Good bye Black Ops, HELLO Crysis 2!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts

Just finished playing the C2 demo (PS3 version) and I'm pretty blown away. I could not disagree more with the people who are saying it's just COD with powers. Granted the killstreaks are an obvious ripoff, but COD was never this fun. The suit powers make for some very interesting and memorable situations/fire fights. Black Ops is sooooooo getting traded in for this.

BTW, this is coming from a *big* former skeptic of C2, and also someone who really enjoyed Black Ops, so I'm not trolling.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

if by suit powers being fun u mean people cloaking/camping with shot guns...then yes...fun...maybe its not the same on teh ps3 version...but thats all i saw on the pc version when i played...the game just enables campers...which games should punish them...u know by makin them a sitting target (notice the love to quake live and unreal tournament)

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Wouldn't be hard. Black Ops isn't even finished. Its a flop.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shake_McGee

Blog it next time please.

Grawse

No, I will not "blog" it. This is perfectly fine as a topic of discussion.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I'll have both. :P

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shake_McGee

Wouldn't be hard. Black Ops isn't even finished. Its a flop. biggest_loser

Well granted the C2 demo didn't feel anywhere near finished, either. I hope the matchmaking and loading in the final version is much more seamless.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

Blog it next time please.

Shake_McGee

No, I will not "blog" it. This is perfectly fine as a topic of discussion.

Ok. I was under the impression you were saying how much you like the Crysis 2 demo and how you're trading in Black Ops for it.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Didn't really do anything for me. I didn't think it was bad, nor did I think it was particularly great, just 'OK'.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shake_McGee

timmy00

Meh, I don't really want to trade it in, but money is tight so I gotta cut corners. Besides, I only use Black Ops for zombies anymore.

DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

if by suit powers being fun u mean people cloaking/camping with shot guns...then yes...fun...maybe its not the same on teh ps3 version...but thats all i saw on the pc version when i played...the game just enables campers...which games should punish them...u know by makin them a sitting target (notice the love to quake live and unreal tournament)

lpjazzman220

Use Nanovision bro. And stop being a noob at the game.

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shake_McGee

lpjazzman220

I haven't experienced any camping, yet. Maybe I've just been lucky.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Just finished playing the C2 demo (PS3 version) and I'm pretty blown away. I could not disagree more with the people who are saying it's just COD with powers. Granted the killstreaks are an obvious ripoff, but COD was never this fun. The suit powers make for some very interesting and memorable situations/fire fights. Black Ops is sooooooo getting traded in for this.

BTW, this is coming from a *big* former skeptic of C2, and also someone who really enjoyed Black Ops, so I'm not trolling.

Shake_McGee

So, Crysis 2 isnt a COD ripoff because its more fun?

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
I've been playing the 360 demo for at least a month now, and it's gets stale extremely quickly If anything, COD gamers wanting a new experience should try Homefront. It's a mix of COD and Battlefield (Kaos Studios helped Dice with Battlefield 2) with a new leveling/point system that keeps the gameplay fresh
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shake_McGee

[QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]

agpickle

So, Crysis 2 isnt a COD ripoff because its more fun?

Pretty much, yes. But maybe I should have been more specific. The powers really make Crysis 2 stand apart from COD. Being able to jump 20 feet, turn invisible, slide, and take more damage is a very big game changer. They don't feel similar at all, other than the previously mentioned killstreaks.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BodyElite

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

Shake_McGee

Meh, I don't really want to trade it in, but money is tight so I gotta cut corners. Besides, I only use Black Ops for zombies anymore.

I played it smart and traded in BO 2 months after launch when it was still selling. I got nearly full price :P Don't worry, a new COD is coming out in 6 months
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BodyElite
Wouldn't be hard. Black Ops isn't even finished. Its a flop. biggest_loser
So that's why it's the most popular game in existance, or form of entertainment for that matter, and nearly every FPS these days are trying to copy it's gameplay but failing?
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shake_McGee

[QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

BodyElite

I played it smart and traded in BO 2 months after launch when it was still selling. I got nearly full price :P Don't worry, a new COD is coming out in 6 months

If I can get back atleast half the original price, I'll be happy.

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shake_McGee

I've been playing the 360 demo for at least a month now, and it's gets stale extremely quickly If anything, COD gamers wanting a new experience should try Homefront. It's a mix of COD and Battlefield (Kaos Studios helped Dice with Battlefield 2) with a new leveling/point system that keeps the gameplay freshBodyElite

Lol, well it's just a demo. If anything that's pretty impressive that it was able to hold your attention for a month.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BodyElite

[QUOTE="BodyElite"]I've been playing the 360 demo for at least a month now, and it's gets stale extremely quickly If anything, COD gamers wanting a new experience should try Homefront. It's a mix of COD and Battlefield (Kaos Studios helped Dice with Battlefield 2) with a new leveling/point system that keeps the gameplay freshShake_McGee

Lol, well it's just a demo. If anything that's pretty impressive that it was able to hold your attention for a month.

I've played maybe 15 matches within that month. It's too simple and not much to it
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#21 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Wouldn't be hard. Black Ops isn't even finished. Its a flop. BodyElite
So that's why it's the most popular game in existance, or form of entertainment for that matter, and nearly every FPS these days are trying to copy it's gameplay but failing?

It sold well but that doesn't mean that it isn't buggy and unpolished (which it was/is)
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
Not to mention Black Ops MP looks like a turd compared to Crysis 2 MP. I'm not what you would call a graphics whore but Black Ops doesn't look much better than some Quake 3 mods I have played... not surprising since it uses that engine. Crysis 2 on the other hand has all kinds of new technical bells and whistles as well as better gameplay.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
well.. i got the impression of cod with powers from the mp demo (which mind u looks AWFUL) the powers are kinda cool i admit i kinda like them but i was more impressed with the maneuverability
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Yeah I did notice a lot of campers of both the 360 and the PC version, but once you get used to the nano suit its easy killing them. I really did like the MP, but I'm not sure how long the online can last, it did get boring after a while.

Peanutbutterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Peanutbutterz
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts
Crysis 2 doesn't have anything on CoD in terms of fluidity and gameplay. I don't see why people are hyping this game up so much like it's going to be a CoD killer when it's only going to be big for maybe about a couple of months then die off, and when I'm saying it's going to be big, I'm being generous.
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

lpjazzman220

You can't camp in Crysis 2 for 3 reasons:

1) You get to see the replay of your death from your killer's eyes. You'll know where he is

2) Nanovision

3) Maximim radar

You obviously haven't played Crysis 2 multiplayer. If there's one thing i learnt from the demo...it's that you have to keep moving to stay alive. There are too many ways for your opponent to get you if you stay still.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

it blew you away? for me it just made me not want the game at all! the graphics were amazing but the actual gameplay was seriously awful! the running is slow, hit markers all over the place, slow weapons and a couple more issues, was planning to get it on release but im officially not getting it till its $20 or below, i'll stick with Killzone 3 and Black Ops for the shooter side

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

Shake_McGee

For real? I couldnt even find a match for like fifteen minutes, graphics are terrible, framerate goes way under 30 fps at times, lots of pop-in, it takes a clip to kill someone, people are camping with shotguns. No thanks, i stay on BC2 and KZ3. Not that those are perfect but Crysis 2 demo actualy lowered my interest in it.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

From what I've played...Black Ops kicks the living s*** out of Crysis 2.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
ugh
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

It's threads like this that make part of me die inside. The original Crysis is one of my favorite shooters of all time (even game in general). I do not want a Crysis game that can be compared to the CoD series. I enjoy a CoD game here and there, but I want CoD style of gameplay when playing a CoD game.

Crysis was very open and choice played a huge part. After I played the Crysis 2 MP demo on PC, I lost all faith in the MP aspect of Crysis 2. I will still play it for the SP, but I have much less hope for it that before I had played the MP demo.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

lpjazzman220
I rarely ever saw campers on the PC version, and if I did, they usually died by my hand. It's really easy to kill campers in this game.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shake_McGee
Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95
Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.Shake_McGee
I just saw the 360 demo at a friends house. I was rather impressed with how it ran and how it looked on that old ass outdated hardware. Are you talking about the framerate of the PS3 version? Because when you cloaked, it was just awful. Of course, the PC version looks pretty good and runs at mostly 60 fps, but then again I have a powerful rig.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shake_McGee
[QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.DragonfireXZ95
I just saw the 360 demo at a friends house. I was rather impressed with how it ran and how it looked on that old ass outdated hardware. Are you talking about the framerate of the PS3 version? Because when you cloaked, it was just awful. Of course, the PC version looks pretty good and runs at mostly 60 fps, but then again I have a powerful rig.

Yeah, I had that problem. Sniping in the demo is already difficult because of the frame rate, but if you're cloaked sniping is damn near impossible :/ This is something that will undoubtably be fixed. It's far too conspicuous of a problem and Crytek isn't the type of dev who would just overlook it.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shake_McGee
[QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.DragonfireXZ95

Yeah, I had that problem. Sniping in the demo is already difficult because of the frame rate, but if you're cloaked sniping is damn near impossible :/ This is something that will undoubtably be fixed. It's far too conspicuous of a problem and Crytek isn't the type of dev who would just overlook it.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.Shake_McGee

Yeah after playing the PS3 demo, I was so glad I wasn't primarily a console gamer. That was just an atrocious demo. It took like 3 minutes to find a match, it takes like 10 seconds on the PC version because of the server browser. The framerate was awful throughout most of it. Then the sound cut out halfway through for some reason. Then the host migration started, and we all had to wait another 30 seconds or so for the game to pick a new host. The graphics looked like complete ass. On top of it all, I had to use a controller for an FPS, I've always hated that... it was just plain awful.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
I thought it was pretty fun. I saw mad jaggies though.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Shake_McGee"]Holy s***. Am I the ONLY person that liked it? The frame rate was indeed annoying, but this is something I have 100% faith in Crytek fixing. It's just a demo.Shake_McGee

If they fix it then I might be interested in the game again but the demo really was disappointing.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It's threads like this that make part of me die inside. The original Crysis is one of my favorite shooters of all time (even game in general). I do not want a Crysis game that can be compared to the CoD series. I enjoy a CoD game here and there, but I want CoD style of gameplay when playing a CoD game.

Crysis was very open and choice played a huge part. After I played the Crysis 2 MP demo on PC, I lost all faith in the MP aspect of Crysis 2. I will still play it for the SP, but I have much less hope for it that before I had played the MP demo.

arto1223

I have to agree, although after watching some single player videos on youtube I'm actually looking forward to the SP and MP for Crysis 2.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

When I played COD for the first time it was awesome, "OMG so realll" (CoD 4) then I got MW2... Then BFBC2 "OMG actually more realistic"

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Im only interested in the campaign! Looks fantastic.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well i like what they do with the suit modes, i dont like how they do it. Sprint, not maximum speed takes up energy, armor is like a shield that gets activated and runs down over time, climbing is crap, i wont even talk about jumping and totall lack of meele damage, what happen to maximum strength? So in conclusion they way they doing it is terrible and black ops is more fun, it made more sense.
kakanoucia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kakanoucia
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts

Same here! :P Managed to get a sweet deal for trading in Black Ops for Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Man, I said goodbye to Black Ops a long time ago. Got a trade in bonus towards KZ3 at the time, 25% extra. Pretty good deal, especially considering that Black Ops isn't even a game.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Im only interested in the campaign! Looks fantastic.

PAL360

I like the multi-player, even if it is heavily inspired by Call of Duty. It's still has a lot of verticality, and signature Crysis flair/mechanics.

I won't be playing it much, though. I'd rather watch my bro play it. I'm more interested in the campain, like you.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

jhcho2

You can't camp in Crysis 2 for 3 reasons:

1) You get to see the replay of your death from your killer's eyes. You'll know where he is

2) Nanovision

3) Maximim radar

You obviously haven't played Crysis 2 multiplayer. If there's one thing i learnt from the demo...it's that you have to keep moving to stay alive. There are too many ways for your opponent to get you if you stay still.

i guess i didnt play long enough then...i played right after the crytek servers came back up day 1 and played for about 2 hours...everytime i died it was pretty much by the hand of someone in a corner cloaked with a shotgun...idk...maybe im just not into cod type games...

NWA90s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NWA90s
Member since 2010 • 859 Posts

Shake_McGee
really? i played Crysis 2 demo just like i play black ops and ended up with a great score. even got the green laser killstreak. it is kinda COD rip off. it has the same killstreaks as COD4 and has killcam. I agree it is more fun then any COD i have played exept for cod4 but that doesnt mean its not a rip off
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

lpjazzman220

this....100 percent