GTA 4 Time Exclusive on 360.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts

Take Two's metting was today, MS has an announcement tonight, GTA 4 count down clock is on Xbox.com. The trailer happens to come right after the news tonight.

Sony has yet to talk about GTA 4 other than saying Rockstar is on board PS3.

It's all clear now that GTA 4 is 360 time exclusive.  i'd say 6 months.

You heard it here first. will this efffect the console war? 

Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
You've made predictions like this before.... and failed....
SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
Its not a timed exclusive...it'll come out for the Ps3 and 360 at the same time.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
how can it be a Timed Exclusive if its already been announced for the PS3.....
luzer7072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 luzer7072
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts
don't know, but it might affect the console war.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts

Take Two's metting was today, MS has an announcement tonight, GTA 4 count down clock is on Xbox.com. The trailer happens to come right after the news tonight.

Sony has yet to talk about GTA 4 other than saying Rockstar is on board PS3.

It's all clear now that GTA 4 is 360 time exclusive.  i'd say 6 months.

You heard it here first. will this efffect the console war? 

HeHateMe_basic
The trailer doesn't air until 5:00pm est tomorrow. Where are you getting your info?
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HeHateMe_basic

You've made predictions like this before.... and failed....FrenziedRaldo24

It's a sure thing 

afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts
LINK?
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
I don't believe you....
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HeHateMe_basic

how can it be a Timed Exclusive if its already been announced for the PS3.....cobrax25

lots of games last gen was like that.  Splinter Cell ring a bell? 

Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
Let's play the crystal ball game.
GTA4 exclusive for ps3. PS3 buys take 2. Bioshock is exclusive for ps3. Xbox 360 fails and sells 1 console in the next year.
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sdifjds
Member since 2003 • 1088 Posts
You want to know what your going to get at your so called 'big' announcement? New Halo 3 information.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.
Avatar image for blackpretttyboy
blackpretttyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackpretttyboy
Member since 2006 • 1275 Posts
not going to happen but if it did . it would be a hugh blow to sony
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HeHateMe_basic

You want to know what your going to get at your so called 'big' announcement? New Halo 3 information.sdifjds

Teamxbox staff said it's not about Halo 3. 

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
Yeah right.... and Duke Nukem Forever will be released soon :lol:
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting GTA4 a couple months later with massive improvements :D
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HeHateMe_basic

They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Not-A-Stalker

Vice City for ps2  was being made along side the xbox version but Sony got it time exclusive so the xbox version was put on the back burner. 

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Let's play the crystal ball game.
GTA4 exclusive for ps3. PS3 buys take 2. Bioshock is exclusive for ps3. Xbox 360 fails and sells 1 console in the next year.nextgengaming18

OH! I love this game!

And the Wii will be getting GTA4 as well! Actually, thats not much of a prediction since everybody knew that already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
Yeah right.... and Duke Nukem Forever will be released soon :lol:Timesplitter14
OMG THAT IS TEH BIG ANNOUCEMENT! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER HAS A RELEASE DATE!
JErmaine_XxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JErmaine_XxX
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
it will definitely affect the Console sales in USA/europe if it turns to be real!
MC2K8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MC2K8
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
Eventually it'll be on PC, anyway.
JErmaine_XxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JErmaine_XxX
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting GTA4 a couple months later with massive improvements :DMe_Ur_Daddy_
sure it may be a port though :D
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Me_Ur_Daddy_

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.HeHateMe_basic

Vice City for ps2  was being made along side the xbox version but Sony got it time exclusive so the xbox version was put on the back burner. 

wow how many lies you have to make up in one day kid ? i dont think god is very fond of you :?
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
We shall see but those claims could get you own.
skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
Can someone shed light on this "Microsoft announcement" that is scheduled for today? Who says there will be one?
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]i wouldnt mind getting GTA4 a couple months later with massive improvements :DJErmaine_XxX
sure it may be a port though :D

just because uits released later doesnt make it a port, they been working on ps3 for years, barely started making the 360 one last year so no matta what 360 will always have the inferior port.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pins_basic
it will definitely affect the Console sales in USA/europe if it turns to be real! JErmaine_XxX
Yup, and it would probably get FF on the console do to the huge success it would have over the PS3 in those two markets.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Me_Ur_Daddy_

Vice City for ps2 was being made along side the xbox version but Sony got it time exclusive so the xbox version was put on the back burner.

wow how many lies you have to make up in one day kid ? i dont think god is very fond of you :?

Buu..buu. teh truth?! :cry:
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="JErmaine_XxX"]it will definitely affect the Console sales in USA/europe if it turns to be real! pins_basic
Yup, and it would probably get FF on the console do to the huge success it would have over the PS3 in those two markets.

wtf lol FF is a japanese game and last time i checked 360 is doin wors than xbox1 was over there lol. and sony already said they are planning on buying the exclusive license for it and MGS4, thanks to the fiasco and fuss made about DMC4, cows shoould thank the lemmings :D
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Not-A-Stalker

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.HeHateMe_basic

Vice City for ps2 was being made along side the xbox version but Sony got it time exclusive so the xbox version was put on the back burner.

Now ya see, that WOULD make sense if there ever was a GTA:Vice City game for the Xbox. O WATE, IT DON'T EXIST.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Its not a timed exclusive...it'll come out for the Ps3 and 360 at the same time.SoulKillah
Might not. Not if there's a "major" announcement coming tonight.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Me_Ur_Daddy_

There is some truth to that. GTA Vice City was complete for Xbox long before the release on Xbox. I don't know if it was developed concurrently.
arm9218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 arm9218
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
u fail, they announced releasing simultaneously
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.duncanvk

if it was true it wouldve came out the same time, sony didnt buy exclusive licenses back then they didnt have to, was late cus xbox sucked and most GTA fans were with sony. you have been self-o-o-o-o-o-o-owned BABEEEE !!1!!!! :cry::cry::cry: :lol:
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Not-A-Stalker

Now ya see, that WOULD make sense if there ever was a GTA:Vice City game for the Xbox. O WATE, IT DON'T EXIST.

yeah it was only released when the pack came out huh ? i forgot about that lol
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Ok buddy. Ok.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Not-A-Stalker

Yes. Both GTA 3 and Vice City were on Xbox. Link:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/grandtheftautodoublepack/default.htm
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pins_basic
[QUOTE="pins_basic"][QUOTE="JErmaine_XxX"]it will definitely affect the Console sales in USA/europe if it turns to be real! Me_Ur_Daddy_

wtf lol FF is a japanese game and last time i checked 360 is doin wors than xbox1 was over there lol. and sony already said they are planning on buying the exclusive license for it and MGS4, thanks to the fiasco and fuss made about DMC4, cows shoould thank the lemmings :D

With GTA and Halo, the 360 would slaughter the PS3 in sales and it's success should convince SE to put FF on the console. Which they might be thinking of doing anyways with the recent news of Sony having to have discussions with them about the exclusivity of a game that was already announced exclusive to their console.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="SoulKillah"]Its not a timed exclusive...it'll come out for the Ps3 and 360 at the same time.Dreams-Visions
Might not. Not if there's a "major" announcement coming tonight.

It might not come to xbox 360. It might not come to ps3. I don't understand anything on this board. They both could afford buying out rockstar. It's value worth isn't that high.
Dr_Drooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dr_Drooom
Member since 2004 • 12640 Posts
Sony can't handle anymore bad news.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Not-A-Stalker
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.Berserker_2

Yes. Both GTA 3 and Vice City were on Xbox. Link:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/grandtheftautodoublepack/default.htm

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about that :lol: I've been owned :( But still. You're getting your hopes up. It won't happen.
CFFAguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CFFAguy
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
What if the gta 4 is bigger then 10 gigs?If it is maby M$ will offer the game with the xbox 1337 on the HDD and thats why 1337 will have 120 gigs of space.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pins_basic
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

if it was true it wouldve came out the same time, sony didnt buy exclusive licenses back then they didnt have to, was late cus xbox sucked and most GTA fans were with sony. you have been self-o-o-o-o-o-o-owned BABEEEE !!1!!!! :cry::cry::cry: :lol:

You don't know what you are talking about. Sony did pay them off for exclusivity, it's a well known fact.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="pins_basic"][QUOTE="JErmaine_XxX"]it will definitely affect the Console sales in USA/europe if it turns to be real! pins_basic

With GTA and Halo, the 360 would slaughter the PS3 in sales and it's success should convince SE to put FF on the console. Which they might be thinking of doing anyways with the recent news of Sony having to have discussions with them about the exclusivity of a game that was already announced exclusive to their console.

they are talking about it cus of the DMC4 thing can you not comprehend ? it had nothing to do with squeenix having doubts. look how bad FF11 did :lol:
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]They've both been in development for the same amount of time and the release dates are set for both consoles... I doubt if there was any kind of timed exclusivity, it would way less than 6 months. :| Don't don't get your hopes up.pins_basic

You don't know what you are talking about. Sony did pay them off for exclusivity, it's a well known fact.

wheres the proof, the link ? another lemming self-owned :lol: they didnt have to buy it last year, if they did then buying the exclusive for GTA4 wouldnt have been an issue and it would only be on ps3 right now. what about GTASA ? yeah more ownage kid lol
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
What if the gta 4 is bigger then 10 gigs?If it is maby M$ will offer the game with the xbox 1337 on the HDD and thats why 1337 will have 120 gigs of space.****
why would rockstar make the game bigger then 9 gigs if they know it needs to fit on an DVD9? the game isn't a ps3 port..remember that
McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 McCool69
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

Actually delaying the PS3 version makes perfect sense from Rockstar's point of view.

There will be nowhere near the number of PS3's on the market in October that they believed when they announced the shipping date more than half a year ago. The number of consoles sold of course makes an enormous impact on the number of potential games sold. Rockstar runs a business; it's not their job to 'sponsor' Sony by releasing a system-selling game when they clearly can make much more money by delaying the release 4-6 months or more.

My bet is that they really don't want to launch the game until there's at least 10 million PS3's sold, which in effect makes GTA4 a 360-exclusive until 2008.

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="****"]What if the gta 4 is bigger then 10 gigs?If it is maby M$ will offer the game with the xbox 1337 on the HDD and thats why 1337 will have 120 gigs of space.lawlessx
why would rockstar make the game bigger then 9 gigs if they know it needs to fit on an DVD9? the game isn't a ps3 port..remember that

it is a ps3 port thats the point they been workin on the ps3 version for years, theres nothing wrong with multiple discs doesnt blue dragon have like 3 or 4 ?