Halo 5 will not have Armor Abilities (aka fuck yes!!)

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Frank O'connor confirmed that Armor Abilities would not be making a return and that "Spartan Abilities" does not mean Armor Abilities but they are feature like being able to hijack vehicles.

"Not thrilled that armor abilities seem to be making a return."

Frank replies

"They aren't. The wording is confusing but it means. "features". Using h2 as an example, new features would have been dual wielding and boarding."

GREAT news, will have to buy x1 now. hopefully they bundle halo 5 with x1 slim aww yeahhhhhh

ps. **** u bungie

here is a vid that breaks down what was shown in the e3 beta trailer

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

and now im interested in halo 5.

that crap ruined halo reach's for me. i long for the halo 3 days were you knew everyone was on the same playing field and you didn't have to worry about "perks"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Cool story bro. What's this have to do with System Wars? Can ya'll not find enough people to talk to in the XBox section these days?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghostwarrior786

@Shewgenja said:

Cool story bro. What's this have to do with System Wars? Can ya'll not find enough people to talk to in the XBox section these days?

this news changes everything!!! halo is going to retake its rightful place as king of console multiplayer.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Lol.....it's okay to make multiple UC4 threads showing Drake's face though, right?

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

This is actually good fucking hated that shit

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Lol.....it's okay to make multiple UC4 threads showing Drake's face though, right?

That's not on me. Although, feel free to wake me up when an XBone game looks like it is worthy to hold UC4s balls. Do we have cloud power, yet?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

That's not on me. Although, feel free to wake me up when an XBone game looks like it is worthy to hold UC4s balls. Do we have cloud, yet?

In-engine balls not in-game balls

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

That's not on me. Although, feel free to wake me up when an XBone game looks like it is worthy to hold UC4s balls. Do we have cloud, yet?

Titanballs.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Titanballs.

Well this deteriorated quickly :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

They also got rid of loadouts.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Good news. This was the 2nd worst introduction to the halo series after dual wielding.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

True. I'm just making my contribution to the annually scheduled "We've got a game that redefines multiplayer FPS" lemming thread of imminent commercial floppage.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

jesus christ they must be really going back to the beginning.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

True. I'm just making my contribution to the annually scheduled "We've got a game that redefines multiplayer FPS" lemming thread of imminent commercial floppage.

Well to be fair Halo did hold that crown for some time....it could happen again.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Thank God. Hated the armor abilities. Just didn't feel like halo in halo 4 felt like halo wanting to be call of duty.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@freedomfreak said:

hopefully this means perks have gone as well also those prometheon weapons were garbage thye should be scrapped. im liking the sound of this so far, system seller

@silversix_ said:

Good news. This was the 2nd worst introduction to the halo series after dual wielding.

the what now? dual wielding is great, so fun. a good br player from mid range would always win in 1v1, dual wielding was only good at short distances, well at least for me

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@lawlessx said:

jesus christ they must be really going back to the beginning.

I bet they're just listening to fan feedback. Trying to make Halo great again.

Remember, this was a newly formed studio that had to fill in the shoes of Bungie. Halo is massive. People love it. People are critical about. It has a loyal following. It's fucking HALO, man.

Try pleasing them with your first new Halo installment. It's not easy.

I hope they will properly handle this franchise. Like, how they're keeping the original Halo 2 multiplayer. It all feels like they're trying to win back the fans they lost.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Great Halo can go back to being old, stale, and slow.

I'm excited for Halo 2 coming back as much as the next guy(love me some Halo 2, Halo 3 sucks cock), but it's a new lead on Halo. How about they go the extra mile and change things about Halo. Halo 4's issue wasn't that it changed too much, it didn't change enough. It tried to keep it Halo+make some add on changes, and all that shit comes in conflict with each other. So you piss off the purists and the people who want some change. Regardless seems like they went the "we'll just make more fucking Halo" direction. Which, whatever.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Terrible news. Just terrible. Halo 4 was the best one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jg4xchamp

@lawlessx said:

i long for the halo 3 days were you knew everyone was on the same playing field

Halo 4 this might be different, but Halo Reach it was still the case. You had access to all the same abilities/loadouts.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

What they need is way more weapons, no fighting covenant and new enemies. Also, how about you stop designing every map around the DMR/BR? Bump up the player count to 32, bigger maps and more big team objective based modes. They need to do something different. I dont want just more Halo, thats what the MC Collection is for.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

I like that music in the video.Is Marty still looking for a job?Halo needs Marty back.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Preordered.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@jg4xchamp said:

I'm excited for Halo 2 coming back as much as the next guy(love me some Halo 2, Halo 3 sucks cock), but it's a new lead on Halo. How about they go the extra mile and change things about Halo. Halo 4's issue wasn't that it changed too much, it didn't change enough. It tried to keep it Halo+make some add on changes, and all that shit comes in conflict with each other. So you piss off the purists and the people who want some change. Regardless seems like they went the "we'll just make more fucking Halo" direction. Which, whatever.

they are adding new stuff watch the vid i linked. halo 4 problem was balance, crap maps, lame new weapons (prometheoans) and the addition of bs like perks. also cant stress enough how bad the maps were, so bad in fact all i would play is big team slayer. catering to the cod players got them no where just look at this graph, the population declined quicker than any halo every has and this is only the first year . im guessing they didnt make no where near as much off the dlc packs hence the change back to basics.

@princessgomez92 said:

Terrible news. Just terrible. Halo 4 was the best one.

lol cod player. halo reach and 4 sucked ass

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghostwarrior786

@jg4xchamp said:

@lawlessx said:

i long for the halo 3 days were you knew everyone was on the same playing field

Halo 4 this might be different, but Halo Reach it was still the case. You had access to all the same abilities/loadouts.

halo reach was also shit, it marked the start of decline for the series. halo 3 was the last great halo game. if u are a fan of all these loadouts i suggest u give destiny a try when it releases because that is halo 4 on steds

@mems_1224 said:

What they need is way more weapons, no fighting covenant and new enemies. Also, how about you stop designing every map around the DMR/BR? Bump up the player count to 32, bigger maps and more big team objective based modes. They need to do something different. I dont want just more Halo, thats what the MC Collection is for.

halo 4 campaign was horrible because the new enemies were crap and the covenant are still there, they do need new enemies but i dont trust 343 to deliver on that front a lot of the talent left with bungie. 32 players isnt what halo is about at max 12 player in big team slayer but yes they do need more objective modes. they are adding new things check out that vid

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jg4xchamp

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

they are adding new stuff watch the vid i linked. halo 4 problem was balance, crap maps, lame new weapons (prometheoans) and the addition of bs like perks. also cant stress enough how bad the maps were, so bad in fact all i would play is big team slayer. catering to the cod players got them no where just look at this graph, the population declined quicker than any halo every has and this is only the first year . im guessing they didnt make no where near as much off the dlc packs hence the change back to basics.

lol cod player. halo reach and 4 sucked ass

Your preaching to the choir man, but balance in Halo has always been all over the place.

Let's be real even the glory days Halo 2's BR was well it was the BR, **** everything else lol. Especially because of BXR and stuff. The crap maps also aren't exclusive to just Halo 4, Halo 3 had shitty ass maps left, right, and center. Let's not act like Isolation wasn't a doo doo fest, or that Construct wasn't outright garbage, or that Narrows isn't one giant "This is Bungie's shitty spawn system with a spot light on it". And no fucking way on God's green earth can someone who honestly played Halo 2 at its height in popularity tell me for five seconds that Blackout wasn't a complete butt rape of everything that made Lockout fun in the first place. and Reach had dumb shit like Paradiso. I would argue the new weapons were a mixed bag, and less out right bad. The new shotgun was kind of nifty, Binary Rifle was op as ****, but you also got it rarely, the light rifle was lame as ****. Perks+Halo are lame. Perks in their own space in a game built around them would be fine.

Again, for people who just wanted them to make "another fucking Halo" good for them. It'll probably get them their MLG spot back(because hooray I guess). But the stuff I loved about Halo 2 was all the bullshit that came along with easily the best map roster in that series by the countriest of country miles. BXB, BXR, sky jumps, cancels. Fucking go the extra mile and make Halo crazy and fun again, custom games with those things was the shit. Halo Reach's custom games specifically were a ton of fun. Halo 3's less so, and Halo 4 that shit was straight neutered.

So yeah for anyone who wanted more? good for you guys I guess. But I don't want another Halo, as much as I'd like an actual progressive game from this series.

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

Hell yes.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#30 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

GREAT TO HEAR! I want equipment back like bubble shields ect

They better not make stupid ability that allows you hijack stuff and not let others do it... I would be ever more mad. Hopefully that was a completely example due to the fact they can't say nothing about halo 5

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

What about those stupid item balls? I don't remember if they were in reach and 4, but I hated them in 3.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

@Renegade_Fury said:

What about those stupid item balls? I don't remember if they were in reach and 4, but I hated them in 3.

Item balls? equipment? like regenerators/tripmines ?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Those things that generate giant shields or those that could eat yours if thrown nearby.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

I only hope they try to add new features that mixes well with the Arena gameplay while making sure they can balance eveything out to the best of their abilities. Overall, I am glad with the way 343 is moving forward.

aGuerillaUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By aGuerillaUnit
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

frank o connor is a fucking retard. Notice how he refers back to halo 2. what a fucking clown piece of shit. He has to a have an incredibly small IQ to ruin halo in the first place. How many games did he make until he got it right again? halo reach? halo 4? what a fucking MORON. He wasted bout 6 years of halo.

rememeber when they announced an update to bring back the 1 - 50 rank system in halo 4? yeah that was only AFTER call of duty started getting heavy into E-SPORTS. Frank o connor is an untalented piece of shit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jg4xchamp

@Renegade_Fury said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Those things that generate giant shields or those that could eat yours if thrown nearby.

So yeah equipment.

Bubble shields and...**** that electric shit(forgot the name). Yeah **** equipment. Armor Lock maybe super lame, but still would suffer that bullshit over equipment.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ghostwarrior786

@jg4xchamp said:

Your preaching to the choir man, but balance in Halo has always been all over the place.

Let's be real even the glory days Halo 2's BR was well it was the BR, **** everything else lol. Especially because of BXR and stuff. The crap maps also aren't exclusive to just Halo 4, Halo 3 had shitty ass maps left, right, and center. Let's not act like Isolation wasn't a doo doo fest, or that Construct wasn't outright garbage, or that Narrows isn't one giant "This is Bungie's shitty spawn system with a spot light on it". And no fucking way on God's green earth can someone who honestly played Halo 2 at its height in popularity tell me for five seconds that Blackout wasn't a complete butt rape of everything that made Lockout fun in the first place. and Reach had dumb shit like Paradiso. I would argue the new weapons were a mixed bag, and less out right bad. The new shotgun was kind of nifty, Binary Rifle was op as ****, but you also got it rarely, the light rifle was lame as ****. Perks+Halo are lame. Perks in their own space in a game built around them would be fine.

Again, for people who just wanted them to make "another fucking Halo" good for them. It'll probably get them their MLG spot back(because hooray I guess). But the stuff I loved about Halo 2 was all the bullshit that came along with easily the best map roster in that series by the countriest of country miles. BXB, BXR, sky jumps, cancels. Fucking go the extra mile and make Halo crazy and fun again, custom games with those things was the shit. Halo Reach's custom games specifically were a ton of fun. Halo 3's less so, and Halo 4 that shit was straight neutered.

So yeah for anyone who wanted more? good for you guys I guess. But I don't want another Halo, as much as I'd like an actual progressive game from this series.

yh br was pretty much the only gun i used ever but i enjoyed it so much i didnt care at all. construct was on of my fav maps i loved it, narrows not so much. reach and 4 have the worst maps ever because there are literally only 1-2 good maps in the entire game. the problem with promethean guns is they are not satisfying to shoot and dont do anything different, the defination of filler weapons imo.

i think the series is going to progress but they are going the more traditional arena shooter route which i welcome because we dont have any good arena shooters right now but have plenty of games like cod, hell even destiny could fill ur itch for a sequel to halo 4 multiplayer check out the alpha gameplay footage

Loading Video...

aGuerillaUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aGuerillaUnit

the bubble shield and power drainer took skill to use morons! in team objective you would plant the bubbleshield inside the entrance of the base so you could survive grenade attacks and rockets, it was fucking genius.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jg4xchamp

Yeah, but **** Bungie ;p

I agree I'd like a comeback for arena shooters. But in Halo's case? it was always a slower arena shooter. If anything it's time that series gets sped the **** up. Give this asshole masterchief boosters or some shit.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Spongebob and Patrick Laughing Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star Laughing

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghostwarrior786

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah, but **** Bungie ;p

I agree I'd like a comeback for arena shooters. But in Halo's case? it was always a slower arena shooter. If anything it's time that series gets sped the **** up. Give this asshole masterchief boosters or some shit.

yh this it could with, instead of perks and all that crap just increase the base movement speed + unlimited sprint (cant remember if halo 4 has this been long time since i played it)

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#42  Edited By vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Good. Now get rid of ordnance drops, perks and custom load outs.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I had no issue with armor abilities in Halo: Reach - but ordinances in Halo 4 were a travesty.

Regardless, I've plenty of time and games to keep me busy to even bother worrying over it at the moment. At E3 2015, I'll start revving the hype machine (343i has some work to do to win me back).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@aGuerillaUnit said:

frank o connor is a fucking retard. Notice how he refers back to halo 2. what a fucking clown piece of shit. He has to a have an incredibly small IQ to ruin halo in the first place. How many games did he make until he got it right again? halo reach? halo 4? what a fucking MORON. He wasted bout 6 years of halo.

rememeber when they announced an update to bring back the 1 - 50 rank system in halo 4? yeah that was only AFTER call of duty started getting heavy into E-SPORTS. Frank o connor is an untalented piece of shit.

I truly hope you're trolling. I'd be very melancholy to know someone like yourself exists in real life.

aGuerillaUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aGuerillaUnit

@clone01 said:

@aGuerillaUnit said:

I truly hope you're trolling. I'd be very melancholy to know someone like yourself exists in real life.

how? im 100% right, he fucked up halo and it took 2 games for him to admit he was wrong and go back to original roots.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@aGuerillaUnit said:

@clone01 said:

@aGuerillaUnit said:

how? im 100% right, he fucked up halo and it took 2 games for him to admit he was wrong and go back to original roots.

dude, it's just a game. Calm down

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

So yeah equipment.

Bubble shields and...**** that electric shit(forgot the name). Yeah **** equipment. Armor Lock maybe super lame, but still would suffer that bullshit over equipment.

Armor lock over equipment.

Lol, you're dumb.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@aGuerillaUnit said:

@clone01 said:

@aGuerillaUnit said:

Wow. Just, wow.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Being able to hijack vehicles is now a specific skill? that's bullshit.

also, they better not let people spawn with plasma pistols or grenades in this. Or get power weapons delivered to them from the sky.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Thank God!!!! Halo Reach and Halo 4 MP were Hooooooorrrrible because of the armor abilities and perk system! I sure hope that Halo 5 goes back to the original Halo formula for multiplayer. The armor abilities were cheap and stupid. I remember when all people complained about in Halo MP was the constant jumping people did. Reach ruined Halo MP for me with the cloaking, jet packs and other BS!!!