Gonna get flack, but Insomniac isn't one of the greater development houses

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seraphimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Seraphimon
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

Imo.

They make good, competent and enjoyable games, but at their roots, that's all they've made thus far.

Resistance 2 might be one of their more ambitious efforts, but i don't get the way people big up them.

They're not an Intelligent Systems(Super Metroid, Thracia 7), a Team Ico(Ico, SOTC) or even a Retro or a Team Lionhead.

They make good, to great games, but they merely fill a library, not crown it.

Their games aren't the ones that come to mind when you think of gems of a game library.

Enjoy their games, and i have and will continue to do so, but don't make them bigger than they are. Unfair to them, and expectations placed on them, and unfair to the true greats.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
I have to agree. They make some fun games, but nothing Zelda, GTA, Halo, etc. level.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

Imo.

They make good, competent and enjoyable games, but at their roots, that's all they've made thus far.

Resistance 2 might be one of their more ambitious efforts, but i don't get the way people big up them.

They're not an Intelligent Systems(Super Metroid, Thracia 7), a Team Ico(Ico, SOTC) or even a Retro or a Team Lionhead.

They make good, to great games, but they merely fill a library, not crown it.

Their games aren't the ones that come to mind when you think of gems of a game library.

Enjoy their games, and i have and will continue to do so, but don't make them bigger than they are. Unfair to them, and expectations placed on them, and unfair to the true greats.

Seraphimon

100% agreed

cows aren't going to like this, but it is the truth

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
I third that sir
revolution2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 revolution2k6
Member since 2005 • 1446 Posts
not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistant
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Insomiac is a tad overrated. I agree.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

No company, Nintendo (Actually they do), RockStar, Valve, Bungie, Team ICO (When was their last game again?) can constantly spew out their main games, all AA-AAA games at least once a year. They are arguebly the fastest dev to make quality games out there.

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts
nice opinion, dosent stop people from enjoying the games
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts
I don't think its that there games are gems or anything which they aren't. Insomniac is great because they put out above average games consistenly.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tman93
not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantrevolution2k6
This is basicly what im saying, while they don't make as good as games as the devs you listed, they make their games, always at least "good" AA-AAA games very fast and very consistantly
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

No company, Nintendo (Actually they do), RockStar, Valve, Bungie, Team ICO (When was their last game again?) can constantly spew out their main games, all AA-AAA games at least once a year. They are arguebly the fastest dev to make quality games out there.

tman93

Yes. However, the games of Insomniac are not quite of the caliber of those of these dev houses. The OP had it right when he said "they merely fill a library, not crown it".

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
I enjoy games what i like, don't mind us sir.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

Very overrated developer

Resistance 1 was a derivative FPS that symbolised the failure of the PS3 launch lineup. A by the numbers uninteresting game but still the best exclusive on the PS3

The entire Ratchet series is garbage. The PS2 games were OK but never as good as the best Nintendo platformers averaging AA scores.

I am REALLY looking forward to Resistance 2 but it has to be said that Insomniac are garbage compared to Nintendo's first parties

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
nice opinion, dosent stop people from enjoying the gamesMiss_Wacy
No one is saying they don't make enjoyable games.
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantrevolution2k6

^ This is why Insomniac is talked about so much. They're CONSISTANT. How many other dev's can you name put out a quality game almost EVERY year?

usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts

tman93

No dev has crap on Ubisoft and it's teams. They can constantly spam AA-AAA games every year and no one gets tired of them.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts

[QUOTE="revolution2k6"]not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantshadyd1717

^ This is why Insomniac is talked about so much. They're CONSISTANT. How many other dev's can you name put out a quality game almost EVERY year?

Nintendo, they put out games like every 4 months. :D

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Insomniac releases QUALITY titles every year. They are very consistent and the final product is always a great game.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"]

thepwninator

Yes. However, the games of Insomniac are not quite of the caliber of those of these dev houses. The OP had it right when he said "they merely fill a library, not crown it".

But if Valve, Bungie, ect. Released their major serise with 1 year of work, they wouldn't consistantly hit AA-AAA titles.

And I love Intelligent Systems FE is my favorite serise, but they took a few years to make Fire Emblem for the Wii, a game that got a 6 something, a review I throughly disagreed with but still... and Team ICO hasn't made a game if I recall for a couple years..... both of them at least imo arn't better devs then Insomniac and shouldn't be listed up there with Valve, Bungie, ect.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tman93
[QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

[QUOTE="revolution2k6"]not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantMarth6781

I love Nintendo but no..... they do release games alot, but most arn't very good, most are A at best.

Each Mario, Zelda, Metroid takes about 4 years for them to develop, they are very great games better than Incomniac has ever created, but they couldn't do it fast, imagine if they spent a year on it like Insomniac does on their games... it would be terrible.

usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts
You want an AAA developer. Ubisofts teams. Everyone takes them for granted because of the sheer amount of great games they put out.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

It is somewhat impressive that they can pump out a decent game a year, but that's all they've really got going for them imo. They're definitely no where near the same league as Blizzard, Valve, or Bioware.

yellowandmushy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yellowandmushy
Member since 2006 • 2095 Posts
I have not disliked any of there games.
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Marth6781
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

[QUOTE="revolution2k6"]not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistanttman93

I love Nintendo but no..... they do release games alot, but most arn't very good, most are A at best.

Each Mario, Zelda, Metroid takes about 4 years for them to develop, they are very great games better than Incomniac has ever created, but they couldn't do it fast, imagine if they spent a year on it like Insomniac does on their games... it would be terrible.

??? last year nintendo released more AA-AAA games than insomiac has ever done in their dev. history.

But anyways nintendo does release at least 1 AA-AAA game every year.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

[QUOTE="revolution2k6"]not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantMarth6781

??? last year nintendo released more AA-AAA games than insomiac has ever done in their dev. history.

That's not a very fair comparison considering how many development studios (each one probably about the size of or bigger than Insomniac) Nintendo has working for them.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

I agree with this.

Insomniac is sort of a play it safe kind of developer.

They are very competent and make a very polished product, but they don't push boundaries. They stick to a somewhat derivative blueprint.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tragic_Kingdom7

nice opinion, dosent stop people from enjoying the gamesMiss_Wacy

Oh brother.

I hate when people post meaningless stuff like this that doesn't address the topic.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Marth6781
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

[QUOTE="revolution2k6"]not the best, but they produce very above average games and are extreamly releiable/consistantTyrantDragon55

That's not the really most fair comparison in the world considering how many development studios (each one probably about the size of or bigger than Insomniac) Nintendo has working for them.

Eghh.. sorry?

Nah but seriously i love insomniac, but it was just against the guy who said most of nintendos games arent very good.

Seraphimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Seraphimon

Never said they don't make good enjoyable games(they most certainly do), but my point is that they're not one of the legendary houses.

Intelligent Systems made Thracia 7, one of, if not the most respected srpgs out there not named FFT, and Super Metroid, considered by many to be the perfect game.

Team Ueda makes the Ico games, which is the best studio Sony has by a long shot.

Retro made the highest rated game last gen, and successfully redid one of the most respected franchises in 3d.

Team Lionhead has Molyneux, who has made some of the most ambitious games ever, Black and White having the most advanced ai seen yet, 7 years later.

I repeat, Insomniac fills out a library, but they don't crown it.

They do consistently pump out good games, but that's all they do.

Just don't put expectations on them to create the next BIG game, else disappointment will surely follow.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TyrantDragon55

Insomniac releases QUALITY titles every year. They are very consistent and the final product is always a great game.EVOLV3

But never anything that pushes boundaries. Like everyone else has said; they're a fine development studio, but no where near the greats.

jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Insomniac is awesome, but does anyone remember Disruptor? What a stinker.
Seraphimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seraphimon

I think the fact that Resistance and Ratchet were both so highly lauded speaks more about the ps3s first year, rather than the merit of their gameplay, to be perfectly honest.

Kameo and Perfect Dark 0 were both lauded in 2005-06, and look how that turned out.

They churn out good games at a great rate, but top tier they're not imo.

Consistent and in touch with their fanbase when it comes to development, but not innovative, imo.

Doesn't make them a bad studio to say they're not one of the big boys. We've all got a role to play, and they do theirs well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Agreed

Bungie Had Myth Series and Marathon. Then The big Halo Trilogy. With Halo COmbat Evolved and Halo 2 being the king of console shooters last gen. Halo 3 is still arguably 2nd best based on popularity so far.

Valve had Half Life

Nintendo has Zelda and Mario

Rockstar has Grand Theft Auto

Konami with Metal Gear Solid

Capcom with Resident Evil

Retro Studios had Metroid Prime Trilogy

Insomniac is good, but nothing special. In fact they are quite overrated. Epic as arrogant as they are still had Gears of War and Unreal 1 and Unreal 2k4
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tragic_Kingdom7

Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.jack_russel

Innovative? How? Everytime someone says this, I fail to understand. Resistance was derivative of other shooters and Ratchet and Clank basically took all ready established platforming conventions and just put them together in a savvy way.

Plus, they've rehashed R&C about 5 times. How is that innovative?

Also, AA does not put them amongst the greats.

And lastly, it's not hard to be the PS3's crown jewel and Uncharted is arguably better.

The fact that they are fast and consistent means they are efficient, not great.

Old school Nintendo (and a tiny bit of new school Nintendo) is greatness.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jg4xchamp
Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.jack_russel
What innovation?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

Resistance 2 could be there defining moment. IT COULD BE THERE BIG GAME.

IT could be there Halo, there GTA, there Zelda.

Even David Jaffe was only Mickey Mania and Twisted Metal before he made God of War.

Cliffy B was just a guy who worked on the Unreal Tournament Team until he designed Gears of War.

Even Bioware didn't start at Baldurs Gate 2.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

Took the words right out of my mouth. Insomniac are the one of best, and most consistant devs out there. Trying to say that they don't crown a library is just wrong, because the R&C games were among the best on the PS2, and Resistance is still considered by many to be the best PS3 game... And that was just a launch game. You've got to give credit where credit is due.

Kind of worth contributing to the topic.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="usmcjdk6"]You want an AAA developer. Ubisofts teams. Everyone takes them for granted because of the sheer amount of great games they put out.[/QUOTE

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was a rehash.

And GRAW and GRAW 2 were good but nothing amazing.

Assassins Creed was good but repetitive and AA at best really, some consider the game to be very average.

There best work recently has been Spllintercell and Prince of Persia.

and even those games dropped in quality in certain cases.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jack_russel"]Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.Not-A-Stalker

Took the words right out of my mouth. Insomniac are the best, and most consistant devs out there. Trying to say that they don't crown a library is just wrong, because the R&C games were among the best on the PS2, and Resistance is still considered by many to be the best PS3 game... And that was just a launch game. You've got to give credit where credit is due.

being the best game on the system means nothing when the system hasn't had much worthwhile anyway. The PS3 has been dissappointing for the most part so far.

IT isn't like Super Mario 64 and Halo Combat Evolved which weren't just good 64/XBOX games. But impressive videogames period. They were premiere games the entire gen, not just for there respective console.

Ratchet and Clank was a great series but no where near PS2s best. Heck Jak and Daxter was probably a better platformer and wasn't rehashed for like the 5th time.

GOd of War, Metal Gear Solid 2/3, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 3, Gran Turismo 5, ICO, Shadow of the Collauses, etc were all better games than anything Insomniac put out.

They are consistant, they can make good games.

But they aren't great. They haven't made there "BIG" game.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Not-A-Stalker

Agreed

Bungie Had Myth Series and Marathon. Then The big Halo Trilogy. With Halo COmbat Evolved and Halo 2 being the king of console shooters last gen. Halo 3 is still arguably 2nd best based on popularity so far.

Valve had Half Life

Insomniac is good, but nothing special. In fact they are quite overrated. Epic as arrogant as they are still had Gears of War and Unreal 1 and Unreal 2k4jg4xchamp

The difference between Insomniac and all those that you just named off is that Insomniac is just one small studio. Capcom, Konami, Rockstar and Nintendo are a big collection of different studios. It's really unfair to compare them, unless you want to get into the specific studios of those companies you named.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TyrantDragon55

How? Ratchet and Clank is a fairly standard platformer with wacky guns thrown in. Resistance is a completely by the numbers console first person shooter with wacky guns thrown in. What innovation do you see because I see none.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Not-A-Stalker
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

[QUOTE="jack_russel"]Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.jg4xchamp

Took the words right out of my mouth. Insomniac are the best, and most consistant devs out there. Trying to say that they don't crown a library is just wrong, because the R&C games were among the best on the PS2, and Resistance is still considered by many to be the best PS3 game... And that was just a launch game. You've got to give credit where credit is due.

being the best game on the system means nothing when the system hasn't had much worthwhile anyway. The PS3 has been dissappointing for the most part so far.

IT isn't like Super Mario 64 and Halo Combat Evolved which weren't just good 64/XBOX games. But impressive videogames period. They were premiere games the entire gen, not just for there respective console.

Ratchet and Clank was a great series but no where near PS2s best. Heck Jak and Daxter was probably a better platformer and wasn't rehashed for like the 5th time.

GOd of War, Metal Gear Solid 2/3, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 3, Gran Turismo 5, ICO, Shadow of the Collauses, etc were all better games than anything Insomniac put out.

Our opinions are like... polar opposites in almost every point you just laid down. There's not really much I can say to that because I know it's usually useless trying to change someone elses opinion, so I'll just say I can respect your opinion...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Agreed. Thats pretty much how i feel about most of their titles.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Agreed

Valve had Half Life

Insomniac is good, but nothing special. In fact they are quite overrated. Epic as arrogant as they are still had Gears of War and Unreal 1 and Unreal 2k4Not-A-Stalker

The difference between Insomniac and all those that you just named off is that Insomniac is just one small studio. Capcom, Konami, Rockstar and Nintendo are a big collection of different studios. It's really unfair to compare them, unless you want to get into the specific studios of those companies you named.

well those specfic teams have had there BIG GAME.

Insomniac is missing that.

Ratchet was a good platformer.

But never anything like the First 2 Banjo Kazooie games.

Super Mario 64/Super Mario Galaxy

DOnkey Kong 64

Heck even Jak and Daxter can make a claim to be being better.

Resistance was a good first person shooter.

But NO Halo or Call of Duty. Or the story of a Bioshock, Half Life, etc

Or the MP thrill of Unreal Tournament and COunterstrike.

Insomniac is a good developer but Not one of the greats.

They are the Jim Kelly where as the devs mentioned are more like Joe Montana.

They have to deliver there big gem before they can make a claim to greatness.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

It is somewhat impressive that they can pump out a decent game a year, but that's all they've really got going for them imo. They're definitely no where near the same league as Blizzard, Valve, or Bioware.

TyrantDragon55

At the same time, one must ask the question: If those other devs were pumping out one game a year, would they be of Insomniac quality? Or would they always need years to make decent games?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Insomniac may not be the best studio out there, but they are persistant and never cease to impress. All their games are great or above unlike Rockstar which does have some really shoddy games thrown in for good measure (Manhunt 2) and while Bungie has been cranking out the AAAs remember that ever since they started working on Halo, thats all they have ever done. Insomniac isnt afraid to try sumthing new every once in a while and thats good.
John_Keyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 John_Keyes
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

The hypocrisy on here is amazing.Almost all threads here are pure nitpicking on each and every aspect of PS3 and anything associated with Sony...you'll never see 'Team Ninja isn't one of the greater developement houses', or any threads critisizing any dev company assosicated with any other company, only system wars huh:roll:

Insomiac aren't the best, no one has ever claimed that, but they are extremely innovative, attentive, dedicated, and have one of the best work ethnics out of all the devs this gen...

Resistence is a prime example, those who play the game know how dedicated they are...patches, content, map packs, etc...

But, with that being said, there's developement houses on the 360 and Wii that aren't great either...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

[QUOTE="jack_russel"]Are you kidding? I don't understand how you couldn't consider them one of the greats. Most of their games are at least AA, ratchet and clank got an editor's choice award and is one of the top franchises in it's genre, and Resistance is practically the PS3's crown jewl. They're innovative, consistent, and fast with their development times. What else do you want? I can understand you may like some developers more than them, but how can you deny them their props? That's just wrong.Not-A-Stalker

Our opinions are like... polar opposites in almost every point you just laid down. There's not really much I can say to that because I know it's usually useless trying to change someone elses opinion, so I'll just say I can respect your opinion...

well then lets see what they got with Resistance 2.

If there was ever going to be a time they were going to shut me and everyone up it would be with a game

that had 2 campaigns.

1 built for coop.

and 8 player coop

60 Player online built more like objective based combat.

a Huge Scale shooter with an even deeper and darker story.

IF there was ever going to be a time Ted Price and Insomniac were going to have "THE BIG GAME" this would be it.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tragic_Kingdom7

The hypocrisy on here is amazing.Almost all threads here are pure nitpicking on each and every aspect of PS3 and anything associated with Sony...you'll never see 'Team Ninja isn't one of the greater developement houses', or any threads critisizing any dev company assosicated with any other company, only system wars huh:roll:

Insomiac aren't the best, no one has ever claimed that, but they are extremely innovative, attentive, dedicated, and have one of the best work ethnics out of all the devs this gen...

Resistence is a prime example, those who play the game know how dedicated they are...patches, content, map packs, etc...

But, with that being said, there's developement houses on the 360 and Wii that aren't great either...

John_Keyes

Please explain how Insomniac is innovative.

And I agree about Team Ninja. Ninja Gaiden is their only masterpiece. Dead or Alive on the other hand sucks balls.