deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Wow, thought they would do the opposite. Back to PS3 era arrogance and greed.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/452951/gran-turismo-7s-latest-patch-reduces-in-game-currency-payout-for-several-races/

Mods can delete if already covered.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

In our day and age, lets see for how long they survive being greedy. If youtubers and the social media begins pooping on them, i don't think they want to be the next EA/Activision.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

All these major sites giving GT7 a free pass and stuff like this unacceptable! It is quite annoying to not be able to do anything in the game while the servers are down too! If I own a PS5 and ended up getting GT7, I'd ask for a refund. Shame as I hope Polyphony Digital would get its act together.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I regret getting this…

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@davillain: The problem is the MTX didn't go live until release so that the press couldn't cover it.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

On principle, I wouldn't buy it. Sony is crap with Ryan at the helm, and will probably skip PS5 this gen if this shit continues.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

I play on PC mostly, use gamepass on there a decent amount last 6 months.

Just picked up a series X today, just set it up. Currently downloading Forza 5 and Halo Infinite (I can just carry on my progress from PC)

Downloading Tunic since it's getting good reviews.

Gamepass ultimate is 15 bucks a month.. and it applies not only to my PC but my living room console as well now.. And alot of the games I can carry my progress between the 2 platforms.

I'm glad I didn't buy a PS5. Instead of playing Forza 5 for $15 bucks on both my PC and Xbox. I'd pay $70 to play GT7 on PS5 and then get greased by MTX credits. Just saying.

That awesome. That's consumer friendly. It's also just convienent. Microsoft is being more consumer friendly than Sony.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I never bothered to watch any reviews as these games never interest me but I saw this and was like damn this looks awful, not even talking about aggressive and greedy monetization either the game just looks like poo...

Loading Video...

...funny enough Sony must have known the monetization schemes were going to be an issue so they only gave full access to the vetted trusted reviewers they knew were safe and gave the others a slightly scaled down version of the game features so their reviews wouldn't be impacted with knowledge that aggressive microtransactions would be present in the game.

But that aside, I expected this game to be some kind of tech demo for PS5... he's right, it looks like a upscaled PS3 game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen  Online

Good video from review tech. I didn't knew that the large majority of cars in the game are pre 2017. You look at this, and it would make perfect sense for this to have been a ps4 title that they decided to delay, up res for the ps5 and release it way after it should've been released.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I thought Reviewtechusa GT7 review was crap. They say there are no scratches on the cars after an accident but there are small dents and scratches on the cars. Yeah, crap review. The game also looks pretty good to me. After seeing that I didn’t even watch the rest of the review.

I like to grind and I’m not a self entitled baby, for the most part, so I like the game. I haven’t cashed my free Million I got with the Anniversary edition

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

I think gamers are to blame for the anti-consumer nonsense we are seeing in the last several years. We need to admit this inconvient truth even if I do not condone attacking the preferences or tastes of gamers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen  Online

Nice graphics btw

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 strategyfn

@hardwenzen said:

You look at this, and it would make perfect sense for this to have been a ps4 title that they decided to delay, up res for the ps5 and release it way after it should've been released.

I’m pretty sure that’s a menu or loading pic. My take is maybe the guy in charge of Gran Turismo is losing his touch, he must be going on 60 now.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By strategyfn
@hardwenzen said:

Nice graphics btw

That’s music mode, the game might look better in other modes, not sure. Pics don’t do the game justice, that is a bad choice of pics anyway and shows the game at its not best. Dynamic weather and time is nice, although the weather repeats on every same track or maybe it’s repeating in every same tournament you replay.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@strategyfn said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nice graphics btw

That’s music mode, the game might look better in other modes, not sure. Pics don’t do the game justice, that is a bad choice of pics anyway and shows the game at its not best. Dynamic weather and time is nice, although the weather repeats on every track.

It doesn't matter what mode this is. Look at the damn environment. Its straight up VERY early ps4 or even late ps3 visuals, but in higher resolution. This is not 9th gen environment, especially for a racing game.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 strategyfn

Well music mode is just a garbage after thought mode anyway, so yes it matters what mode you are playing. Like I said a bad pic and pics don’t do the game justice.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 strategyfn

It looks better than GT Sport and that is all I could ask for.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SargentD

@hardwenzen: GT7 looks like shit. I'm sure it scratches the itch for sim racer fans, but it looks like shit

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: GT7 looks like shit. I'm sure it scratches the itch for sim racer fans, but it looks like shit

It really does. We finally have competition for Infinite😎

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SargentD

@hardwenzen: nah GT7 make halo Infinite look amazing. Atleast Halo has the whole fictional sci fi stuff working in it's favor with the art style.

GT7 is a "realistic" sim racer that looks bad. That's messed up.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD

Forza Mortorsport 7 looks better than GT7 and came out 5 years ago.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: nah GT7 make halo Infinite look amazing. Atleast Halo has the whole fictional sci fi stuff working in it's favor with the art style.

GT7 is a "realistic" sim racer that looks bad. That's messed up.

Calm down. I don't want to be posting Infinite pics to prove how wrong you're. They're both incredibly ugly games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#23 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I am glad that I didn't buy it. These greedy practices have to end. This is not supposed be like F2P trash. I do not want to needlessly grind either. I can play other racing games where I have access to the cars right away. Sony fucked up.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@hardwenzen: you can post pics of infinite idc it looks better than GT7.

Atleast Halo is sci fi and open world, it's art style is atleast enjoyable. this is supposed to be a "simulation" racer.. a realistic racer... there is no world in GT7, it's linear races. They should look really good on new hardware. But it looks like PS3.

I know you don't like halo inf but GT7 is worse. How you going to have aged looking environments like that in a linear sim racer.. especially your flagship racing ip

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: you can post pics of infinite idc it looks better than GT7.

Atleast Halo is sci fi and open world, it's art style is atleast enjoyable. this is supposed to be a "simulation" racer.. a realistic racer... there is no world in GT7, it's linear races. They should look really good on new hardware. But it looks like PS3.

I know you don't like halo inf but GT7 is worse. How you going to have aged looking environments like that in a linear sim racer.. especially your flagship racing ip

What good is that open world when it looks like a launch Xbone game in 4k? And it has nothing to do with me not liking infinite. I don't like racing games either. Infinite is a really bad looking title, launched unfinished and the live service part of the game is non existent. At least GT7 launched as a full game with a load of content.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Cows can't catch a break. The game is a flop so Sony the scumbags trying to milk every scrap they can from it. Last Gen graphics is laughable. No wonder Xbox is smashing PS5 on all fronts, PS5 is the joke of the Gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

Wasn't this game that would leave FH5 in the dust?🤔

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 299 Posts

I’m sooooo glad I never opened this game.

Holy hell this is ridiculous. I’ve had my preordered locked, finally went to go pick the game up like a few days ago and purposely didn’t open the game just to be a bit more patient and see how the game gets handled by Polyphony and I see the game being down because let’s make it only online to play single-player because that’s a genius idea and on top of this; they reduce the credits, some even by 50% 😂😂😂

That’s just fucking rich. I’m heading tomorrow to return my copy and use the credits for a Steam card.

I know Gran Turismo 7 was part of the Nvidia GeForce leak so maybe when the game gets ported to PC it’ll have a better reception with upgraded visuals; if not, I’m just going to look forward to Forza Motorsports 8 and stick with Forza Horizon 5 to scratch my racing itch. Maybe, I’ll look into Grid Legends

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

This always happens a week after release, after reviewers have given out their 9s and their 10s

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BassMan
@R4gn4r0k said:

This always happens a week after release, after reviewers have given out their 9s and their 10s

Yeah, I think it is safe to say most reviewers can't be trusted. Especially the big publications. Too many behind the scenes deals and incentives going on. I would much rather see an independent review from a Youtuber who has no bias, is critical and honest about the game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

I'm glad you found something that reinforces your negative perceptions of the game. Thanks.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, I think it is safe to say most reviewers can't be trusted. Especially the big publications. Too many behind the scenes deals and incentives going on. I would much rather see an independent review from a Youtuber who has no bias, is critical and honest about the game.

It happened to SSDs too:

They send their SSD up for review, and then some months or a half year later they switch up to inferior parts or an inferior controller and you're never getting the speeds that were once promised anymore.

(There's a really interesting investigative article on this, and if you want I can link it to you.)

That's because reviews last forever.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

They're not known worldwide as Phony, the one and only for nuttin ya know. :P

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows will defend this.

It's hard to complain with a mouthful of Sony shlong 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12954 Posts

@strategyfn: music mode is the same graphics as world map. Just stop.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BassMan

@simple-facts said:

Cows will defend this.

It's hard to complain with a mouthful of Sony shlong 🤣

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

They're not known worldwide as Phony, the one and only for nuttin ya know. :P

When's your XseX arriving?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k:

Scheduled to arrive Thursday, the 31st. :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Very cool man, what are the first games you're gonna try on it?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Very cool man, what are the first games you're gonna try on it?

I'm not sure tbh. I think the biggest difference I'll notice and love is the SSD fast load times.

Although the X1X does 4K I'm still sporting my 65" 1080P TV and been putting off for a few years now on getting a 4K TV but now having the XSX I will certainly have one by holidays 2022 if not much sooner.

One thing's for certain, I'm going to get a much bigger bang for my buck than had I purchased a 65" 4K TV three years ago. ;)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

GS 5/10 would have been generous for this turd. Fake news, fake reviews, fake awards. Fake off. lol :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-has-been-offline-and-unplayable-for-more-than-a-day/1100-6501659/

Gran Turismo 7 Has Been Offline And Unplayable For More Than A Day

An issue found in Gran Turismo 7's latest patch has taken the game offline since March 17.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

I'm not sure tbh. I think the biggest difference I'll notice and love is the SSD fast load times.

Although the X1X does 4K I'm still sporting my 65" 1080P TV and been putting off for a few years now on getting a 4K TV but now having the XSX I will certainly have one by holidays 2022 if not much sooner.

One thing's for certain, I'm going to get a much bigger bang for my buck than had I purchased a 65" 4K TV three years ago. ;)

Oh in that sense I would definitely stick to performance mode in games over fidelity mode.

For example in GTA V and Forza Horizon 5: you can do performance mode and enjoy 60fps as well as a downscaled 1440p resolution which should look great on a 1080p screen.

Then once you get the 4K TV you can try out fidelity mode and be wowed again :D

If you're still looking out for what to buy: I'd recommend a 65" OLED TV, for the best gaming experience.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

Oh in that sense I would definitely stick to performance mode in games over fidelity mode.

For example in GTA V and Forza Horizon 5: you can do performance mode and enjoy 60fps as well as a downscaled 1440p resolution which should look great on a 1080p screen.

Then once you get the 4K TV you can try out fidelity mode and be wowed again :D

If you're still looking out for what to buy: I'd recommend a 65" OLED TV, for the best gaming experience.

I've had this on my watchlist for a pretty long while now and maybe if I see an even further price drop on it I may pull the trigger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334216692089?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What you think?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@davillain said:

All these major sites giving GT7 a free pass and stuff like this unacceptable! It is quite annoying to not be able to do anything in the game while the servers are down too! If I own a PS5 and ended up getting GT7, I'd ask for a refund. Shame as I hope Polyphony Digital would get its act together.

They basically did a bait-n-switch with reviewers though, making the game worse after all of the positive reviews.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

I've had this on my watchlist for a pretty long while now and maybe if I see an even further price drop on it I may pull the trigger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334216692089?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What you think?

Yup, that's the one!

The great thing about these TVs is that they have HDM2.1 and the Xbox Series X supports it too: so you'll get stuff like VRR, but also Dolby Vision, ... just loads of cool new tools :)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KvallyX
@SecretPolice said:

GS 5/10 would have been generous for this turd. Fake news, fake reviews, fake awards. Fake off. lol :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-has-been-offline-and-unplayable-for-more-than-a-day/1100-6501659/

Gran Turismo 7 Has Been Offline And Unplayable For More Than A Day

An issue found in Gran Turismo 7's latest patch has taken the game offline since March 17.

Patch 1.08 came out today, but it doesn't fix it. It's now over 29 hours that we haven't been able to play.

They better reimburse us in in-game credits at the least. A few million credits added to each bank account MINIMUM. Especially with the predatory MTX.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KvallyX

RaZoR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RaZoR500
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

I'm glad Sony are getting shat on for this. They got too comfortable riding on the success of the PS4

Hoping this will push them in the right direction

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k

@x_hedon:

Wow, that is some serious self-ownage by Sony

KvallyX