goes to show what a few dedicated marines and their labo can do...

• 118 results
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

I do not like avocado toast.

Yes you do, you just don't know it yet ;)

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: They aren't entirely irrelevant as you seem to be making two separate points.

1. That LABO is overpriced for the materials on offer

and

2. That the mini games and software are only fun for 5-10 minutes.

From the sounds of it, Alan seems be addressing the idea that there is very little fun to be had out of LABO, not the price or value of the materials. He's addressing the idea that LABO is only fun for 10 minutes.

LABO is overpriced period. Both mini games and cardboard wise and yes mini games are crappy for $80. Name me a single guy or kid you know playhing with them for hours. Lol...

I dont care if its 10 minutes or 20 minutes, its irrelevant to my point. Ask the guys playing them and youll get the point in the end of the day

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

LABO is a kids game and a really cool looking one. I'd have gone apeshit for it at 5 years old.

Dunno what ads, pop songs and the price of cardboard has to do with anything, lol. The price of a disc is pennies, that doesn't equate to the value of the game on it. Intellectual property is what you are paying for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@AzatiS: Your assertion that LABO is fun for everyone for 20 minutes is conjecture that Alan disagrees with. He believes the fun is in the crafting and playing, which I think explains the confusion a bit more and how his comments relate to your post.

Polynu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Polynu
Member since 2018 • 40 Posts

I wish I had this when I was 5. I was really into music and video games from a very young age. I think this a genius idea. They even designed the software somewhat like a DAW with a sequencer.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#107 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Pure shit garbage......and nothing more.But the funny part is how the stupid sheep try to defend this shit.....lololol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#108  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19577 Posts

The last time Ariana promoted a video game, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, there was backlash from gamers. But it did help bring in casuals. That's what this should do for Labo.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Foolish. We all know games exist to make children feel like totally mature adults because children attach their identity to the things they consume.

Hopefully one day they grow up from this mindset. Some, unfortunately, never do. I'm young at heart and I'm a happier person for it.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bread_or_Decide

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: Cardboard is low quality paper?

They can't keep their insults consistent. Cardboard is not paper, and also it's actually a higher quality than paper.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@locopatho said:

LABO is a kids game and a really cool looking one. I'd have gone apeshit for it at 5 years old.

Dunno what ads, pop songs and the price of cardboard has to do with anything, lol. The price of a disc is pennies, that doesn't equate to the value of the game on it. Intellectual property is what you are paying for.

Shhhh, your logic is not welcomed here.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AzatiS
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: Cardboard is low quality paper?

They can't keep their insults consistent. Cardboard is not paper, and also it's actually a higher quality than paper.

You keep avoiding the link above in purpose or ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: the link above only proves though that cardboard is more expensive than cheap paper. :P

It says there that 12 inches of cardboard costs 20 cent per unit. The equivalent in thermal paper is 0.4 cent, or purchasable in bulk for 80 cent for 150 feet vs. 20 cent for a foot of that cardboard.

It might be cheap cardboard but it isn't cheaper than paper.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By AzatiS
@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: the link above only proves though that cardboard is more expensive than cheap paper. :P

It says there that 12 inches of cardboard costs 20 cent per unit. The equivalent in thermal paper is 0.4 cent, or purchasable in bulk for 80 cent for 150 feet vs. 20 cent for a foot of that cardboard.

It might be cheap cardboard but it isn't cheaper than paper.

The link proves that you buying cheap ass products for $80. Thats why the guy link that in the first place and thats the point im making. I wouldnt say the same if Nintendo was asking $5 bucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: Oh no you're totally right. Labo is very expensive.

But my whole pedantic joke was over the fact that cardboard isn't cheap paper. Cardboard is more expensive than most types of paper.

It's cheap cardboard though. Labo looks to me to be only single walled.

That still makes Nintendo's markup when you factor in cutting and printing overpriced.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#116 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19577 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Kids should be learning to make music for real. Seriously, you can find a guitar for the cost of a lot of this labo stuff. Learn to play, learn to truly create something instead of following a template.

That's what old-timers said when electronic music came along. A guitar isn't the only real way to make music.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Wonder what it must be like to have such a burning hatred towards cardboard lol.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Still better value than Sony's Vita memory cards.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3034 Posts

Catchy song. Feels weird that I'm about to add an Ariana Grande song to my spotify playlist.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Kids should be learning to make music for real. Seriously, you can find a guitar for the cost of a lot of this labo stuff. Learn to play, learn to truly create something instead of following a template.

That's what old-timers said when electronic music came along. A guitar isn't the only real way to make music.

I understand that, but this is a bit different than a simple generational disagreement.

So, again, find a guitar, drum machine, electronic keyboard, or something old and used for cheap.

I mean honestly this is only trying to fool the parents. "Oh I don't want my little Billy playing mean, evil, bloody games! I'm gonna get him LABO!" If you don't want your kid playing video games, then don't have your kid play video games.