Halo 4 vs Uncharted 3 (which is the console graphics king)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

So I Figure in this bordom I would do a Graphics thread, system wars seems to clinge onto these like The Dr to Aliens,to make the screenshots original in the way they were taken all images are from http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1270337&start=20 and http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1232068&start=2420

amarectv201111111118103.jpg

iqJhYfYVzS1Js.jpg

amarectv201201022105164.jpg

iN24eNvIYF6vR.jpg

amarectv201201060844169.jpg

11uke12tojdf.jpg

10--31Palmer_Web.jpg

I know you cant compare them But it's system wars when was the last time we had some big insane non thinking graphics debate?.............with games not in the same genre, hell if we hate it lets change it to other graphical beasts of the systems, Oh who am I kidding we all no Halo 4 wins :D

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Halo 4 seems to look better. Haven't played either though.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Halo 4 looks miles better.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

It is subjective but I would take Uncharted 3 any day of the week, but I'm also a HUGE Uncharted fan.

In terms of graphics Uncharted wins but that is to be expected because it's a PS3 only game, and therfore the devs can take full advantage of the PS3's extra power.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Uncharted 3

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#7 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)TheDidact

You thought the story for Uncharted was disappointing? UC3 is easily the best in the series, it's more serious and Drake's motives are questioned. To me Uncharted wins in all those categories you mentioned.

But I'm an Uncharted fanboy so :P

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 worknow222
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)

I thought halo 4 had the best campaign of the series and story, but good post didact............Wait what?
FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

You thought the story for Uncharted was disappointing? UC3 is easily the best in the series, it's more serious and Drake's motives are questioned. To me Uncharted wins in all those categories you mentioned.

ShadowMoses900

It had a lot of undeveloped ideas and just didn't know what it wanted to be towards the end. It also had a ton of filler.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheDidact

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)ShadowMoses900

[spoiler] The ending is recycled from Uncharted 2 (Drake goes to save important character, fights through convoy/caravan, finds ancient city, fights monsters, fights antagonist, city destroyed, Drake barely makes it out) of course there was the use of hallucinations which was a smart but debatable idea. Marlowe was useless as a villain. Ramses was shoehorned in to showcase some sweet water levels. I liked Talbot but he was underdeveloped. Both Cutter and Chloe bail out (Cutter broke his leg but in real life their voice actors had other commitments). These are just a few things. [/spoiler]
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheDidact
[QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)

I thought halo 4 had the best campaign of the series and story, but good post didact............Wait what?

What? I never make good posts. :lol:
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 worknow222
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)

I was thinking more on the fact the didact would post on system wars arent you trying to kill us? :P
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Halo 4
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheDidact
[QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="worknow222"] I thought halo 4 had the best campaign of the series and story, but good post didact............Wait what?

I was thinking more on the fact the didact would post on system wars arent you trying to kill us? :P

I'm the Bornstellar Didact. :cool:
Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)TheDidact

Eh halo 4's co op is some of the blandest stuff I've ever played. I found UC3's co op to be crazy fun not to mention hoard mode with actual humans ( something Halo 4 removed) aswell as a villian CO OP campaign was fun. Graphics in this thread are definitly biased, worst vs best, and even then aside from the **** chloe screen it looks quite good.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Uncharted 3 by a country mile

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 worknow222
[QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]What? I never make good posts. :lol:TheDidact

oh good now get off your lazy A$$ and help out humanity instead of posting on some forum
Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

UC3 MP graphics are lacking. SP it beats Halo 4's SP, MP is a slight edge in Halo 4's favor, Split screen UC3 wins just for the sake that Halo 4's split screen is piss poor.uncharted-3-creepy-crawler-kickback.jpg

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worknow222

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)Maneil99

Eh halo 4's co op is some of the blandest stuff I've ever played. I found UC3's co op to be crazy fun not to mention hoard mode with actual humans ( something Halo 4 removed) aswell as a villian CO OP campaign was fun. Graphics in this thread are definitly biased, worst vs best, and even then aside from the **** chloe screen it looks quite good.

hey dont blame the messenger if you want to find more pics of both I gave links to them in the original post,
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheDidact

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)Maneil99

I just prefer the amount of content in Halo 4's co-op, especially co-op campaign. (plus co-op=4 players) It's not as good as Gears 3's co-op options but it's just something I prefer. It's basically up to one's own opinion.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Uncharted 3.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheDidact
[QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="worknow222"] I was thinking more on the fact the didact would post on system wars arent you trying to kill us? :P

oh good now get off your lazy A$$ and help out humanity instead of posting on some forum

JK IM THE UR-DIDACT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED!!!! I WILL NOW FLY AWAY ON MAH WAR SPHINX!!!!! SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI!!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Uncharted 3 is vastly better in the graphics department I'd say. There is so much more attention to detail as well.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)TheDidact

[spoiler] The ending is recycled from Uncharted 2 (Drake goes to save important character, fights through convoy/caravan, finds ancient city, fights monsters, fights antagonist, city destroyed, Drake barely makes it out) of course there was the use of hallucinations which was a smart but debatable idea. Marlowe was useless as a villain. Ramses was shoehorned in to showcase some sweet water levels. I liked Talbot but he was underdeveloped. Both Cutter and Chloe bail out (Cutter broke his leg but in real life their voice actors had other commitments). These are just a few things. [/spoiler]

About the last part.... [spoiler] I never actually knew that. They just got cut out because they had other things on? Wow. [/spoiler] Anyway, I'd say Halo 4 by a hair.
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

Halo 4CanYouDiglt

Cant give your two cents unless you played both games. We all know a blind Lem like you have never played UC3. Halo 4 looks fantastic though, but not up to par with UC3. TLOU spanks both though.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

platniumgamer

Is a mile two inches in your country?

I would give the very, very slight edge to Halo 4. You could argue either way.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Uncharted

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

To my eyes Halo 4 looks a little more polished graphically.

Not that either of these games are worth my time.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheDidact
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowsDemon

About the last part.... [spoiler] I never actually knew that. They just got cut out because they had other things on? Wow. [/spoiler] Anyway, I'd say Halo 4 by a hair.

[spoiler] I read it on GAF about a year ago. And Arnie from ND never denied it while posting in the same thread. The game was unfinished and ND admitted announcing the date a year in advance was a mistake and they had a horrible crunch time with U3. [/spoiler]
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 both look their best during their desert parts. IMO: Campaign: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 (not by a lot though) Multiplayer: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Co-op: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Soundtrack: Halo 4>Uncharted 3 Graphics: Uncharted 3>Halo 4 Story: Halo 4=Uncharted 3 (both are equally dissapointing)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][spoiler] The ending is recycled from Uncharted 2 (Drake goes to save important character, fights through convoy/caravan, finds ancient city, fights monsters, fights antagonist, city destroyed, Drake barely makes it out) of course there was the use of hallucinations which was a smart but debatable idea. Marlowe was useless as a villain. Ramses was shoehorned in to showcase some sweet water levels. I liked Talbot but he was underdeveloped. Both Cutter and Chloe bail out (Cutter broke his leg but in real life their voice actors had other commitments). These are just a few things. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I read it on GAF about a year ago. And Arnie from ND never denied it while posting in the same thread. The game was unfinished and ND admitted announcing the date a year in advance was a mistake and they had a horrible crunch time with U3. [/spoiler]

Wow...no wonder the last few chapters felt rushed.
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Fizzman

It would seem so, yes.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

platniumgamer

It would seem so, yes.

It depends on the ego of the guy who's saying it and what he's saying it about. ;)
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Both of them make me want to vomit.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowsDemon

Riadon2
Why would that be?
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

ShadowsDemon

Why would that be?

Low-res flat textures, jaggies galore, horrible LOD and pop-in, very low AF, 720p, massive bloom overuse, crawling shadows, etc.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Riadon2

Why would that be?

Low-res flat textures, jaggies galore, horrible LOD and pop-in, very low AF, 720p, massive bloom overuse, crawling shadows, etc.

720p doesn't make it bad. I've seen 720p games that look better than 1080p games.
FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Riadon2

Why would that be?

You must have some really supersensitive stomach then...

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Why would that be?ShadowsDemon

720p doesn't make it bad. I've seen 720p games that look better than 1080p games.

720p doesn't make a game bad, it just makes it blurry. You may have seen 720p games that beat 1080p games, but that is because of your viewing distance (or you aren't comparing games from similar release dates).

Plus, I play in 1440p, so imagine what 720p looks like on my monitor.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Why would that be?FireSpirit117

You must have some really supersensitive stomach then...

It was an exaggeration.

I do get a small headache, however, but that is moreso the framerate.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
why the bad uncharted pics? :/
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Riadon2

why the bad uncharted pics? :/campzor

Because it is a bad looking game.

Face it, the bullshots are innacurate.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#43 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Halo 4.

But the difference is hardly significant.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]why the bad uncharted pics? :/Riadon2

Because it is a bad looking game.

Face it, the bullshots are innacurate.

Baloney, it looks great in motion.

It just doesn't have much depth to it or anything interesting, it's Tomb Raider without the boobs.

Graphically it does look great while you're actually playing it but that's mostly the artwork not the hardware.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Halo 4NineTailedGoku

Cant give your two cents unless you played both games. We all know a blind Lem like you have never played UC3. Halo 4 looks fantastic though, but not up to par with UC3. TLOU spanks both though.

Actually I have played all 3 Uncharted games on my ps3 and yes Halo looks better imo. Since you are a blind cow though it is understandable why you try and dismiss anyone that does not say Sony is the best.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Halo 4.

But the difference is hardly significant.

The_Game21x
/thread
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Halo 4 has better graphics.

Though that ain't sayin' much.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 worknow222
why the bad uncharted pics? :/campzor
there not bad there from real gamers who have taken the pictures of the games they play no bullshots at all there all in game and can be trusted to an extent, I linked to the threads the pictures are from if you wish to find more and post them then go a head
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

From what I'm seeing Halo 4... The canyon scene also looks good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Halo 4NineTailedGoku

He said 1 word and 1 letter, did he really strike that big of a nerve?