Gran Turismo 6's Metacritic score. No bueno.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51 ConorHat
Member since 2013 • 141 Posts

I gave up on this crap after GT5 Prologue. F*** Polyphony Digital and their game.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#52 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

100$ micro transactions Sony can %^*$ right off with GT6 and any other game with such stupidity.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Of course, it's all symptomatic of a greater veering towards casualisation of racing sims caused by generally stupid games reviewers who need things fed to them. Case in point: the Venture Beat review.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Cubs360 said:

How many years did this game take to make? Turn 10 is the much better studio now.

I think after what i've been hearing through podcasts and reading.

It seems Turn 10 has hit its wall with Forza 5. Though there's not a doubt the game is actually good and tight, but the fact it's just starting to hit its wall.

And Gran Turismo needs to take a step back and go to the drawing board.

Also I don't know why people are going lol Microtransactions. Forza has it to.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You might as well chalk this score up to GT7 for the PS4 as well. Its only going to be this game ported and polished.

And it'll still be better than Flopza Microtransactions 4.5.

"Bu bu but muh drivertards!!!"

You say that, but everyones saying how bad the ai is on GT6.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

A 75 isn't bad, but it's definitely proof that PD hasn't addressed the major concerns of the series. More cars are useless if the game isn't fun to play and is bogged down with bad AI and really terrible menus.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#57  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Cubs360 said:

How many years did this game take to make? Turn 10 is the much better studio now.

It seems Turn 10 has hit its wall with Forza 5. Though there's not a doubt the game is actually good and tight, but the fact it's just starting to hit its wall.

I agree that Forza is hitting its wall. That's what happens when any franchise is so intensely milked without much in the way of big changes (and I suspect MS's weak first party is the reason that Forza has to be milked so bad). Still, the way in which Forza is hitting its wall is much preferable to what has happened to the Gran Turismo franchise.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#58 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Forza had been better then GT since the First one launched on the original xbox. Unfortunately pd can't get with the times. Personally I'm not a fan of sim racers anymore, but I didn't expect anything more from gt6 or Forza 5. GT is stuck in the past and Forza took huge steps backwards with 6. Oh well we still have nfs rivals etc.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Not a surprise, GT5 was also a terrible game. I still can't believe I wasted 30$ on that piece of crap.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Cubs360 said:

I agree that Forza is hitting its wall. That's what happens when any franchise is so intensely milked without much in the way of big changes (and I suspect MS's weak first party is the reason that Forza has to be milked so bad). Still, the way in which Forza is hitting its wall is much preferable to what has happened to the Gran Turismo franchise.

Seemingly so, Absolutely.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

well no surprise there.

i have told you guys time and again poly does not have the chops to make a modern race game and are instead content to ride on past glory.

poly = joke dev that is at least 5 years behind in game design and completely content to stay there.

Tommyjeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tommyjeeb
Member since 2012 • 79 Posts

standards are far higher nowdays and it seems gt hasnt evolved to keep up.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Meh racing games by default are dull....

Shocked.....

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

How the legend has fallen...

I've never been interested in the franchise, but this is just sad to see something constantly degraded after each "update".

Forza is rightfully the king of the genre right now.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

They need to change gears for the next one. They need to focus less on car count and refine other areas of the game. Forza is beating it in every aspect.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

But it has day-night cycling! Isn't that whats important!!

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I believe most people don't really want a race simulator. The post here reinforce that belief.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

But you can race on the moooooooon!!!

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@FragTycoon said:

I believe most people don't really want a race simulator.

People do. Not people on here maybe but there have always been people that like racing simulators.

Now of course most people don't, the genre has always been a niche.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

If you don't like GT5 you are not going to like this...

I love GT5... people either don't like realistic driving games, or they are expecting too much. Saying the graphics are crap... what are you expecting? do you realise what they have to do to get the game to run smoothly. It seriously impresses me that they have been able to get the game to run and look as great as it does.

As for the sounds, they have no excuses. Not as if audio takes up a lot of resources on the whole.

Rolling starts make me cry though but I can live with it. The fun is mastering the car handling and setting your own lap records. I always see how far I can push a car in endurance races because I always usually end up lapping the AI 20 times so the only competition is yourself. Or like I did in the older games, seeing how many laps you can do on one set of tyres.

Maybe that's just me but I find it amusing.

The only arcade racers I like is Motorstorm (the original), Burnout Paradise (smashing into people is fun). Stuff like Dirt are just total arse. Looks and feels all wrong.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

If the game sucks, it sucks and deserves these scores.

The problem is there are so many fans who love GT and will still buy it, regardless of the score.

It will sell a ton and polyphony won't care about the scores because of the crazy sales.

Very true indeed.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Sad part is my dumbass will still probably buy a copy, even though I'm currently nuts deep in FM5 with my Thrustmaster TX.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

It's going up with more reviews and looks like it's getting praised for the actual racing and physics aspect?

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

Should of just took more time to develop and placed it on the PS4

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions:

Metacritic does not count in SW. Only GS scores.

Stormy Joe. How long do you think I've been here? How long have you been here? Since when do Freshmen tell Seniors how things work? I was here when we made the rules.

You can use the GS score for infantile "ownage" purposes in the low-IQ arguments typically had here, but you should still be able to find value in digesting the Metacritic scoring and opinions of posters who actually own the game. If GS reviews are your sole source for informing your purchasing decisions in the real world, your life is indeed a sad one. The only relevance Gamespot scores have here are for the purposes of choosing a winner/loser in the specific and limited context of SW debating. It's always been intellectually dishonest, but it was the only method we could agree on to give someone a W or an L and stop the subjectivity that created endless debate circles. It was not designed to be some sort of all-encompassing guide for your life beyond System Wars. For those who aren't ridiculous, what the rest have to say matter.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

ROFL. Just close Polyphony down and get a new dev to make GT.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

all the good scores are from well known websites while all the scores below 6 are from websites I have never even heard of in my life.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dreams-Visions

@waltefmoney said:

I don't think that's necessary. I think they just need some fresh blood leading the staff to help modernize some of its features as well as create new never-before-seen features that push the genre forward.

One thing Forza always did right was differentiate itself by emphasizing features that the competition didn't have and fleshing them out exceptionally. Forza's early releases didn't have the best graphics or physics simulations, but it for damn sure had the best online setup, Drivatars, the racing line guides, and car customizations. As Forza's later releases continued to improve the visuals, physics, and engine simulations, it continued to grow and develop what they wanted to do with their game online...and what the industry pushed forward as a result. So now the base line expectation for racing sims is not just good physics and nice car models; it's the damage modeling and online stuff that has to be matched or surpassed.

PD has their work cut out for them with GT7. They need to spend less time on physics now and more time figuring out how to flesh out their releases and bring something new to the table that pushes the genre forward like their older games did.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@waltefmoney said:

I don't think that's necessary. I think they just need some fresh blood leading the staff to help modernize some of its features as well as create new never-before-seen features that push the genre forward.

One thing Forza always did right was differentiate itself by emphasizing features that the competition didn't have and fleshing them out exceptionally. Forza's early releases didn't have the best graphics or physics simulations, but it for damn sure had the best online setup, Drivatars, the racing line guides, and car customizations. As Forza's later releases continued to improve the visuals, physics, and engine simulations, it continued to grow and develop what they wanted to do with their game online...and what the industry pushed forward as a result. So now the base line expectation for racing sims is not just good physics and nice car models; it's the damage modeling and online stuff that has to be matched or surpassed.

PD has their work cut out for them with GT7. They need to spend less time on physics now and more time figuring out how to flesh out their releases and bring something new to the table that pushes the genre forward like their older games did.

Everyone talking about they need to do this, they need to do that. It's not they. The team at polyphony makes a fantastic physics engine and fantastic (premium) car models. The game is all Yamauchi's creation and he has never been a good game designer and he will never be a good game designer. He's not going to change the game or improve it. It will never evolve . He probably doesn't even have a clue that the series has become stale as long as each game sells 10+ million.

His only focus is replicating real life driving and that comes at the expense of game design and many other factors, particularly when the game is so limited by the hardware it runs on. It'd be in Sony's best interest to let Polyphony do the physics enging and car models, and let someone else design the game. But they can't do that to someone with tenure like that.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

so its the same game.....the physics not working is something i have to pause about but i never had a problem with gt being a grind fest....but honestly i havent found and reviewer that is skilled enough or have enough knowledge as a car guy to review gran turismo or forza for that matter. ill keep my opinions to myself when it comes to this.

pd needs some americans or someone with radical thinking to put bells and whistles to the game. this is turning out to be the madden/cod of the racing genre lol

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

GT will always be Forza's older, uglier brother.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

GT further goes into the path of irrelevance every new entry.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Dreams-Visions

@Couth_ said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@waltefmoney said:

Everyone talking about they need to do this, they need to do that. It's not they. The team at polyphony makes a fantastic physics engine and fantastic (premium) car models. The game is all Yamauchi's creation and he has never been a good game designer and he will never be a good game designer. He's not going to change the game or improve it. It will never evolve . He probably doesn't even have a clue that the series has become stale as long as each game sells 10+ million.

His only focus is replicating real life driving and that comes at the expense of game design and many other factors, particularly when the game is so limited by the hardware it runs on. It'd be in Sony's best interest to let Polyphony do the physics enging and car models, and let someone else design the game. But they can't do that to someone with tenure like that.

As I said in my second sentence, they just need some fresh blood leading the project. If the existing people are too rigid to change, they need to have their roles diminished.

...and really, we're not even looking for them to change the game. GT needs to be GT. It just needs to place as high an importance on the online experience, deformations, car customization and the addition of new modes/ideas as it places on the precise replication of each individual car.

If they need to hire more people to focus on those things, that's what they need to do.

PSbore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PSbore
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

The flop station is continuing its tradition of strong flops.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@Couth_ said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@waltefmoney said:

As I said in my second sentence, they just need some fresh blood leading the project. If the existing people are too rigid to change, they need to have their roles diminished.

...and really, we're not even looking for them to change the game. GT needs to be GT. It just needs to place as high an importance on the online experience, deformations, car customization and the addition of new modes/ideas as it places on the precise replication of each individual car.

If they need to hire more people to focus on those things, that's what they need to do.

I know. I'm agreeing with you. But like I said it won't happen. Yamauichi has too much tenure and I can't imagine them letting someone else in with fresh ideas (good as they may be) mess with his baby (GT)

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#87  Edited By caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

@MirkoS77:

So true. I can not stand having 50 versions of a mazda 2.0 liter hatchback yet only 10 Corvettes, 10 Mustangs. Forza has a better car balance.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@MrYaotubo: yet it will probably outsell the whole forza Franchise combined :/

You're seriously underestimating the selling power of gt, if you think its getting irrelevant :/

Avatar image for deactivated-622466a483e10
deactivated-622466a483e10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-622466a483e10
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

the score is currently 80 on metacritic, with 26 reviews.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MrYaotubo

@trollhunter2 said:

@MrYaotubo: yet it will probably outsell the whole forza Franchise combined :/

You're seriously underestimating the selling power of gt, if you think its getting irrelevant :/

Well,lets see how much this one sells in comparison to GT5 and then we´ll see.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Grand Turdismo

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

And no one believed me when I said after they announced GT7 that they would gimp 6 and focus more on it.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#94  Edited By trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@MrYaotubo: even if it doesnt outsell gt5, you can expect it to outsell any other driving sim

on the market. Hell the same was said about gt5, now its even one of the bestselling entries in the franchise

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

Looks like it's at 80 now, which is about where Forza sits.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Well, that kind of sucks. :(

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Why make this thread again?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

Currently sitting at a 78.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-6

...it may go up or down. I suspect it will get around 83 at best. But as of right now,

Gran Turismo: 96

Gran Turismo2: 93

Gran Turismo3 A-spec:95

Gran Turismo4: 89

Gran Tursimo5: 84

Gran Turismo6: 76

Dat downward trend. Game problems that others are taking about are:

- Bad menus (not as bad as GT5 but still bad)

- New physics that sometimes fail to work.

- REALLY bad AI

- License tests are a pain.

- Repeats of flaws from older games.

Is PD going to find a way to modernize its franchise in future releases?

With Metacritic for any game, you have to wait two weeks to a month to let the reviews roll out, otherwise you are in for a rollercoaster of numbers that won't settle.

As I typed this, a quick glance the game is at 80/100. Is that amazing to me? No, but the idea of posting early metacritic scores can result in confusion and/or disappointment for any side.

The game won't stay at 80 either. By tomorrow it could be at 76 again...It just goes to show early posting of metascores results in fluctuation and confusion.

Having said all that, I don't actually care for racers. I just wanted to mention the early metascore issue.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MrYaotubo

@trollhunter2 said:

@MrYaotubo: even if it doesnt outsell gt5, you can expect it to outsell any other driving sim

on the market. Hell the same was said about gt5, now its even one of the bestselling entries in the franchise

GT5 had the same hype effect that Diablo 3 had,D3 has sold to this point around 15 million copies on the PC alone(making it what,the best selling RPG of all time maybe),and yet it was the disapointment we all know,same with GT5.

Most people,regarding both franchises won´t be suckered up anytime soon.

Also,saying that GT5 is one of the best selling in the series,while fairly truthful is also somehwta misleading,there´s aren´t that many of them in the first place and GT5 isnt even on the top 3 best selling of the series.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#100  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@HAZE-Unit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JohnF111 said:

@jhonMalcovich: yeah they should scrap them completely and just make new ones, if that takes too long then release them as future content in GT6 and include them in the next game. They've at least improved them to the point of being "good enough" rather than "OMG LMAO!!". still they are a far cry from PS2 graphics so that's just you being a fanboy hater.

SW where no one admits a console they don't own has positives and if you mention a negative you're a fan boy of another console. God forbid one be honest.

Well the OP is a fanboy, GT6 is nowhere near a ps2 game.

Goes on all over this board. Saw that titanfall looks like an original Xbox game the other day. Its pure BS