbox today.

Let's not pretend that MS wouldn't be running the footage on a super high end PC.

The reason why people were underwhelmed by what was shown isn't because it didn't look really nice, it's because it didn't look any better than the other great looking games we have today.

It's not the lighting it's the actual graphics man. We can only use our eyes to determine these things right?

Take a good look at the pictures that YOU presented to me, now take a look at a current gen AAA PS4 games in order from 2016, 2017 and 2018 by comparison:

Now take another look at those Halo Infinite shots and do some soul searching...

Do you not see why people would think MS's development philosophy is going to hold Halo Infinite back?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ThatDBFan

@boxrekt said:
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

Scalable huh?

Listen, Halo Infinite is a nice looking game if the real time in engine trailer is any indication.

But this honestly looks no better than any current gen AAA game on PS4 or xbox today.

Let's not pretend that MS wouldn't be running the footage on a super high end PC.

The reason why people were underwhelmed by what was shown isn't because it didn't look really nice, it's because it didn't look any better than the other great looking games we have today.

It's not the lighting it's the actual graphics man. We can only use our eyes to determine these things right?

Take a good look at the pictures that YOU presented to me, now take a look at a current gen AAA PS4 games in order from 2016, 2017 and 2018 by comparison:

Now take another look at those Halo Infinite shots and do some soul searching...

Do you not see why people would think MS's development philosophy is going to Halo Infinite back?

The shots I sent looks about on par with Uncharted.

HZD honestly looks less than either of them (still a great game tho)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

So, Halo Infinite looks like current gen but MS is secretly running it on a super high end machine. Next gen is going to jaw dropping but running on consoles. Something in those two ideas don't align.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThatDBFan

@Pedro said:

So, Halo Infinite looks like current gen but MS is secretly running it on a super high end machine. Next gen is going to jaw dropping but running on consoles. Something in those two ideas don't align.

Exactly.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

Why not?

Read the topic of this thread and it's pretty clear. What are you confused about?

You guys are the one's trying to convince yourselves that scaling will solve all the problems for a next gen console when the games are actually developed around the limitations of current gen consoles.

Let me make a simple example for you guys to grasp this.

Take NES's Super Mario Bros for example

Now you run that code on a high end PC and use all the "scaling" you want to try to "upgrade" it, do you think that "scaling" is going to make it look as good as a current gen game?

Yeah, I know that's an extreme example, but it's the same principal.

On the other hand, if you take that SAME high end PC and design a game specifically to take advantage of that hardware it will be light years apart.

It's all very simple.

It only doesn't align if you're in denial about the fault's your entire "scaling" argument for next gen games.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I’m sure they will be making the game for the lowest common denominator which is the Xbox one s. The One S will probably run on low settings and maybe at a 900p res while the others will have more detail and a higher res.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@boxrekt: I am willing to have a discussion when you are willing to be logical. I anticipate that will be never. :(

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

We seem to be forgetting that MS created a platform specifically for this situation. Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games like Halo Infinite will scale based on the hardware its running one. Scaling and adjusting performance won't be an issue.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15919 Posts

Learn from ps2 to 360/ps3. Ps2 vers is heavily downgraded and even some have different gameplay from gen 7.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

We seem to be forgetting that MS created a platform specifically for this situation. Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games like Halo Infinite will scale based on the hardware its running one. Scaling and adjusting performance won't be an issue.

It seems like a particular forumer is struggling with the concept of scaling and he is struggling really bad.

ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts

They didn't keep in mind the original Xbox when making Halo 3. They don't have to keep the current gen in mind because they're looking past it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Games overall are held back by consoles. PCs are much more powerful.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: I am willing to have a discussion when you are willing to be logical. I anticipate that will be never. :(

That's some world class deflection and denial.

Talk about double speak.

You say you're willing to have a discussion if I'm logical, yet after my easy to understand example explaining the flaw in your scaling argument, you say you anticipate that you'll never be willing to have a discussion?

I'll take that as an admission that you're unable to "logically" defend your scaling argument any further and would rather be enter the:

zone.

You only seem to care about defending your argument if you think you can win. You're not up to having an actual discussion if it means your argument gets destroyed.

If you can't "logically" defend your scaling narrative you don't want to talk anymore. Got it!

Glad you realize that your scaling argument is "logically" flawed now.