GTA V Announced for PC/ Next Gen Consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: The question is will it be well optimized unlike GTA4

It's coming to more than just PC this time so I'd imagine so. Plus R* have gotten very good at PC ports in the last few years.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Does the PS4 support mods in games at all?? seeing what was achieved with GTA IV on the pc i'd love to see if something similar could be done with the PS4.

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts
@l34052 said:

Does the PS4 support mods in games at all?? seeing what was achieved with GTA IV on the pc i'd love to see if something similar could be done with the PS4.

Highly doubt it mate. Even if you can mod in a few things, you'll get banned online

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#154 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@seanmcloughlin: I'll admit MP3 was a really ballin port.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Not that I care for a mundane game such as GTA V, but now Console peasants must recognize the greatest that is PC.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC reigns supreme.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#158 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

So... what will the argument be now?

Literally the only argument i've seen from plebs was "Well we have GTA V. BEZT GAM EVAR."

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

What about Wii U? Wii U is next gen too...

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Finally we can play this game with 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings, mods etc.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

Finally we can play this game with 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings, mods etc. I hope now that rockstar do not charged more than $15 for this game, well if not, I will get it for $0.

so then you dont really want the game then?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 BldgIrsh

@MK-Professor said:

Finally we can play this game with 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings, mods etc. I hope now that rockstar do not charged more than $15 for this game, well if not, I will get it for $0.

This is the reason why we can't have nice things... stop feeding the trolls.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Oh man, I cannot wait for this! This announcement made my E3! Huge fan of the series, and I have a bit of a bad habit of buying up the different versions of GTA for different platforms...Probably going to get this for PC, and for my PS4 when I get one!

Really excited for this! Finally!!

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I just hope that the game performs well on my PC.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Can anyone even imagine what the ICEnhancer ( er, whatever it's called ) dev will do when he gets his hands on this?

Glorious is the word. Also, first person view mod, Iron man suit and more.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#167 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Just saw the new GTA5 trailer from the Xbox One dashboard(I think it's the same one as the first video in the OP), so it's coming to the X1 as well.....wow, big graphical upgrade, I'll have no choice but to get the game again. Most bugs would have been patched by now too so that is a nice bonus. All those customizable cars....damn..

The city in GTA5, the flying in particular, deserves to be experienced again in beautiful next gen graphics.....that game is worthy of a 2nd purchase....I want this city on my hard disc, accessible at any moment.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Kinda makes sense that a PC version wasn't addressed for quite a while. Seems natural that they'd release for the PC and next-gen consoles at the same time.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Motokid6 said:

Can anyone even imagine what the ICEnhancer ( er, whatever it's called ) dev will do when he gets his hands on this?

Glorious is the word. Also, first person view mod, Iron man suit and more.

There's a first-person view mod? Huh. That would get me interested.

It's hard for me to get immersed when I can see my character (as with most TPS games). But, first-person view would get my imagination going.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@MK-Professor:

Good luck after GTAIV. We will see.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#171  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

How does it taste, fanboys? To know that exactly what you have been fervently denying for months is happening? To know that you had no legitimate reason to be denying it in the first place, considering that this is the exact same pattern that's been established with the GTA series for more than a decade? How does it taste?

@Jebus213 said:

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By the_bi99man

@xhawk27 said:

Yeah but no Red Dead Redemption for you Hermits. Keep begging though. lol

Keep playing that one game for another four years. Also, why are you under the impression that we don't own or have access to consoles?

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's coming to more than just PC this time so I'd imagine so. Plus R* have gotten very good at PC ports in the last few years.

The next-gen/PC version are not ports, they begun full development on them in January 2013.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@kipsta77 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

The next-gen/PC version are not ports, they begun full development on them in January 2013.

So it's like MP3, then. Do you have source though? Just curious. Sounds fantastic either way.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 the_bi99man

So are the forums actually this dead these days, or did all the console fanboys just run away and refuse to talk about this news?

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

So are the forums actually this dead these days, or did all the console fanboys just run away and refuse to talk about this news?

This E3 was very underwhelming so I don't blame them

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#177 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I wonder what the recommended requirements are going to be..

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Not sure if people know this or not but you can transfer your saves from X360/PS3 to PC and consoles. Plus PC will get some exclusive stuff like video editor.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

So the new Steam page confirms that vanilla GTA V will be superior on PC.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

when they say 'new wildlife' do they mean, new to the game, or, do they mean completely new species that don't exist on earth?

i'm really hoping they've invented some new wildlife. Honestly, it's really fucking lazy to just copy the work done by charles darwin and god in a collaboration.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

They're probably looking for another game to use as leverage here at SW. GTA V was the big one I've seen being used for a while.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

I feel like gloating in this thread.. Practically everything i say always comes true.. I was right about the next gen hardware predictions.. I was right about watchdogs being a unoptimized mess weeks before it even released.. I was right about Gta 5 coming for pc at E3.. Im right at everything.. So its time to gloat LOL.. Listen to the oracle...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lunar1122 said:

I feel like gloating in this thread.. Practically everything i say always comes true.. I was right about the next gen hardware predictions.. I was right about watchdogs being a unoptimized mess weeks before it even released.. I was right about Gta 5 coming for pc at E3.. Im right at everything.. So its time to gloat LOL.. Listen to the oracle...

That's about as impressive a prediction as saying "Next year, I predict people will eat lunch"

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 lawlessx

@lunar1122 said:

you said "most likely"..that's not a prediction that's speculation.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

im predicting now that the game will be horribly optimized on pc and that people without a monster rig will be best off playing it on ps4.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

The oracle shall speak now...

Predictions for the future

1) Ps4 will continue to sell a lot, while xbox one will sell progressively worse as time goes on.They are in deep trouble.. This generation has a huge emphasis on graphical fidelity and resolution/frame rate.. Its only going to get worst for microsoft and customers will realize this. Sony will be the dominate console this generation..

2) a bigger looming problem for consoles however will be the master race domination.. More and more people will go to pc .. this will have an impact on console gaming.. While people think records are being broken now for most consoles bought since a launch frame. the max units sold isn't going to be anything near the records set by last gen ps3 /360/wii .. Pc is going to take a big piece of the pie

3) Steam boxes will flop utterly

4) Ouya will continue to be a flop

5)Oculus rift and sony VR will just be a fad.. those techs will not be the future.

6) Wii U will get a small sales boost for their upcoming games..But by all stretches of the imagination they will continue to be a failure.Less than gamecube total numbers will be sold (less than 20 million )

7)the next innovation for gaming will be stuff like what playstation is doing with the playstation Now and master race gaming.. Streaming triple A games to your shitty laptops/pcs/phones will be the defining feature of the upcoming next gen... They will still sell you a piece of hardware that you will need.. But it will be small and very cheap and come with a controller... Mainly subscription based gaming.

tune in next time for actual game floppage predictions

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lawlessx

@m3dude1 said:

im predicting now that the game will be horribly optimized on pc and that people without a monster rig will be best off playing it on ps4.

wishful thinking..i'd agree with you if max payne on the PC ran like crap.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By m3dude1

1) Ps4 will continue to sell a lot, while xbox one will sell progressively worse as time goes on.They are in deep trouble.. This generation has a huge emphasis on graphical fidelity and resolution/frame rate.. Its only going to get worst for microsoft and customers will realize this. Sony will be the dominate console this generation..

2) a bigger looming problem for consoles however will be the master race domination.. More and more people will go to pc .. this will have an impact on console gaming.. While people think records are being broken now for most consoles bought since a launch frame. the max units sold isn't going to be anything near the records set by last gen ps3 /360/wii .. Pc is going to take a big piece of the pie

5)Oculus rift and sony VR will just be a fad.. those techs will not be the future.

6) Wii U will get a small sales boost for their upcoming games..But by all stretches of the imagination they will continue to be a failure.Less than gamecube total numbers will be sold (less than 20 million )

7)the next innovation for gaming will be stuff like what playstation is doing with the playstation Now and master race gaming.. Streaming triple A games to your shitty laptops/pcs/phones will be the defining feature of the upcoming next gen... They will still sell you a piece of hardware that you will need.. But it will be small and very cheap and come with a controller... Mainly subscription based gaming.

disagree with number 2. pc software is still far too shitty compared to console software for this to happen. the masses arent going to support a platform where titles like bf4 and watch dogs are the standard rather than the exception.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

disagree with number 2. pc software is still far too shitty compared to console software for this to happen. the masses arent going to support a platform where titles like bf4 and watch dogs are the standard rather than the exception.

BF4 and Watchdog? Both of them were 900p on the ps4 and of course watchdog was supposed to be 1080p and 60fps

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 m3dude1

at least you can play watch dogs on ps4 with out horrendous constant stutter. bf4 is equally broken on ps4 but thats a 1 in 1000 case. broken buggy games like bf4 are the norm on pc.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 BldgIrsh

@m3dude1: Spoken like a true fanboy. Bet you haven't even played a PC game on an actual rig... The 500$ one GameSpot made was running on a higher graphic fidelity and still had 30 FPS. These "stutters" wouldn't have happened if they lowered the resolution to 900p and they would've been getting even more FPS... But, please keep speaking out of your ass because you are the professional.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

at least you can play watch dogs on ps4 with out horrendous constant stutter. bf4 is equally broken on ps4 but thats a 1 in 1000 case. broken buggy games like bf4 are the norm on pc.

1 in 1000? Yea like to see where you got that number from m3board and stutter? Its called tweaking your setting. There actually ways to fix it unlike console your stuck with it.

Sure 1080p going be norm for console right?

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

1 in 1000? Yea like to see where you got that number from m3board and stutter? Its called tweaking your setting. There actually ways to fix it unlike console your stuck with it.

Wonder ow common 900p tv are.....

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1: just stop... Lol

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

Extremely excited for GTA V. May favorite game of last gen.... now current gen LOL

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By m3dude1

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

actually the ps4 version runs virtually stutter free, not like the mess that is the pc version

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-face-off

"Politics aside, what's very clear is that those pursuing 60fps gameplay are facing a challenge. Texture management seems to be the major culprit - streaming ultra-level assets into and out of RAM simply doesn't happen fast enough, resulting in noticeable stutter. It's not a RAM issue based on our testing - we replaced a 3GB GTX 780 Ti with a 6GB GTX Titan, producing the exact same result. Only by lowering texture quality from ultra to high did we improve matters, and even then the stutter wasn't completely eliminated. We also factored out graphical quality presets too by dropping down to medium settings - and yet still we saw dips in overall performance. Additionally, we were running the game from SSD on a SATA3 connection.

Swapping in an equivalent AMD card - the 4GB Radeon R9 290X - produced frankly shocking results. With v-sync engaged, ultra settings at both of the top-end texture settings produced an experience that could rarely exceed 30fps. Only by dropping down to medium could we break the 33ms render-time limit consistently, and even then, the stuttering mess we saw as a result simply wasn't worth the effort. Frame-rates would rise with v-sync turned off of course, but even then, benchmarks published elsewhere suggest a game that simply isn't optimised effectively for AMD hardware."

i can confirm with my 780ti it isnt a vram issue as with every setting at low the stutter is still there, altho not as bad. threads all over the internet about this issue. the game isnt playable if you ever plan to get into a car.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

actually the ps4 version runs virtually stutter free, not like the mess that is the pc version

"Politics aside, what's very clear is that those pursuing 60fps gameplay are facing a challenge. Texture management seems to be the major culprit - streaming ultra-level assets into and out of RAM simply doesn't happen fast enough, resulting in noticeable stutter. It's not a RAM issue based on our testing - we replaced a 3GB GTX 780 Ti with a 6GB GTX Titan, producing the exact same result. Only by lowering texture quality from ultra to high did we improve matters, and even then the stutter wasn't completely eliminated. We also factored out graphical quality presets too by dropping down to medium settings - and yet still we saw dips in overall performance. Additionally, we were running the game from SSD on a SATA3 connection.

Swapping in an equivalent AMD card - the 4GB Radeon R9 290X - produced frankly shocking results. With v-sync engaged, ultra settings at both of the top-end texture settings produced an experience that could rarely exceed 30fps. Only by dropping down to medium could we break the 33ms render-time limit consistently, and even then, the stuttering mess we saw as a result simply wasn't worth the effort. Frame-rates would rise with v-sync turned off of course, but even then, benchmarks published elsewhere suggest a game that simply isn't optimised effectively for AMD hardware."

i can confirm with my 780ti it isnt a vram issue as with every setting at low the stutter is still there, altho not as bad. threads all over the internet about this issue. the game isnt playable if you ever plan to get into a car.

So Still runs better than the ps4 at 900p? I'm sure if they steep the setting as low as the ps4 level there wouldn't be much of a problem. Not sure how many gamer would want to play at 900p on the pc.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#198 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

I'm not getting any stuttering in Watch Dogs..

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By m3dude1

@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

So Still runs better than the ps4 at 900p? I'm sure if they steep the setting as low as the ps4 level there wouldn't be much of a problem. Not sure how many gamer would want to play at 900p on the pc.

i dont consider having a higher res and a higher framerate better when it constantly stutters and has half second freezes and massive inconsistencies in frame times due to these stutters. even locking the framerate at 30 it still stutters when driving. typical pc software.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 BldgIrsh

@m3dude1 said:

@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

i dont consider having a higher res and a higher framerate better when it constantly stutters and has half second freezes and massive inconsistencies in frame times due to these stutters. even locking the framerate at 30 it still stutters when driving. typical pc software.

Which PC gamer is suffering from these horrendous stutters? I'm playing the game at high/ultra mixture and have already completed the game with no stutter... The stutter begins when people with lower specs tries to play the game on fully maxed out graphics. Settings fix stutter. And watch dogs on ps4 is still 900p... lol